Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,148 members, 7,815,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Controversy:why Did God Create Both Light And Sun - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Controversy:why Did God Create Both Light And Sun (419 Views)

Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? / Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? / Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Controversy:why Did God Create Both Light And Sun by EVarn(m): 12:57pm On Aug 04, 2016
If God created the light in Genesis 1:3,that means he created the sun right?.
Interesting thing is; God went ahead to create the sun in Genesis 1:16.
This signifies that the first light was a different source from the sun,which according to the bible was created much later.How is it that God created "light" on the first day,and then created the sun on the fourth day?,I'snt the sun earth's only primary source of light?.Curious indeed....
Re: Controversy:why Did God Create Both Light And Sun by chocolateme(f): 12:58pm On Aug 04, 2016
Hmm
Re: Controversy:why Did God Create Both Light And Sun by 0ubenji(m): 1:48pm On Aug 04, 2016
The sun became earth's primary source of light only when it was created..its creation was for it to function as a subsistent source of light production on its own.

*God did not create light*, he commanded it to surface from an unknown but temporary Source, obviously for the purpose of creation.

"Let there be light" does not connote creation, God simply commanded it to appear.
Interestingly, in the case of the sun, the terms "created" or "made" was used(depends on the bible translation).

When he was done with creation, the primary source of light(the sun) was now permanent and self-servicing, which emphasizes the essence of its creation.

---------------

I'm not an Atheist, but quite frankly, u've got no case here(atleast an intelligent one)

2 Likes

Re: Controversy:why Did God Create Both Light And Sun by EVarn(m): 4:04pm On Aug 04, 2016
@oubenji,If had read my post very objectively and with common sense,then you would have realised that my intension is neither to discredit christianity nor to disregard God; I was posting a topic that made me curious.
Anyway,you have no biblical proof to back up your disparaging hypothesis,are we to believe the hastily compiled rhetorics you posted up there?.

(1) (Reply)

What Awaits The Human Soul After Death Of The Body? / What Do You Stand For. Truth Or Religion? / Dear Pastor, Please Hear This And Never Forget:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.