Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,389 members, 7,958,109 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:59 AM

Pics: 'Aunty Franca Asemota' who smuggled Nigerian girls into Europe extradited - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pics: 'Aunty Franca Asemota' who smuggled Nigerian girls into Europe extradited (1278 Views)

Shocking Ways Drugs Have Been Smuggled Across The World's Borders(Photos) / Two Nigerian Ladies Arrested For Forcing Girls Into Prostitution In Ghana / Franca Asemota Extradited To UK For Girls Trafficking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pics: 'Aunty Franca Asemota' who smuggled Nigerian girls into Europe extradited by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 04, 2016
A female people smuggler who forced dozens of teenage orphans into prostitution and slavery using the threat of witchcraft is facing jail.

Franca Asemota, known to her victims as 'Auntie Franca', used Heathrow as a hub to traffic at least 40 girls and young women into Europe from remote Nigerian villages.

The 38-year-old promised them jobs, education and a better life, then used 'witchcraft', threats and violence to force them in to the European sex trade.

Her gang even managed to snatch back two girls who had been rescued and put in in foster care in Worthing, West Sussex.

Today, Asemota, originally from Benin City, Nigeria, was found guilty of eight counts of conspiracy to traffic people into sexual exploitation by a jury at Isleworth Crown Court.

Asemota will be sentenced later this month.

The trafficking first came to light when Border Agency officials stopped two groups, in September and November 2011, travelling on false passports.

Although she was not arrested at the time, Asemota's ticket had been booked at the same time, at the same travel agent in Lagos, and she was sat next to the group on the plane.

Investigators then linked Asemota to at least six other 'successful trafficking trips' and the kidnapping of two girls who had been placed in foster care on the south coast.

Paul Cabin, prosecuting, previously told the court how three victims were first stopped at Heathrow in September, 2011, and a further two were also to give detailed accounts of the smuggling.

They all traveled on fake passports that claimed they were over the age of 18.

Mr Cabin said:

'They all came from remote Nigerian villages and had all been told that they were going to be educated, trained and employed in France.
'They all had difficult histories - for example, some were orphans. One was a runaway from an attempted forced marriage.
'They and their families and guardians are told that educational and work opportunities exist in Europe for them.
'Initially, therefore, the girls go with the gang voluntarily.
'Their compliance from that point on is secured by a mixture of threats, to themselves and their families back in their villages, the use of 'Ju-Ju' rituals and sexual violence, including in one case rape.'

He added:

'All but one reported at the time that they had been trafficked by a female who accompanied them on the aircraft from Lagos, known variously as Auntie Franca or Violet.'

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/08/auntie-franca-asemota-extradited-uk-photos.html

Re: Pics: 'Aunty Franca Asemota' who smuggled Nigerian girls into Europe extradited by sCun: 10:09am On Aug 04, 2016
Very fine girl, I will do her anytime.
Re: Pics: 'Aunty Franca Asemota' who smuggled Nigerian girls into Europe extradited by sCun: 10:10am On Aug 04, 2016
As for name checkers let me point out that Benin people are also descendants of Oduduwa (that criminal who was kicked out from heaven)

2 Likes

Re: Pics: 'Aunty Franca Asemota' who smuggled Nigerian girls into Europe extradited by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 04, 2016
Re: Pics: 'Aunty Franca Asemota' who smuggled Nigerian girls into Europe extradited by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:15am On Aug 04, 2016
sCun:
Very fine girl, I will do her anytime.

Do what? grin
Re: Pics: 'Aunty Franca Asemota' who smuggled Nigerian girls into Europe extradited by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 04, 2016
sCun:
Very finr girl, I will do her anytime.

grin angry

The first ish that popped into your head was séx. I wonder how the world would be if every man thinks likes you.

Re: Pics: 'Aunty Franca Asemota' who smuggled Nigerian girls into Europe extradited by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 04, 2016
Last i check.na USA and other European countries show our Benin brothers Road to their countries.Dem go carry boat pad inside ocean enter African countries illegally to kidnap blacks and smuggled into their own countries to work in their plantations.Na from there Benin guyz take sabi Road.
Re: Pics: 'Aunty Franca Asemota' who smuggled Nigerian girls into Europe extradited by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 04, 2016
Good for her
Re: Pics: 'Aunty Franca Asemota' who smuggled Nigerian girls into Europe extradited by omas1(m): 10:22am On Aug 04, 2016
Very fine Lady, the thing is greed she knows she is old and can't continue with business , hence recruiting young girls, as per the girls they knew what they were doing. Edo girls and greed .
Re: Pics: 'Aunty Franca Asemota' who smuggled Nigerian girls into Europe extradited by tomakint: 10:24am On Aug 04, 2016
sCun:
Very finr girl, I will do her anytime.
Too bad undecided you can do better than this.
Re: Pics: 'Aunty Franca Asemota' who smuggled Nigerian girls into Europe extradited by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 04, 2016
more pics

Re: Pics: 'Aunty Franca Asemota' who smuggled Nigerian girls into Europe extradited by Nixiepie(f): 10:42am On Aug 04, 2016
toh!end of the road for her
Re: Pics: 'Aunty Franca Asemota' who smuggled Nigerian girls into Europe extradited by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 04, 2016
Love Machine:
Last i check.na USA and other European countries show our Benin brothers Road to their countries.Dem go carry boat pad inside ocean enter African countries illegally to kidnap blacks and smuggled into their own countries to work in their plantations.Na from there Benin guyz take sabi Road.
And now we have made traveling abroad our first choice career.. Every other career comes second
Re: Pics: 'Aunty Franca Asemota' who smuggled Nigerian girls into Europe extradited by ClassCaptain(m): 11:53am On Aug 04, 2016
The name cheesy

Re: Pics: 'Aunty Franca Asemota' who smuggled Nigerian girls into Europe extradited by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 04, 2016
sCun:
As for name checkers let me point out that Benin people are also descendants of Oduduwa (that criminal who was kicked out from heaven)

Which Oduduwa was kicked out of heaven

Stop saying nonsense
Re: Pics: 'Aunty Franca Asemota' who smuggled Nigerian girls into Europe extradited by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 04, 2016
But , wetin concern EFCC with human trafficking
Re: Pics: 'Aunty Franca Asemota' who smuggled Nigerian girls into Europe extradited by CSTR12: 12:20pm On Aug 04, 2016
sCun:
That is an insult to the benin kingdom grin. They outdate the yorubas.
Oduduwa himself was an outcast from the benin empire.
Re: Pics: 'Aunty Franca Asemota' who smuggled Nigerian girls into Europe extradited by mizcalvina(f): 12:23pm On Aug 04, 2016
This lady that taught me makeup. Is into trafficking nawa shocked shocked :land she has a lil daughter and a husband and she also got a makeup studio in mission road. undecided undecided
Re: Pics: 'Aunty Franca Asemota' who smuggled Nigerian girls into Europe extradited by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 04, 2016
sCun:

(1) (Reply)

Last Meal Of Inmates On Death Row - Photo / Lady Runs Out Mad After Visiting Her Lover's Hotel Room..see What Happened / Man Matchets Wife And Mother In-law As Villagers Look

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.