Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,750 members, 7,813,465 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

Picture Of Bride Price List Items - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Picture Of Bride Price List Items (8738 Views)

Father Disrupts Daughter’s Wedding In Ghana As Groom Failed To Pay Bride Price / Woman Caught Rubbing The Stomach Of Bride On Her Wedding Day (Video) / Husband Of Bride Who Took Photo With A Mannequin Was Actually Present At Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Picture Of Bride Price List Items by wisestman(m): 10:14pm On Aug 05, 2016
#copied lipsrsealed

Igbo kwenu , all this for one girl alone,just in the name of marriage, Igbo parents easy oooooo , Igbo guys now marry other tribes, cos most of them cannot afford all this. Am not against it though, just saying it should be reduce. I.e some of the items.

SOURCE: https://web.facebook.com/priscaoluchi.okafor.3/posts/1004252026355602?pnref=story

Re: Picture Of Bride Price List Items by OfficialAwol(m): 10:17pm On Aug 05, 2016
If this is what it takes, I guess am gonna be a perpetual eunuch.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Bride Price List Items by Ahmed0336(m): 10:18pm On Aug 05, 2016
For dis hard time? D marriage can wait grin

Enough tissue papers means enough sh*t tongue
Re: Picture Of Bride Price List Items by ahnie: 10:21pm On Aug 05, 2016
The bride parents should just tell the man to open supermarket for them.

And after the husband to bee has BOUGHTed all these things...the father and daughter wee bee like

Re: Picture Of Bride Price List Items by ros5: 10:22pm On Aug 05, 2016
Lol. Me sef never see this type. Biko this is an ebonyi abi afikpo tradition
According to my friend sha that is from there. She called it something. Av forgotten.
Better no generalize am. Lol..
Re: Picture Of Bride Price List Items by writetopoker: 10:22pm On Aug 05, 2016
Afonja liars everywhere. This must be the presents/gifts given to the bride after the traditional rites called "Imara Uzo Ogor".

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture Of Bride Price List Items by nabiz(m): 10:25pm On Aug 05, 2016
grin na so it be for my place ooo
Re: Picture Of Bride Price List Items by ahnie: 10:29pm On Aug 05, 2016
Meanwhile in isoko land...

You wee not get this type of exorbitant price list.

Wee do it according to your pocket grin grin grin
Re: Picture Of Bride Price List Items by KELVINXY: 10:38pm On Aug 05, 2016
ahnie:
Meanwhile in isoko land...

You wee not get this type of exorbitant price list.

Wee do it according to your pocket grin grin grin

mods.
hope she paid for these advert?! grin
Re: Picture Of Bride Price List Items by jopretty(f): 10:39pm On Aug 05, 2016
Looks like a lady gladly moving out of a house to another oo. If a guy bought all these just to marry a lady I bet the lady had better find a job asap if she's not working and also keep her mouth shut cos any feem the guy will use this as a point of reference.
Re: Picture Of Bride Price List Items by ahnie: 10:42pm On Aug 05, 2016
KELVINXY:

mods.
hope she paid for these advert?! grin

Advert iti bawo! grin
Re: Picture Of Bride Price List Items by dlox147(m): 10:47pm On Aug 05, 2016
writetopoker:
Afonja liars everywhere. This must be the presents/gifts given to the bride after the traditional rites called "Imara Uzo Ogor".

with the presence of a gas cooker, you are not far from the truth...."imara uzo ogor " is a done after all marriage rides have been concluded, the relatives of the bride while going to formally know where their daughter have been married to, go with gifts intended to provide the basic home requirements for a family.

The average Igbo bride price is relatively cheaper than other tribes in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Bride Price List Items by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 05, 2016
Shey na 3 wives I wan marry at once?
Re: Picture Of Bride Price List Items by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 05, 2016
Wristbangle, pay this to my parents and I will move in 29t cool cheesy smiley
Re: Picture Of Bride Price List Items by wristbangle: 11:27pm On Aug 05, 2016
HateU2:
Wristbangle, pay this to my parents and I will move in 29t cool cheesy smiley

Lol where is the money?? sad
Re: Picture Of Bride Price List Items by Nobody: 3:17am On Aug 06, 2016
wristbangle:

Lol where is the money?? sad
The one with you naah cheesy. Arab money tongue
Re: Picture Of Bride Price List Items by egift(m): 3:50am On Aug 06, 2016
ros5:
Lol. Me sef never see this type. Biko this is an ebonyi abi afikpo tradition
According to my friend sha that is from there. She called it something. Av forgotten.
Better no generalize am. Lol..

It is called "Idu Ulo" meaning "Sent Forth". Originally these ought to be the items the parents buys for their daughter as a farewell gift for her to start her new home.

Later it became a burden for the Groom and the Bride to share. With too much competition and efforts to show off, it has become a must for the Groom to buy this. The more you guys can display the merrier. You can add a car if you don't mind. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Bride Price List Items by egift(m): 3:57am On Aug 06, 2016
aresa:
This is why they do anything to make money and even carry drugs to places like Indonesia to get death penalty..smh...

Bros, I dey your side, but everything no be fight. Do let it slide. You guys can fight another day or somewhere else. After-all others flog the Groom just to let him know that cane does not kill a married man.
Re: Picture Of Bride Price List Items by wristbangle: 7:59am On Aug 06, 2016
HateU2:
The one with you naah cheesy. Arab money tongue

Lool Arab money ko, Indian money ni. Check ya pm.
Re: Picture Of Bride Price List Items by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 06, 2016
wristbangle:

Lool Arab money ko, Indian money ni. Check ya pm.
I'm now a 'M' oo cheesy
Re: Picture Of Bride Price List Items by wristbangle: 8:14am On Aug 06, 2016
HateU2:
I'm now a 'M' oo cheesy

U go like Money eh! I thought u are different from others cheesy
Re: Picture Of Bride Price List Items by Nobody: 8:40am On Aug 06, 2016
wristbangle:

U go like Money eh! I thought u are different from others cheesy
U hate money abi cheesy
Re: Picture Of Bride Price List Items by AppleofGod(f): 9:08am On Aug 06, 2016
Wedding Rings, Suits, shirt/ Accessories, Wedding Invitation Cards, Bridal Gowns/Accessories @ Juli Collections. 08028356103, 08060206053

Re: Picture Of Bride Price List Items by ros5: 9:32am On Aug 06, 2016
egift:

It is called "Idu Ulo" meaning "Sent Forth". Originally these ought to be the items the parents buys for their daughter as a farewell gift for her to start her new home.

Later it became a burden for the Groom and the Bride to share. With too much competition and efforts to show off, it has become a must for the Groom to buy this. The more you guys can display the merrier. You can add a car if you don't mind. grin grin grin grin
. Lol. Ok

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Bride Price List Items by buharisbae(f): 9:33am On Aug 06, 2016
angry this is too small na.....
If any body bring this crap to me I'll slap his brain
Re: Picture Of Bride Price List Items by Blessograo(f): 10:18am On Aug 06, 2016
Is this a charity event or a kitchen, fashion store and dressing room?
Re: Picture Of Bride Price List Items by comrChris(m): 10:54pm On Aug 22, 2016
only but few of those things were provided by the groom i.e the minor ones on the mat while the rest big ones are being provided by the brides family as sent fort gift to their daughter to use and start her own home, its now like a competition here in afikpo because we consider it as the pride of a woman, i could my sisters own in 2014 we spent close to 700,000 both for the gifts n traditional wedding, it wasn't easy,my mum almost ran mad but after everything she gained her respect like every other woman that has done it for her daughter(s) n till tomorrow the glory will fade.
nvuvu n nkwanwite bring so much honour to any family in afikpo

(1) (Reply)

Ujujoan, Happy Birthday! Nl Men Start Applying, She's Looking For A Boyfriend :d / Abuja Wedding Venue Asap / Decorate Your Wedding Halls And Reception At An Affordable Price.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.