Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,567 members, 7,958,754 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:39 PM

Students & Their Laptops In American University Classroom - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students & Their Laptops In American University Classroom (55861 Views)

NAN'S Gives AE-FUNAI 7 Days To Refund Students Their 50k For Security Levy Or... / How Students Write Exams At The American University Of Nigeria (Photos) / UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Students & Their Laptops In American University Classroom by jidsoon(m): 11:16am On Aug 04, 2016
MasterRahl:
Macbooks are manufactured in the US hence the citizens acquire it at cheap prices. Anyway, methinks there's no need for this comparison. Most white folks live fake lives. They live on credit that's why they rely heavily on the credit card system which they must pay back. We in naija use debit cards mostly hence your account must be well funded before you can make a purchase. My point is I believe in Nigeria. I'm not carried away by whatever happens in the West. Nigeria shall be great.
thank my brother

1 Like

Re: Students & Their Laptops In American University Classroom by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 04, 2016
All these folks saying Nigeria shall be great , I laugh... How's she gonn' be great when there's deep hatred hovering around?, When there are no real leaders around?, When some folks believe that no matter what, they must rule?, I'm sure that folks back in the 1960's believed that Nigeria will be great, but now it seems that they were actually better than this present Nigeria, Are we moving forward or going backwards ?, Well, y'all can keep hoping... till the day you wave this world bye.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students & Their Laptops In American University Classroom by abnot: 11:20am On Aug 04, 2016
Makes me miss my uni days in the lecture theater with sophisticated sound and visual projection system abroad. Truth me told I was paying a tuition equivalent to 7 million naira per annum and a mac book was something we could buy easily with our student ID card following which apple awarded discounts and payment plans that was very favorable. Will be wrong of us to compare/expect this in our public universities because the money is simply not there. During my time the citizens got a subsidy from the government which made them pay about the equivalent of 2million naira while their government paid the balance of about 5 million naira. As a result there were limited spots for citizens due to the limited resources from the government.
On the other hand the average cost of tuition to a student in a Nigerian public university is 150k per annum (i guess). So we should not expect to have similar infrastructure or standard of education.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Students & Their Laptops In American University Classroom by Holuwaferanmi(m): 11:21am On Aug 04, 2016
NAIJA USE LAP TOP IN SCHOOL MAKE I BEND

230 YEARS TO COME DREAM FOR NIGERIA THANK GOD AM US BORN'

ANY TIME GOBE SHELE I WILL JUST UPGRADE NI
Re: Students & Their Laptops In American University Classroom by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 04, 2016
jidsoon:
thank my brother
You're welcome sir.
Re: Students & Their Laptops In American University Classroom by tommy9: 11:26am On Aug 04, 2016
See dat niqqa on 3quarter.... Come try dat one for 9ja

1 Like

Re: Students & Their Laptops In American University Classroom by autodoctor: 11:26am On Aug 04, 2016
America abi? The home of Apple computers. Nigeria, the home of black board and slate since 2000 bc.
Re: Students & Their Laptops In American University Classroom by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 04, 2016
koolaid87:

I love your resilient spirit. Way to go!

Bro, its what we must do as patriotic citizens. If Aliko Dangote, Dr Innocent Chukwuma and others had only focused on the negatives of this country, they would not have reached the stage they are today.

1 Like

Re: Students & Their Laptops In American University Classroom by Spells(m): 11:31am On Aug 04, 2016
In my next life, I'll run away from Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students & Their Laptops In American University Classroom by Spells(m): 11:32am On Aug 04, 2016
This is me running away from Nigeria in my next life

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students & Their Laptops In American University Classroom by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 04, 2016
GloryIsaac:
All these folks saying Nigeria shall be great , I laugh... How's she gonn' be great when there's deep hatred hovering around?, When there are no real leaders around?, When some folks believe that no matter what, they must rule?, I'm sure that folks back in the 1960's believed that Nigeria will be great, but now it seems that they were actually better than this present Nigeria, Are we moving forward or going backwards ?, Well, y'all can keep hoping... till the day you wave this world bye.
The funny aspect is that you're also a Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Students & Their Laptops In American University Classroom by chumakk: 11:45am On Aug 04, 2016
MasterRahl:
Macbooks are manufactured in the US hence the citizens acquire it at cheap prices. Anyway, methinks there's no need for this comparison. Most white folks live fake lives. They live on credit that's why they rely heavily on the credit card system which they must pay back. We in naija use debit cards mostly hence your account must be well funded before you can make a purchase. My point is I believe in Nigeria. I'm not carried away by whatever happens in the West. Nigeria shall be great.
Stop decieving yourself. You are sounding like loan is bad. They have a better system and not fake lives. Nigeria is already great for few people--politicans and big businessman and so it be until there's reorganization

3 Likes

Re: Students & Their Laptops In American University Classroom by proffemi: 11:50am On Aug 04, 2016
Blackberrybabes:
This is what a typical classroom should like. This is an European University and you can see that almost everyone in thn Apple Laptop for that matter. But here we rejoice when the Government presents us with one laptop or when another country presents our anti-graft agency with 6 laptops..

We are getting there one day.
http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2016/08/see-european-university-classroom-with.html

Hell no.

This is not what a *typical* classroom should be. Don't fall for the same line of thinking that led to the ill-advised Opon Imo of gov. Aregbesola. "High-tech" does not necessarily equal effective achievement of intended learning outcomes. Some classes will benefit from the use of laptops, but MOST will not, especially classes with a lot of mathematical formalism or abstraction. For those, laptops/slides are effective for passing across complex visualizations or demos, and little else. You'll be surprised how many top universities still hold the venerable chalkboard in hallowed esteem smiley

1 Like

Re: Students & Their Laptops In American University Classroom by Larryfest(m): 11:55am On Aug 04, 2016
Its really funny reading all this Nigeria will great bs on this thread when all our leaders children don't even attend our own schools,how will the country get there or be great exactly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students & Their Laptops In American University Classroom by Elhabeeb1(m): 12:00pm On Aug 04, 2016
Some people can be stupid, comparing us with the US! They are one of the most advanced and richest country in the world. Smh

1 Like

Re: Students & Their Laptops In American University Classroom by goldtooth: 12:01pm On Aug 04, 2016
Wow Americans really love Apple. Its a good thing they are supporting their own. I don't fancy apple products anyway, Its usually not compactible with other device manufacturers

1 Like

Re: Students & Their Laptops In American University Classroom by evansjeff(m): 12:02pm On Aug 04, 2016
Nice one, but why didn't anyone observe that this hall is too crowded for a lecture room? We see all they do to be perfect... mmmttthhhheeeuuuwwww
Re: Students & Their Laptops In American University Classroom by Alore: 12:02pm On Aug 04, 2016
SylarsMcQuins:
I don't see Nigeria being like this in my life time

Haba! angry shocked shocked Why are you cursing yourself na? You wan die quick? Abeg change your talk. Nigeria can be like this in the next 10 years or even less smiley
Re: Students & Their Laptops In American University Classroom by Chukazu: 12:09pm On Aug 04, 2016
Ogbeche77:
Lmoa... With a comment like this, it's obvious you have never step foot in an airport.. Mac computer isn't only cheap in America, you can even get it free if you have a greencard.. Lol
Keep living in delusion & believing in Nigeria..

don't mind the zombie

1 Like

Re: Students & Their Laptops In American University Classroom by festop2002: 12:12pm On Aug 04, 2016
naijainfogalery:
i remembered the first time i toook my laptop to class to type what the lecturers teaching, the niggar sent me out of his class that i was showing off, we have a long way to go

Hello House.
Please what advice can you render. My Toshiba laptop was stolen overnight. Please how can I lock it or render it useless to the thieves? I dont kno if there are ways to recover it. Forensic test was done at the crime scene. Result stated that the theft was done using gloves.
Re: Students & Their Laptops In American University Classroom by jimjin123: 12:23pm On Aug 04, 2016
Apple is the most popular brand in laptop and computer and it's all devices are mots costly devices. But being as a costly brand it has maintain quality standard in the features of their devices. But sometimes these devices stop working or damage due to another reason and at that time you have to find a best apple repair technician who will help your apple laptop or computer to start working again normally and even better as before. And if you found yourself in the same situation then contact[url="http://www.24techsupport.in/apple-support-services.html"] Apple Laptop Repair in Gurgaon[/url] for repairing purpose.
Re: Students & Their Laptops In American University Classroom by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 04, 2016
This kind comparison too much for 9nija na sho....
Re: Students & Their Laptops In American University Classroom by M17CXi: 12:30pm On Aug 04, 2016
Ogbeche77:
Lmoa... With a comment like this, it's obvious you have never step foot in an airport.. Mac computer isn't only cheap in America, you can even get it free if you have a greencard.. Lol

Thank you so much for ur nice comment to that weirdo

Unexposed nig*ga
That what he is

1 Like

Re: Students & Their Laptops In American University Classroom by adexsimply(m): 12:36pm On Aug 04, 2016
MasterRahl:
LOL @ citizens acquire Macbooks at cheap prices. Are you for real? grin

1 Like

Re: Students & Their Laptops In American University Classroom by Ugosample(m): 12:37pm On Aug 04, 2016
MasterRahl:

Lol @White people living fake lives.

That is the highest level of delusion. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Students & Their Laptops In American University Classroom by cindyrocks(f): 12:42pm On Aug 04, 2016
How many of them are in one class?

Blackberrybabes:
This is what a typical classroom should like. This is an European University and you can see that almost everyone in thn Apple Laptop for that matter.

But here we rejoice when the Government presents us with one laptop or when another country presents our anti-graft agency with 6 laptops..

http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2016/08/see-european-university-classroom-with.html
Re: Students & Their Laptops In American University Classroom by Exxit(m): 12:45pm On Aug 04, 2016
MasterRahl:
a macbook is more than $1000 here. All our homework, research, registration and everything is done online. That's why. Nigeria is doing better than most countries if you don't know.

1 Like

Re: Students & Their Laptops In American University Classroom by Exxit(m): 12:47pm On Aug 04, 2016
Ogbeche77:
you can't get it free. You make a payment plan, and decide how much you're gonna pay each month till you complete it. Wtf is wrong w you?
Re: Students & Their Laptops In American University Classroom by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 04, 2016
Ogbeche77:
"MacBooks are made in the USA" grin grin
Re: Students & Their Laptops In American University Classroom by Annalise(f): 1:10pm On Aug 04, 2016
Blackberrybabes:
This is what a typical classroom should like. This is an European University and you can see that almost everyone in thn Apple Laptop for that matter.

But here we rejoice when the Government presents us with one laptop or when another country presents our anti-graft agency with 6 laptops..

This comparison lacks depth. Firstly, the laptop was not bought for them by their government. Secondly, these are different socioeconomic environments. Different minimum wage, different per capita incomes. Thirdly, there's something called student discount through the NUS identity card.
Re: Students & Their Laptops In American University Classroom by MakaveliTheDon(m): 1:13pm On Aug 04, 2016
[quote author=MasterRahl post=48171313]Macbooks are manufactured in the US hence the citizens acquire it at cheap prices. Anyway, methinks there's no need for this comparison. Most white folks live fake lives. They live on credit that's why they rely heavily on the credit card system which they must pay back. We in naija use debit cards mostly hence your account must be well funded before you can make a purchase. My point is I believe in Nigeria. I'm not carried away by whatever happens in the West. Nigeria shall be great.[/quote you are the sharpest nairalander you don get am dey live on debt credit card

1 Like

Re: Students & Their Laptops In American University Classroom by Annalise(f): 1:17pm On Aug 04, 2016
Ogbeche77:

Uncle, e nor cheap. A brand new present generation mac book starts from £800 in the UK. That's about 400k in naira. With the UK minimum wage, you need to work for at least 100 hours to afford a mac book.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Katsina Graduate Sets All His Certificates On Fire After Failing To Get A Job / See Punishment Hehehe (picx) / Federal University Lokoja Staff Mock Outgoing VC With Obituary Posters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.