Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,007 members, 7,863,660 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:39 PM

If Boko Haram Has Been Defeated, Where Is Al-barnawi And Shekau? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Boko Haram Has Been Defeated, Where Is Al-barnawi And Shekau? (395 Views)

Obama Calls Buhari As DSS Arrests Al-Barnawi, ISIS-Recognised Boko Haram Leader / Militants Vow To Kill Moslems & Burn Mosques If Boko Haram Kills Christians / "No Attacks On Mosques" - Abu Al-Barnawi, New Boko Haram Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Boko Haram Has Been Defeated, Where Is Al-barnawi And Shekau? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 04, 2016
Just as Comedian Seyilaw said at his 'Fast and Funny' show in Lagos recently, whenever God wants to watch a comedy channel in heaven, Nigeria will definitely be the country he tunes to. I have many reasons to believe him now, though he said so comically.

The FG has in recent times dutifully fed us with the good news that Boko Haram has been defeated completely and the Nigerian Army is busy routing them. Excellent news, joyous to the ears!

Interestingly, ISIS yesterday announced the appointment of one Al-Barnawi as the new leader of Boko Haram in Nigeria. to even pile on my surprise, the Al-Barnawi went on to release a statement that he is going to change tactics as the leader of Boko Haram and mosques will no longer be attacked. To even worsen my negative surprise however, Shekau (the former Boko Haram leader) came out today to say he remains the leader of Boko Haram. Just a few questions popped into my confused head...

1. If Boko Haram had truly been defeated, which congregation will Al-Barnawi be leading that he is being appointed? A dead congregation?

2. Can Al-Barnawi and Shekau be tussling over the leadership of a defeated terrorist organization?

3. If ISIS remains the same ISIS that we have known and feared, will they bother appointing a leader for an arm of their network that is no longer functional?

4. The truth seems to be staring at us...Boko Haram is still intact somewhere, but where?

5. Are they not the so-called 'Fulani Herdsmen' that Mr. President has refused to say a word about and the security agencies have taken no action to control?

6. If they are indeed the ones changing into Fulani Herdsmen, why exactly is the FG lying to us about Boko Haram's defeat? To hide their incompetence?

I am really confused about this matter...and whenever I look up to heaven nowadays, I just smile at God, because I know if He is watching Nigeria right now, He is laughing loud and hard!
Re: If Boko Haram Has Been Defeated, Where Is Al-barnawi And Shekau? by MENZPRIDE(m): 10:47pm On Aug 04, 2016
"Boko Haram has been TECHNICALLY defeated"
"Nigeria is TECHNICALLY in recession"
Anything that involves Nigeria is becoming a TECHNICAL issue.

2 Likes

Re: If Boko Haram Has Been Defeated, Where Is Al-barnawi And Shekau? by AsoRockz01(m): 1:29am On Aug 05, 2016
This government has done so well to shut the mouth of the media. This days you hardly see in the news where there's a bomb blast.
Even the killings by herdsmen are not trully reported.

Nigeria we hail thee.

1 Like

Re: If Boko Haram Has Been Defeated, Where Is Al-barnawi And Shekau? by banki(m): 2:39am On Aug 05, 2016
The former government told us they had killed shekau

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Imagine The Effect Of Change Dealing With This Police Officer. / Breaking: Jonathan Denies Sponsoring Niger Delta Avengers / Oshiomhole: Non-payment Of Salary By Govs Is Criminal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.