Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,908 members, 7,821,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

The Commonwealth Responds OEAS On Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Commonwealth Responds OEAS On Biafra (2208 Views)

Revealed!: European Union LastYear Advice To IPOB, OEAS 4 Guaranteed Referendum / Governor Ambode Responds Swiftly To Akobi Crescent Flood Crisis ( Pics&videos) / Emmanuel Ifeajuna: Commonwealth Games Gold To Facing A Firing Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Commonwealth Responds OEAS On Biafra by DeleteNonsense: 5:16am On Aug 05, 2016
The Commonwealth of Nations has taken notice of the May All Biafra Conference sponsored by The Organization of Emerging African States – OEAS. The All Biafra Conference had requested the Commonwealth expel Nigeria for its crimes committed in Biafraland. The Commonwealth Secretariat has responded as follows.
Dear Dr. Levy The Secretary-General of the Commonwealth of Nations, The Rt Hon Patricia Scotland QC, has asked me to thank you for writing on behalf of Dr Ebenezer Akwanga, Secretary-General of the Organisation of Emerging African States, and for drawing to her attention his concern about matters relating to Nigeria and Biafra. I am asked to assure you that the matters raised in your correspondence, and in the accompanying document from the All Biafra Conference held in Accra, Ghana, 27-31 May 2016, have been noted by the Secretary-General of the Commonwealth of Nations. Yours sincerely, David Banks Public Affairs Adviser to the Secretary-General Secretary-General’s Office http://naija247news.com/2016/07/the-commonwealth-responds-oeas-on-biafra/
Re: The Commonwealth Responds OEAS On Biafra by FanYogo1(f): 5:19am On Aug 05, 2016
So how soon can we start offering visa in Yorubaland?

Mynd, take time o. No come ban me anyhow.

4 Likes

Re: The Commonwealth Responds OEAS On Biafra by DeleteNonsense: 5:22am On Aug 05, 2016
FanYogo1:

grin
FanYogo1:

Re: The Commonwealth Responds OEAS On Biafra by kettykin: 5:42am On Aug 05, 2016
FanYogo1:

Worth less visa that rides on the crest of blocking other people's chances of diving out of a sinking ship

8 Likes

Re: The Commonwealth Responds OEAS On Biafra by kettykin: 5:47am On Aug 05, 2016
FanYogo1:

Worth less visa that rides on the crest of blocking other people's chances of diving out of a sinking ship , the same people who have just back pedalled on the push to restructure nigeria along regional lines or out right break up.

Why on earth would anyone seek visa to Yorubaland if not because nigeria chose to fight international Airports and deep sea ports in other zones and chose to put all the federal government agencies in lagos, consulate houses, oil company headquarters and bank headquarters in lagos

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Commonwealth Responds OEAS On Biafra by Nobody: 5:57am On Aug 05, 2016
kettykin:

Worth less visa that rides on the crest of blocking other people's chances of diving out of a sinking ship , the same people who have just back pedalled on the push to restructure nigeria along regional lines or out right break up.

Why on earth would anyone seek visa to Yorubaland if not because nigeria chose to fight international Airports and deep sea ports in other zones and chose to put all the federal government agencies in lagos, consulate houses, oil company headquarters and bank headquarters in lagos
i dont think government dictates to bank and oil company(private instituitions) on where to site their headquarters though.

Most federal if not all federal agencies have relocated to abuja as well, even as far back as the 1980's. My aunty retired from a federal agency when the HQ was moved to abuja in the mid 80's.

I am not sure of embassies, but i believe embassies are sighted in major cities because of human traffic and for safety reasons.

There are many non yorubas scattered all over the sw especially ibadan, not just lagos. Most of my colleagues and friends that were igbo back in oau were born and bred in Ibadan.

3 Likes

Re: The Commonwealth Responds OEAS On Biafra by FanYogo1(f): 6:43am On Aug 05, 2016
kettykin:

lmaooooo grin grin grin I hope it's not me you're trying to convince. Convince your people who are hopping on buses to enter Yorubaland. grin

When Ogun became the commercial hub under your eyes, what were your governors and leaders doing? How many oil companies, bank headquarters, federal agencies etc dey in Ogun?

Please provide another excuse.

I no go pity you when your visa is denied grin

6 Likes

Re: The Commonwealth Responds OEAS On Biafra by FanYogo1(f): 6:48am On Aug 05, 2016
princey83:

i dont think government dictates to bank and oil company(private instituitions) on where to site their headquarters though.

Most federal if not all federal agencies have relocated to abuja as well, even as far back as the 1980's. My aunty retired from a federal agency when the HQ was moved to abuja in the mid 80's.

I am not sure of embassies, but i believe embassies are sighted in major cities because of human traffic and for safety reasons.

There are many non yorubas scattered all over the sw especially ibadan, not just lagos. Most of my colleagues and friends that were igbo back in oau were born and bred in Ibadan.

No mind that one. See as frustration grab his body. grin grin grin grin

Just pity his kind. They're the ones hawking ugwu in Lagos.

4 Likes

Re: The Commonwealth Responds OEAS On Biafra by ckmayoca: 7:07am On Aug 05, 2016
FanYogo1:

For govt work or so private work or to go and use electricity or like it's not a west African state or cos they left? My country citizens, una too funny.
Re: The Commonwealth Responds OEAS On Biafra by FanYogo1(f): 7:11am On Aug 05, 2016
ckmayoca:

For govt work or so private work or to go and use electricity or like it's not a west African state or cos they left? My country citizens, una too funny.
Nigga, wtf are you saying? Go sleep.
Re: The Commonwealth Responds OEAS On Biafra by OlanreJohnson: 7:13am On Aug 05, 2016
kettykin:

Without Nigeria, yorubaland won't be differrent from Benin republic-their TRUE BROTHERS that they should unite with.

5 Likes

Re: The Commonwealth Responds OEAS On Biafra by FanYogo1(f): 7:15am On Aug 05, 2016
OlanreJohnson:

Without Nigeria, yorubaland won't be differrent from Benin republic-their TRUE BROTHERS that they should unite with.

Without Lagos and Yorubaland, Igboland won't be any different from South Sudan. Never forget that the West made you. Without Lagos, where would you be hawking fanyogos? Your trading in Ibadan, Akure and Lagos helped you "develop" the SE.

4 Likes

Re: The Commonwealth Responds OEAS On Biafra by OlanreJohnson: 7:21am On Aug 05, 2016
princey83:

Step 1: Government develops your land with oil money during 30 years of state as a CAPital city. Building the only viable airports and seaport there.

Step 2: People move from rural areas migrate to that Federal government develop urban city. Companies go to where they can find the human resources and other infrastructure

Step 3: Due to the uneven spread of that infrastructural development, population explodes in that solely developed city, it even resonates even when the capital is moved from there.

Step 4: yoruba then claim the city was never developed by FG. Throughout it's 30 years as a capital city.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Commonwealth Responds OEAS On Biafra by FanYogo1(f): 7:26am On Aug 05, 2016
OlanreJohnson:

Step 1: Government develops your land with oil money during 30 years of state as a CAPital city. Building the only viable airports and seaport there.

Step 2: People move from rural areas migrate to that Federal government develop urban city. Companies go to where they can find the human resources and other infrastructure

Step 3: Due to the uneven spread of that infrastructural development, population explodes in that solely developed city, it even resonates even when the capital is moved from there.

Step 4: yoruba then claim the city was never developed by FG.

Igboland receives allocation funds, so why is it still retrogressive?

Which state in Nigeria doesn't receive oil money?

Lagos hasn't been a capital for years. Abuja has been our capital for years, but it's still not as busy and lively as Lagos. Why aren't people rushing there?

Ogun is not a capital, but businesses are rushing there.

Yorubaland is blessed. You can give 100 steps, but nothing can excuse Iboland's retrogression.

5 Likes

Re: The Commonwealth Responds OEAS On Biafra by OlanreJohnson: 7:26am On Aug 05, 2016
FanYogo1:

[s]Without Lagos and Yorubaland, Igboland won't be any different from South Sudan. Never forget that the West made you. Without Lagos, where would you be hawking fanyogos? Your trading in Ibadan, Akure and Lagos helped you "develop" the SE. [/s]

Without FG development of lagos with oil money where will your mothers hawk lacasera? Oshogbo?

Niger delta Oil made yorubaland. Stay away from oil and unite with your brethren in Benin republic. Let's see how far you'll go.

4 Likes

Re: The Commonwealth Responds OEAS On Biafra by FanYogo1(f): 7:32am On Aug 05, 2016
OlanreJohnson:

Without FG development of lagos with oil money where will your mothers hawk lacasera? Oshogbo?

Niger delta Oil made yorubaland. Stay away from oil and unite with your brethren in Benin republic. Let's see how far you'll go.

Lies upon lies by these ugwu hawking Ibos.

Niger Delta oil made Nigeria. It made Iboland. The different between Lagos and Anambra/Abia/etc is that Lagos can generate enough IGR to sustain itself.

Ibos, don't blame Yorubas for your region' slack of development. Blame your leaders for squandering the ND oil money allocations they received.

4 Likes

Re: The Commonwealth Responds OEAS On Biafra by OlanreJohnson: 6:22pm On Aug 05, 2016
FanYogo1:

Igboland receives allocation funds, so why is it still retrogressive?

Which state in Nigeria doesn't receive oil money?

Lagos hasn't been a capital for years. Abuja has been our capital for years, but it's still not as busy and lively as Lagos. Why aren't people rushing there?

Ogun is not a capital, but businesses are rushing there.

Yorubaland is blessed. You can give 100 steps, but nothing can excuse Iboland's retrogression.

So you want us to equate all the oil trillions Lagos got for more than 30 years as capital to the meagre funds the SE and SS got?

When Abacha was alive he allocated only 2 million naira for construction of all federal roads in SE. You yorubas think everybody is daft while you the only smart people but unfortunately you lots are the daftest beings south of nigeria. grin grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Commonwealth Responds OEAS On Biafra by FanYogo1(f): 6:28pm On Aug 05, 2016
OlanreJohnson:

So you want us to equate all the oil trillions Lagos got for more than 30 years as capital to the meagre funds the SE and SS got?

When Abacha was alive he allocated only 2 million naira for construction of all federal roads in SE. You yorubas think everybody is daft while you the only smart people but unfortunately you lots are the daftest beings south of nigeria. grin grin grin grin

Why shouldn't Lagos get all the trillions when it's the state that is burdened with mass migration, having to provide infrastructure for millions of fanyogo hawkers escaping the East? Infact, Lagos should get more than it currently gets.

Lol @ billions.

We're the daftest people indeed grin grin grin The daftest Nigerians are the ones that trade all over the SW/N, claim to develop other regions while their own is plagued with low economic activity. grin grin grin

The IGR Lagos made in 2015 is more than all SE states together.

2 Likes

Re: The Commonwealth Responds OEAS On Biafra by Godemcee(m): 6:45pm On Aug 05, 2016
See as yeeboes they vent there frustration on s.west likesay na we curse them with bad leaders,they keep saying oil money developed lagos,I wonder if there governors reject money from oil,or is it money from palm oil nd ugu they use to biuld the little infrastructures in there region,sill hypocrites.
I hopeu get ur biafraso u can quit bitching,ogun state is richer than all s.east state while they keep hating

1 Like

Re: The Commonwealth Responds OEAS On Biafra by DeleteNonsense: 7:27pm On Aug 05, 2016
OlanreJohnson:

grin grin grin
Re: The Commonwealth Responds OEAS On Biafra by MXrep: 8:55pm On Aug 05, 2016
LOl, yorubas are jokers. Lagos has nothing but government backed monopoly. Lagos monopoly is actually a threat to yorubaland itself. Igbos, being highly mobile do not give a fvck about your tantrums, we will continue the economic invasion of Lagos and other places getting unfair advantage from the skewed system, take our share and repatriate home. If you are angry just declare your sovereignty, lets separate and see who will progress more.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Commonwealth Responds OEAS On Biafra by MXrep: 9:00pm On Aug 05, 2016
FanYogo1:

Why shouldn't Lagos get all the trillions when it's the state that is burdened with mass migration, having to provide infrastructure for millions of fanyogo hawkers escaping the East? Infact, Lagos should get more than it currently gets.

Lol @ billions.

We're the daftest people indeed grin grin grin The daftest Nigerians are the ones that trade all over the SW/N, claim to develop other regions while their own is plagued with low economic activity. grin grin grin

The IGR Lagos made in 2015 is more than all SE states together.

you all like living a foools paradise. a very typical yoruba state is oyo state. don't even think of nomansland or using data contributed by non yorubas living there to decieve yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Commonwealth Responds OEAS On Biafra by FanYogo1(f): 9:06pm On Aug 05, 2016
MXrep:

you all like living a foools paradise. a very typical yoruba state is oyo state. don't even think of nomansland or using data contributed by non yorubas living there to decieve yourself.

A very typical Yoruba state is all the states in the SW; Lagos, Oyo, Ogun, Ondo etc. All these states can pull in investors.

A very typical Igbo state can't even get their own people to invest in that erosive enclave.

1 Like

Re: The Commonwealth Responds OEAS On Biafra by Olabestonic001(m): 10:32am On Aug 06, 2016
Godemcee:
See as yeeboes they vent there frustration on s.west likesay na we curse them with bad leaders,they keep saying oil money developed lagos,I wonder if there governors reject money from oil,or is it money from palm oil nd ugu they use to biuld the little infrastructures in there region,sill hypocrites.
I hopeu get ur biafraso u can quit bitching,ogun state is richer than all s.east state while they keep hating

Even if they get Biafra, they'll still blame Yoruba's for their headaches in the next 1000yrs. They're cry cry babies; unable to grow up.

1 Like

Re: The Commonwealth Responds OEAS On Biafra by DeleteNonsense: 9:40am On Aug 08, 2016
MXrep:
LOl, yorubas are jokers. Lagos has nothing but government backed monopoly. Lagos monopoly is actually a threat to yorubaland itself. Igbos, being highly mobile do not give a fvck about your tantrums, we will continue the economic invasion of Lagos and other places getting unfair advantage from the skewed system, take our share and repatriate home. If you are angry just declare your sovereignty, lets separate and see who will progress more.
Hausa have one time want out of this contraption (shouted araba), igbo want out of this contraption also but yoruba is afraid of staying alone you have to know that.
Re: The Commonwealth Responds OEAS On Biafra by rlauncher(m): 2:04pm On Aug 08, 2016
kettykin:

Yoruba people have not backpedaled on restructuring contrary to the believe of some people. Rather, there is a general understanding among Yoruba people that Nigeria cannot be restructured while a northerner is in power. Therefore the focus right now how we can make the best of the situation until the political atmosphere is right for restructuring.

If you need airports or seaports in your in your state(s), the Federal Government will not deny your state the approval. The question is how do you and your state government attract private investors to develop it. The truth is, those who complain about lack of functional airport or seaport in their states are really not doing anything about it other than complain.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria In A State Of Mini Civil War - Military Ops In All 6 Geopolitical Zones. / NIMSA Gets New President, Other Excos At Zaria's Conference / Ipob Yoots And Death Rumour Mongers Have Inadvertently Made Buhari More Popular

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.