Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) - Literature (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) (196442 Views)

Journal Of A Bank Worker By Cj / The Diary Of A Jobless Worker / The Ghost-worker Aristol, A Short Prose By- Promise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by jvof231(m): 5:59pm On Aug 14, 2016
I'm here madam grin
sulaimanabolanl:
Jvof231....where are u
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by blessedvisky(m): 6:10pm On Aug 14, 2016
bibijay123:

TBC

Which of the little girls belongs to Ebere?"

The pink haired one. She showed when lola showed. Figures. Whats her name sef..?. Tess àbí?

2 Likes

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 6:47pm On Aug 14, 2016
Chapter 9

Ebere

" Ify!" i placed my palm on her hot sweat drenched head.

She had fever, non_productive cough and her breath was short. I dialed the number doctor Debola had given me in case of an emergency like this. I gave them our address and went back into her room.

" Ify hold on.....they are on their way".

The ambulance arrived some minutes later. I called Ify' s father and told him of the unfortunate development. I got into the ambulance and held her hand.

The nurses were with Ify for a long time, i sat at the reception praying for a miracle. God please don't take her away from me. Lord please let me have her with me for a little more time.

Doctor Debola came in and sat beside me.

" She has PCP (Pneumocystis pneumonia) because her T_cells are below 200 now but she will pull through this. How are you?"

" Am fine"

He gave me a knowing smile. " No. How are you?"

" Am terrified" i sobbed out. " I don't want to lose her, she is the only family i have now ".

" She will be fine and you need to be strong for her." He gave me his hankie.

" Thank you. Can i ask you something sir?"

He gave me a smile." Sure"

" Why......why did you start the group?"

" When i found out about my HIV status, i told my wives, i thought they would understand and be there for me. They were both educated and we were all living happily just the day before......."

His voice thickened with emotion.

" Am sorry for asking"

" Its okay. They both got terrified and after verifying that they didn't have the virus, they took their kids and left. I came back home one evening to an empty lonely house, there was no note, none was needed anyway. I have four adorable kids. I know they are safe and happy with their moms and am content with that thought. "

I nodded my head vigorously.

" I started the group so i could connect with those going through what i was also going through. Am glad i did, they have become my family now." He stood up." duty calls, see you later" he strolled back the way he came.

Ify' s dad walked into the reception like the Devil was on in his heels. I stood up.

" Mr Ambrose, am Ify' s friend."

" Ebere? how is she?"

" She will be fine"

" Can i see her now? "

" The nurses are still with her but i was assured she will be fine".

He sat down on the reception seat, his head bowed in pain. He truly loved his daughter.

TBC

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 6:48pm On Aug 14, 2016
blessedvisky:

The pink haired one. She showed when lola showed. Figures. Whats her name sef..?. Tess àbí?

Thanks.
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 6:50pm On Aug 14, 2016
blessedvisky:

Wow. Thanks for the dedication. I should have done this earlier but data finish embarassed. Hope it's still acceptable

Still acceptable
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 6:52pm On Aug 14, 2016
prettycee:
I've been following silently. But this last update got me crying. Good job babe. More ink to ur pen.

Thank you kiss
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 6:53pm On Aug 14, 2016
dupsai:
Thanks Bibi for the update. I just hope that Ify will be loved and accepted at this crucial stage of her life. Please let her have a better ending.

U r welcome babe kiss
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by toboski1(m): 7:03pm On Aug 14, 2016
hmmm Bibi please don't allow ify die oooo
am still in a mourning state for my dearly beloved Arsenal only for me to see tis update *sobbing*

2 Likes

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 7:06pm On Aug 14, 2016
toboski1:
hmmm Bibi please don't allow ify die oooo
am still in a mourning state for my dearly beloved Arsenal only for me to see tis update *sobbing*

Why is it always Arsenal nau cry

2 Likes

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by DonMekino(m): 7:13pm On Aug 14, 2016
bibi....been reading codedly n quietly but I hv to break my own silence
wat an absorbing piece...a very nice work...I understand its a fiction and as such certain things are left in our imagination and assumed perfect

but let me ask....d two friends...Ebere n Ify...have they stopped their food business at dis juncture... and wat is sustaining dem knowing they hv house rent and cars to maintain etc

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by yousooph(m): 8:02pm On Aug 14, 2016
sorry for not commenting for a while,busy tinx. continue the great work. #Muah #Kizzez *in falz voice

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 8:14pm On Aug 14, 2016
DonMekino:
bibi....been reading codedly n quietly but I hv to break my own silence
wat an absorbing piece...a very nice work...I understand its a fiction and as such certain things are left in our imagination and assumed perfect

but let me ask....d two friends...Ebere n Ify...have they stopped their food business at dis juncture... and wat is sustaining dem knowing they hv house rent and cars to maintain etc

I noticed u bro grin.

They had ppl running d bizness, wanted to include it BT felt it wasn't necessary. Sorry abt that.

2 Likes

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 9:18pm On Aug 14, 2016
Dedicated to my Tosin kiss and Toboski1

* Continues*

" You can come and see her now"

A young nurse said. We followed her into the hospital room. She told us not to disturb her patient and went out of the room. Ify was so pale but her eyes were shinning brightly. I leaned in and kissed her softly on her mouth. I looked back just in time to see her dad look away, a certain confused look on his face. He wouldn't understand the love i had for his daughter, she was like my child. I would starve myself for her, i would go to the end of the world for her if it would make her alright.

I stepped out to give her some private time with her dad. I suddenly remembered someone else, an important person in Ify' s life. i dialed the number like my life depended on it.

" Hello"

" Hello. What's up" He said.

" Am sorry to call you this late but i just thought you might want to know Ify is in the hospital"

I heard a femininely intimate laughter in the background, he whispered something to her and my ears caught the word ' baby', my heart sank.

" Thank you. I will come see her tomorrow " Chiboy said.

" It will mean a lot to her Chiboy"

" Okay".

I paced the hospital corridor thinking about how unjust life was. My life was a mess begging to be sorted out, Ify was laying on an hospital bed on a day that was supposed to be her wedding day. That lovely white gown which had been purchased in Italy was in her wardrobe never to be worn. A foreign number showed on the screen of my phone.

" Hello "

" Hi Cherie! "

My heart leapt up with joy. " Kofi! "

He gave a hearty laugh. " Today was my daughter' s wedding! thank you! thank you for giving me this wonderful gift!"

" Am glad it worked Kofi. Congratulations! "

I had taken an HIV test and filled in Kofi' s name at the top left of the result sheet. I had also done a fever vaccination test and used his name. Doctor Debola did both of the tests. Kofi went across the border ( border between Benin Republic and Togo) without any hassle.

" Thank you! how is Ify? sorry am calling this late"

" She's in the hospital, PCP"

He groaned. " Awww, how's she holding up? "

" She's OK now".

" There's an herbalist in Lome. He has cure for AIDS, my daughter told me about him. Can you come?"

" Yes, yes, yes. When should i come? have you tried it out?"

" Have stopped fighting it a long time ago but Ify is still so young so come but i must warn you it would be very dangerous to cross the border with the drugs"

" I will come. I will come next tomorrow, will give you a call tomorrow. Thank you Kofi"

" Ah! i should thank you. Goodnight and be strong."

" Good night "

I sank to my knees in sheer happiness.

TBC

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Eniqurl(f): 9:38pm On Aug 14, 2016
Thnks fr dz wonderful update.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Boldstar(m): 9:47pm On Aug 14, 2016
I love this Bibi. I've been following this thread in ghost mode since it was in page 3. I like the angle through which you perceive prostitution and people living with HIV/AIDS in this story. Most people stereotype these individuals while they know next to nothing about their stories. I have a cousin, a good guy, living with HIV. He was never promiscuous. I know because we live together. His HIV status cost him his job and fiancee. I know his struggles. Its real. For those reading this story, know that if you have it good, its not because you're better. I hope Bibi's story will make an impact, no matter how little, on how people view prostitutes and those living with HIV/AIDS.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 14, 2016
mehn... bibija123... all these Based on a true life story you say?... n i thought my life was fcked up....

kill off MadamB already! grin i dont understand the kids n the colored hair thing tho..

5 Likes

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 14, 2016
An pal of mine fell for tis reserved babe in the area.... found out she had HIV... warned him... he didnt back off.... n i cut ties with him.... i beat my self for tat everyday.... guess i wasnt as smart as i am now...

hey sweetieconstie kiss

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by SweetieConstie(f): 10:06pm On Aug 14, 2016
slyIsaac:

hey sweetieconstie kiss

Hello... Good evening grin
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by toboski1(m): 10:07pm On Aug 14, 2016
[quote author=bibijay123 post=48484682] Dedicated to my Tosin kiss

* Continues*

Finally I got a sigh of relieve Bibi thanks for the dedication and happy birthday to you in advance *muaaaaaah*

2 Likes

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 10:12pm On Aug 14, 2016
[quote author=toboski1 post=48485821][/quote]

Are u Tosin too? shocked lol that was my own Tosin BT urs too is up now grin
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 10:14pm On Aug 14, 2016
Boldstar:
I love this Bibi. I've been following this thread in ghost mode since it was in page 3. I like the angle through which you perceive prostitution and people living with HIV/AIDS in this story. Most people stereotype these individuals while they know next to nothing about their stories. I have a cousin, a good guy, living with HIV. He was never promiscuous. I know because we live together. His HIV status cost him his job and fiancee. I know his struggles. Its real. For those reading this story, know that if you have it good, its not because you're better. I hope Bibi's story will make an impact, no matter how little, on how people view prostitutes and those living with HIV/AIDS.

Thank you bro. You ve said it all .

2 Likes

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Girl360(f): 10:15pm On Aug 14, 2016
Hey Bibi cheesy
I've been following keenly...
I just popped in to say good job..

But the kids and their hair colours though grin
Red, blue, now pink... Lol.. You do all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 10:19pm On Aug 14, 2016
slyIsaac:
An pal of mine fell for tis reserved babe in the area.... found out she had HIV... warned him... he didnt back off.... n i cut ties with him.... i beat my self for tat everyday.... guess i wasnt as smart as i was then..

hey sweetieconstie kiss

What happened to ur frnd? he got it?
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 10:20pm On Aug 14, 2016
Girl360:
Hey Bibi cheesy

I've been following keenly...

I just popped in to say good job..

But the kids and their hair colours though grin

Red, blue, now pink... Lol.. You do all

Thank u sis kiss
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 10:21pm On Aug 14, 2016
Eniqurl:
Thnks fr dz wonderful update.

Thanks babe.
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by kerr9(f): 10:25pm On Aug 14, 2016
I pray there b a solution ooi.God pls heal ify
chiboy that promise heaven and hell could not even stand by her when she needed him thou.well that life for u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 10:27pm On Aug 14, 2016
kerr9:
I pray there b a solution ooi.God pls heal ify
chiboy that promise heaven and hell could not even stand by her when she needed him thou.well that life for u

This made me laugh so much grin ppl tell u wat u want to hear,!

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by jacy67(f): 10:57pm On Aug 14, 2016
#sobbing#

Ify has gone through a lot. Her joy is like a never after, so close and yet beyond her grasp. I wouldn't mind a miracle bibijay but you said it is not fiction.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by toboski1(m): 11:05pm On Aug 14, 2016
bibijay123:

Are u Tosin too? shocked lol that was my own Tosin BT urs too is up now grin
grin[quote author=bibijay123 post=48485928]

Lol iAm I knew twas not mine you mentioned but I claimed it thanks all the same

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 11:10pm On Aug 14, 2016
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by olatex25(m): 11:26pm On Aug 14, 2016
Following
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by kerr9(f): 11:29pm On Aug 14, 2016
bibijay123:

This made me laugh so much grin ppl tell u wat u want to hear,!
to even think that Ify' family na treating her bad coz of him make me hate him na
teamIfywillbewellagain

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (37) (Reply)

Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story / Life Of A Broke Yahoo Guy (Fictional ) / The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.