Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,135 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

*MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc (91358 Views)

Marketing Your Kindle / Createspace Ebook Effectively 2018 / How To Sell T-shirts On Amazon And Make $400/day Without Investing A Dime!! / Lady Ordered For A Transparent Chair On Amazon And Got This (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Aida13: 8:34pm On Nov 07, 2016
bros1234:

I mean that I am interested in Ghostwriting. How did you get ur first client and where? Fiverr?

At least I can now do other things and work on Amazon gradually since it will bring in small change monthly on autopilot henceforth. At least 5 sales drop in every day. So I have to do other stuff. Waiting.

Oh ok. I met my clients on Freelancer. Very demanding work with deadlines and set premise to follow. You are given a brief storyline to expand into minimum of 30k words. Turnaround 3-4 weeks. Freelancer has great options so definitely start from there.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by miisy(f): 12:59pm On Nov 08, 2016
Aida13:

Whew thanks for that. Wanted to include an excerpt of my book on Wattpad. That was close

@miisy

I guess I'll be linking my books on site after all. Also, hope you get it now about NaNoWriMo. It's fun if you have the time and motivation.
yes dearii....I could try it next year..
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Nobody: 1:38am On Nov 11, 2016
Bros1234, hi.
How are your books fairing in the online market?
Hum... I'm currently writing my first non fiction book for kdp. How did you go about updating your tax information? Looks like I cannot commence any work online until I cross that hurdle.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 6:45am On Nov 11, 2016
Joseid:
Bros1234, hi.
How are your books fairing in the online market?
Hum... I'm currently writing my first non fiction book for kdp. How did you go about updating your tax information? Looks like I cannot commence any work online until I cross that hurdle.

Hey bro.

1. God is on our side. It is moving gradually. Though I would have wanted it faster than this, but we manage to pull five to 10 sales daily. See pic below.

2. You have to fill the tax information to be able to publish books. It's not difficult to fill. Just fill that you are not a US citizen and select the right options. Thats all.

3. Pls finish this book and write and upload more books. The premium is on more books you have.

Hi everyone

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 6:49am On Nov 11, 2016
Aida13:

Oh ok. I met my clients on Freelancer. Very demanding work with deadlines and set premise to follow. You are given a brief storyline to expand into minimum of 30k words. Turnaround 3-4 weeks. Freelancer has great options so definitely start from there.

Thanks sis for the guide. Will look into that.

Could you send me some motivation. I'm just struggling this month. No book written yet. Just opening and closing my system. I need my motivation back. So pls send me some motivation grin cool smiley

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 11, 2016
bros1234:

Hey bro.

1. God is on our side. It is moving gradually. Though I would have wanted it faster than this, but we manage to pull five to 10 sales daily. See pic below.

2. You have to fill the tax information to be able to publish books. It's not difficult to fill. Just fill that you are not a US citizen and select the right options. Thats all.

3. Pls finish this book and write and upload more books. The premium is on more books you have.

Hi everyone
Great!i
I can't wait to join the train too.
Thanks for the response.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by dtruseeker(m): 9:56am On Nov 11, 2016
bros1234:

Hey bro.

Hi everyone
Can I have your number sir. 08037046054
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 7:19am On Nov 12, 2016
dtruseeker:

Can I have your number sir. 08037046054

Send me a mail: tvchost at gmail dot com
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 1:23pm On Nov 13, 2016
One of my prayer books is number 1 in the category in the UK. Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by lobell: 3:26pm On Nov 13, 2016
I want to use this opportunity to inform and warn anyone who does business with Jude Ibro nairaland moniker bros1234 and bros12345 that s/he does so at her/his own risk.

This is because I have very strong reason with evidence - which I will make available shortly - that he is a scammer! He uses gentle words and evidence from his kindle sales to bamboozle and sway you to part with your cash for services he will never render.

Like I said, to be forewarned is to be forearmed.

Watch this space.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by djlaqua91(m): 3:50pm On Nov 13, 2016
lobell:
I want to use this opportunity to inform and warn anyone who does business with Jude Ibro nairaland moniker bros1234 and bros12345 that s/he does so at her/his own risk.

This is because I have very strong reason with evidence - which I will make available shortly - that he is a scammer! He uses gentle words and evidence from his kindle sales to bamboozle and sway you to part with your cash for services he will never render.

Watch this space.

This is a serious allegation, if you have evidence lets see it here. If not, you owe him a public apology for character defamation. All the best.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by dtruseeker(m): 4:09pm On Nov 13, 2016
lobell:

Watch this space.
yea someone with the name Jude Ibro scammed me. I just didn't talked abt it
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 5:00pm On Nov 13, 2016
lobell:

Watch this space.

My friend, this is funny. Pls provide more details. My real names are not Jude Ibro. Pls provide details so we can know what you are talking about. I'm as confused as others here. Waiting.

2 Likes

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 5:03pm On Nov 13, 2016
djlaqua91:

This is a serious allegation, if you have evidence lets see it here. If not, you owe him a public apology for character defamation. All the best.

Bro. Its good this is coming to light. I need more info. I'm as confused as the you and the guy. My full names though is not Jude Ibro. Use Trucaler to check my number and get my true name and identifity, even on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, etc. I really need more infor. Waiting
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 5:09pm On Nov 13, 2016
UPDATE:

While we wait for details as to someone claming that he was scammed by me, please note the following.

1. Yes, the above usernames bros1234 and bros12345 are my monikers.

2. My full names are not Jude Ibro

3. I have never received money from any Nairalander in the form of payment for service or product.

4. Since I started this thread, I have only offered free advise and never asked for monetary compensation.

5. Right now, I am as confused as everyone regarding this accusation, but I'm also glad it's coming out. I want to know what's happening. Just so we can set the record straight.

4 Likes

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by lobell: 6:29pm On Nov 13, 2016
bros1234:
UPDATE:

While we wait for details as to someone claming that he was scammed by me, please note the following.

1. Yes, the above usernames bros1234 and bros12345 are my monikers.

2. My full names are not Jude Ibro

3. I have never received money from any Nairalander in the form of payment for service or product.

4. Since I started this thread, I have only offered free advise and never asked for monetary compensation.

5. Right now, I am as confused as everyone regarding this accusation, but I'm also glad it's coming out. I want to know what's happening. Just so we can set the record straight.

Haaaa! uncle you can lie o!

To the point of denying your name...you are worse than Judas.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros12345: 6:59pm On Nov 13, 2016
lobell:

Please bro. provide details. I'm pissed off and confused. My name is not Jude Ibro. That's for real. I want others to comment. I'll provide my real name and link to my amazon books, payments, payoneer, all. I'll provide login details.

People can also come to my office fur confirmation.

Something fishy is going on and I don't know it unless you provide details. My office is at Ikeja, 6 Alen Avenue. Please who is coming and when are û coming.

I want to know who is hijacking my moniker fur scam. Please provide details.

Thanks
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 7:44pm On Nov 13, 2016
Hello guys, I have created a thread so we can really get to know what's happening:

https://www.nairaland.com/3463686/re-scam-alert-jude-ibro

I want anyone with useful information to come up and help me understand how he was scammed using my moniker.

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by dominique(f): 8:00pm On Nov 13, 2016
lobell:

Can you please provide us with phone number, e-mail as well as account number of the person you transacted with? This could be a case of impersonation. It has happened more than once before.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by lobell: 11:17am On Nov 14, 2016
First Contact was made sometime before the 18th Sept. 2016. I can’t recall exactly how but it’s safe to say I contact him through nairaland PM.

Every text in bold is mine. I just want to say that I am putting this out there to protect someone as I am not even pissed. The money involved is peanuts but I decided to still bring this here because if more people fall for it then the culprit gets away with more money…and probably becomes emboldened to up his stakes.

Also, I want to seize this opportunity to apologize sincerely and deeply to bros1234 and bros12345 if indeed he is not Jude Ibro but if you are…your thunder is doing press up.

Cheers.

PS. Nairalanders should read with an open mind and make up their minds objectively.
PPS. Nairaland Bot will have a field day dishing out bans to me…so kindly be patient for updates.

The first message I received was on the 18th Sept. and had the subject: Amazon kdp (Lesson one Step One).

The second message was received same 18th tagged, Amazon kdp (Lesson Two Step Two).

The next message was also received same 18th in reply to my appreciating his good work.

Him: “Thanks for you reply, at least i am not sending mails to robots. Lesson Three, Step Three Coming before 9pm, i am still typing it. I hope the lesson is clear enough. because i don't even have time to edit, so there might be a lot of typos. don't hesitate to ask questions if you need any clarifications.”

Then there was one tagged, Lesson Three (Step 3) BookShelf. Same 18th

The following events took place between 7am and 11pm, Sept. 21.

Subject lin[/b]e: Graph Showing my recent sales (in Red) and KENP or KDP Select (Library Reads) in blue

[b]Subject line
: Lesson Four (Step 4) Reports

Subject line: Lesson Five (Step 5) Know your payments

I have removed the texts in the mail because they have no relevance and to keep this as short as possible.

My reply: Thanks man.

Can't wait for when I actually start making and selling books.

His reply: You are welcome

The following events took place between 7am and 11pm, Sept. 26

Subject line: September Report so far.

Him: "Things could get better. I still believe things can improve before 30th. 6th - 11th of September didn't put a smile on my face. Mind you, i am not advertising any of my books on google or facebook. Watch this spikes, because i will start advert from October, so we can compare notes. My target is $500 a month sales. Still writing for the holiday sales."

Here there was an attachment of a sales graph and KENP reads.

Mine: Nice job sir.

So how do we start writing and publishing our own books?

Cheers.

His: What do you intend to write on?

Mine: Oga, anything that will fetch money like you're doing.

His: Start writing. Get your topics and make me know them, so i could guide you.

Mine: Okay

The following events took place between 7am and 11pm, Sept. 28
Subject line: updated September Report

Him: “Things are looking pretty good as the month slowly ends. Like i said earlier, anything can happen before the end of the month. Got my highest kindle read (Library borrow) for September yesterday (298 pages), August was 901 KENP Reads, I am still hoping for more sales before the end of the month.

I show you guys this reports to encourage you guys to start writing and avoid procrastination, while you wait for your card, don't stop writing. Ensure you proofread your books very well or give it out to be proofread, nobody wants to read a book riddled with so much grammatical and spelling errors. I am not a natural writer, i stumbled into writing because i needed an income, i needed to take advantage of amazon kindle. In my next mail, i will show you guys books on my amazon kindle bookshelf. Please start writing, there is no harm to carry out research on the internet, but please, ensure you totally rephrase your write up to avoid being accused of plagiarism.

For those that will be shopping with their card on aliexpress, You will have to verify you are the owner of the card before you can use it on their site. This is due to the growing activities of hackers. This is international standard. You will scan the front of your card, cover the card numbers leaving only the last 5 digits, then log into your payoneer card, screen shot the home page as well as the transaction page, send it to them at aliexpress, then you are good to go to do all your shopping on aliexpress. There a lot of cheap stuffs on aliexpress you can buy, ship in for free and sell. Things are far more cheaper on aliexpress than jumia, The draw back is just the delay in delivery (betwwen 2 - 3weeks), just be patient. If you intend to use your card on Jumia, select international card and you are good to go with your shopping experience.

Do not wait for government jobs which are not forthcoming, lets survive outside the Nigerian economy. You can't afford to be sitting idle and not taking advantage of the fact that the world is a global village and recession in Nigeria shouldn't affect you and i.

For the books i promised, i have sent 5 different books to 5 different people so far (2 has made sales, the remaining 3 have gotten good Kindle Reads and are still hoping to make sales while they have started writing their books) they were the first people to send me mails. I have just 8 more (on erotica, repairing of electronic gadgets, social media marketing, etc) i want to give out for free, but i don't know how to go about it because of the share number of people that have requested for it so i don't look bias.

For those asking how they can show appreciation, well, i wouldn't mind MTN airtime here in my inbox (any amount would be appreciated) to keep the data running. i am a data glutton. lol.

I got so much questions on how much amazon pays per page for a book borrowed on the KENP programme. The answer is, there is no fixed amount, When you log into your account, scroll down to the end of the page, you will see "KDP Select Global Fund" For September it is $12 Million USD, August was $15Million USD. This is the amount made available by amazon to be shared by all authors whose books are on the Kindle Select or KDP select. This money is gotten from subscribers for the KDP Select, Members pay $10 per month to access all books available on the kindle select on their kindle devices.

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions”

TBC...
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by kissler(f): 11:51am On Nov 14, 2016
@Lobell, what exactly is your point ?

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 12:04pm On Nov 14, 2016
lobell:
First Contact was made sometime before the 18th Sept. 2016. I can’t recall exactly how but it’s safe to say I contact him through nairaland PM.

Every text in bold is mine. I just want to say that I am putting this out there to protect someone as I am not even pissed. The money involved is peanuts but I decided to still bring this here because if more people fall for it then the culprit gets away with more money…and probably becomes emboldened to up his stakes.

Also, I want to seize this opportunity to apologize sincerely and deeply to bros1234 and bros12345 if indeed he is not Jude Ibro but if you are…your thunder is doing press up.

Cheers.

PS. Nairalanders should read with an open mind and make up their minds objectively.
PPS. Nairaland Bot will have a field day dishing out bans to me…so kindly be patient for updates.

The first message I received was on the 18th Sept. and had the subject: Amazon kdp (Lesson one Step One).

The second message was received same 18th tagged, Amazon kdp (Lesson Two Step Two).

The next message was also received same 18th in reply to my appreciating his good work.

Him: “Thanks for you reply, at least i am not sending mails to robots. Lesson Three, Step Three Coming before 9pm, i am still typing it. I hope the lesson is clear enough. because i don't even have time to edit, so there might be a lot of typos. don't hesitate to ask questions if you need any clarifications.”

Then there was one tagged, Lesson Three (Step 3) BookShelf. Same 18th

The following events took place between 7am and 11pm, Sept. 21.

Subject lin[/b]e: Graph Showing my recent sales (in Red) and KENP or KDP Select (Library Reads) in blue

[b]Subject line
: Lesson Four (Step 4) Reports

Subject line: Lesson Five (Step 5) Know your payments

I have removed the texts in the mail because they have no relevance and to keep this as short as possible.

My reply: Thanks man.

Can't wait for when I actually start making and selling books.

His reply: You are welcome

The following events took place between 7am and 11pm, Sept. 26

Subject line: September Report so far.

Him: "Things could get better. I still believe things can improve before 30th. 6th - 11th of September didn't put a smile on my face. Mind you, i am not advertising any of my books on google or facebook. Watch this spikes, because i will start advert from October, so we can compare notes. My target is $500 a month sales. Still writing for the holiday sales."

Here there was an attachment of a sales graph and KENP reads.

Mine: Nice job sir.

So how do we start writing and publishing our own books?

Cheers.

His: What do you intend to write on?

Mine: Oga, anything that will fetch money like you're doing.

His: Start writing. Get your topics and make me know them, so i could guide you.

Mine: Okay

The following events took place between 7am and 11pm, Sept. 28
Subject line: updated September Report

Him: “Things are looking pretty good as the month slowly ends. Like i said earlier, anything can happen before the end of the month. Got my highest kindle read (Library borrow) for September yesterday (298 pages), August was 901 KENP Reads, I am still hoping for more sales before the end of the month.

I show you guys this reports to encourage you guys to start writing and avoid procrastination, while you wait for your card, don't stop writing. Ensure you proofread your books very well or give it out to be proofread, nobody wants to read a book riddled with so much grammatical and spelling errors. I am not a natural writer, i stumbled into writing because i needed an income, i needed to take advantage of amazon kindle. In my next mail, i will show you guys books on my amazon kindle bookshelf. Please start writing, there is no harm to carry out research on the internet, but please, ensure you totally rephrase your write up to avoid being accused of plagiarism.

For those that will be shopping with their card on aliexpress, You will have to verify you are the owner of the card before you can use it on their site. This is due to the growing activities of hackers. This is international standard. You will scan the front of your card, cover the card numbers leaving only the last 5 digits, then log into your payoneer card, screen shot the home page as well as the transaction page, send it to them at aliexpress, then you are good to go to do all your shopping on aliexpress. There a lot of cheap stuffs on aliexpress you can buy, ship in for free and sell. Things are far more cheaper on aliexpress than jumia, The draw back is just the delay in delivery (betwwen 2 - 3weeks), just be patient. If you intend to use your card on Jumia, select international card and you are good to go with your shopping experience.

Do not wait for government jobs which are not forthcoming, lets survive outside the Nigerian economy. You can't afford to be sitting idle and not taking advantage of the fact that the world is a global village and recession in Nigeria shouldn't affect you and i.

For the books i promised, i have sent 5 different books to 5 different people so far (2 has made sales, the remaining 3 have gotten good Kindle Reads and are still hoping to make sales while they have started writing their books) they were the first people to send me mails. I have just 8 more (on erotica, repairing of electronic gadgets, social media marketing, etc) i want to give out for free, but i don't know how to go about it because of the share number of people that have requested for it so i don't look bias.

For those asking how they can show appreciation, well, i wouldn't mind MTN airtime here in my inbox (any amount would be appreciated) to keep the data running. i am a data glutton. lol.

I got so much questions on how much amazon pays per page for a book borrowed on the KENP programme. The answer is, there is no fixed amount, When you log into your account, scroll down to the end of the page, you will see "KDP Select Global Fund" For September it is $12 Million USD, August was $15Million USD. This is the amount made available by amazon to be shared by all authors whose books are on the Kindle Select or KDP select. This money is gotten from subscribers for the KDP Select, Members pay $10 per month to access all books available on the kindle select on their kindle devices.

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions”

TBC...

Hey bro.

Thanks for coming up with some details. We still need more details, like bank name, phone numbers, account numbers, amount involved, etc. But then here are my response based on what you said so far...

1. I have never had a discussion with anyone providing the kind of lessons you have stated here so far

2. I have never sent anyone, dead or alive, books that they published. As a matter of fact, I detest sending people PLR books because @mk82 who is the leader here on nairaland regarding kindle publishing warned against it.

3. No one has written me requesting for free books. I wont mind digging out all the emails I have received from nairalanders and our discussions as we go along.

4. I have never requested an appreciation from anyone, dead or alive, on nairaland.

5. My August KENP reads was not 901. I will attach a screenshot that shows from Aug 16-31. cos I couldnt get past that date, but even that was not 901.

6. A bit about my experience:I published my first book on kindle around 2011 (one door close, another door opens). It was a book I launched in our church. I still have copies with me. But then I forgot about kindle stuff. Then on July I woke up to it and uploaded my book on Healing Prayers on July 28, and have continued to upload books ever since. So far, I have uploaded about 22 books.

7. In the thread here, I have made it clear that I am learning on the process and would like us to help ech other.

8. I believe that someone has impersonated me.

9. To help further, I am inviting you or anyone to my office tomorrow. Come and I will show you my login details and proof that I am not Jude Ibro.

10. Pls let's fish out who this person is.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 14, 2016
I was even wondering too. I once emailed you and you responded with advice on how I should go about on this kdp. You even sent one of your covers and told me of the site to create them. And never for once did we talk of money all through the convo.

You know the problem with people, when they see a ridiculous offer like the one posted by the scammer, they rush to it without any due diligence.

If I am talking with someone and the issue of money/payment comes, I normally retract to my shell. No information is hidden, the difference between those successful and others is the research and implementation.

More royalties and KENP reads to your books bros1234.

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by lobell: 6:38pm On Nov 14, 2016
CONTINUED
The following events took place between 7am and 11pm, Oct. 06
Subject line
: October sales so far
Him: “How are you all doing? Hope you haven't given up writing? Don't hesitate to ask questions.

October Sale is in Zigzag pattern, hoping the zigzag takes off.”

There was an attachment for sales graph.

The following events took place between 7am and 11pm, Oct. 15
Subject line
: Slow October so far
Him: “October has been slow, but anything can happen between now and 30th October. September report attached.”
There was an attachment for sales graph and September sales report.

The following events took place between 7am and 11pm, Oct. 18
Subject line
: October sales so far, so good
Him: “With the total ban on Naira Mastercard from foreign transactions is the more reason you shouldn take amazon kindle serious. Whatever the banks decides to do won't affect we publishers, instead we will soar higher.

So i encourage you guys, to even double your efforts.

Attached October so far, there is a lot of prospect for October hitting $100 and above.

I still entertain questions and for those who are still confused on which genre to write, my advice is avoid popular Genres.

Mail me your questions and concerns, i will be glad to assist.

Jude Ibro”
There were attachments for sales and KENP reads graph
Me: “Hello,

Can you give me examples of unpopular genres?

Thanks.”

Him: “Genre that teaches skills, Just stay off the choked genres like Romance, thrillers, anything fiction and concentrate on genres that train people on different skills "teach yourself" kinda titles. I don't know if you understand. A guy that wrote on first aid last week has sold 8 copies. i will attach the cover i designed for him and i am impressed”

There was an attachment of a book cover on First Aid management

The following events took place between 7am and 11pm, Oct. 19

Me
: “Wow! Just last week!

How many titles do you currently have in your bookshelf?”

Him: “15 books, still have more to add”

The following events took place between 7am and 11pm, Oct. 20
Subject line
: Yesterday was good
Him: “The peak period as started 5 books sold yesterday alone and its not November yet.

The $100 target b4 31st is becoming for feasible.

Don't give up, keep the kindle dream high.

Waiting for your questions.”

There was a sales graph attached.

Subject line: Withdraw from payoneer using worldremit
Him: “For those having challenge withdrawing from Nigerian ATM due to recent CBN policies, don't worry.

Here is the solution: www.worldremit.com

Sign up at the above site to withdraw money directly into your Nigerian Bank Account as well as Buy airtime with your payoneer card.

Goodluck and more red spikes.

Have a good night rest.

Jude Ibro”

Another attachment of sales graph.

The following events took place between 7am and 11pm, Oct. 21

Subject line
: Woke up to discover i sold four books yesterday
Him: “October is pretty encouraging. with recent sales, i might up my expectation for October to $150 if things continue like this. Then i might be tempted to promote my books using paid advert next month. Fingers crossed.

N.B: i post my progress to encourage you guys to understand that amazon kindle works and you shouldn't give up bu to keep publishing books even if the sales haven't started coming, don't be discouraged, you will be shocked when it starts, it won't stop again. It took me a month to start recording sales after i started.”

Me: “Thanks for your encouragement.

Do all your books have the same price point? How much is your highest priced book? And how much is the lowest?

Thanks.”

Him: “My price ranges between $2.99 - $3.50. The highest I have used is $8
and I sold only one of it till date.”

Me: “Thanks. This implies lower priced books sell better.”

Him: “Yeah! More people will buy.”

The following events took place between 7am and 11pm, Oct. 22

Subject line
: Amazon Withholding tax
Him: “I have got a lot of questions on amazon withholding tax.

Note that it is only sales you got from amazon.com that is taxed because the are sales from the United States of America. Sales from other amazon stores (e.g. .in, .cad, .uk, etc) are not taxed. You get you complete royalties if you make sales from these stores.”

Subject line: Just crossed the $100 Mark for October
Him: “I set a target of $100 for myself for the month of October, i just crossed that target this evening with four book sales already for today. The holiday peak period for kindle book sale is gradually creeping in. Who knows, i might hit $150 before the month end.

Folks, this is the best period to keep publishing and never give up.”

The following events took place between 7am and 11pm, Oct. 25
Subject line
: Formatting and converting your books to kindle format

Him: “Here is an attachment that teaches you all on converting your books to kindle. Take your time and go through it.”

There was an attachment of the KTCUserGuide.pdf

The following events took place between 7am and 11pm, Oct. 27

Subject line
: Things to avoid when writing keywords

Him: “Notice to all Kindle Publishers.

When Writing keywords for your books on amazon kindle, please avoid words like "Best Sellers" "Number one book" "New York Best Seller" and "Kindle" amazon frowns at it and it could get your book(s) blocked.

Finally, the tip to more sales is keep publishing your books. The more books you publish, the more exposed your books become. The system has a way of encouraging people with more books by subtly advertising their books. You can also use different authors names for your different books, it is allowed.

Successfully crossed: $120 in sales for the month of October 2016. I will send my report to all of you to encourage to take kindle serious.

i am open to questions for the serious ones.

Jude Ibro”

TO BE CONTINUED
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by etcme(m): 7:44pm On Nov 14, 2016
@Lobell, please would you be kind enough to provide the bank account details of the said person that defrauded, also provide the email address that was used in sending this messages, his phone contact and the amount defrauded of you.

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 8:07pm On Nov 14, 2016
etcme:
@Lobell, please would you be kind enough to provide the bank account details of the said person that defrauded, also provide the email address that was used in sending this messages, his phone contact and the amount defrauded of you.

I tell you bro. That would have saved the day than all the contentsbeen churned out here.

1. From the forgoing so far, you were not dealing with me.

2. Please check the thread I created to bust the scam and the @mk82 thread. Someone has already said that there is a username on NL with judeibro.

3. I repeat again, You are not dealing with me.

4. I will not take offense yet becasue I guess you are trying to figure out who defrauded you.

5. Now look at my sales on 15 Oct -31st Oct. They dont match the information the guy is giving you. On the 19th I sold 7 books, 20th - 4 books, 21st - 9 books, 22nd-13books and so on. See the graph for proof.

6. I think I'm done with this defense. It has distracted me two days now. I need to go back to work. I need to upload two books this week.

7. And for everyone's knowledge, if you read this thread you would have also noticed the niches I have been talking about. They dont tally with what this guy was telling you.

2 Likes

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Dabest43(m): 8:28pm On Nov 14, 2016
Help! Help!! help!!![b]Help! Help!! help!!![/b]Help! Help!! help!!!

I need someone to help me post a review on amazon. Some one who as bought something with is or her amazon account. it is urgent.
Cheers
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Nobody: 11:30pm On Nov 14, 2016
Bros1234
I'm surprised at this development. While you may be confused as to how this come about, I think you should try to keep your mind at rest till this is settled.I hope you're vindicated.
Slainte!
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Nobody: 1:20am On Nov 15, 2016
[s][/s]
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by lobell: 10:26am On Nov 15, 2016
The following events took place between 7am and 11pm, Oct. 31
Subject line
: As October gradually ends
Him: “Here is how i am fairing in book sales and kindle reads as october gradually draws to a close, even though i believe anything can happen between now and midnight.

i successfully crossed the $100 target i gave to my self.

Send links to your ebooks not doing well on amazon, so i can use my twitter marketing to help publicize them, as long as they are good enough.

My next lesson will be techniques for marketing you books on twitter. I will send my September sales to you guys in excel format when it is available on the 15th on November. Meanwhile, i attach a movie magazine to keep your reading delight.

To those i owe books, don't worry, i will deliver. Just putting finishing torches to them so they look presentable.
Goodnight”

Me: “Well done sir.

How come you are not owing me books?

I for no mind o.

Regards.”

The following events took place between 7am and 11pm, Oct. 31

Him: “its your call”

Me: “Please na...

Put me on the list too...abeg.

Thanks”

Him: “N2000 are you still interested?”

The following events took place between 7am and 11pm, Nov. 1

Me
: “How many words are on this?
Thanks”

The following events took place between 7am and 11pm, Nov. 2

Me
: “Hello sir,

I did not hear from you again as per word count.

Also, since we are on this and to target this Christmas period I will like for you to kindly consider a special bonanza for me of 3 sweet books for #5,000.

Thank you very much for your kind consideration.

Kindly let me know what the modalities of securing the books are.

Thanks and kind regards.”

Him: “am putting finishing touches on two books on Obesity and Diabetes.
The mode of delivery is email plus the cover pages designed by me.
They are both over a 100 pages. Here is my account details.

Account Name: Jude Ibro Akasa

Account no: 0040243869

Bank: Access Bank Plc.

Send me the names of the three authors u intend to use.”

Me: “Let me think up the names I want.

Can they all be the same name? Can I have MD at the end of the names? I'm assuming the books will be in word format, correct?

I will be ready to make payment as soon as you're ready.

Many thanks.”

Him: “They are two medical books, the third is not a medical book, so we can
use one name for the two medical book, with the suffix MD. But the
third boos should have a different author's name as it's not a medical
book, but a training on violin. A teach yourself approach on violin.”

Me: “Correct!

I'll get back to you in a few hours.

Thanks”

Him: “No problem”

Me: “Here's what I have come up with.

Mayah Bello, MD

and

Ronan Bello.

Thanks.”

Him: “Ok No qualms. I will use any of them. Make me know when u are done
with the payment so that I can convert the books to kindle format and
send it to u.”

Me: “Oh, the books are ready, already?

I will also like them in word format so I can edit it if I need to.

Kindly use the first name for the medical books and the second name for the music one.

I will make payment before 24hours are up after when you inform they are ready. The reason is someone is funding this and she will like to see them as soon as she releases funds. I'm sure you understand.

Thanks. “

Him: “they are ready, when i say finishing touches, i mean arrange the pages, justifying them and proofreading not writing.”

Him: “Here is the cover for the first one, the cover for the obesity management is ready too.”

There was an attachment of said cover.

Him: “You know what, if you ain't interested, no problem. someone else will pick it up or i publish it.”

Me: “Oga Jude, there's is no call for getting upset yet. I explained the situation to you. I am clear now what you meant by finishing touches and she's sending the money tomorrow which I will transfer to you same day God willing.

I hope this is okay with you?

Thanks.”

Him: “No problem.”

The following events took place between 7am and 11pm, Nov. 03

Me: “Just sent the transfer to your account.

Kindly come through today as per our discussions.

Thanks.”

Me
: “How Far?

You did not acknowledge receipt of the trans”

Him
: “I have gotten it, you will get your books before the end of today.”

Me: “Oga Ibro,

You never acknowledged receipt of my payment.

When will you be sending the books over?

Cheers.”

Him: “I acknowledged receipt naa, i wasn't a home, just got home.”

Me: “The message was sent earlier...I think network held on to it.

So where are we with the books?

Cheers.”

Him: “please bear with me, i came in very late and tired, you book will be delivered to you 2moro, it is a promise. i am working on the table of content. please. Thanks for your patience.”

The following events took place between 7am and 11pm, Nov. 04

Me: “This was what I was trying to explain to you 2days ago and you were getting angry. Now I have to be cooking up stories for why they are not ready.

What time precisely am I expecting them please?”

Me: “WHAT'S GOING ON?!

WHY HAVEN'T YOU SENT THE BOOKS?

WHY?”

The following events took place between 7am and 11pm, Nov. 05

Me: “At this point it is safe to say you are a scammer.”

Me
: “I will be commencing my campaign tomorrow. You have up to midnight today to close this deal. This is my final communication.

Cheers.”

Him: “Use this cover. Go through the book, if you are ok with it, i will convert it to kindle and resend it for you to publish. The next two will be sent soon.

Patience is a virtue.”

There were two attachments like he said

Him: “and what will your campaign do to me? if i want to scam you, is it N5000 that i not up to one tenth of what i get selling books/ if it easy to write, proofread and format books, why didn't you write it yourself? You are just one impatient person.”

Me: “First rule of business = communicate.

If you don't communicate with your clients how do you expect them to know what is going on. I'm actually surprised that someone who has passed through a similar circumstance will speak like this. If you care to recall our discussions, go over orevious mails. "I'm putting finishing touches" you said. "Finishing touches is just to convert to kindle format" you said. Why is it taking you so long?

It's never about the money, never has been...you should know better based on your 2011 experiences. Yes I know a lot about you, but you wouldn't know that, would you?

Now that you've decided to answer me, when am I receiving the other books? I realy feel we waste too much time sending emails back and forth. Give me a realistic timeline and be an honourable man about it.

That's all I asked. Period!”

The following events took place between 7am and 11pm, Nov. 06
Subject line
: kindle reads doing better than sales
Him: “its not always rosy.”

Me: “Hello,

I have checked it out and it passed kindle check. I have requested someone to redesign the cover and someone else to proofread. I will publish myself when it's done.

Please don't wait for me to get angry again before you keep to your word and deliver which is four (4) days past due. In the interim, you should keep me abreast of progress.

Thanks.”

THE END!

So like I said, I really apologise to bros1234/bros12345 if as you say, you are not the one.

I just hope this helps someone else not to fall victim to the scammer!

Cheers!
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 11:24am On Nov 15, 2016
THE END!

So like I said, I really apologise to bros1234/bros12345 if as you say, you are not the one.

I just hope this helps someone else not to fall victim to the scammer!

Cheers!

Bro, you did not deal with me.

The person you dealt with Jude Ibro. Not me.

Read this post: https://www.nairaland.com/3269169/modified-making-money-publishing-amazon/6#50250202

You may have read that post and contacted him.

If you even follow that post you'll notice that I responded to him and warned him about his method. So bro, once again, you did not deal with me. You have also successfully derailed this thread.

Next time. The first rule is to be sure before you accuse someone. Cos accusing the wrong person has consequences. That's what you have done.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (42) (Reply)

CBN Redesigns 200, 500 & 1000 Naira Notes / What Is A Domiciliary Account? / Shipping From China To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.