Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,225 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? (27822 Views)

Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos / Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress / 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Oloniyan(m): 1:40am On Aug 05, 2016
Why She Does Not Deserve That Bride Price.

Let me start by saying I have a number of female friends -platonic friendship, I mean - with different shapes and shades. Some I grew up together with, while others, I met through different avenues like the media, school et all - just like every other guy out there. As mature ladies, almost all of them have had their 'fair' share of relationships with different experiences that, if only they could add it to their CVs, would qualify them as 'veterans' on the 'job'.

From what I have seen, and from what they have told me, many guys have dumped them, and they have dumped many guys. A number of them have had up to 10 boyfriends/sexual partners, some have had much less or much.

Virtually all are in their early 20s. The very bold ones among them have described their sexual experiences which sometimes include oral (cunnilingus and MouthAction) and even anal sex. Some have even had to terminated one or two pregnancies for guys who later dumped them or in some cases, who they later dumped.

Yours truly, each time they tell me this, my body recoils in disgust. I wish I could help it. But oftentimes I can't but begin to imagine the sexual act: how the guy handles her the way he pleases, insert his hand-no matter how filthy- into even the most intimate place in her body , twists and turns her to mimic a dog, a monkey etc ,while she moans away..............And this is not 1 guy, not 2 and sometimes, not 10!

From what I have seen, It seems to me my friends (the girls) are always 'on heat'. Because as soon as a guy dumps them, they jump at another, and the 'sexual circuit' is never broken.

The funny thing is, my friends have not done anything unusual , because that is what most girls do these days. It has become a norm, not an exception! Well, Its a modern world-at least , that is what they say- and I seem to be outdated in the way I feel about them. But I think they would also agree with me that we should forgo the ERA OF BRIDE PRICE, because they don't deserve it!

Why do I have to pay for what some guys have had for free?!Why do I have to pay over a girl whose private parts still drip of the Fluid of other guys?! No tell me, why do I have to pay over a girl who has carried and aborted pregnancies for some other guys who had her with little or nothing?!

Fine, I know a woman has much more to offer than sex in marriage. But she has definitely reduced her value with those sexual escapades. All a man lives for is EGO and self esteem. She has denied me that EGO and pride over her, at least, not when many other guys out there know the exact locations of the scars and birth marks in her private parts............and of course her 'ringtones'!
#Copied

99 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by LordIsaac(m): 3:58am On Aug 05, 2016
My friend, we are a part of a third world country. Over 50% of Nigerians are uncivilized and the aged cannot really fend for themselves. Many still depend on children they have not trained and raised for survival. What do you expect?

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Oloniyan(m): 9:07am On Aug 05, 2016
LordIsaac:
My friend, we are a part of a third world country. Over 50% of Nigerians are uncivilized and the aged cannot really fend for themselves. Many still depend on children they have not trained and raised for survival. What do you expect?

You may be right but this doesn't justify being cheap my Friend.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by missvera(f): 9:09am On Aug 05, 2016
Ayam laughing grin cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Oloniyan(m): 9:11am On Aug 05, 2016
missvera:
Ayam laughing grin cheesy
As a matter of fact Izz really not funny o (in sege's voice)
Waiting for sticks from female Nairalanders though

3 Likes

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by LordIsaac(m): 9:26am On Aug 05, 2016
Oloniyan:

You may be right but this doesn't justify being cheap my Friend.
I'm not justifying anything...I'm just asking you to think outside of yourself for a moment. Imagine if you were born in the streets....and someone has to marry your sister....I feel the bride price in itself is just to test the ability of a man financially with respect to ''raising'' another man's daughter.

12 Likes

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by jashar(f): 10:05am On Aug 05, 2016
lolz OP. Just lolzzz.......

Quick question, have you participated in sexual activity before?

smiley

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Oloniyan(m): 11:24am On Aug 05, 2016
jashar:

smiley

Lolz grin that's more rhetoric grin

BTW lalasticlala come and see Tonto dike killing one big snake here grin

Modified:
Yes to your question. Any problem with that?

Mind you life is all about how you view or rate yourself. Come as a B!tch then you get bones but come like a Queen and ascend the throne with ur king!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by crackhaus: 11:37am On Aug 05, 2016
Although the automatic response from the females will be instant disgust, there a valid point to be noted here.

We all, well some of us, know that the idea of a bride-price traditionally signifies purity in a woman in the truest sense of the word - this can then be transcribed to mean virginity.
But of course, like most of everything else, it has been watered down and turned into a money-making scheme for certain people.

The attendant question being Is bride-price necessary after all this, has to be met with a resounding NO from anyone who is thinking clearly without bias or a guilt-trip.

We should ask ourselves these questions:
Why should a previously sexually-active Nigerian girl with a trail of ex-boyfriends have a bride-price as a prerequisite for her marriage?
What would be the rationale behind it?

I specify 'Nigerian' to create some wiggle-room for those people who have mentally become attaché/gum-body to another nationality that is neither their birthplace nor archeological/historical domicile.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by crackhaus: 11:40am On Aug 05, 2016
jashar:

smiley
Does it matter?

Remember he won't be the one needing something to be paid/bought on his head before he can be married.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Oloniyan(m): 11:56am On Aug 05, 2016
crackhaus:
Although the automatic response from the females will be instant disgust, there a valid point to be noted here.

We all, well some of us, know that the idea of a bride-price traditionally signifies purity in a woman in the truest sense of the word - this can then be transcribed to mean virginity.
But of course, like most of everything else, it has been watered down and turned into a money-making scheme for certain people.

The attendant question being Is bride-price necessary after all this?, has to be met with a resounding NO from anyone who is thinking clearly without bias or a guilt-trip.

We should ask ourselves these questions:
Why should a previously sexually-active Nigerian girl with a trail of ex-boyfriends have a [i]bride-price as a prerequisite for her marriage?[/i]
What would be the rationale behind it?

I specify 'Nigerian' to create some wiggle-room for those people who have mentally become attaché/gum-body to another nationality that is neither their birthplace nor archeological/historical domicile.

The bold part nailed it. We ought to be paying for their purity not their iniquity. Though it's love that matter most in marriage but that sense of trust also does.

You ought to trust your wife enough whenever you ain't around, but how much will you trust someone that you met almost exhausted of that thing naw grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 05, 2016
It is a necessity.

Those who mess them up have to marry them.

After you finish sleeping with dozens of women as a bachelor, you have to prepare sometime in your life to go and prostrate before the father/family of a girl whom dozens of other men have slept with. You also tacitly or expressly beg for her to be handed to you in marriage , while assuming that position. Though it doesn't always happen this way, but the universe usually balances itself out.

Conclusively, op, if you have slept with one or several ladies yourself, it is high time you started saving to get your brideprice ready for the D-day. You may want to refer to what I said earlier about the balancing act of the universe too, in case you are one of those men.

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by crackhaus: 12:10pm On Aug 05, 2016
Oloniyan:

The bold part nailed it. We ought to be paying for their purity not their iniquity. Though it's love that matter most in marriage but that sense of trust also does.

You ought to trust your wife enough whenever you ain't around, but how much will you trust someone that you met almost exhausted of that thing naw grin
Guy, the only solution is for the practice to be abolished so that girls and boys can do what they want with their bodies before marriage.

Everybody wins and everybody is happy...

Ermm, no wait...not everybody will be happy, some women are still dreaming of how they will hammer through bride-list. cheesy

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 05, 2016
jashar:
smiley
Does that answer his question?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 05, 2016
Gaborone:
It is a necessity.

Those who mess them up have to marry them.

After you finish sleeping with dozens of women as a bachelor, you have to prepare sometime in your life to go and prostrate before the father/family of a girl whom dozens of other men have slept with. You also tacitly or expressly beg for her to be handed to you in marriage , while assuming that position. Though it doesn't always happen this way, but the universe usually balances itself out.

Conclusively, op, if you have slept with one or several ladies yourself, it is high time you started saving to get your brideprice ready for the D-day. You may want to refer to what I said earlier about the balancing act of the universe too, in case you are one of those men.
Calm your tițs, miss.

What if he's never slept with any lady and will not do so till marriage? What would your answer to his question be?

24 Likes

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Oloniyan(m): 12:39pm On Aug 05, 2016
iAmCharis:
Calm your tițs, miss.

What if he's never slept with any lady and will not do so till marriage? What would your answer to his question be?

This man is really giving it to them o. Even to their face grin

8 Likes

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by veekid(m): 1:24pm On Aug 05, 2016
You will pay oooo
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Trailblazer1(m): 1:24pm On Aug 05, 2016
grin
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by ayusco85(m): 1:25pm On Aug 05, 2016
Blame poverty bro. A girl that has had lesser Sexual partner is from a better well to do family. So hw bout to go after girls from well to do homes

2 Likes

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by handysuzy(f): 1:26pm On Aug 05, 2016
ayusco85:
Space

Booked
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by badaoyeyemi(f): 1:26pm On Aug 05, 2016
Bb
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by mysticgal(f): 1:27pm On Aug 05, 2016
I think you should look for a virgin as a wife undecided
And Then dump all those your female friends and get virgin ones

4 Likes

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Goldenheart(m): 1:27pm On Aug 05, 2016
Nope.....it isnt
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Francis95(m): 1:28pm On Aug 05, 2016
For any Igbo Lady,

YES!!!!
cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 05, 2016
I feel your grievances, friend, especially when subsequently what a man paid heavily for is not valuable and worthy enough as it turns out. But I would ask, do we pay brideprice for some kind of sensual rewards or to honour the woman we so heartily love no matter her flaws, weaknesses and shortcomings? Perhaps we do this to honour ourselves, our family, our coming children and the word of God?

While I vehemently subscribe to the fact that he who reaps seed deserves it as much as he who reaps weed, I wouldn't nonetheless neglect how unique and remarkable staunch love can be in the transition of weed to seed, overlooking the flaws, weaknesses and past actions.

I should say, if brideprice is a determinant of marriage, and marriage is of love, brideprice is therefore a determinant of love.

And what is love? Isn't it the putting of past mistakes behind each other?

14 Likes

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Pavore9: 1:29pm On Aug 05, 2016
There are some communities if bride price was never paid, if you like make their daughter born 8 children for you.......no be you get the children! Just watch where you are going to get a wife without bride price, after all no be by force to marry! cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by RealJaneDoe: 1:29pm On Aug 05, 2016
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Lexxyburg(m): 1:29pm On Aug 05, 2016
If no be me burst am, I doubt say I fit marry am.

IMO she doesn't.
Tokunbo price diff from tear rubber.

1 Like

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by oluwasegun007(m): 1:30pm On Aug 05, 2016
it depend on the market wey u go buy d bride.....

we get bend down select market

we get mobile stores......

we get super market....etc

2 Likes

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Titilayooni(f): 1:31pm On Aug 05, 2016
One man's EX that was dumped,taken advantage of is another man's treasure ...and so if this man wanna wife her,he must pay her bride price caause ts d only thing done to recognize been married&he. Is marrying her irrespective of her past. ie author=Oloniyan post=48198369]Why She Does Not Deserve That Bride Price.

Let me start by saying I have a number of female friends -platonic friendship, I mean - with different shapes and shades. Some I grew up together with, while others, I met through different avenues like the media, school et all - just like every other guy out there. As mature ladies, almost all of them have had their 'fair' share of relationships with different experiences that, if only they could add it to their CVs, would qualify them as 'veterans' on the 'job'.

From what I have seen, and from what they have told me, many guys have dumped them, and they have dumped many guys. A number of them have had up to 10 boyfriends/sexual partners, some have had much less or much.

Virtually all are in their early 20s. The very bold ones among them have described their sexual experiences which sometimes include oral (cunnilingus and MouthAction) and even anal sex. Some have even had to terminated one or two pregnancies for guys who later dumped them or in some cases, who they later dumped.

Yours truly, each time they tell me this, my body recoils in disgust. I wish I could help it. But oftentimes I can't but begin to imagine the sexual act: how the guy handles her the way he pleases, insert his hand-no matter how filthy- into even the most intimate place in her body , twists and turns her to mimic a dog, a monkey etc ,while she moans away..............And this is not 1 guy, not 2 and sometimes, not 10!

From what I have seen, It seems to me my friends (the girls) are always 'on heat'. Because as soon as a guy dumps them, they jump at another, and the 'sexual circuit' is never broken.

The funny thing is, my friends have not done anything unusual , because that is what most girls do these days. It has become a norm, not an exception! Well, Its a modern world-at least , that is what they say- and I seem to be outdated in the way I feel about them. But I think they would also agree with me that we should forgo the ERA OF BRIDE PRICE, because they don't deserve it!

Why do I have to pay for what some guys have had for free?!Why do I have to pay over a girl whose private parts still drip of the Fluid of other guys?! No tell me, why do I have to pay over a girl who has carried and aborted pregnancies for some other guys who had her with little or nothing?!

Fine, I know a woman has much more to offer than sex in marriage. But she has definitely reduced her value with those sexual escapades. All a man lives for is EGO and self esteem. She has denied me that EGO and pride over her, at least, not when many other guys out there know the exact locations of the scars and birth marks in her private parts............and of course her 'ringtones'!
#Copied

Cc Lalasticlala can you imagine? ishilove talk o grin[/quote]
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by spartoo: 1:31pm On Aug 05, 2016
jashar:

smiley

I knew a lady was goin2 ask this question..

they will always look for a way to make u feel guilty or justify unholy deeds undecided

12 Likes

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Philinho(m): 1:32pm On Aug 05, 2016
No bride price no party. Period

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child / Six Effective Ways You Can Cut Cost In These Hard Times / Somebody Is Trying To Molest My Neighbour's Six-Year-Old Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.