Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,858 members, 7,866,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 02:47 PM

Speak Well To Live Well - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Speak Well To Live Well (398 Views)

Eat Well To Live Well – Pastor Sam Adeyemi / Why I Refused To Speak Out On Killings In Nigeria — Pastor Adeboye / "I Had Cancer, Was Given 2 Months To Live, Jesus Healed Me" - Lady (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Speak Well To Live Well by ken2015: 3:40pm On Aug 04, 2016
Speak Well To Live Well

Rev. Br. Kenneth Chigozie Alamezie, BSS
08068397124, kcgalamezie@gmail.com

Spoken words are more powerful and command enormous influence on our lives than many know it; as they are not just ordinary sound or mere product of one’s voice cord, but something alive and spiritual, “It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life (Jn 6:63).
I believe this passage of Scripture has more to explain to us than the plain implication it portrays. Folks who do not know much about the power of spoken words are bound to make a mess of their lives, as they could spend most of their time on earth speaking themselves and others around them to lack, poverty, and destruction. And know ye that ignorance isn’t an excuse in this regard; and whether or not you know it, each time you speak, you are either strengthening things up in your life, destiny and future, or you are doing otherwise. This is the wisdom, I believe, contained in Proverbs 18:21, “Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.” The tongue here isn’t as much the subject of concern as it is its product—words. You see, some translations put this scripture this way ‘…they that love to speak shall eat the fruit…And I think this shows us something quite interesting here. Bringing it home, for more clarity, I could put it this way: they that love to speak life shall eat the fruit thereof, likewise those that are eager to speak death, they shall eat same; it’s the fruit of their labor, afterall. There is no two ways about it. You just reap what you sow, period!
Now it means you can change, govern your world with your words. Isn’t this amazing! I bet it is. But how many of us know, believe, and apply this truth in their everyday living remains the question to be answered. You know, from the little experience I’ve gathered so far in my daily encounter with people of varied ages and backgrounds, all thanks to God for the opportunity, I’ve come to realize that one of the major problems, among a few others starring him in the face, facing man in this world is his inability to grapple with the truth about his fundamental nature as well as the world in which he lives. I think the very day any man realizes the implication of the fact that he’s a product of the Word, the same with everything existing both in the earth and spirit realm, marks the moment of great awakening for him: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God… All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made (Jn 1: 1-3).
It holds then that since the world came to be via the spoken Word of God, and we also a product of the Word, then it implies that happenings in this world ought to be governed by words also. I think this explains why the Patriarch Jacob was able to build the future for his twelve sons only with his words. Recall that even the big but careless guy, Reuben, whom he foretold was not going to find his bearing among his brethren, ended up just as he said he would. The reckless fun lover didn’t get to get a place among the twelve tribes.
Yet some people might argue that this does not always apply to every area of life’s endeavors or work out well for everyone. This is because they might have tried in the past to speak life into their lives and it seemed all not to be working out for them. To people like this I could tell why it didn’t and may never work out for them. The tendency is that when it comes to making positive confessions, speaking life and goodness into one’s life and destiny, some people scarcely speak with faith; yet when they make negative confessions about themselves, which results they get almost without delay, you see them unconsciously doing so with every passion in them, hence exhibiting faith even without knowing it. I am not in the least surprise that folks like this end up dragging around big containers of problems and obstacles. You know, I don’t hesitate to get away from folks exhibiting symptoms of this sickening and contagious behavior. They can infect you with it. I prefer faith-filled folks.
Faith is the propelling force that brings about manifestation to every spoken word, or action of man. For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith (Mk 11:23). Now I want you to note the word, ‘whosoever’ put in bold in the passage of Scripture just quoted, because it has something very important to tell us. It is interesting to note that the Lord didn’t say only believers in him could speak with faith to see mountains lose their original position. No! He said whosoever, meaning every man/woman has inherited this exceptional virtue in him or her. So by implication it means you aren’t made to sit around looking, as though a defeated dog, at your own mountains threatening your passage and progress in life!
I think one thing is still not very clear to some people: the kind of result you get in life is determined by the kind of faith you exhibit in everything you do, whether by word or action. It’s funny, really, to see how folks exercise a great deal of faith, though often unconsciously, when speaking negative about themselves and their situations, but would scarcely do same when the very need to do so arises. It’s kind of confusing, isn’t it? Little wonder they end up getting a great deal of life’s ruthless darts constantly flying in their direction as a result. Don’t get it twisted, you begin to live well when you begin speaking well (of yourself). This is because your words reflect your thoughts and your thoughts show the state and direction your mind is headed. Therefore, the point here is this: change your view of life to change your speech in life and that way you can get a change in your life. God bless you!

(1) (Reply)

Please Think About This / Your Take On Women Taking The Role Of A GENERAL OVERSEER Or Heading Churches. / God Will Only Do Something According To Your Knowledge Level.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.