Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,079 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

Studying Mass Communication Without Literature? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Studying Mass Communication Without Literature? (19380 Views)

List Of Art Courses You Can Study Without Literature In English / Missing UNILORIN Mass Communication Student Found (photo) / UNILORIN Mass Communication Student Is Missing (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Studying Mass Communication Without Literature? by BarTr3: 10:21am On Aug 04, 2016
I'm an OND cert. holder (2015), I studied Accounting. I'm supposed to resume HND this year but I had a rethink.

Currently doing my IT in a media firm which has pretty much exposed me to a lot of media related activities which I'm enjoying.

So right now, I can handle cameras for event coverage and shoots, edit videos, MC events or red carpets.

I wish to make this professional by simply studying mass communication. But, I wasn't enrolled for literature in English by that *beeep* principal.

Please, is there any chance of me studying Mass Comm. part-time in UNIBEN (preferred school) without literature?
Re: Studying Mass Communication Without Literature? by femmykenny: 12:03pm On Aug 04, 2016
To study mass-communication you will need a credit pass literature and Your current place of work should Not change your career part.
Accounting/accountancy is a very good course and much more needed in this current Nigeria economy.
Lastly, you can work in a media house without having a degree or diploma in mass-communication.
However if u still wish to pursue mass-communication, you should enrol for GCE immediately.
Re: Studying Mass Communication Without Literature? by NL1960: 2:22pm On Aug 04, 2016
BarTr3:
I'm an OND cert. holder (2015), I studied Accounting. I'm supposed to resume HND this year but I had a rethink.

Currently doing my IT in a media firm which has pretty much exposed me to a lot of media related activities which I'm enjoying.

So right now, I can handle cameras for event coverage and shoots, edit videos, MC events or red carpets.

I wish to make this professional by simply studying mass communication. But, I wasn't enrolled for literature in English by that *beeep* principal.

Please, is there any chance of me studying Mass Comm. part-time in UNIBEN (preferred school) without literature?

@OP, as femmkenny has said, you can work in a media without having a degree or diploma in mass communication. You can go ahead and complete your HND in accounting and then continue in the media house with what you are currently doing. I had cause to check the profiles of some broadcasters and i discovered that some of them did not even read any of the social sciences or arts courses. There was one i saw that read Computer Science and another that read Mathematics.
Re: Studying Mass Communication Without Literature? by wisdomkid: 12:40am On Dec 15, 2022
BarTr3:

You didn't update this thread again and tell us whether you went for this Mass communication course or continued with your Accounting course as advised by members of this great forum.

(1) (Reply)

Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff / 7 Nigerian Varsities Emerge For World Bank Sponsored Projects / Things Jamb Candidates Did Not Know About Jamb Exam, I Pity Some That Cheated -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.