Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,144 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

To Build Another House Or Invest In Business - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / To Build Another House Or Invest In Business (15715 Views)

Would You Build A House With 40m Or Invest It In Bonds? / ASPEN INVESTMENT Company-has Anyone Heard Or Invest With This Company Before / Build Or Invest In A Money Making Machine Build Or Invest In An App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by xprezboy: 12:05pm On Aug 04, 2016
tolexy05:
Op, i have a feedmill plant in akure and i need investor or partner you will make a reasonable profit in the biz. If u re ineterested call.07030105957.
why not approach a commercial bank or a microfinance bank instead of looking for a cheap opportunity on NL? you can as well request 4 a loan from ur F &F

2 Likes

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by muller101(m): 12:06pm On Aug 04, 2016
tolexy05:
Op, i have a feedmill plant in akure and i need investor or partner you will make a reasonable profit in the biz. If u re ineterested call.07030105957.
animal feed?
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by EagleScribes: 12:08pm On Aug 04, 2016
Owlumeday:
lolz.. This is the main reason y nigeria is the way it is.. People dont want to take risk.. House is cool bt investment is better.. Invest in agriculture.. Or look around nd solve peoples problem then u get paid.. When u make more money u fit even buy estate.. And from the look of things i guess the OP already has a house.. So y build houses around like a bird when u cant sleep in more than a room??

He's got a house already, and building another can be a form of investment okay?

Investing in agriculture is quite vague. What aspect of Agriculture?

Like I said, with our unstable and crazy economy, you've got to think thrice before you take any investment risk

My opinion

2 Likes

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by ogawisdom(m): 12:09pm On Aug 04, 2016
bettercreature:
You can never be a billionair if you are building houses,house is an asset not investment,making 20k daily is better than earning 5million naira per annum
Even if you build 100 apartment block,a person who started business with just 100.000 naira will surely be richer than you at long run

Have u ever heard abt security of principal in investment dts wat u get more with building relative to other forms of investments. Building for renting is an everlasting investment dt always appreciates

1 Like

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Arabs999: 12:15pm On Aug 04, 2016
You can do both with style. How ? U can build a house and turn it into a business: example, turn it to Hotel

2 Likes

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 04, 2016
omotohdarajugbogbolo:
Hello house,

Been a while on here.

Alright now to the main issue on ground.

Haven saved up for a while now, I need advice if I should use the money in building another house or invest in a business.

Would really appreciate positive contribution.

Regards.

Go ask your wife, not total strangers public forum who doesn't give a rats bottom about you undecided

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by eph12(m): 12:23pm On Aug 04, 2016
Depends on how much we are talking about here. If you have enough to build block of flats in a commercial area good for you. You don't have to work anymore all your life.
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Jesona(m): 12:24pm On Aug 04, 2016
shocked
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by bettercreature(m): 12:25pm On Aug 04, 2016
ogawisdom:

Have u ever heard abt security of principal in investment dts wat u get more with building relative to other forms of investments. Building for renting is an everlasting investment dt always appreciates
The money you get from Rent will finish within 2 months or 6 months if you have several aparment then you must wait till the end of the year before you can get another one
Beside you can never get money to build an estate without investment,building houses is a very wrong choice
I'm talking from experience,they wont pay you and you are going to suffer,dont believe everything you read online about real estate,its not for one man it's only suitable for group of people or organization
https://www.nairaland.com/2559704/please-how-deal-tenants-not
I have few apartments so believe me if i tell you it's a wrong choice

1 Like

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 04, 2016
house
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by ogawisdom(m): 12:35pm On Aug 04, 2016
bettercreature:
The money you get from Rent will finish within 2 months or 6 months if you have several aparment then you must wait till the end of the year before you can get another one
Beside you can never get money to build an estate without investment,building houses is a very wrong choice
I'm talking from experience,they wont pay you and you are going to suffer,dont believe everything you read online about real estate,its not for one man it's only suitable for group or people or organization

D uncertainty associated with other investments relative to building for rentage is more. If I ve 25m and a plot of land in a relatively developed place where three bed room flat goes for abt 450k per yr, I think I will b better off with three storey building with 8 flats with dt I shld make a abt 3.6m per yrs or 2.7m per yr if 25m can only finish 6 flats. With dt my investment is secure even if olodo buhari remains President forever.

D first rule of investment is security for principal cool

1 Like

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by mhm(m): 12:35pm On Aug 04, 2016
I was convinced to dip into the real estate business a few years ago, and I can say it is not as rosy as people make it look like. the buildings have not intrinsically increased in value since they were built. tenancy is a real headache and even selling them is looking impossible. end of the day you have assets that are illiquid and are not giving very good returns.
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by bettercreature(m): 12:39pm On Aug 04, 2016
ogawisdom:

D uncertainty associated with other investments relative to building for rentage is more. If I ve 25m and a plot of land in a relatively developed place where three bed room flat goes for abt 450k per yr, I think I will b better off with three storey building with 8 flats with dt I shld make a abt 3.6m per yrs or 2.7m per yr if 25m can only finish 6 flats. With dt my investment if secure even if buhari remain President for ever.
Just imagine using the said amount to build small hotel,club or event center,you will be earning like 10 million naira per annum
Beside tenant wont pay you when you need the money and a man earning 200k per month will surely live a better life than you

3 Likes

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Owlumeday(m): 12:40pm On Aug 04, 2016
EagleScribes:

He's got a house already, and building another can be a form of investment okay?

Investing in agriculture is quite vague. What aspect of Agriculture?

Like I said, with our unstable and crazy economy, you've got to think thrice before you take any investment risk

My opinion
lolz.. Funny though.. Well we see things differently.. But saying agriculture is vague in this century shows u need a lot of information. Agriculture is diverse.. Animal or plants both are money spinners..
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Kobicove(m): 12:40pm On Aug 04, 2016
If you have the time to manage the business then I suggest you invest in a business but if not then build another house (At least you will see where your money is going).

Don't let anyone convince or confuse you into investing in his business without doing proper due diligence and background checks.

Also make sure that are agreements and payments are properly signed and documented even if you are investing in a business that is run by a close relative.

Do not invest in a business you do not understand or one that promises fantastic returns

Trust me, a lot of the people advising you to invest in a business here have never run a business in their entire lives

If you invest in a business you can't monitor on a daily business you will end up getting ripped off by you business partners...I have been there so I know

Only do so if your business partner has a good track record and experience in that business and is a person with high level of integrity

1 Like

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by fynex(m): 12:48pm On Aug 04, 2016
omotohdarajugbogbolo:
Hello house,

Been a while on here.

Haven saved up for a while now, I need advice if I should use the money in building another house or invest in a business.

build a house its also an investment... build with apartments that can be rented out...so that rent would be paid to u....

Regards.
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Negro1986(m): 12:49pm On Aug 04, 2016
Jesona:
Op, if you have upto 4.5M, send me a pm. I will introduce to you a business that gurantees you aleast 250k every week. No jokes o, very serious matter. One good thing is not a sesonal business, from January to December you are earning your money every week for sure. Imagine if you run it for a complete seven years, and also expand as you earn. There is no estate you can not afford to buy at the long run.

Edited: Mind you, i said atleast o, that means it could be more than that. I just did not want to mention the much you can make from it every week, so it does not sound too good to be true!

@Jesona,,, I pm u already,, I'm interested in that ur biz if u don't mind,,, holla me
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by greggng: 12:51pm On Aug 04, 2016
Everyone is talking about investment but non is actually telling u which business to invest it. Well I ve.a business idea it has to do with car importation including minor accidented cars with good returns after sales

1 Like

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by sunnyfats: 12:53pm On Aug 04, 2016
Stick with a proffesional advice and invest your money....house is not a business, its is like a retirement plan, and now that you already have one, all you need is investment not another house, and when you start making profit, then you can build another.this is a common mistake by we young pple, we tink having plenty houses is money, if you calculate how much ll build a house and all the rent in 5 years, it still cannot be compared to the money you lld have made in the same period. If you are building to resell, it is even far more better and that is called real estate. So pls don't get confused.
The question you should be asking here is, what type of business can you start.
My suggestion is this: while you are thinking of what to do, buy a land in a potential good area, fence it and put gate and padlock. Then leave it there while you keep thinking of what you can do with the rest.
May God help you.

1 Like

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by project4OO: 12:53pm On Aug 04, 2016
Last time I checked, rents have remained the same in the past 3-5 years.

The probability that you'd get the exact amount invested in real estate in 10 years is ZERO (0).

Here is a breakdown:

If you invest N10m in a building, it will take about 10-15 years to recoup N10m (ROI) from the same building. Real estate in most parts of the nation is not as easy as portrayed.

With "ordinary" Treasury Bills, you would get a 100% ROI in 8-10 years without headaches, renovation, maintenance, agents, and tenancy challenges.

Bottom line:

It is your choice to make. If money is the primary aim, take your mind OFF starting another building. If you aim to help lives, build a business, touch humanity, and get your returns. However, if you want a long-standing and long-term investment for yourself and children, consider a building. Note that the short-term benefit is VERY SLIM.

A N5 million investment in Land/Building may not fetch you N200,000 per annum. That's a big disaster in the short term, but it can fetch your children N50m in the long term if, by chance, they choose to sell their father's property. The N45m gap is attractive, but chances are you'd be too old to enjoy such returns.

6 Likes

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by fmlala: 12:57pm On Aug 04, 2016
Building a house and business are both investment but one (business) can give you quick and huge returns while returns on the other (a house) is on a long term and gradual. Mind you, the type of business determines the returns. Watch out for the people with various ideas but for their selfish interest.
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by omotohdarajugbogbolo: 1:05pm On Aug 04, 2016
Thank you all for your time and advices.

Please note I'm a female mods correct the HE of the title angry

Lalasticlala
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Jesona(m): 1:09pm On Aug 04, 2016
Negro1986:

@Jesona,,, I pm u already,, I'm interested in that ur biz if u don't mind,,, holla me

Hey bro. Ok, i have responded to your pm. Contact me via my email.
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Mom007(f): 1:10pm On Aug 04, 2016
TDstarr:
THROUGH THIS THREAD YOU KNOW THE RICH AND THE POOR.... THE POOR DIGS UP HIS MONEY SOMEWERE AND HOPE NOT TO BE BROKE... THE RICH TAKE RISK AND INVEST... IT'S EVEN LIKE IN THE BIBLE.... WHEN ONE SERVANT HID HIS TALENT.... IF YOU HAVE A GREAT BUSINESS IDEA WHY NOT DEVELOP IT.... Any HOUSE YOU WANT TO BUILD WILL BE OUTDATED IN TEN, FIFTEEN YEARS TIME... AN IDEA LIVES FOREVER...
It's easy to say to another "take risks" after all its not your money. If this guy had a viable business idea in which he wanted to invest he wouldn't be asking this question in which case any risk he takes now may lead him to loosing all his money in a year (statistics) especially in this crazy economy. Let him build a house, that itself is an investment. He could always let it out or sell it when he has a sure business to invest in.

1 Like

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Jesona(m): 1:11pm On Aug 04, 2016
Negro1986:

Hey bro! Ok, i have responded to your pm. Contact me via my email.
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Electroweb(m): 1:28pm On Aug 04, 2016
TDstarr:
THROUGH THIS THREAD YOU KNOW THE RICH AND THE POOR.... THE POOR DIGS UP HIS MONEY SOMEWERE AND HOPE NOT TO BE BROKE... THE RICH TAKE RISK AND INVEST... IT'S EVEN LIKE IN THE BIBLE.... WHEN ONE SERVANT HID HIS TALENT.... IF YOU HAVE A GREAT BUSINESS IDEA WHY NOT DEVELOP IT.... Any HOUSE YOU WANT TO BUILD WILL BE OUTDATED IN TEN, FIFTEEN YEARS TIME... AN IDEA LIVES FOREVER...

So which business idea have you invested in?
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by TDstarr: 1:29pm On Aug 04, 2016
Mom007:

It's easy to say to another "take risks" after all its not your money. If this guy had a viable business idea in which he wanted to invest he wouldn't be asking this question in which case any risk he takes now may lead him to loosing all his money in a year (statistics) especially in this crazy economy. Let him build a house, that itself is an investment. He could always let it out or sell it when he has a sure business to invest in.
lol you a female... You know nothing about money making... For every one naira you make there is always risk involved.... Even as a student... You can fail or die on the road via accident.... Life is a risk my dear.. The way he sounds... Seems he is sure about the business he is just scared and he has another house.... Why not go for your dream..... He is still a young man.
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by AbuMaryam1(m): 1:30pm On Aug 04, 2016
In my village we can sell house and buy shop in a market even without working capital, the idea is when you are into business you can build an empire. Sell the house put the money into market. Becareful, you have to learn marketing before you put money, if you don't know remain a landlord.

1 Like

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by TDstarr: 1:30pm On Aug 04, 2016
Electroweb:

So which business idea have you invested in?
poverty mentality.... attack the guy that states his own view clearly different from yours... Mugu... You don't even know me.... To show how your mentality is so low.... You already assuming... Smh
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Electroweb(m): 1:32pm On Aug 04, 2016
omotohdarajugbogbolo:
Hello house,

Been a while on here.

Regards.

I will advise you to divide the money. Use some to build the house and some for the business. Concerning business; there are so many people out there looking to feed from others hard earned money without rendering the service.
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Electroweb(m): 1:35pm On Aug 04, 2016
TDstarr:
poverty mentality.... attack the guy that states his own view clearly different from yours... Mugu... You don't even know me.... To show how your mentality is so low.... You already assuming... Smh

Lol! I asked a simple question and you are ranting. How does my question show what is in my mind? Smh
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by bastien: 1:47pm On Aug 04, 2016
omotohdarajugbogbolo:
Hello house,

Been a while on here.

Regards.
build a good hotel like 30 rooms plus, with outside bar, club, inner bar, gym, restaurant bar, etc.. .. Within 2yrs u will get ur capital and little net profit!

Abeg, no forget to employ me as ur accountant, cause I dey do IT as assistant accountant for hotel, I know how much them dey see a day, let alone from weekends.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mysafepay.ng Is A Scam - Don't Pay Any N60,000 [fake Autoblogging Business] / Hey guys / Shares (stocks) Or Mutual Funds?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.