Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Fayose Distributes N10Million Grant To Artisans In Ekiti - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Distributes N10Million Grant To Artisans In Ekiti (12216 Views)

Fayose Distributes Rice And N200 After Eating N100 Buka Rice / Saraki Provides Job Tools For Artisans In Kwara (Photos) / Sallah: Fayose Distributes Rams To Muslims, Urges Them To Pray For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayose Distributes N10Million Grant To Artisans In Ekiti by MizTyna(f): 12:03pm On Aug 04, 2016
Kizito2nv:
*Why most States can't pay salaries of workers and the many ills of our economy.* THIS IS AN ASSESSMENT ON AN INSTITUTION WITH ALL POLITICAL PARTIES. *NOT A DISCUSSION ON ANY POLITICAL PARTY.*

21 senators currently receive pensions from government as ex-governors and deputy governors.

The current senators who once served as governors are *Bukola Saraki* of Kwara, *Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso* of Kano, *Kabiru Gaya* of Kano, *Godswill Akpabio* of Akwa Ibom, *Theodore Orji* of Abia, *Abdullahi Adamu* of Nasarawa, *Sam Egwu* of Ebonyi, *Shaaba Lafiagi* of Kwara, *Joshua Dariye* of Plateau *Jonah Jang* of Plateau, *Aliyu Magatakarda Wamakko* of Sokoto, *Ahmed Sani Yarima* of Zamfara, *Danjuma Goje* of Gombe, *Bukar Abba Ibrahim* of Yobe, *Adamu Aliero* of Kebbi, *George Akume* of Benue and *Isiaka Adeleke* of Osun.

*The former deputy governors in the Senate*
are *Ms Biodun Olujimi* of Ekiti and *Enyinaya Harcourt Abaribe* of Abia. *Danladi Abubakar Sani* served as the acting governor of Taraba state.

Many *former governors* are also in Buhari's Cabinet as Ministers. This includes: *Ngige, Fayemi, Amaechi and Fashola (SAN)*

In Akwa Ibom State, the law provides that ex governors and deputy governors receive pension equivalent to the salaries of the incumbent. The package also includes a new official car and a utility vehicle every four years; one personal aide; a cook, chauffeurs and security guards for the governor at a sum not exceeding N5 million per month and N2.5 million for his deputy governor.

In Rivers, the law provides 100 percent of annual basic salaries for the ex-governor and deputy, one residential house for the former governor “anywhere of his choice in Nigeria”; one residential house anywhere in Rivers for the deputy, three cars for the ex-governor every four years and two cars for the deputy every four years.

It is alledged that in Lagos, a former governor will get two houses, one in Lagos and another in Abuja, estimated at N500 million in Lagos and N700 million in Abuja. He also receives six new cars to be replaced every three years; a furniture allowance of 300 percent of annual salary to be paid every two years, and a N30 million pension annually for life.

This is the reality for all the 21 ex govenors and deputy governors who are currently serving as senators. This same is also true of ex governors who are now serving as Ministers.

NOW I ASK:
How many years did these guys serve their states as governors and deputy governors? Is it more than 8years? Is that a reason to be entitled to these *bogus and mind bugling* pensions for life? Even if they are entitled to pension for life, must it be so outrageous? Do they have two heads? A man puts in 35years of his life in service, he ends up with a fraction of his earnings as pension. Some politician does 8years and for life he doesn't have to work again.

As if that is not enough: HOW on earth can any public servant with conscience collect salaries and allowances as a senator or minister, and still have the audacity to claim pensions equivalent to the salaries of a serving governor in Nigeria?

IT ISN'T ROCKET SCIENCE......

Once you are elected a senator or appointed a minister, *you must forfeit any pension accruing to you from government at any level until you vacate office.* This should also apply to senators collecting military pensions like former Senate President *David Mark.*
Yet these senators are in the Senate that is inviting the current finance minister to discuss the recession of Nigeria's economy. *A senator pockets approximately 30 million naira monthly as salary and allowances.* Our so called *"honourables"* are *NOT* interested in making laws that could restructure our country into economically autonomous federating States/Regions to save the country from sectional agitations that is threatening to destroy Nigeria. Why should they? They are feeding fat the way things are now. The sad and hopeless situation is that the rest of Nigerians are busy a

This just gave me a headache. I tire for this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose Distributes N10Million Grant To Artisans In Ekiti by Jaideyone(m): 12:14pm On Aug 04, 2016
chai ekiti people are in trouble
Re: Fayose Distributes N10Million Grant To Artisans In Ekiti by Mintek: 12:17pm On Aug 04, 2016
oluwasegun007:
Mr Man, are u aware Aisha has landed in the US

Omo ale. Akobata Fulani.
Re: Fayose Distributes N10Million Grant To Artisans In Ekiti by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 04, 2016
Cajo theory . Failed formula
Re: Fayose Distributes N10Million Grant To Artisans In Ekiti by opius: 12:35pm On Aug 04, 2016
Propropro:
Useless man undecided give them few thousands and cups of rice and steal billions in return. How Ekiti ended up with this clown is still a mystery to sane minds sad

Tell us what u have done for ur immediate family

1 Like

Re: Fayose Distributes N10Million Grant To Artisans In Ekiti by PrinceEvolution(m): 12:40pm On Aug 04, 2016
PLS SPREAD DIZ EVEN ON BBM ,TWITTER ,WHATSAPP LET THE WORLD SEE AND KNOW EVEN OUR INDOMIE GENERATION SO THEY STOP ATTACHING LIKE ZOMBIES!!!
MizTyna:

Re: Fayose Distributes N10Million Grant To Artisans In Ekiti by AMI3(m): 12:47pm On Aug 04, 2016
But why are Nigerians like this. A governor is trying to help his people in his own little way in this hard time but some people that as not even given a beggar a cup of water before are here typing nonsense.

How many of you know, to what extend that that little sum will help?

If other governors can be doing the same, do you know how many lives will be saved? Do you think if it is well with you, that is how it is well with every body?
Re: Fayose Distributes N10Million Grant To Artisans In Ekiti by Olusola147(m): 12:55pm On Aug 04, 2016
tuniski:

How has he stole billions from a state that has no billions? Please get sense not hatred!
Help me ask them o, some people are born with no sense sha

1 Like

Re: Fayose Distributes N10Million Grant To Artisans In Ekiti by gbishman: 1:00pm On Aug 04, 2016
The last guy on blue, does he look like an artisan? Fayose seek counsel from wise people rather than sycophants.
Re: Fayose Distributes N10Million Grant To Artisans In Ekiti by advocatebaba(m): 1:10pm On Aug 04, 2016
AntiIPOOP:
I pity this unchained mad dog of Ekiti.

Don't give your people fish, teach them how to fish. Mumu governor, olodo
WETIN UR OWN GOVERNOR DON TEACH U? MAYB NA INSULT I GUES
Re: Fayose Distributes N10Million Grant To Artisans In Ekiti by advocatebaba(m): 1:18pm On Aug 04, 2016
AMI3:
But why are Nigerians like this. A governor is trying to help his people in his own little way in this hard time but some people that as not even given a beggar a cup of water before are here typing nonsense.

How many of you know, to what extend that that little sum will help?

If other governors can be doing the same, do you know how many lives will be saved? Do you think if it is well with you, that is how it is well with every body?
I JUST BLAST 1 IDIOT JST NW ON HIS INSULTIVE COMMENT
Re: Fayose Distributes N10Million Grant To Artisans In Ekiti by AMI3(m): 1:45pm On Aug 04, 2016
advocatebaba:
I JUST BLAST 1 IDIOT JST NW ON HIS INSULTIVE COMMENT
I believe some of them do not know what is happening outside their parents home. They eat 3 square meals and they have almost everything at their disposal. And some even make silly comments out of ignorant.just to feel among. Too bad.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Distributes N10Million Grant To Artisans In Ekiti by basadenet: 2:01pm On Aug 04, 2016
Fayose remains the most popular, best and friendly Governor till date. Despite his travails, he was discourage but continue with the good work.
Re: Fayose Distributes N10Million Grant To Artisans In Ekiti by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 04, 2016
At least ds is better than the one that shared goat....
Re: Fayose Distributes N10Million Grant To Artisans In Ekiti by steric58(m): 2:44pm On Aug 04, 2016
Propropro:
Useless man undecided give them few thousands and cups of rice and steal billions in return. How Ekiti ended up with this clown is still a mystery to sane minds sad
come Kwara state if you wan see real mumu governor to me fayose dey work there are whole lot of under performing governor in the state they are only there as figure head silently consuming the public money
Re: Fayose Distributes N10Million Grant To Artisans In Ekiti by ore16: 2:48pm On Aug 04, 2016
MizTyna:

Good write up . Where are going in ds country? Any hope for common man? May God save us .
Re: Fayose Distributes N10Million Grant To Artisans In Ekiti by Deon28(m): 3:39pm On Aug 04, 2016
Blame the youths for that
Re: Fayose Distributes N10Million Grant To Artisans In Ekiti by Tonybanji(m): 4:17pm On Aug 04, 2016
Don't fake people Oga, pay workers salary.
Re: Fayose Distributes N10Million Grant To Artisans In Ekiti by PastorOla1: 6:37pm On Aug 04, 2016
The man dey mugulise ekiti people, O MA SE O
Re: Fayose Distributes N10Million Grant To Artisans In Ekiti by kjsun15: 1:40am On Aug 05, 2016
Mr. Governor you don try for your face be that when your son Rogba that has not worked in his life has 200million playing in his account, you are here sharing just 10million to 200 hard working men. God will judge. Prosperity is not far, please note.

Re: Fayose Distributes N10Million Grant To Artisans In Ekiti by chriswu(m): 1:47pm On Aug 07, 2016
sometimes this crazy man de try lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Petrol-Tanker Loaded With Arms Intercepted In Kebbi / Oni Denies Asking Court To Revoke Fayemi’s APC Candidacy / NBA Damaturu branch Yobe State Shuns The Boycott Demand. Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.