Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,723 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

*MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc (91433 Views)

Marketing Your Kindle / Createspace Ebook Effectively 2018 / How To Sell T-shirts On Amazon And Make $400/day Without Investing A Dime!! / Lady Ordered For A Transparent Chair On Amazon And Got This (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 7:38am On Sep 29, 2016
HoraCanada:
bros1234,
Hope you are good? Pls I'm yet to get your feedback. I sent you PM then.

Sorry bro. What is PM and how do I see it. I have only got a few messages from nairalanders in my email and I tried to reply. Is it that you didnt get my reply in the email or what?
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by HZwriters: 8:53am On Sep 29, 2016
bros1234:

Sorry bro. What is PM and how do I see it. I have only got a few messages from nairalanders in my email and I tried to reply. Is it that you didnt get my reply in the email or what?

PM- private message.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by HoraCanada(m): 4:12pm On Sep 29, 2016
bros1234:

I didn't get your reply in my email. I sent you a private message (pm) through here.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by everton4life(m): 7:26pm On Sep 29, 2016
cry a beg did I offend anybody? or are the people from my village following me? checked my sales report and saw that I sold two books. the graph showed it. Only to check my month to date table and see that the two units I sold were refunded. Gosh I feel like crying. So heartbreaking and painful.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 9:21pm On Sep 29, 2016
HoraCanada:

I didn't get your reply in my email. I sent you a private message (pm) through here.

Pls send me a mail at tvchost at gmail.com

I cant seem to be able to check my PM here

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 9:23pm On Sep 29, 2016
everton4life:
cry a beg did I offend anybody? or are the people from my village following me? checked my sales report and saw that I sold two books. the graph showed it. Only to check my month to date table and see that the two units I sold were refunded. Gosh I feel like crying. So heartbreaking and painful.

No bro. You are not cursed and no witch is following you. Oyibo people dey return books. This month I have had 6 returns. Dont mind them. Just move on. Write more books

2 Likes

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 9:34pm On Sep 29, 2016
If you want to succeed in this business, here are the rules you must follow.

This was shared by Brian Clerk of CopyBlogger. He called it the 10 steps to a better writer.

1. Write
2. Write more
3. Write even more
4. Write even more than that.
5. Write when you dont want to
6. Write when you do
7. Write when you have something to say
8. Write when you dont
9. Write every day
10. Keep writing

I am adding the following...

1. Write when you are making money.
2. Write when you are not
3. Write when you are happy.
4. Write when you are not.
5. Just keep writing
..................Me said this

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by judeibro(m): 10:48pm On Sep 29, 2016
Sales and kindle read for June, July

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by everton4life(m): 10:49pm On Sep 29, 2016
bros1234:

No bro. You are not cursed and no witch is following you. Oyibo people dey return books. This month I have had 6 returns. Dont mind them. Just move on. Write more books
smiley thanks brother. I feel better. Currently working on my sixth book now. it's just that this is the third return in two weeks and I haven't made any sale.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by GoldPencil: 2:03am On Sep 30, 2016
Lol. Walahi. The only secret here is write well and keep writing well. Ijebu garri no need advert. See me and my #verynigerianproblems book wey dem don ya finish for here. I sold at least two copies last month. Like say I get like ten of them, na something. You can find it here. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1537614851/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475197042&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=very+nigerian+problems&dpPl=1&dpID=51tSD3w7wtL&ref=plSrch
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 4:32am On Sep 30, 2016
judeibro:
Sales and kindle read for June, July

Great work bro. Great work. I'll update my sales record for Sep. in two days time. though not much. but i will still update for the sake of transparency.

My august deal was just about $110. I started actively on July 28, so I only have august and september.

BTW, how did u penetrate that indian market. what kind of books works there.

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 9:12am On Oct 01, 2016
So this is how we fared in September:

CreateSpace - $26.90 (Comment: I started createspace in the middle of Sep. Wish I had started much earlier)
KDP (US ) - $264.63
KDP (UK) - #51.93 (Pounds)
KDP (CAD) - $13.44
KDP (AUS) - $2.74

I will just assume that all of this is dollars and say that we pulled in: $359.64.

This is not much but I give God praise for it and hope for better days ahead.

Please note that I gave out over 1000 free books in the free downloads promo.

My goal now is to build a website along my niche and put all books there and then do some basic marketing for the books too, not just waiting for amazon.

2 Likes

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by shakol91(m): 9:55am On Oct 01, 2016
@bros1234, is create space the same as registering and uploading on kdp? I'm working on photos and pls where is the best place to market that? I have 3 different photobooks,each with minimum of 50 pictures. I've done the conversion to Ms word. And waiting for the procedure to upload on amazon or kdp. Pls help me
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Nobody: 2:38am On Oct 02, 2016
bros1234:
Today, I was able to get my EIN - Employer Identification Number.

This number will help you remove the 30% withholding fee on amazon.

What happens is that if you make $100, Amazon will withold $30 (that's 30%) for tax.

Now imagine making $1,000. And amazon keeps $300. Thats a lot of money. The only way to scrap this is to get an EIN and re-update your tax information. Today, I called IRS and got this EIN.

We're moving forward.
Please what did IRS ask of you before they provide the EIN? Thanks.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by GoldPencil: 6:55am On Oct 02, 2016
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by shakol91(m): 8:04am On Oct 02, 2016
@ Bros1234,pls can you please highlight the procedure for publishing book on create space. Thanks for your consistent replies
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 7:19pm On Oct 02, 2016
shakol91:
@bros1234, is create space the same as registering and uploading on kdp? I'm working on photos and pls where is the best place to market that? I have 3 different photobooks,each with minimum of 50 pictures. I've done the conversion to Ms word. And waiting for the procedure to upload on amazon or kdp. Pls help me

1. Createspace is same as registering with KDP. They are the paperback version of Amazon.

2. I dont have knowledge with photobook but i think they should be same.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 7:21pm On Oct 02, 2016
MULLAH123:

Please what did IRS ask of you before they provide the EIN? Thanks.

They just took my details and that was it. Basic questions like name, address, nature of business, where u live, etc
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 7:23pm On Oct 02, 2016
shakol91:
@ Bros1234,pls can you please highlight the procedure for publishing book on create space. Thanks for your consistent replies

1. Register.
2. Follow the step by step guide
3. Design a cover...thats where i had problem.

But its basically same procedure
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 02, 2016
bros1234:

They just took my details and that was it. Basic questions like name, address, nature of business, where u live, etc
Okay. Thanks.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 02, 2016
bros1234:

1. Register.

Oh, so you create your own covers, what software do you use?
I am learning wit word right now, it is amazing.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 10:37pm On Oct 02, 2016
MULLAH123:

Oh, so you create your own covers, what software do you use?
I am learning wit word right now, it is amazing.

I use fireworks.

You can download the sample template here:

http://bookow.com/resources.php#cs-cover-template-generator

Just fill the blank spaces, its usually 6x9. Ignore the ISBN aspect. Createspace will give you free ISBN. Then download it, it should give you a size that you should then edit in an editor. That was wat I used to learn their cover size and specs
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by shakol91(m): 1:26am On Oct 03, 2016
I tire for creatspace cover design. Why can't they just allow publishers to convert their already made cover to pdf and upload.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by shakol91(m): 1:31am On Oct 03, 2016
bros1234:

1. Register.

bros that cover design is a big wahala. I just shut down my pc now after converting my already made cover to pdf,then I tried to upload it. The thing just dey load without result. I tired O.... Pls how did you solve the problem.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by GoldPencil: 5:25am On Oct 03, 2016
bros1234:

Bro. Hafa. Abeg the ein is how many digits abeg? I wan confirm something. Or what do the first 3 numbers look like?
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 6:10am On Oct 03, 2016
shakol91:
bros that cover design is a big wahala. I just shut down my pc now after converting my already made cover to pdf,then I tried to upload it. The thing just dey load without result. I tired O.... Pls how did you solve the problem.

I downloaded a template from the link I posted above and then opened it in my fireworks and used it to design mine, as in i now changed everything there. Then I went to smallpdf.com and convereted that designed cover to pdf and submitted to createspace

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 6:13am On Oct 03, 2016
GoldPencil:

Bro. Hafa. Abeg the ein is how many digits abeg? I wan confirm something. Or what do the first 3 numbers look like?

9 Digits
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by shakol91(m): 9:39am On Oct 03, 2016
bros1234:

I downloaded a template from the link I posted above and then opened it in my fireworks and used it to design mine, as in i now changed everything there. Then I went to smallpdf.com and convereted that designed cover to pdf and submitted to createspace
bro sorry for troubling you too much... Pls can I send my 3 covers to you to help me insert and covert it with your procedure,then you send the conversion back to me for uploading. Pls,I don't really understand how to design.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by shakol91(m): 10:58am On Oct 03, 2016
u republished your book, your changes will be live in 24 hours.

Here are additional resources to help you promote your book and reach more readers:

Learn about the merchandising programs we offer, including ten ways to market your book.
Enroll your book in KDP Select, an optional program for you to reach more readers and earn more money. When you enroll your title in KDP Select, it will be included in Kindle Unlimited for customers in the U.S., U.K., Germany, Spain, Italy, France, Brazil, Canada, Mexico, and India and the Kindle Owners' Lending Library (KOLL) for customers in the U.S., U.K., France, Germany, and Japan. You can also choose between two great promotional tools: Kindle Countdown Deals or a Free Book Promotion. To learn more, click here.
Create an Author Page through Author Central so readers can get information about you and your work. You can sign in to Author Central on Amazondotcom or on Amazondotcodotuk. Already have an Author Page? Make sure you claim all of your books, including this one.
Kind regards,
The Kindle Direct Publishing Team. I got this mail for a successful book publish,pls what's the next thing to do according to this mail to make this book sell
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 1:48pm On Oct 03, 2016
shakol91:
u republished your book, your changes will be live in 24 hours.

Here are additional resources to help you promote your book and reach more readers:

Learn about the merchandising programs we offer, including ten ways to market your book.
Enroll your book in KDP Select, an optional program for you to reach more readers and earn more money. When you enroll your title in KDP Select, it will be included in Kindle Unlimited for customers in the U.S., U.K., Germany, Spain, Italy, France, Brazil, Canada, Mexico, and India and the Kindle Owners' Lending Library (KOLL) for customers in the U.S., U.K., France, Germany, and Japan. You can also choose between two great promotional tools: Kindle Countdown Deals or a Free Book Promotion. To learn more, click here.
Create an Author Page through Author Central so readers can get information about you and your work. You can sign in to Author Central on Amazondotcom or on Amazondotcodotuk. Already have an Author Page? Make sure you claim all of your books, including this one.
Kind regards,
The Kindle Direct Publishing Team. I got this mail for a successful book publish,pls what's the next thing to do according to this mail to make this book sell

Enrol your book in KDP unlimited. This way you can take advantage of borrows. People can read your book without buying it. That is the blue lines in the graph i posted above. Amazon will pay you a small share for people who borrow your book to read every month. If u ask me, I think you should enroll your books on KU. But you wont publish it on any other platform for 3 months that is enrolled, but that is okay because Amazon controls over 70% of ebook sales in the world.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 1:54pm On Oct 03, 2016
shakol91:
bro sorry for troubling you too much... Pls can I send my 3 covers to you to help me insert and covert it with your procedure,then you send the conversion back to me for uploading. Pls,I don't really understand how to design.

I doubt I can do this bro. Sorry. Rather I can send you an editable png version of one of my real book covers published on CreateSpace. You should be able to edit it using fireworks or coreldraw. or get someone to help you do that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (42) (Reply)

CBN Redesigns 200, 500 & 1000 Naira Notes / What Is A Domiciliary Account? / Shipping From China To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.