Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,479 members, 7,819,744 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Nigerian Civil War: I Will Reveal My Side Of The Story In 2017 – Gowon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Civil War: I Will Reveal My Side Of The Story In 2017 – Gowon (333 Views)

I Will Reveal Why We Lost In 2015 When Buhari And Others Leave Office - Jonathan / Nigerian Civil War: I Will Reveal My Side Of The Story In 2017 – Gowon / Mustapha’s Memoirs: Will Reveal How Abacha, Abiola Died, Says Al-mustapha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Civil War: I Will Reveal My Side Of The Story In 2017 – Gowon by emamos: 8:46am On Aug 04, 2016
Sen. Shehu Sani, the Vice Chairman, Senate Committee on Foreign Affairs, has urged former Head of State, Gen. Yakubu Gowon (rtd) to author a book on the Nigerian Civil War.
Sani, who led a delegation of the Association of Nigerian Authors (ANA) on a visit to the former head of state in Abuja on Wednesday, said the book would tell Gowon’s side of the story.
According to the lawmaker, it has become expedient for the 82 year old former head of state to tell Nigerians what actually transpired in view of the numerous versions written by many authors.
He said the history of Nigeria would not be complete if Nigerians did not get his side of the story.
He added that it was important for the former head of state to author such a book having played a major role in uniting the country in the after the war.
“Your silence to us is full of content. Perhaps, if you go without writing your own side of the story you will be indebted to the future generation of Nigeria.
“ I wonder what goes through your mind when you go read what people write about the civil war.
lalasticlala
http://dailypost.ng/2016/08/04/nigerian-civil-war-will-reveal-side-story-2017-gowon/
Re: Nigerian Civil War: I Will Reveal My Side Of The Story In 2017 – Gowon by sCun: 9:09am On Aug 04, 2016
How is he sure he will be alive by then?

(1) (Reply)

Fayose's Ally, Abiodun Agbele Granted Bail / Buhari’s Anti-corruption War Not A ‘witch-hunt’ – Ben Bruce / "You Did Nothing"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.