Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,617 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

For Those Criticizing NDA, What Else Can The Niger Delta Do? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Those Criticizing NDA, What Else Can The Niger Delta Do? (901 Views)

Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC / Stop Criticizing Ex-president Jonathan’s Administration – Rotimi Amaechi / Saraki Reacts To The Arrest Of Kwara Civil Servant For Criticizing Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Those Criticizing NDA, What Else Can The Niger Delta Do? by HurtgenForest: 3:07pm On Aug 04, 2016
In Nigeria it looks like the only language understood is violence.

The north used violence to get their sharia law by carrying out violent riots in the north forcing OBJ to allow them.

Boko haram violence was instrumental to the removal of GEJ as president.

They also employed threats of violence by telling us that if the north did not get back their power(birthright), Nigeria would cease to exist and it worked. Today we have a fulani herdsman as president in the person of binhari.

The fulani herdsmen have been very violent againt the MB & South to force us to hand over our lands to them as grazing reserves. This is already working on some southerners like kayusfit/joboskills/searchingforlove, who asked that Yorubas tender apologies to the fulanis for opposing the grazing bill and even asked his fellow yoruba brothers to hand over the SW to the fulani herdsmen as a large grazing reserve.

Now to the South,

The good people of the ND have been asking for resouce control for years now but no one is listening.

People like Ken Sarowiwa were even executed just because they wanted fairness & justice for their people.

Let us stop deceiving ourselves, the north will never allow any true federalism or resource control, it has to be taken by force. If you say the ND people should take their case to the National Assembly the northerners again have the majority and will crush it. Ab initio, Nigeria was designed to favour the core north i.e the hausa/fulani. These are the real/first class Nigerians while the MB & South are to be used.

All those agitating for true federalism/resource control are wasting their time.

True federalism/resource control will only be achieved if the north finds more than enough crude oil in their region or after Nigeria must have lifted the last cup of crude oil from the Niger Delta leaving the region empty with their devastated lands.

The Niger Delta people have to take their freedom by force, there cannot be any other way.

Freedom is not given, it is taken!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: For Those Criticizing NDA, What Else Can The Niger Delta Do? by HurtgenForest: 3:08pm On Aug 04, 2016
Dearpreye, izonpikin, Truckpusher, Tonyebarcanista.
Re: For Those Criticizing NDA, What Else Can The Niger Delta Do? by moststylish(m): 3:14pm On Aug 04, 2016
I tell you, only if our people will not also betray us

1 Like

Re: For Those Criticizing NDA, What Else Can The Niger Delta Do? by HurtgenForest: 3:17pm On Aug 04, 2016
I ask the Niger Delta people, when will you take your destiny into your own hands?

Why not when the crude oil still has little value?

How long will you watch your resources being taken away to develop faraway lands?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For Those Criticizing NDA, What Else Can The Niger Delta Do? by HurtgenForest: 3:20pm On Aug 04, 2016
Nobody will give you any resource control/true federalism, you have to take it!!

2 Likes

Re: For Those Criticizing NDA, What Else Can The Niger Delta Do? by Izonpikin: 3:39pm On Aug 04, 2016
Diplomacy is a foreign word to Nigeria. ..who doesn't know apart from the north that true federalism is what will foster quick development of Nigeria and diversify our economy....

The FG of Nigeria only understands force and violence...

2 Likes

Re: For Those Criticizing NDA, What Else Can The Niger Delta Do? by chriskosherbal(m): 3:41pm On Aug 04, 2016
No comment
Re: For Those Criticizing NDA, What Else Can The Niger Delta Do? by ba7man(m): 4:00pm On Aug 04, 2016
They can keep bombing their lands, bunkering the oil, kidnapping and piracy, buying guns and giving cultists leadership positions.

Then they can later sit in the swamps and wonder why every sensible company, investors and Niger Deltan has run off to the southwest.

Intelligent peeps thinking bombings attract development. cheesy
Re: For Those Criticizing NDA, What Else Can The Niger Delta Do? by HurtgenForest: 4:03pm On Aug 04, 2016
ba7man:
They can keep bombing their lands, bunkering the oil, kidnapping and piracy, buying guns and giving cultists leadership positions.

Then they can later sit in the swamps and wonder why every sensible company, investors and Niger Deltan has run off to the southwest.

Intelligent peeps thinking bombings attract development. cheesy

You are the one dragging yorubas into this now when nobody mentioned your people.

When we mess you up now you cry to the MODs.

Nuff said.

2 Likes

Re: For Those Criticizing NDA, What Else Can The Niger Delta Do? by HurtgenForest: 4:07pm On Aug 04, 2016
All those condemning the NDA have not told the people of ND what to do.

Talking and talking does not achieve anything in this country.

1 Like

Re: For Those Criticizing NDA, What Else Can The Niger Delta Do? by ba7man(m): 4:10pm On Aug 04, 2016
HurtgenForest:

You are the one dragging yorubas into this now when nobody mentioned your people.

When we mess you up now you cry to the MODs.

Nuff said.
Mess who up? undecided

As if you don't ask yourselves those questions already.

Whatever you guys say doesn't change the reality on ground that the bombings you support are counter productive to your region, everyone knows it except you guys.

Maybe your eyes will clear after 5yrs of sustained bombings of your region.......... like the northern supporters of Boko Haram later cleared.

2 Likes

Re: For Those Criticizing NDA, What Else Can The Niger Delta Do? by HurtgenForest: 4:12pm On Aug 04, 2016
ba7man:
[s]Mess who up? undecided

As if you don't ask yourselves those questions already.

Whatever you guys say doesn't change the reality on ground that the bombings you support are counter productive to your region, everyone knows it except you guys.

Maybe your eyes will clear after 5yrs of sustained bombings of your region.......... like the northern supporters of Boko Haram later cleared. [/s]

Mind you business that is all.

No one needs your advise about other people's environments.

1 Like

Re: For Those Criticizing NDA, What Else Can The Niger Delta Do? by ba7man(m): 4:16pm On Aug 04, 2016
HurtgenForest:

Maybe i will.

I'm off to go smile at the pics the progress of the Eko Atlantic project and near completion of the Lagos Lightrail.

I'll just leave you guys to celebrate more bombed pipelines and gas pipelines.

1 Like

Re: For Those Criticizing NDA, What Else Can The Niger Delta Do? by macluvph1(m): 4:19pm On Aug 04, 2016
HurtgenForest:

My man stop wasting your time on that idiot, you have a good point and they are avoiding this thread like leprosy cos your question is one in a million.

I like your question and responses to idiots like the one you quoted.

keep it up,God will see us through.

1 Like

Re: For Those Criticizing NDA, What Else Can The Niger Delta Do? by ba7man(m): 4:30pm On Aug 04, 2016
macluvph1:

My man stop wasting your time on that idiot, you have a good point and they are avoiding this thread like leprosy cos your question is one in a million.

I like your question and responses to idiots like the one you quoted.

keep it up,God will see us through.
Im back and i will actively contribute on this thread. angry
Re: For Those Criticizing NDA, What Else Can The Niger Delta Do? by HurtgenForest: 4:39pm On Aug 04, 2016
ba7man:
Maybe i will.

I'm off to go smile at the pics the progress of the Eko Atlantic project and near completion of the Lagos Lightrail.

I'll just leave you guys to celebrate more bombed pipelines and gas pipelines.

Okay....
Re: For Those Criticizing NDA, What Else Can The Niger Delta Do? by ba7man(m): 4:42pm On Aug 04, 2016
HurtgenForest:
All those condemning the NDA have not told the people of ND what to do.

Talking and talking does not achieve anything in this country.
You complain about your resources being taken to develop other regions........ mention any state that recieves as much money as Niger Delta states first.

Or do I need to provide the list for you?

Now compare their performance to Niger Delta states.

Your politicians, leaders and Millitant leaders are some of the richest in Nigeria and you don't even deem it fit to ask "Why"?

They own the best houses in Lagos and Abuja and your people for once never mention them in your agitation.

They've sold the region already. Those ND states recieve more money than Lagos....... and Lagos has approximately triple their population.

But Look at Lagos...... Look at Niger Delta still.

The ND region has recieved enough money since 1999 to build at least 3 Eko Atlantic cities but the money just goes into the creeks and disappear.

Until you learn to vote in credible leaders, nothing will change in that region...... not even resource control.

Your leaders might just end up arming more Millitants than they already have and destabilize the whole country.

With the access to money the region had during GEJ'S administration, it's weapons they bought and exported the millitants madness to everywhere the creeks reached....... we're still trying to clean out the southwest of those criminals.

Resource control for that region will be a disaster because the people in charge aren't mature enough to handle it.
Re: For Those Criticizing NDA, What Else Can The Niger Delta Do? by HurtgenForest: 5:16pm On Aug 04, 2016
ba7man:
You complain about your resources being taken to develop other regions........ mention any state that recieves as much money as Niger Delta states first.

Your politicians, leaders and Millitant leaders are some of the richest in Nigeria and you don't even deem it fit to ask "Why"?

They own the best houses in Lagos and Abuja and your people for once never mention them in your agitation.

They've sold the region already. Those ND states recieve more money than Lagos....... and Lagos has approximately triple their population.

The ND region has recieved enough money since 1999 to build at least 3 Eko Atlantic cities but the money just goes into the creeks and disappear.

Until you learn to vote in credible leaders, nothing will change in that region...... not even resource control.

Your leaders might just end up arming more Millitants than they already have and destabilize the whole country.

With the access to money the region had during GEJ'S administration, it's weapons they bought and exported the millitants madness to everywhere the creeks reached....... we're still trying to clean out the southwest of those criminals.

Resource control for that region will be a disaster because the people in charge aren't mature enough to handle it.

I am not from the Niger Delta, I only asked that question because of what I have been hearing from my friends from there.

You are still not beinge sincere enough though.
Re: For Those Criticizing NDA, What Else Can The Niger Delta Do? by macluvph1(m): 5:16pm On Aug 04, 2016
ba7man:

Story for the gods.

Story for the gods.

1 Like

Re: For Those Criticizing NDA, What Else Can The Niger Delta Do? by drss2(m): 5:16pm On Aug 04, 2016
ba7man:

see pesin taken panadol for oda people's business wats ur business how they use their God given resources Its their oyel. tell ur daura president to use groundnut oyel to fund his 97% project cos no niger delta oyel will be used.

1 Like

Re: For Those Criticizing NDA, What Else Can The Niger Delta Do? by egift(m): 5:21pm On Aug 04, 2016
Funny how those that do not own a square-inch of oil block are the ones pioneering the call to blow things up.

Violence will not change a thing. Peace remains the pathway to development.
Re: For Those Criticizing NDA, What Else Can The Niger Delta Do? by babyfaceafrica: 6:00pm On Aug 04, 2016
HurtgenForest:

I am not from the Niger Delta, I only asked that question because of what I have been hearing from my friends from there.

You are still not beinge sincere enough though.
You are not from there,then what's your business there?...I prefer people who are from there to talk,stop using panadol for someone else headache!!!
Re: For Those Criticizing NDA, What Else Can The Niger Delta Do? by Dereformer(m): 6:05pm On Aug 04, 2016
My take on the question raised by op is this:

Niger Delta lost her only opportunity of controlling her resources by betraying the Biafran struggle during the Nigerian-Biafran civil war.

The North and the west sold them a dummy that the Igbos are after their oil. But today history has vindicated the Igbos of Biafra.

Had the ND not allowed the Nigerian forces to block Biafra from their region, Biafra wouldn't have lost the battle.

No section of Nigeria can get what they want without the support of other regions.

This is a clarion call for the south to be united for once.
Re: For Those Criticizing NDA, What Else Can The Niger Delta Do? by egift(m): 6:06pm On Aug 04, 2016
OP, here is a free advice on how youths of the region (including the NDAs) can do to bring the development the need and be actively a part of it as well.

A Nairalander Advice To Niger Delta Militants
https://www.nairaland.com/3268417/nairalander-advice-niger-delta-militants

(1) (Reply)

Change The Change: See PDP Billboard Spotted In Port Harcourt (pictured) / EDO POLL : APC Obaseki Dominates Social Media, Engages The Edo Youth. Byline: Al / Your Excellency Sir, Change Starts With You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.