Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

Is This Letter Sincerely Rude? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is This Letter Sincerely Rude? (1399 Views)

I Sincerely Need Help. Please Help A Young Man / 4 Seemingly Innocent Questions That Make You Look Rude In An Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Letter Sincerely Rude? by jephito(m): 6:28pm On Aug 04, 2016
I wrote the letter below to demand clarity on why my July salary was short of #1,000. Although I was not the only one affected, I was the only one who wrote the letter to demand the rationale behind such deduction.

Dear Madam,
DEDUCTION ON SALARY
I write to bring to your notice that the sum of one thousand naira (1,000) was deducted from my July salary and to seek clarity on the subject.
Thanks.

On the day after I wrote the letter, I was called to office and tongue lashed that my letter is in their words "rude" and that I'm too confrontational.

To cut long story short, I was told that the deduction was as a result of my one day absence from work on a public holiday July 6th, whereas I was at work on July 7th which is also a public holiday.

Please be sincere. Is the letter rude? If my action is wrong, please tell me so I can go apologise because I didn't apologise.
Re: Is This Letter Sincerely Rude? by Florblu(f): 6:53pm On Aug 04, 2016
It's not rude in all honesty. I guess you were tongue lashed to scare you as the deduction is not legal

6 Likes

Re: Is This Letter Sincerely Rude? by delishpot: 6:57pm On Aug 04, 2016
Not rude. They are just taking advantage of the fact that jobs are scarce and money is tight now in naija

4 Likes

Re: Is This Letter Sincerely Rude? by sladimeji(m): 7:11pm On Aug 04, 2016
bosses being treating employee as slaves since time immemorial

3 Likes

Re: Is This Letter Sincerely Rude? by Mackin: 7:14pm On Aug 04, 2016
The Main issue is dat, dey don't comfortable only u among d rest voiced out.
Re: Is This Letter Sincerely Rude? by jephito(m): 9:54pm On Aug 04, 2016
Florblu:
It's not rude in all honesty. I guess you were tongue lashed to scare you as the deduction is not legal

Thank you
Re: Is This Letter Sincerely Rude? by jephito(m): 9:58pm On Aug 04, 2016
Mackin:
The Main issue is dat, dey don't comfortable only u among d rest voiced out.
Perhaps others were comfortable with it and some of them are used to such sanctions. But I wasn't comfortable at all in this harsh economy.
Re: Is This Letter Sincerely Rude? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 04, 2016
Re: Is This Letter Sincerely Rude? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 04, 2016
Op you wrote a letter or you sent them an e-mail....which one?
Re: Is This Letter Sincerely Rude? by jephito(m): 12:27am On Aug 05, 2016
LastMumu:
Op you wrote a letter or you sent them an e-mail....which one?
I wrote a letter. The content of the letter is what you I typed above.
Re: Is This Letter Sincerely Rude? by MicroBox: 3:57am On Aug 05, 2016
@OP please hold your ground.. next time they won't unjustly deduct your money.

4 Likes

Re: Is This Letter Sincerely Rude? by oluwafreshkid(m): 9:54am On Aug 05, 2016
First, hope you didn't fidget when they were talking and hope you didn't apologise sha.
Cos you damn did nothing wrong, and they were embarrassed that someone could challenge their irregularities. Thumbs up

1 Like

Re: Is This Letter Sincerely Rude? by jephito(m): 10:59am On Aug 05, 2016
oluwafreshkid:
First, hope you didn't fidget when they were talking and hope you didn't apologise sha.
Cos you damn did nothing wrong, and they were embarrassed that someone could challenge their irregularities. Thumbs up

I did not apologize and I don't think I'm ready to do so. I kept reading the letter over and over again to ascertain the rudeness in it but didn't feel it's rude. Hence, i post the letter here.
Re: Is This Letter Sincerely Rude? by LaurelP(m): 12:53pm On Aug 05, 2016
There is nothing Rude about that letter am seeing above, unless you're lying.
On a second thought though, employers can allege anything just to intimidate and put fear into you.
Re: Is This Letter Sincerely Rude? by Tdunjoye: 1:20pm On Aug 05, 2016
I don't get it, i tot public holidays is surpose to be observe as a work free day. what did your employment letter say about public holidays and overtime.
Re: Is This Letter Sincerely Rude? by jephito(m): 1:27pm On Aug 05, 2016
LaurelP:
There is nothing Rude about that letter am seeing above, unless you're lying.
On a second thought though, employers can allege anything just to intimidate and put fear into you.
That's the letter words for words.
Re: Is This Letter Sincerely Rude? by Aremu01(m): 6:00pm On Aug 05, 2016
There is God oooooooooooo
Re: Is This Letter Sincerely Rude? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 05, 2016
On top your money fa? Is there no law in Nigeria that protect employees?

Op they just want to take advantage of you and I am pretty sure those lashing are women. Imagine working on a public holiday instead of getting paid money is deducted from your account.
Re: Is This Letter Sincerely Rude? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 05, 2016
Tdunjoye:
I don't get it, i tot public holidays is surpose to be observe as a work free day. what did your employment letter say about public holidays and overtime.

Forget employment letter they tell you nice things it is when you start working there body go tell you.

(1) (Reply)

Gva Logistics / Fidelity Invite (ibadan) / Michael Stevens Consultant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.