Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,227 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

*MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc (91164 Views)

Marketing Your Kindle / Createspace Ebook Effectively 2018 / How To Sell T-shirts On Amazon And Make $400/day Without Investing A Dime!! / Lady Ordered For A Transparent Chair On Amazon And Got This (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by GoldPencil: 7:28am On Sep 13, 2016
Besides you seem to be forgetting that we are in the quantity business on amazon. Put out as much of anything as you can, so that if you only sell 1 book out of 100 books in a month, that's a sure $100.

If anyone wants to be offended and not buy, that's cool. At least one person in this world will. Wasn't written for one person alone.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 8:38am On Sep 13, 2016
GoldPencil:
Besides you seem to be forgetting that we are in the quantity business on amazon. Put out as much of anything as you can, so that if you only sell 1 book out of 100 books in a month, that's a sure $100.

If anyone wants to be offended and not buy, that's cool. At least one person in this world will. Wasn't written for one person alone.

Well, I guess I didnt do research on things like that. You know, we have this natural instinct to fight for our own outside here. Even though I dont like our leaders with passion, I just cant afford to talk about our problems outside. That was just my emotions. And I still dont think I'll repent from that. Sorry.

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by GoldPencil: 9:09am On Sep 13, 2016
bros1234:

Well, I guess I didnt do research on things like that. You know, we have this natural instinct to fight for our own outside here. Even though I dont like our leaders with passion, I just cant afford to talk about our problems outside. That was just my emotions. And I still dont think I'll repent from that. Sorry.

Lol. I understand where you're coming from. But mehn, Na just say I de ask myself who naija don epp? Before man say make e enter ebook u should know nothing de ok. If I can make even 1 dollar by answering nigerian, then it will be worth it for me I guess. smiley cheesy

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Moneybook: 12:53pm On Sep 14, 2016
I'm quite busy now.... Just quote me to remember... Would be listing out secrets that I have learnt too... We must collect our commonwealth.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by EkoErrands: 2:12pm On Sep 14, 2016
GoldPencil:
Hey guys, this is the link to the next book #verynigerianproblems, any and all reviews are welcome - - - >https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1537614851/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473707256&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=Very+nigerian+problems&dpPl=1&dpID=51SaTXujoZL&ref=plSrch

Follow on twitter too @veryngrproblems
It's free to download tomorrow and next.
God bless

I just read your blurb on Amazon...and I must say; it was very very interesting and well thought out . I give you that. But with 40pages at $7 I doubt you will be making much sales. I would like to read it...but can I put down $7 for a 40page book about a fantastically curropt country...then answer is No. I can probably guess what happens in such a country and still hit 9/10. So I might be wrong but I feel your price is going to kill it.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 3:24pm On Sep 14, 2016
EkoErrands:

I just read your blurb on Amazon...and I must say; it was very very interesting and well thought out . I give you that. But with 40pages at $7 I doubt you will be making much sales. I would like to read it...but can I put down $7 for a 40page book about a fantastically curropt country...then answer is No. I can probably guess what happens in such a country and still hit 9/10. So I might be wrong but I feel your price is going to kill it.

I just downloaded the kindle version. will read it. the KD version is 0.99 and its 35 pages. not bad. its the hard copy that is $7
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by GoldPencil: 3:45pm On Sep 14, 2016
EkoErrands:

Lol. No worries my man. That price is only for the hardcover, the paperback version. (They cheesy ) said that the cost of printing it means I can't sell below $6. However, the ebook version is only 99 cents. In fact, as of yesterday sef, it was free. You can read it freely if you have subscribed to kindle unlimited, orrrr...even better, using your amazon account, you can give me a nice review and your email address, and I'll mail a copy to you free.

3 Likes

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by EkoErrands: 3:57pm On Sep 14, 2016
bros1234:

I just downloaded the kindle version. will read it. the KD version is 0.99 and its 35 pages. not bad. its the hard copy that is $7

OK thanks for the clarification...a beg where can one buy kindle tab?
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by EkoErrands: 10:57pm On Sep 14, 2016
GoldPencil:

Lol. No worries my man. That price is only for the hardcover, the paperback version. (They cheesy ) said that the cost of printing it means I can't sell below $6. However, the ebook version is only 99 cents. In fact, as of yesterday sef, it was free. You can read it freely if you have subscribed to kindle unlimited, orrrr...even better, using your amazon account, you can give me a nice review and your email address, and I'll mail a copy to you free.

OK now I understand
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by everton4life(m): 2:19am On Sep 15, 2016
just created my third book now. i started sept 10. no sales yet. my 3 books are;
1)bacteria infections
2) kidney and bladder health
3)pet maintenance.
feeling a bit nervous.i hope the titles are catchy sad
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 1:23pm On Sep 16, 2016
everton4life:
just created my third book now. i started sept 10. no sales yet. my 3 books are;
1)bacteria infections
2) kidney and bladder health
3)pet maintenance.
feeling a bit nervous.i hope the titles are catchy sad

I cant tell why u dont have a sale yet. i usually sell at least 2 books a day, sometimes 9, sometimes 8, sometimes 3. But I just found out I sell two book a day, compulsorily. Though I have 14 books, working on the 15th one. Maybe u should look at the niche u are writing on. If its so crowded with experts you may take time to break into it. any links to your books so we can take a look and judge better.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by EXICON(m): 2:13pm On Sep 16, 2016
Did you create your account on creatspace as a Nigerian?
bros1234:

LOL bro,

There are no steps. It's just easy.

Go to kdp.amazon.com

Register. Its pretty easy. Try it
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 1:22pm On Sep 17, 2016
EXICON:
Did you create your account on creatspace as a Nigerian?

Yes. I registered as a Nigerian and added my payoneer bank info, have already made $7 sef.

so yes.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by EXICON(m): 1:59pm On Sep 17, 2016
bros1234:

Yes. I registered as a Nigerian and added my payoneer bank info, have already made $7 sef.

so yes.
Which one is payoneer bank info pls?
How many books do you have on createspace?
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by elmatino: 7:43pm On Sep 17, 2016
Please can someone kindly outline the steps in formatting the e-book from Microsoft word and uploading it.
What font and font size should I use?
Spacing
And the uploading process.

Thanks.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by ponti93(m): 11:15pm On Sep 17, 2016
elmatino:
Please can someone kindly outline the steps in formatting the e-book from Microsoft word and uploading it.
What font and font size should I use?
Spacing
And the uploading process.

Thanks.
i can format your books for you for a small fee grin grin grin, you can b helping a nigga eat, you know grin grin

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by everton4life(m): 9:34am On Sep 18, 2016
bros1234:

I cant tell why u dont have a sale yet. i usually sell at least 2 books a day, sometimes 9, sometimes 8, sometimes 3. But I just found out I sell two book a day, compulsorily. Though I have 14 books, working on the 15th one. Maybe u should look at the niche u are writing on. If its so crowded with experts you may take time to break into it. any links to your books so we can take a look and judge better.
i enrolled all the books at kdp select and I am currently working on the fourth one. But I wanna clarify something. I just checked Amazon and saw the following:
1)my first book:bacterial infections is ranked 5 in top 100 free of basic science and 7,568 in Amazon bestsellers.i just got one review too.
2)my second book:kidney and bladder health is ranked 1 in top 100 free of basic science and 6,978 in Amazon bestsellers. no reviews
3)my third book:pet maintenance is ranked 22 in top 100 free of animal care and pets and 13,683 in Amazon bestsellers. no reviews
should I start panicking?
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by GoldPencil: 10:35am On Sep 18, 2016
It's like it's health that sells fast. Everyone loves good health. Where is that my stethoscope sef, and typewriter cheesy
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by databoy247(m): 11:00am On Sep 18, 2016
Good job guys, now am officially hooked to this thread.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 18, 2016
EkoErrands:

That book I spoke about...landed at 58k words...doing proof reading now!

The errors I'm seeing are mind blowing. Thank God I discovered a very effective method of proof reading ...! cool...by Friday it will be live on select.
Bros please feed me the effective proof reading method. Thanks
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 9:46pm On Sep 18, 2016
everton4life:
i enrolled all the books at kdp select and I am currently working on the fourth one. But I wanna clarify something. I just checked Amazon and saw the following:
1)my first book:bacterial infections is ranked 5 in top 100 free of basic science and 7,568 in Amazon bestsellers.i just got one review too.
2)my second book:kidney and bladder health is ranked 1 in top 100 free of basic science and 6,978 in Amazon bestsellers. no reviews
3)my third book:pet maintenance is ranked 22 in top 100 free of animal care and pets and 13,683 in Amazon bestsellers. no reviews

No dont panick. It seems you put your book for free for some days. The review is helpful. Start working on the CreateSpace version asap. Don't make the mistake i just made today. I offered one of my books free today and guess what, got about 550 downloads. i wish i had created the paperback version so those folks can at least consider buying it.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 9:50pm On Sep 18, 2016
EXICON:

Which one is payoneer bank info pls?
How many books do you have on createspace?

The easiest way to get your money is payoneer. The will give u a USA bank acct which u will submit in amazon. Thats what i'm talking about.

Anyone who needs special assistance, please send me a mail at: tvchost @ gmail dot com
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by emmalexdboy(m): 11:53pm On Sep 18, 2016
OP, can Nigerians buy a kindle book?
I'm just curious to know this as most of my book promotions I've done are for foreign audience.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 5:12pm On Sep 19, 2016
emmalexdboy:
OP, can Nigerians buy a kindle book?
I'm just curious to know this as most of my book promotions I've done are for foreign audience.

You can buy a book and read at : read.amazon.com.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by henrimoto(m): 7:59pm On Sep 19, 2016
everton4life:
Did you use up all the free 5 - days to place your book on free downloads?

How many pages make each of your books?
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 12:04am On Sep 21, 2016
Omo, I just cant still figure out what happened on Sunday. I put out one of my books for free on Saturday and Sunday. On Sunday, it had 24 downloads. then on sunday, 675 downloads. I'm still trying to understand what happened. If anyone has had such experiece, pls tell us what happened.

2 Likes

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by EkoErrands: 11:01pm On Sep 21, 2016
bros1234:
Omo, I just cant still figure out what happened on Sunday. I put out one of my books for free on Saturday and Sunday. On Sunday, it had 24 downloads. then on sunday, 675 downloads. I'm still trying to understand what happened. If anyone has had such experiece, pls tell us what happened.

What you saw was what exactly happened.
My story, after a week of publishing my book at $3 ...I haven't had any sales at all. Even the bleep I saw on the graph before the release date just went up and came back to zero. Meaning the person returned the book. So no sales and no money.

OK now I have changed my pricing from 70% royalty to 35% royalty today... Just to see if the 65% will be attractive to Amazon to showcase my book more... I'm still watching events. I'm working on createspace now.

I didn't want to rush into createspace since because I was still proof reading for minor errors and ommisions and I'm glad I didn't rush to creatspace.

I even did a paid promotion on Amazon... That only brought about 6 clicks costing me $0.90 dollars before I terminated the promotion.

So far no sales and I don't know what I'm doing wrongly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by everton4life(m): 7:46am On Sep 22, 2016
sad i am so confused right now.i just published my 5th book today but here is the problem.some one bought one of my books but i didnt see the sale in my report.the only thing i can see is the free downloads.is it because i registered on the 9th of this month.or do i have to wait until after 60 days before i see the results.its really frustrating and discouraging. abeg gurus in the house,help me. cry
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 8:09pm On Sep 22, 2016
EkoErrands:

What you saw was what exactly happened.
My story, after a week of publishing my book at $3 ...I haven't had any sales at all. Even the bleep I saw on the graph before the release date just went up and came back to zero. Meaning the person returned the book. So no sales and no money.

OK now I have changed my pricing from 70% royalty to 35% royalty today... Just to see if the 65% will be attractive to Amazon to showcase my book more... I'm still watching events. I'm working on createspace now.

I didn't want to rush into createspace since because I was still proof reading for minor errors and ommisions and I'm glad I didn't rush to creatspace.

I even did a paid promotion on Amazon... That only brought about 6 clicks costing me $0.90 dollars before I terminated the promotion.

So far no sales and I don't know what I'm doing wrongly.

Bro. dont be discouraged. Go ahead and write more books. I dont do fiction. I write mainly on my passion. So far, I make 2 sales a day. In fact sometimes I sell more. Yesterday I sold 19, two days ago, i sold 15, today-6, several other days, 2, 3, 7, etc. So I just tell myself that I sell two books a day. In fact my books rank 1, 15, etc, in their categories. What i dont understand is how 700 people downloaded one of my books in one day and i didnt sell up to 100 books that day.

Remember we are in this for the cash, so maybe you should consider doing non fiction
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 8:26pm On Sep 22, 2016
everton4life:
sad i am so confused right now.i just published my 5th book today but here is the problem.some one bought one of my books but i didnt see the sale in my report.the only thing i can see is the free downloads.is it because i registered on the 9th of this month.or do i have to wait until after 60 days before i see the results.its really frustrating and discouraging. abeg gurus in the house,help me. cry

Not sure what u mean by that u registered on the 9th. Your report shows whats happening day by day. If it shows, no sales, then no sales. And yes, those oyibo people do return books. Usually u will see the sale but there will be no money credited to you. If you go to month to date reports, u will see the details. This month so far I have sold 101 books in the US market with 5 returns. Why those oyibos return books is what i dont know. Something they can even read few pages before buying.

Dont give up Write more books on different subjects until u get whats selling. I have 18 books so far. some are not selling at all. but the ones that are selling encourage me
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by HoraCanada(m): 8:46am On Sep 23, 2016
bros1234,

Please, which area/niche(non-fiction) will you advice one to begin with?
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by shakol91(m): 11:06am On Sep 23, 2016
bros1234:

Bro. dont be discouraged. Go ahead and write more books. I dont do fiction. I write mainly on my passion. So far, I make 2 sales a day. In fact sometimes I sell more. Yesterday I sold 19, two days ago, i sold 15, today-6, several other days, 2, 3, 7, etc. So I just tell myself that I sell two books a day. In fact my books rank 1, 15, etc, in their categories. What i dont understand is how 700 people downloaded one of my books in one day and i didnt sell up to 100 books that day.

Remember we are in this for the cash, so maybe you should consider doing non fiction
OP you're doing a good job.. Pls I'm working on photo-book... What I don't understand is under which book selling categories does it fall. And please explain to me why the price of books published as calendar,hardcover,paperback and board book are different. I just need expert advice on how to promote Photo-book (contains landscape/timelapse photos) for better sales. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (42) (Reply)

Victor Okafor 'Ezego' N500m Mansion Lying Waste (Photos) / Nigerian Lady Finds Dollar Notes In Okrika Bag She Bought / 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.