Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,749 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? (27906 Views)

Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos / Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress / 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by ayusco85(m): 8:19pm On Aug 05, 2016
Kingzy4pep:
That's a big fallacy. What then are you gonna say about rich girls sleeping around with random dudes?
Don't ask me how many I have seen because I've seen alot.
Some girls sha..... Even deliverance can't help them.

One out of 100.
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 05, 2016
You really sound poverty sticking... will really like to ask one question... must you marry someone you don't love? If you truly love a lady you will respect love and cherish her, no matter the past. Secondly, if you want a lady that is untouch, so you can love and respect her, you go for one, we have lot of them out there. Thirdly, make sure you keep yourself pure and untouch for the lady, because that's the only way you can get the best of a wife, be it virgin or not. Finally, marriage is not all about sex, so the lady's sex life shouldn't be a determining factor to paying bride price
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 05, 2016
Ishilove:

You have said it all. He is there busy casting stones meanwhile he is no better. What a hypocrite
Ishi embarassed
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Fkforyou(m): 9:01pm On Aug 05, 2016
IMO...I just feel worrying about issues like this, (I mean her body count) could be exhausting and brings nothing but paranoia and lack of peace of mind....so why would I want to stress my self.

Having said that, I respect the OP stance especially if he has been upright and disciplined. But if other wise is the case, I feel he is been unfair and hypocritical if he demands sexual modesty from his future spouse if he doesn't have one. I hate hypocrisy.

Well, what I think he is trying to say is that, why would he settle down with a slut (no guy likes a slut too) when he isn't one? ( that is, if he is just a holy gentle dude...o).

But what he has to know is that, some of this ladies go into relationship with a genuine reason and sincerity, maybe they are not just lucky cos they always end up with players.

In essence, they don't just jump from one man to another without reason. There are some ladies who live solely for LOVE and they'll continue searching for it till they find one...so don't judge them harshly.

To summarize everything, If I get a virgin, it's a bonus, if I don't find one, I don't give a fvck so long as she has a good heart and makes me happy.

As for the OP; Don't hate the player hate the game.

My advice; Get with the program.

2 Likes

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by smiliyB(f): 9:22pm On Aug 05, 2016
Oloniyan:

Arabinrin fimi diwon baba e Nile kee
nya gachihara gi azu,ihe obuna icherem na isi gi ka oga ada....
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by KevinDein: 9:30pm On Aug 05, 2016
closerange:

I looked to see whether some smart fella was going to reply you but none did, so here goes....
For an argument to make sense, one has to be consistent, consistency here implies that we stick to the subject matter and not deviate...
Now the 0p opined that the issue of bridepricee ought to be reconsidered if the girl is used up, my friend up there even made the job easier by stating the significance of brideprice which is purity..... Now since the girl isn't so pure after all, isn't it right we forget about the brideprice and just move on?
Now your point about whether the man is pure himself fails under logical scrutiny because as far as I know, women are not required to pay anything for the man....
The best way out of this conundrum should be men paying bride price for the pure ladies while ladies pay same for the pure man (since you are suddenly interested in male purity)....
And in a situation where we are both impure, as is most often case, nobody gets to pay anything....
Do you have anything against this perfect arrangement?
fantastic
But unfortunately man you are wasting your time as here on nairaland logic isn't a forte for most.
I can assure you that none of these ladies will be able to counter this post of yours
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Darlx(m): 11:08pm On Aug 05, 2016
craziebone:

it is absolutely untrue that men have more sex partners than women in a life time. The fact is: they both have equal number of sex partners through out life time. The only way it could be different in favour of men is if men are bi sexual and women are not. The fact is, every single time i heterosexual man has sex, he does it with a woman.

The number of men that have sex with her is the number of men she is also having sex with and vice versa.

Baba!...Google is your friend...

www.telegraph.co.uk/women/sex/sexual-health-and-advice/8958520/Average-man-has-9-sexual-partners-in-lifetime-women-have-4.html
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Ishilove: 5:38am On Aug 06, 2016
iAmCharis:
Ishi embarassed
The pressure on her is too much. I want him to cool off a bit before readding embarassed
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Nobody: 5:56am On Aug 06, 2016
Ishilove:

The pressure on her is too much. I want him to cool off a bit before readding embarassed
I think he should be over it now. smiley
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Nobody: 6:11am On Aug 06, 2016
Darlx:

Baba!...Google is your friend...

www.telegraph.co.uk/women/sex/sexual-health-and-advice/8958520/Average-man-has-9-sexual-partners-in-lifetime-women-have-4.html

first of all the UK does not rep the world.

Secondly, there are reasons for me to believe that research is false, one of them being: the method the research was done, questioning.

Men are more likely to overstate how many partners they've been with, while women are likely to understate theirs. The reason i am sure you know. For men, its about the feeling of being champion, while for women, its about feeling decent.

Another reason: i just googled the gender population of the UK and found out women out number men with just over 1m. If this is the difference, them there is no how that stat can be true. The only way that stat can be true is if the number of women is 7 times the number of men in which case, a man can have 7 times more women and that won't be the case for women. If the number of men and women are very close, then there will be no way possible for men to have more partners than women. There will be an intersection somewhere, if you understand set theory.
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Ishilove: 6:18am On Aug 06, 2016
iAmCharis:
I think he should be over it now. smiley
I seriously doubt smiley
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Nobody: 6:22am On Aug 06, 2016
Ishilove:
I seriously doubt smiley
Okay. Sort it out the way you want then.
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Ishilove: 6:32am On Aug 06, 2016
iAmCharis:
Okay. Sort it out the way you want then.
PMed ya
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Nobody: 6:46am On Aug 06, 2016
Ishilove:
PMed ya
Replied..
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by 5minsmadness: 6:51am On Aug 06, 2016
closerange:

I looked to see whether some smart fella was going to reply you but none did, so here goes....
For an argument to make sense, one has to be consistent, consistency here implies that we stick to the subject matter and not deviate...
Now the 0p opined that the issue of bridepricee ought to be reconsidered if the girl is used up, my friend up there even made the job easier by stating the significance of brideprice which is purity..... Now since the girl isn't so pure after all, isn't it right we forget about the brideprice and just move on?
Now your point about whether the man is pure himself fails under logical scrutiny because as far as I know, women are not required to pay anything for the man....
The best way out of this conundrum should be men paying bride price for the pure ladies while ladies pay same for the pure man (since you are suddenly interested in male purity)....
And in a situation where we are both impure, as is most often case, nobody gets to pay anything....
Do you have anything against this perfect arrangement?
Smart fella
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Ishilove: 6:53am On Aug 06, 2016
iAmCharis:
Replied..
Okey dokey
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by eyinjuege: 8:38am On Aug 06, 2016
Ishilove:

Plagiarism. You didn't even have the decency to credit where you copied it from

What do you expect from a morally decadent person? Who probably believes the world revolves around him?

1 Like

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by AyamConfidence(m): 8:39am On Aug 06, 2016
hello suxxman
good morning
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Oloniyan(m): 8:55am On Aug 06, 2016
eyinjuege:

What do you expect from a morally decadent person? Who probably believes the world revolves around him?

Thanks so much for pointing that out. Holier than thou grin

And ishilove at least I denoted #Copied at the end of that article to show I'm not the original poster and never for once did I take the credit of being the original poster and for that I'm still sorry.

www.nairaland.com/3271940/bride-price-dignity-eye-opener
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by eyinjuege: 9:27am On Aug 06, 2016
Oloniyan:

Thanks so much for pointing that out. Holier than thou grin

And ishilove at least I denoted #Copied at the end of that article to show I'm not the original poster and never for once did I take the credit of being the original poster and for that I'm still sorry.

www.nairaland.com/3271940/bride-price-dignity-eye-opener

Look here Mr, work on yourself first.

1 Like

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Oloniyan(m): 9:32am On Aug 06, 2016
eyinjuege:

Look here Mr, work on yourself first.
In as much as I don't like to say but you are full of yourself Ms. Have a great weekend ahead
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by eyinjuege: 10:46am On Aug 06, 2016
Oloniyan:

In as much as I don't like to say but you are full of yourself Ms.
Have a great weekend ahead

And you have nothing to offer anyone.

Top of the day to you Mr.

1 Like

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Oloniyan(m): 1:23pm On Aug 06, 2016
eyinjuege:

And you have nothing to offer anyone.
Top of the day to you Mr.
Yeah anyone like you d!ckhead
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by eyinjuege: 1:38pm On Aug 06, 2016
Oloniyan:

Yeah anyone like you d!ckhead

You are sadly full of s#!t.

And more sadly you're just like a bungalow with nothing upstairs.

I will repeat the advice I gave earlier, you need to work on yourself.

C'est dommage....

1 Like

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by evadreams(f): 2:45pm On Aug 06, 2016
At the op ur still a boy grin. Real man knows how to love a woman and does not use sexual history as a criteria, real man knows he is paying not for her sexual purity but becos he luvs her, she is willing to change her last name n bear his name, carry is baby for 9 months, stand by him through the bad and good times, cook for him even though she is working n coming home tired, take care of the kids wen they r sick or healthy, she prays for him to be successful and the lists go on. I think u should grow up and really think of what u want in a woman, ur type will be unfaithful becos the only thing u value in a woman is sexual purity after that what next? How can sex determine ur ego n esteem

4 Likes

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Oloniyan(m): 2:49pm On Aug 06, 2016
evadreams:
At the op ur still a boy grin. Real man knows how to love a woman and does not use sexual history as a criteria, real man knows he is paying not for her sexual purity but becos he luvs her, she is willing to change her last name n bear his name, carry is baby for 9 months, stand by him through the bad and good times, cook for him even though she is working n coming home tired, take care of the kids wen they r sick or healthy, she prays for him to be successful and the lists go on. I think u should grow up and really think of what u want in a woman, ur type will be unfaithful becos the only thing u value in a woman is sexual purity after that what next? How can sex determine ur ego n esteem

grin kid indeed. Well thanks a bunch. Done with my research and points gathering.
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Hamatrony(m): 3:06pm On Aug 06, 2016
badaoyeyemi:
Bb

U mean Bread n beans angry

1 Like

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by richardoz(m): 8:17pm On Aug 19, 2016
This is a real 'confusion na wa' thread but the OP has made his point I guess, we can't think same way nevertheless the point is our ladies too should work more on purity don't make us guys that are ' otondos' suffer nah!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is It Okay For My Two Brothers To Marry Women From The Same Family? / Woman Steals Bride’s Money At Wedding / What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.