Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims (30562 Views)

The Currency Exchange Rates For Today, August 1, 2017 / FOREX Users Dump BDCs As Naira/dollar Rates Converge / Many Companies Will Start Closing Shop Due To CBN Forex Policy – MAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by gbishman: 2:29pm On Aug 05, 2016
I am of the opinion that religion is a personal thing and has nothing to do with government funding.
Enough of this waste on pilgrimages, be it Christian or Muslims.
All this money can be channeled towards better endevours like health, education and all what not.
Religion in my view has been cause of the worlds confusion.
Just keep your religious issues to yourself.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by olaitan9291(m): 2:33pm On Aug 05, 2016
neocortex:

How does going to hajj benefit you and other Nigerians ?

please, how does Christian pilgrimage benefits Nigeria and Nigerian, that buhari approved N160/Dollar for their last pilgrimage?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by kishimi8(m): 2:37pm On Aug 05, 2016
EpicMaurice:
Just make sure you people also subsidise the dollar for the christians going on jerusalem pilgrimage.....or else.......
That was done last year around August to November, just Google it, it was even 167 for Christian pilgrims, so don't point fingers,

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by Paperwhite(m): 2:44pm On Aug 05, 2016
Progressive01:
smiley

Some iDaft Yoots have started with their show of shame yet again. They would NEVER learn from the past.

They wake up every morning with belly aching from the hatred it's filled with and start crawling all over the place spitting venomous saliva, trying desperately to infect others with the disease which took hold of them since their stupid god lost an election.

In just a couple of months, just like they were shamed in the ambassadorial screening saga, the Ese Oruru saga, the Enugu state street hawking saga, the Enugu state HoA saga, PDP zoning saga and the countless rest of them, they will be forced to feed on their own excrement on this as well.

We saw it happen last year and I bet it will happen this time too.

Play politics with tact, wisdom and without all that emotions and bitterness- they would never listen.

Intelligent folks have been insisting from the word go government hands off sponsorship of this charade be it for Muslims or Christians. A man's relationship with their God is a personal and private affair and should remain so. Anyone who wants to go visit some shithole they call holly land ANYWHERE should do so from their pockets. Pilgrimage has never been a prerequisite for salvation anywhere in the bible or qur'an (abi how una dey spell am sef).

This nonsense propaganda from certain idiots trying desperately to paint Baba as what he isn't failed before the election when they spared no expense to do so, and it will not succeed now either. But being the idiots these people are, they'd keep on this trajectory even if it means their death because that seems to be the only armoury they've got in their arsenal.

Na una go tire.
You need to deliver yourself from this self-inflicted bondage.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by Standing5(m): 2:48pm On Aug 05, 2016
obailala:
This isn't an ancestral matter, this is just a case of self inflicted trauma. Even Jonathan and PDP that lost the election have since moved on. But some die-hard supporters just want to kill themselves over nothing; now they keep losing their minds everyday.
Bros try and be mature on this thread. Stop derailing serious topic of discussion into election and party issue. Does it make sense to use scarce dollar for pilgrimage when people are dying of hunger and whe lack same dollar to import machinery with which to boost agric output?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by emymeeky: 2:51pm On Aug 05, 2016
Progressive01:
[s] smiley

Some iDaft Yoots have started with their show of shame yet again. They would NEVER learn from the past.

They wake up every morning with belly aching from the hatred it's filled with and start crawling all over the place spitting venomous saliva, trying desperately to infect others with the disease which took hold of them since their stupid god lost an election.

In just a couple of months, just like they were shamed in the ambassadorial screening saga, the Ese Oruru saga, the Enugu state street hawking saga, the Enugu state HoA saga, PDP zoning saga and the countless rest of them, they will be forced to feed on their own excrement on this as well.

Play politics with tact, wisdom and without all that emotions and bitterness- they would never listen.

Intelligent folks have been insisting from the word go government hands off sponsorship of this charade be it for Muslims or Christians. A man's relationship with their God is a personal and private affair and should remain so. Anyone who wants to go visit some shithole they call holly land ANYWHERE should do so from their pockets. Pilgrimage has never been a prerequisite for salvation anywhere in the bible or qur'an (abi how una dey spell am sef).

This nonsense propaganda from certain idiots trying desperately to paint Baba as what he isn't failed before the election when they spared no expense to do so, and it will not succeed now either. But being the idiots these people are, they'd keep on this trajectory even if it means their death because that seems to be the only armoury they've got in their arsenal.

Na una go tire.[/s]

Don't derail the thread

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by neocortex: 2:55pm On Aug 05, 2016
olaitan9291:

please, how does Christian pilgrimage benefits Nigeria and Nigerian, that buhari approved N160/Dollar for their last pilgrimage?

Face the topic!
A confused government is wasting Nigeria's money on frivolous vacations
and all you could say his "christian also benefitted"
What is my business with christian pilgrims, they owe me no explanation
it is the irresponsible government who thinks sponsoring exotic vacations
is an achievement that has to be blamed.

It is the mentality of "It is my turn to chop" that is gradually sinking Nigeria.

All government's monetary sponsorship of religious activities is wrong and
must be condemned.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 05, 2016
olaitan9291:

Thanks for enlightening them

Do not fall for that shit. Last year exchange rate was less than 190 then but today it is close to 400 did you see the difference.

The bottom line is there is no justification for subsiding religious jamboree while students are being forced to buy dollars at parallel market rate.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 05, 2016
The Christian zombies will not like this grin angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by damon222: 2:56pm On Aug 05, 2016
adajiboyy:
FFK,FAYOSE has said this many times but some people would choose to be blinded by hatred for the duo and reject the message and the messenger.isn't it clearing this man called buhari has an agenda to make we christain as second class citizens in our country.sometimes I wonder if this APC people has jazzed some nigerians that they choose to support them even when its clear this guys have no idea to take this nation forward.all nigerian politicians are big fuckers I hate them all but I choose not to be blinded when I see the truth been said.but buhari hear this u can't islamatise this country kukuma we go use war scatter am finish
It shall be well. I am yet to see a very wicked man like Buhari. But the end justifies the end. We are watching hopelessly but God is watch too.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by GeneralEmenogu: 2:58pm On Aug 05, 2016
Summ foolish and ignoramus individuals wil suport such an act. Y are we fooling ourself?. Buhari buhari buhari!!u and ur generation wil suffer it. Dis man hv hiden agender. I fear wat wil bkam of 9ja in d near future.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 05, 2016
kishimi8:

That was done last year around August to November, just Google it, it was even 167 for Christian pilgrims, so don't point fingers,

Stop being ridiculous. Yes when it was done last the difference between the official price and subsidized price was less than 30 naira. But the difference between the official today and the hajj subsidized prices is well over 200 naira.

Who is fooling who, he should have at least subsidized the hajj trip by the same margin.

However, in my opinion there is no justification for subsidizing fx for religion jamboree whereas students are forced to buy at parallel market rate.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by erusen: 3:00pm On Aug 05, 2016
olaitan9291:
We have to be rational, when the president, Muhammad buhari approved N160/Dollar for Christian pilgrimage no one comment but N197/Dollar now you are writing without thinking. And what you must understand is that a Dollar is N197 officially, and transporting Nigerians to another country for pilgrimage is official, be it to Jerusalem or Saudi Arabia so what cause all this if not hatred. We are all Nigerian.
Christian pilgrim which version of Christians go on pilgrim,which domination?,how many Christian go,seriously give me image Nigeria Christians in Jerusalem,

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by erusen: 3:03pm On Aug 05, 2016
olaitan9291:

which Christian ,where is it in the doctrine of Christianity that people travel to anywhere, give me links of Christians at such places,the government should not fund any religion

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 05, 2016
olaitan9291:

N160 against N198 vs N197 against N400 do the math and stop being ridiculous.

What was govt response to the plight of Nigerian students with regards to FX?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by erusen: 3:05pm On Aug 05, 2016
olaitan9291:

which Christian ,where is it in the doctrine of Christianity that people travel to anywhere, give me links of Christians at such places,the government should not fund any religion,by the way what time of the year do Christians go for this pilgrim
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by actright2(m): 3:10pm On Aug 05, 2016
What is wrong with Nigerians!
Please compare from the below.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by obailala(m): 3:14pm On Aug 05, 2016
Standing5:
Bros try and be mature on this thread. Stop derailing serious topic of discussion into election and party issue. Does it make sense to use scarce dollar for pilgrimage when people are dying of hunger and whe lack same dollar to import machinery with which to boost agric output?
Derailment?... Mr Man, next time try and trace the origin of a discussion between two people instead of just diving-in midway uninvited and jumping into pointless conclusions.
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 05, 2016
Abeymilll oloribu ni e oooo, senseless he goat, old enough to be ur father, next time respect ur elders,ok
Abeymills:
Buhari there is God o d position u ocupy 2day is temporal watever evil n destruction of our peace progress n unity as a nation u do will hunt u n ur entire generations
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by overlord77: 3:22pm On Aug 05, 2016
Progressive01:
smiley

Na una go tire.

Dude, please explain to me again how all these words you just mumbled defends the CBN letter or are you implying it's forged? So someone went through all these troubles just to paint your baba bad cos I totally don't understand the venomous, bitter folks you speak of.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by olusogo: 3:27pm On Aug 05, 2016
neocortex:

How does going to hajj benefit you and other Nigerians ?

The satisfaction of a people is a function of their values. Amongst peace loving Nigeria are those who perform holy pilgrimage to Jerusalem and Mecca. Nigerian government deem it fit to subsidize exchange rate to ease their traveling for what they believe.
You have been so engrossed with hatred for anything associating with Islam, but you forget muslims are part of Nigeria. There is no part of Nigeria they are not active. They are also tax payers. Please check your blood pressure and stop calling for Buhari's head. Respect others right.
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 05, 2016
actright2:
What is wrong with Nigerians!
Please compare from the below.

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 05, 2016
These people are suffering the masses deliberately cry cry cry.
Mr president has the list of all the states who voted for him massively at the general elections, his to-do list is strictly by the list.

Lady's and gents, please endure for the rest of the tenure, you haven't seen any shiit yet wink
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by obailala(m): 3:34pm On Aug 05, 2016
overlord77:

Dude, please explain to me again how all these words you just mumbled defends the CBN letter or are you implying it's forged? So someone went through all these troubles just to paint your baba bad cos I totally don't understand the venomous, bitter folks you speak of.
The person you quoted was responding to someone in the post you quoted; sometimes you know you could simply just spare a second to read through the trail of the discussion firstly, else you would never be able to understand what the person you quoted was talking about.
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by abduljabbar4(m): 3:35pm On Aug 05, 2016
adajiboyy:
FFK,FAYOSE has said this many times but some people would choose to be blinded by hatred for the duo and reject the message and the messenger.isn't it clearing this man called buhari has an agenda to make we christain as second class citizens in our country.sometimes I wonder if this APC people has jazzed some nigerians that they choose to support them even when its clear this guys have no idea to take this nation forward.all nigerian politicians are big fuckers I hate them all but I choose not to be blinded when I see the truth been said.but buhari hear this u can't islamatise this country kukuma we go use war scatter am finish

Bla bla bla
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by abduljabbar4(m): 3:38pm On Aug 05, 2016
HurtgenForest:

You must understand that some people are destined to shout 'sai baba' for the rest of their lives here on earth.

To these ones, buhari is the lord & saviour and can never be wrong.

These ones are omenka/progressive01, Obailala, aresa/arresa/aressa, vedaxcool, etc.
Just like the way you worship people that take you for granted e.g fayose

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 05, 2016
olusogo:

The satisfaction of a people is a function of their values. Amongst peace loving Nigeria are those who perform holy pilgrimage to Jerusalem and Mecca. Nigerian government deem it fit to subsidize exchange rate to ease their traveling for what they believe.
You have been so engrossed with hatred for anything associating with Islam, but you forget muslims are part of Nigeria. There is no part of Nigeria they are not active. They are also tax payers. Please check your blood pressure and stop calling for Buhari's head. Respect others right.

Stop being so simple minded, given the current economic situation I dont think that was a smart move.

For a nation to prosper it must place the education of its youth above any religion, tell me the subsidy that has been granted to Nigerians who need fx for their education pursuit?
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by Richy4(m): 3:40pm On Aug 05, 2016
snakie86:
This policy has been in existence since only when God knows, FG subsidize dollar rate for the yearly pilgrimage. If i dont know any, am still very sure for last year that it was sold at N160 to $1 for 2015 pilgrimage when the official rate was N197 to $1. This was for both muslim and Christian pilgrims of 2015.

More reason why there is a ceiling to how much individuals can buy and banks are expected to make returns to CBN after sales.

We must not turn everything to politics rather what we should be clamouring for is government removing her hand from religious activities. If you want to go for your religious activities, its your problem and you should be able to fund the cost rather than using tax payers money that will be useful somewhere else for some certain religious activities that will only benefit little

It was not about politics...How much do u think those parent, whose kids were studying abroad buy it..... Don't u think there should be alittle empathy towards them especially some of them that has been studying before this present Government came in to be...
There are some middle class parent who felt they can afford to send their kids abroad for good education.. but since this govt started, it has been hard on them... What will pilgrimage add to the country? but those kids might finish and decide to come back to make the country and it's economy great...
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by columbus007(m): 3:42pm On Aug 05, 2016
To HELL with dem all,does he still think he will live the next 20yrs? Generation unborn will always remember him for his stiff-neck+his wickedness.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by kishimi8(m): 3:51pm On Aug 05, 2016
woodcook:

Stop being ridiculous. Yes when it was done last the difference between the official price and subsidized price was less than 30 naira. But the difference between the official today and the hajj subsidized prices is well over 200 naira.

Who is fooling who, he should have at least subsidized the hajj trip by the same margin.

However, in my opinion there is no justification for subsidizing fx for religion jamboree whereas students are forced to buy at parallel market rate.

160 - 197 what was black market rates around December last year? And who told you it's even black market rates they are using its central bank rate which is around 295

not that it is good, but if it's not done it will create other problems, now assuming baba did not do it for Christians last year what do you think the opposition would say, it's all in an effort to balance things out. Moreover I'm very sure without an iota of doubt you won't complain if it were for Christians again, you should stop being ridiculous also
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by omokab: 3:53pm On Aug 05, 2016
adajiboyy:
some of you people have head but no brain. When Buari approved 11m dollars for christian pilgrimage who among you condemn the act. He approved to subsidise it at the rate of 160 to dollar. You can check vanguard newspapers and the nation newspapers of 14 julu,2015. Your greatest problem is to condemn anything you see about islam. Why can't you condemn it when it was approved for Christians. Either you like or not islam is a blessed religion from Almighty Allah(God)
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by iyatrustee(f): 3:56pm On Aug 05, 2016
woodcook:

Can you honestly say that the dollar was N197 as at November 2015? if not why not use the black market rate as at that time since you are quoting N400 now. CBN would only deal with the interbank rate and that is between N310-N315.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Pays Double To Traffic Hawker For Letting Him Drive Off With Goods / How To Register Your Business In Nigeria / Fire Outbreak Around UBA Building Dugbe, Ibadan (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.