Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,244 members, 7,836,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Outfit Nigerian Team Was To Wear For The RIO Olympics Opening Ceremony - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Outfit Nigerian Team Was To Wear For The RIO Olympics Opening Ceremony (47743 Views)

The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) / Katsuya Takasu Arrives Nigerian Team's Base In Order To Fulfill His Pledge / Rio: Siasia Prepares Nigerian Team Ahead Of Next Match At The Olympics - .PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outfit Nigerian Team Was To Wear For The RIO Olympics Opening Ceremony by snadguy007(m): 5:27pm On Aug 06, 2016
Lol
Re: Outfit Nigerian Team Was To Wear For The RIO Olympics Opening Ceremony by YINKS89(m): 5:31pm On Aug 06, 2016
dey b like undertaker.....juz sayin thou.
Re: Outfit Nigerian Team Was To Wear For The RIO Olympics Opening Ceremony by Bondesniger(m): 5:34pm On Aug 06, 2016
was to wear means they did not wear it
what really happened
Re: Outfit Nigerian Team Was To Wear For The RIO Olympics Opening Ceremony by OCcool: 5:38pm On Aug 06, 2016
The lady in the white dress looks like the "mother confessor" in legend of the seeker. grin
Re: Outfit Nigerian Team Was To Wear For The RIO Olympics Opening Ceremony by VoteFynestboi(f): 5:39pm On Aug 06, 2016
Bondesniger:
was to wear means they did not wear it

what really happened

please check my signature sad sad
Re: Outfit Nigerian Team Was To Wear For The RIO Olympics Opening Ceremony by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 06, 2016
iyatrustee:
We are better off with the tracksuit then!

Warisdis? Na avengers or transformer outfit?
cheesy
It looks like avengers to me
Re: Outfit Nigerian Team Was To Wear For The RIO Olympics Opening Ceremony by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 06, 2016
grin grin grin even if it is Nollywood
Re: Outfit Nigerian Team Was To Wear For The RIO Olympics Opening Ceremony by emerged01(m): 5:51pm On Aug 06, 2016
The minister needs to be fired,he is incompetent.
Re: Outfit Nigerian Team Was To Wear For The RIO Olympics Opening Ceremony by vena3(f): 5:55pm On Aug 06, 2016
The guys look like cattle rearers, the color mix - awful!!! . The babes looks ok color mix more Naija like .

1 Like

Re: Outfit Nigerian Team Was To Wear For The RIO Olympics Opening Ceremony by delors(m): 5:59pm On Aug 06, 2016
Thank God they no even wear am.
Re: Outfit Nigerian Team Was To Wear For The RIO Olympics Opening Ceremony by VoteFynestboi(f): 6:00pm On Aug 06, 2016
delors:
Thank God they no even wear am.

PLEASE CHECK MY SIGNATURE sad sad
Re: Outfit Nigerian Team Was To Wear For The RIO Olympics Opening Ceremony by Suretinz: 6:03pm On Aug 06, 2016
They resemble undertakers.....
Re: Outfit Nigerian Team Was To Wear For The RIO Olympics Opening Ceremony by Litmus: 6:06pm On Aug 06, 2016
I'm beginning to fear that perhaps it is Nigerians born abroad in America, Britain and elsewhere somehow responsible for some of the UnNigerian influences we see recently in Nigeria. Examples such as News Readers on Television wearing suits and Celebrities abandoning Nigerian attires and stuffing themselves into ill-fitting western clothes similarly to the rest of brainwashed Africa. I hope not but if so, Nigerians should not feel inferior to Nigerians from abroad. Native Nigerians you are better than we are so stand firm!

2 Likes

Re: Outfit Nigerian Team Was To Wear For The RIO Olympics Opening Ceremony by perfectwazobia1: 6:15pm On Aug 06, 2016
Kenai:
Blood of God!

Some weeks prior to the event, the sports ministry boasted that the Nigerian Olympics outfits would 'showcase the Nigerian culture'.

Na like this?

See as the females dey like graduates of The Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft And Wizadry, and the men dey like people wey dey work for mortuary.

Honestly, at this point, I think I should actually thank the dude who misplaced the outfits.
You were almost the real MVP!

No kill person with laugh ooo grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Outfit Nigerian Team Was To Wear For The RIO Olympics Opening Ceremony by teeghurl(f): 6:26pm On Aug 06, 2016
The guys be like undertakers. Nigeria is a big joke, smh seriously

1 Like

Re: Outfit Nigerian Team Was To Wear For The RIO Olympics Opening Ceremony by shehuolayinka(m): 6:27pm On Aug 06, 2016
They going to the moon? I really wonder what's wrong with the people governing us in Abuja
Re: Outfit Nigerian Team Was To Wear For The RIO Olympics Opening Ceremony by Nickymezor(f): 6:32pm On Aug 06, 2016
snadguy007:
Lol
Snaddie hw hv u bin?
Re: Outfit Nigerian Team Was To Wear For The RIO Olympics Opening Ceremony by Tic4tac(m): 6:38pm On Aug 06, 2016
Oops.. . See end time outfits.. . D guys outfit b like filling station attendants uniform grin
Re: Outfit Nigerian Team Was To Wear For The RIO Olympics Opening Ceremony by Ayatullah(m): 6:45pm On Aug 06, 2016
VolTOxic:
There's nothing “Nigerian” about that outfit.

Indeed there is nothing 'Nigerian' about the outfit. I do not want to believe this could have been the outfit, but wait a minute, it might be if it was designed by our Burukutu Master, Solomon Dalung!

1 Like

Re: Outfit Nigerian Team Was To Wear For The RIO Olympics Opening Ceremony by Kizzkizz(f): 6:47pm On Aug 06, 2016
Terrible. Na who dem pay millions to design am biko?
Re: Outfit Nigerian Team Was To Wear For The RIO Olympics Opening Ceremony by Caveatemptor(m): 6:51pm On Aug 06, 2016
These outfits are ...um...odd if I may say...

1 Like

Re: Outfit Nigerian Team Was To Wear For The RIO Olympics Opening Ceremony by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 06, 2016
Just when you thought things couldn't be worse. Thank goodness they never got to wear these outfits and I do pray they will not wear them at the closing ceremony. Solomon Dalung has been an absolute disaster as a minister and should have been sacked a long time ago. However, again, this Nigeria is no ordinary country.

1 Like

Re: Outfit Nigerian Team Was To Wear For The RIO Olympics Opening Ceremony by Genea(f): 6:59pm On Aug 06, 2016
Mmmmmmm I see nothing bad with the outfit, looks owkay to me.... embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Outfit Nigerian Team Was To Wear For The RIO Olympics Opening Ceremony by quickly: 7:06pm On Aug 06, 2016
ObiOmaMu:
See what Team Nigeria was supposed to wear VERSUS what they eventually wore because the outfits never made it to Rio. Someone said this attire would have been a lovely national disaster. Another said he thinks the designer wanted to shield them from mosquito bite that gives zika virus. I can't stop laughing oooo.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/08/olympics-2016-opening-ceremony-nigeria-outfit.html

Nigerians and their priorities. Is olympics about fashion parade or to win in their various events?

Is it not better to humble urself and wear tracksuit like Kenya than wear agbada and carry zero medals.

After all Norway wear tracksuit , South Africa wear tracksuit

1 Like

Re: Outfit Nigerian Team Was To Wear For The RIO Olympics Opening Ceremony by kceewhyte(m): 8:06pm On Aug 06, 2016
Tolexander:
what is this that makes the females look like penguin?
penguin of Madagascar
Re: Outfit Nigerian Team Was To Wear For The RIO Olympics Opening Ceremony by oblak00(m): 8:08pm On Aug 06, 2016
What do you expect when you have a dullard as a president and herdsmen as ministers? Tufiakwa
Re: Outfit Nigerian Team Was To Wear For The RIO Olympics Opening Ceremony by Reference(m): 8:38pm On Aug 06, 2016
No. I don't believe this. This must be some sick joke. Warris dis. Ha.!!! I am so stunned. .....think am gonna lie down....kai Nigeria....why....
Re: Outfit Nigerian Team Was To Wear For The RIO Olympics Opening Ceremony by kingkhalifaISIS(m): 8:45pm On Aug 06, 2016
the aftereffect of having a lunatic religious fanatic as a President
Re: Outfit Nigerian Team Was To Wear For The RIO Olympics Opening Ceremony by pamcode(m): 10:14pm On Aug 06, 2016
Naija we hail o. This nation hen If we start to talk mouth go just dry up.
Re: Outfit Nigerian Team Was To Wear For The RIO Olympics Opening Ceremony by chiraqDemon(m): 11:07pm On Aug 06, 2016
E dey look.like all these future civilisation clothes for some movies...
Re: Outfit Nigerian Team Was To Wear For The RIO Olympics Opening Ceremony by otokx(m): 11:15pm On Aug 06, 2016
We are fast loosing our culture, how can this attire even be suggested? Even for a horror space movie it will not work.
Re: Outfit Nigerian Team Was To Wear For The RIO Olympics Opening Ceremony by Arebay(m): 12:12am On Aug 07, 2016
The cloth be like deanerys targaryn own

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UCL: Gianluigi Buffon Mocked After Manchester United Goal Error (Photos) / Stephen Keshi’s Daughter Weds Today (photos) / Chelsea Players, Coach Celebrate Champions League Final Win (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.