Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring (10069 Views)

"Buhari Is Wrong, Nigeria Needs Restructuring" - Balarabe Musa / PDP Needs South-west To Succeed, Says Dickson / CONGRATULATIONS Makarfi, But PDP Is DEAD!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by Amitex(m): 5:44pm On Aug 06, 2016
Mynd44:

I just want to know whuch party he is defecting to next. APGA, KOWA, LP or ACCORD

Op is no different from the wave of the sea. Tossed here and there!!! I wonder who still take people like this seriously.
Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by mikolo80: 6:01pm On Aug 06, 2016
In other words you've left pdp to sit on the fence. Pick a side my friend and stop speaking from both sides of your face
TonyeBarcanista:
It is a truism that President Buhari and his APC party have failed Nigerians, and even went as far as denying their campaign promises, hence, doesn't deserve a renewal of their mandate in Aso Rock and all other positions in 2019. However, the PDP of a party(and their sub-parties like my Palmchat friend always call the LPs/APGAs etc) should never be considered as a replacement for obvious reasons.

1. PAST PDP GOVERNMENTS ALSO FAILED IN THEIR CAMPAIGN PROMISES:
I have seen some comments from some PDP loyalists lamenting that Nigeria is missing Goodluck Jonathan, and I keep shaking my head. To those who may be unaware, President Goodluck Jonathan in 2011 made a whopping NIGHTY-ONE campaign promises which includes creation of 1.5 million jobs within 2years, To construct 2 world scale petrochemical plants, 2 fertilizer plants and 2 fertilizer blending plants, To build a $3 billion central gas processing facility by 2012 to be sited in Obiaruku Delta State, To attract $25 billion worth of investment into developing the country’s gas infrastructure, To create 600,000 new jobs in the gas industry, zero tolerance for corruption, transform Nigeria economy in 4 years, modernisation of ports, and so many GIGANTIC promises that can be seen here https://ogala./2011/11/18/president-goodluck-jonathans-91-campaign-promises-help-identify-those-he-has-delivered/ http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/sunday/index.php/top-stories/15666-reopening-jonathan-s-bag-of-many-promises

Just like Buhari, the last PDP administration didn't fulfill up to 2% of their promises despite the fact that they presided over oil boom period that traded at $100 per barrel in their time except late 2014.

2. PDP AND APC HAVE CORRUPT TRADITION
The administration that pledged zero tolerance for corruption became the most corrupt administration in the history of Nigeria, sharing our monies with their equally corrupt APC friends and willing civil servants. This corruption did not start from the last administration but they took it to the highest level. Our Reserves was heavily depleted from $47. 7 billion (As At December 31st, 2009) that the last administration inherited to meagre $30billion, while the Excess crude Account that Jonathan inherited at $6.5billion in February 2010 was depleted heavily and left at a meagre $2.1billion in 2015 www.thisdaylive.com/articles/excess-crude-govs-want-3bn-shared/82376/. It is a truism that within February and August 2010, Jonathan along with his PDP colleagues and APC friends deleted the ECA from $6.5billion to a meagre $450million www.vanguardngr.com/2010/08/fg-draws-down-3bn-from-excess-crude-account/. It took Ngozi Iwaela to come to the rescue to up the ECA to $9billion between 2011 and 2012 www.cp-africa.com/2012/12/03/nigerias-excess-crude-account-eca-more-than-doubles-in-one-year-as-it-rises-to-about-9-billion/, but like the corrupt tradition in both APC and PDP, the $9billion was again depleted by the Political leaders from both camps and their affiliate camps, that are always available to partake in the sharing.

In this APC administration, we have been hearing budget padding to the tune of hundred of billions, the shielding of political associates of the administration in the ongoing corruption war, the billions demanded by Lai just for China trip etc. It is even worse that the Speaker of the House of Representatives, his Deputy, minority leader (who is PDP) and some others were fingered in padded looting at the expense of our ailing economy. It is even a shame that they are justifying the fraud, and the ruling party is looking at political solution instead of judicial punishment.

Can we forget so soon the secret recruitment of PDP/APC elite kids in CBN and other agencies?

3. BOTH PARTIES ARE FAILURES
Imo state led by APC couldn't meet a simple obligation of paying workers for over seven months, Edo state is also owing workers, also Nasarawa, Benue, Kogi, Oyo and several others. The case is not different from PDP states of Ekiti, Ondo, Bayelsa(oil producing along with Ondo) etc.

While the FG led by APC is crying that we have no money, the government of Buhari was busy giving FOREX subsidies in the tune of multi-billions to people on pilgrimage from both the Christian and Muslim faiths. Similarly, the PDP administration in Rivers state that has pledged to stop foreign sponsorship for indigent students and even withdraw those on scholarship due to paucity of funds is the same administration that pledged to continue spending on Pilgrimage for Christians and Muslims in the state http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/wike-to-continue-sponsorship-of-pilgrims-to-israel-saudi-arabia/. If this is not failure I wonder how one can define failure.

4. PDP WILL NEVER CHANGE
When some of us joined PDP, we did with the mindset of working towards a structural change in the party that would allow space for credible people. Despite the fact that some young people expended their all to see to that change, the corrupt elite that OWNS the party has refused to repent. The same people that were fingered in looting our resources from both parties are the same people being courted by the PDP. Bukola Saraki that is undergoing trial for acute corruption is more like a god to PDP. I was even ashamed seeing PDP HOR member Tony Nwolu defending Speaker Dogara on this budget fraud. Look at the calibre of men aspiring to lead the party, the Bode George, Gbanga Daniel etc. The party is not even sober at all, just like their APC colleagues. What a shame.

5. PDP AND APC ARE HYPOCRITICAL ABOUT RESTRUCTURING
While Ekweremadu the Deputy Senate President has been shouting RESTRUCTURING, he has failed to make case for it when it matters most. As DSP since 2007, Ekweremadu has always been the Chairman of Constitution Amendment Committee but he has never for once sponsor a bill for true federalism/regionalism/or whatever. Same way APC chieftains that has been shouting TRUE FEDERALISM but have never for once agitated for it in constitution review since 1999 despite the fact that Nigerians in their majority yearned for it. These people(APC and PDP) will deliver great speech about federalism and receive standing ovation, but they won't lift a finger to make such proposal in any of the amendments. In every amendment, their focus has always been life pension, immunity from criminal prosecution and "sharing" among themselves.

I make bold to say that the real factors against the progress of Nigerians is never tribal or religious differences but the political elites within APC, PDP, and their allies.

6. AS MUCH AS NIGERIA CANNOT AFFORD APC RETENTION, SHE ALSO CAN'T AFFORD A PDP COMEBACK:
Make no mistake, APC has a mission to deplete Nigeria and frustrate Nigerians, but PDP is like an hardened criminal that has vowed never to repent despite several rehab sessions. To PDP, it is okay to be corrupt and then cry witch-hunt at the end of the day, while to APC it is okay to be corrupt as long as you maintain saying "Yes Sir" to the APC gods.

Nigerians should be prayerful because with the calibre of men around PDP, we will be in bigger trouble if we make the mistake of bringing back this party to power. While APC is playing draft with our common sense, PDP is scheming how to return to power to replenish their financial loss. PDP as a party is not tired of sucking our resources, hence, promoting men that are having one or two corruption cases as front-men.

As a country, we need opposition but we have a responsibility to ensure that PDP Rest In Peace, while patriotic young people assume the role of opposition. It is unfortunate that some of us over the years tacitly/innocently aided the fraud of both miserable groups thinking that there will be internal change but it has been proven that these corrupt parties are not ready to change.

I shall pause here for now hoping that my message is well understood....

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria
Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by SuperS1Panther: 6:28pm On Aug 06, 2016
@ Tonyebarcanista

I read through the write up 3ce and I can deduce the following:

1. You are frustrated with PDP. Probably due to non-inclusion or side tracking.

2. You saw the light that others saw in 2015 by voting for Buhari instead of Jonathan that was lying about our economy which his cohorts were looting serially.

I have never been an APC or any party person. Truth be told, PMB inherited a broken down economy that was bound to be in a free fall state. Has he failed? No. Verdict can only be passed on after 3 years in office.

How do you expect PDP to change what they have always known as the norm throughout the life time of that corrupt party?

The only way forward is the formation of a party by ''patriotic youths'' and not just any youth. what has been the contributions of the youths at the lower level of the ladder? Which youthful councillor or chairman or state house of assembly member or governor has excelled to an extent that the nation will not have a choice than to notice such a person. In little things be faithful in it before more will be committed int your hands. As youth, have we been faithful in the opportunities we were given.

Youths heading various Students Unions all over our campuses have not demonstrated the capacity and potential to lead this country in the nearest future. Obama started politics from College, the Clintons did, David Cameron did. You cannot give what you do not have or what you have rehearsed for. What most of the youth themselves know now is corruption, easiest way to get money and short term gain. The short term gain is why we are all complaining about Buhari's policies, knowing fully well the long term gain is more beneficial upon objective analysis.

Whether PDP or APC or LP etc all those names are mere nomenclatures, the constituent people are one and the same. The elites and political class always unite in corruption without reference to religion, ethnicity or region. It is high time a new breed of ''patriotic'' youths arise working their way from the bottom of the ladder to the top. From councillor to chairman to House of Assembly to Governor to National Assembly and to Aso Rock. It will be a long and tortuous journey. The reality is we cannot start from the top. Demonstrate your acumen at lower level and see whether the youths of this nation will not mobilise to support such a good youthful candidate, when the time comes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by Ghost01(m): 6:54pm On Aug 06, 2016
Very wonderful message... but the issue is the messenger. Hmmmm... These guys ehn, na so dem go dey write fire dey spit fire but with little (naija-style) 'incentive' from the other side, na so so joro-jara-joro.
Besides the crooked elite, the next biggest obstacle to all-round advancement in our society today are their army of soulless supporters... and these Maradona columnists and activists constitute an influential bloc of the supporters.
May Olódùmarè direct his merciful gaze towards us!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by Paperwhite(m): 7:23pm On Aug 06, 2016
Barca-I'm completely with you on this.However the question now is how do Nigeria do away with this set of failed & irresponsible leaders.Nigerian youths let's arise.
Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by Paperwhite(m): 7:25pm On Aug 06, 2016
Ghost01:
Very wonderful message... but the issue is the messenger. Hmmmm... These guys ehn, na so dem go dey write fire dey spit fire but with little (naija-style) 'incentive' from the other side, na so so joro-jara-joro.
Besides the crooked elite, the next biggest obstacle to all-round advancement in our society today are their army of soulless supporters... and these Maradona columnists and activists constitute an influential bloc of the supporters.
You just hit it.This is my mind.God bless you well.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by modath(f): 7:53pm On Aug 06, 2016
Ghost01:

May you never stop to be se awon orire, opolopo alubarika ati ainiye oju rere Oluwa everyday.... You just expressed my thots, thx a milli....

The OP is going through a phase that is dependent on some factors, best thing is to just watch from a distance and prepare for the next act/scene .... It's a soap opera with no end in sight..... smiley

cc Ichieboxy , supers1panther , LRNZH , Mynd44 , dropshot , progeeaive01 ...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 06, 2016
Lol. Seems op follow for people pdp dey owe. Hunger na bastard. Ndo eeh...

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by pacino26(m): 8:03pm On Aug 06, 2016
I came late to this party but then I believe the Tonye anticipated but the negative and positive critics on this thread.

The ultimate question for the day should be, WHAT'S THE WAY FORWARD?

Reading through I observed the sincerity of most posters, their yearn for a better Nigeria, their willingness to get things done for the greater good. I'll say to such persons that this country is REDEEMABLE! It begins with you, the change we seek, the Nigeria of our dreams begins with us.

No doubt the young man just like everyone else in this great country has got house fair share of slavery, political, intellectual and even in the military our brothers and sisters are used and dumped six feet below.

So if Tonye Barcanista is making a U-turn today realizing that politics only will not right the wrongs of this country then I think nobody should hold it against him. At every point in life we get misled but it takes greater strength to admit a mistake and work to correct it.

Thumbs up Tonye as I await some myopic minded fellows to continue with their assumptions.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by aresssa: 8:05pm On Aug 06, 2016
Saying a less than 2 year old government failed is grossly misguided, illogical, ill informed and half backed.

Failure is going to be determined by Nigerians in 2019 at the polls and not based on your usual meaningless, deceptive and convoluted rant.

The PDP you openly went to bed with was borrowing billions to pay workers salary when oil was selling for $80 as far back 2014 so what magic are you expecting in 2016 with oil selling for $30?

The PDP you openly went to bed with via Okonjo the incompetent and colluding finance minister who gladly hand over our money in billions to Dasuki to loot and share told Nigerians to get ready for Austerity when oil was selling for $80 back in 2014 so what magic are you expecting in 2016 with oil selling for $30?

The PDP you openly went to bed with looted $20 billion power funds and gave us 16 years of darkness in return, but this administration just singed agreements to give us 1275MW

The PDP you openly went to bed with abandoned the 4000MW Mambilla power project, but this new administration resolved the problems and contractors are back on the job working.

The PDP you openly went to bed with sold our power infrastructure to their cronies with zero experience in electricity operations and zero funds to invest and grow their operations which Nigerians are now paying for in darkness..

The PDP you openly went to bed with abandoned road projects and thousands of infrastructures they budgeted for and looted, but the contractors that walled away from those projects are back on the job and working all over the country because this new government paid them to keep working.

Did PMB and APC factored into their planes, policies and budgets your own kinfolks in the Delta blowing our our money making oil installations?

If you are going to write anything and before apportioning your premature and illogical blames, try address such crippling factors like destruction of economic operations in the Delta and your crooked and PDP gang failing to save for rainy days and diversify our economy when oil was selling for over $100...

Lastly, common sense dictates that failure can not be apportioned until the end of your term and all your promises are not kept, not less than 2 years into your 1st term.

Please stop bothering us with these meaningless and half backed rants, save them for regurgitation in 2019.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by heywhytech1(m): 10:10pm On Aug 06, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Make we no lie for ourselves, the choice between Buhari(APC) and Jonathan(PDP) was like Devil and Lucifer. People that voted for Buhari did so because they couldn't stand another term of Jonathan. If you read Jonathan 2011 campaign, you saw where we were in 2010 and what we became in 2015, you wouldn't want Jonathan. But APC was the other side of same coin.

In fact, those of us that voted for PDP/Jonathan voted for Devil, those that voted for APC/Buhari voted for Lucifer.
of all your articles this one won my heart . Nice and concise write-up. I am a big fan of PMB but my patience for fruit of my labour of better Nigeria is dieing with great pace, partisan politics is not the solution to our current problems . Buhari handwriting is quit disappointing because is becoming obvious he has nothing to offer except being call a President which he pride so much than allowing the technocrats to the job of rebuilding this project called Nigeria. Nigeria is very sick ,nothing seems to be working with the present administration. Youths need to come together and champion this course. We need to salvage this Country hence, it will spoil beyound repair.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by foxe(m): 11:32pm On Aug 06, 2016
trust Solomon tonye barcanista at your own risk....never forget that forming a new political party is not like changing your girlfriend... where do you even start smh

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by GenbIoodykiller: 11:51pm On Aug 06, 2016
Ichieboxy:

You are very close to the point...

Op is bashing and already campaigning against PDP;

1) because he has felled in all his efforts to force himself into PDP national leadership...even after relocating to Abuja...

2)He said he is against corruption and corrupt tendencies; ask him to come clean on why he deactivated his former account...barcanista...and events surrounding same...Why would he paint others as corrupt with him as clean when The opposite is the case

3) Challenge him to show you his itinerary in relation to PDP in the last one year... Especially his hobnobbing with leaders in NASS and PDP headquarters...and see if he is after his stomach or for a better Nigeria...

4)This article is a product of frustration occasioned by snub of hi m by PDP leaders ...Does he have facts to the contrary Let him drop it here...Hence he is on a mission to show them that he can leverage on his assumed popularity in Nairaland to destroy the party and reduce their chances of ousting buhari from power... Similar stunt he pulled when he deactivated his first account but when he failed he rushed back again...So much for a youth with integrity cheesy

5)He has lost out given PDP recent zoning arrangement...which made political appointment an impossible mission for him...As people he is close to are fighting to find their own footing first...

6)Can a tomato grow on an orange tree...If your private life is devoid of integrity and filled with greed & your selfish betrayal of allies who trusted you for mere porridge or other financial favours...How on earth can you claim to be against corruption ...Once you see the opportunity, your true colour will resurface...but for now, you pretend to be an anti-corruption czar...This is Op for you...

7)Come 2019, it is either PDP wins or APC retains their seat...Ask Op if the leaders he is criticizing today weren't in the party when he wrote several articles here boasting about PDP come back in 2019 ...Did anything change about these leaders? Weren't they same people in same political parties

coolWe need a better and restructured Nigeria "with youths" playing active role...Youths who aren't in the mould of Op...who is a chip of the old block he is criticizing here for selfish interest...Trust him at your own detriment...

Good pm Nigeria...

Cc. modath, Beremx, Ngeneukwenu, dearpreye, mizmycoli, LRNZH:, Seunmsg, GenBloodykiller, Firefire
Shiit meeehn

This is a biography grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by GenbIoodykiller: 11:54pm On Aug 06, 2016
grin

Just passing by ooooo grin grin grin grin

My igbo people will normally say
Okolo etoro eto walu ogodu, ikuku bulu ya obulu ma ogodu ya grin

Hahahaha
Ngeneukwenu come and translate this ooooo grin
Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by Decodedp: 11:56pm On Aug 06, 2016
Good morning Mr TonyeBarcanista (in Ojukwu's voice)

It's only a matter of time before you'll realize that politics in Nigeria is all about who controls the petrol dollars.

And That party affiliation is just a means to an end

When you get to that time and stage you'll understand that only strong Alliance between the two regions in whose domain the oil is located will change the status quo.

Then you'll understand that nnamdi Kanu was right after all, even if you don't like his choice of words.

Until then I'll suggest that you should stop ridiculing your self by going back and forth, because you'll end up frustrated like many other others before you.

Take it or leave it;

Freedom is taken not given
Once again good morning

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by GenbIoodykiller: 11:58pm On Aug 06, 2016
Paperwhite:
Barca-I'm completely with you on this.However the question now is how do Nigeria do away with this set of failed & irresponsible leaders.Nigerian youths let's arise.

It's simple

Goto aso rock and kill buhari grin
Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by ChikezieU(m): 12:11am On Aug 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
It is a truism that President Buhari and his APC party have failed Nigerians, and even went as far as denying their campaign promises, hence, doesn't deserve a renewal of their mandate in Aso Rock and all other positions in 2019. However, the PDP of a party(and their sub-parties like my Palmchat friend always call the LPs/APGAs etc) should never be considered as a replacement for obvious reasons.

1. PAST PDP GOVERNMENTS ALSO FAILED IN THEIR CAMPAIGN PROMISES:
I have seen some comments from some PDP loyalists lamenting that Nigeria is missing Goodluck Jonathan, and I keep shaking my head. To those who may be unaware, President Goodluck Jonathan in 2011 made a whopping NIGHTY-ONE campaign promises which includes creation of 1.5 million jobs within 2years, To construct 2 world scale petrochemical plants, 2 fertilizer plants and 2 fertilizer blending plants, To build a $3 billion central gas processing facility by 2012 to be sited in Obiaruku Delta State, To attract $25 billion worth of investment into developing the country’s gas infrastructure, To create 600,000 new jobs in the gas industry, zero tolerance for corruption, transform Nigeria economy in 4 years, modernisation of ports, and so many GIGANTIC promises that can be seen here https://ogala./2011/11/18/president-goodluck-jonathans-91-campaign-promises-help-identify-those-he-has-delivered/ http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/sunday/index.php/top-stories/15666-reopening-jonathan-s-bag-of-many-promises

Just like Buhari, the last PDP administration didn't fulfill up to 2% of their promises despite the fact that they presided over oil boom period that traded at $100 per barrel in their time except late 2014.

2. PDP AND APC HAVE CORRUPT TRADITION
The administration that pledged zero tolerance for corruption became the most corrupt administration in the history of Nigeria, sharing our monies with their equally corrupt APC friends and willing civil servants. This corruption did not start from the last administration but they took it to the highest level. Our Reserves was heavily depleted from $47. 7 billion (As At December 31st, 2009) that the last administration inherited to meagre $30billion, while the Excess crude Account that Jonathan inherited at $6.5billion in February 2010 was depleted heavily and left at a meagre $2.1billion in 2015 www.thisdaylive.com/articles/excess-crude-govs-want-3bn-shared/82376/. It is a truism that within February and August 2010, Jonathan along with his PDP colleagues and APC friends deleted the ECA from $6.5billion to a meagre $450million www.vanguardngr.com/2010/08/fg-draws-down-3bn-from-excess-crude-account/. It took Ngozi Iwaela to come to the rescue to up the ECA to $9billion between 2011 and 2012 www.cp-africa.com/2012/12/03/nigerias-excess-crude-account-eca-more-than-doubles-in-one-year-as-it-rises-to-about-9-billion/, but like the corrupt tradition in both APC and PDP, the $9billion was again depleted by the Political leaders from both camps and their affiliate camps, that are always available to partake in the sharing.

In this APC administration, we have been hearing budget padding to the tune of hundred of billions, the shielding of political associates of the administration in the ongoing corruption war, the billions demanded by Lai just for China trip etc. It is even worse that the Speaker of the House of Representatives, his Deputy, minority leader (who is PDP) and some others were fingered in padded looting at the expense of our ailing economy. It is even a shame that they are justifying the fraud, and the ruling party is looking at political solution instead of judicial punishment.

Can we forget so soon the secret recruitment of PDP/APC elite kids in CBN and other agencies?

3. BOTH PARTIES ARE FAILURES
Imo state led by APC couldn't meet a simple obligation of paying workers for over seven months, Edo state is also owing workers, also Nasarawa, Benue, Kogi, Oyo and several others. The case is not different from PDP states of Ekiti, Ondo, Bayelsa(oil producing along with Ondo) etc.

While the FG led by APC is crying that we have no money, the government of Buhari was busy giving FOREX subsidies in the tune of multi-billions to people on pilgrimage from both the Christian and Muslim faiths. Similarly, the PDP administration in Rivers state that has pledged to stop foreign sponsorship for indigent students and even withdraw those on scholarship due to paucity of funds is the same administration that pledged to continue spending on Pilgrimage for Christians and Muslims in the state http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/wike-to-continue-sponsorship-of-pilgrims-to-israel-saudi-arabia/. If this is not failure I wonder how one can define failure.

4. PDP WILL NEVER CHANGE
When some of us joined PDP, we did with the mindset of working towards a structural change in the party that would allow space for credible people. Despite the fact that some young people expended their all to see to that change, the corrupt elite that OWNS the party has refused to repent. The same people that were fingered in looting our resources from both parties are the same people being courted by the PDP. Bukola Saraki that is undergoing trial for acute corruption is more like a god to PDP. I was even ashamed seeing PDP HOR member Tony Nwolu defending Speaker Dogara on this budget fraud. Look at the calibre of men aspiring to lead the party, the Bode George, Gbanga Daniel etc. The party is not even sober at all, just like their APC colleagues. What a shame.

5. PDP AND APC ARE HYPOCRITICAL ABOUT RESTRUCTURING
While Ekweremadu the Deputy Senate President has been shouting RESTRUCTURING, he has failed to make case for it when it matters most. As DSP since 2007, Ekweremadu has always been the Chairman of Constitution Amendment Committee but he has never for once sponsor a bill for true federalism/regionalism/or whatever. Same way APC chieftains that has been shouting TRUE FEDERALISM but have never for once agitated for it in constitution review since 1999 despite the fact that Nigerians in their majority yearned for it. These people(APC and PDP) will deliver great speech about federalism and receive standing ovation, but they won't lift a finger to make such proposal in any of the amendments. In every amendment, their focus has always been life pension, immunity from criminal prosecution and "sharing" among themselves.

I make bold to say that the real factors against the progress of Nigerians is never tribal or religious differences but the political elites within APC, PDP, and their allies.

6. AS MUCH AS NIGERIA CANNOT AFFORD APC RETENTION, SHE ALSO CAN'T AFFORD A PDP COMEBACK:
Make no mistake, APC has a mission to deplete Nigeria and frustrate Nigerians, but PDP is like an hardened criminal that has vowed never to repent despite several rehab sessions. To PDP, it is okay to be corrupt and then cry witch-hunt at the end of the day, while to APC it is okay to be corrupt as long as you maintain saying "Yes Sir" to the APC gods.

Nigerians should be prayerful because with the calibre of men around PDP, we will be in bigger trouble if we make the mistake of bringing back this party to power. While APC is playing draft with our common sense, PDP is scheming how to return to power to replenish their financial loss. PDP as a party is not tired of sucking our resources, hence, promoting men that are having one or two corruption cases as front-men.

As a country, we need opposition but we have a responsibility to ensure that PDP Rest In Peace, while patriotic young people assume the role of opposition. It is unfortunate that some of us over the years tacitly/innocently aided the fraud of both miserable groups thinking that there will be internal change but it has been proven that these corrupt parties are not ready to change.

I shall pause here for now hoping that my message is well understood....

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria
then what is the way out
Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by GenbIoodykiller: 12:12am On Aug 07, 2016
Phockphockman oya show and answer this German queshun

1. ------------- was the moniker that support sherrif chairmanship --------------- month ago

2. "PDP is going to win APC for sure in 2019" this statement was made by --------------------- in 2016 --------------- Months ago.

3. A notorious nairalander deactivated his moniker against the pleas of his nairaland followers in --------------- year

4. -----------------,----------------- and ------------------- was ----------------- political opinion/party since 2014 till date.

5. The moral lesson from the chronicles of Mr ----------------- is ----------------- and -------------------

All quesshun carries equal mark. (No malpractice )

Examiner
General bloodykiller (OON, MFR, iPod yoot)

Cc
Phockphockman,sevenusnape,buhariiscursed,

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by Babacele: 7:34am On Aug 07, 2016
Beautiful nonsense! as usual a fraudulent attempt at selling seeming truths-your regular trademark.I would have ignored your obviously veiled moves at shooting to kill APC through a dead body called PDP. Firing live bullets through a dead body .....who doesn't know PDP is dead already except you Mr dealer? oh No ,don't get me wrong- you have the right to belong to any political party but don't come public with lies wrapped in 'dadawa truths' with odious flies disturbing our sensibilities without some replies or concerns from members of such public. let us get down to business.

First do you know what 'truism' is? Please look it up in the dictionary. In your opening paragraph, you had said 'It is a [b]truism [/b]that President Buhari and his APC party have failed Nigerians, and even went as far as denying their campaign promises, hence, doesn't deserve a renewal of their mandate in Aso Rock and all other positions in 2019.' Truism by who? how and when? How many promises did APC make and have denied? please mention them. and even if , for a 2 year old party in power compared to PDP's 2 decades of wastes and fraud? Where is NATURAL JUSTICE IN NOT ALLOWING APC's MANDATE EXPIRATION IN 2019 BEFORE MAKING FINAL PRONOUNCEMENTS? Aint you grossly unfair and wicked!

Severally you mentioned the corrupt tradition in PDP but tried hard to drag in APC , your nightmare and real target, without any evidence to backup your false claims. Most Nigerians know that PDP is the problem of this country. Ask Azazi. i will give you some examples........... 1.like Buhari GEJ didnt fulfil up to 2%.....where did you get that from? i am challenging you TONYE to mention the promises BUHARI made and the ones -the 98%- he has not achieved. For a less- than- two -years-in power government that inherited a comatose economy bedeviled by terrorists as managers, methink PMB is NOT that bad. 2. Nobody knows how the budget padding ,a PDP culture that PMB refused to continue, would play out so dont be fraudulently preemptive and hasty. Have you forgot so soon what you and your fellow wailers said when PmB REFUSED to play the usual PDP ball in preparing national budget when Una Salaki and co wasted 1 year thinking PmB would Bend? i keep records. 3. Okonjo iweala is just a pity! Did you hear her few days ago talking some gibberish on diversification abi na desertificatin of an economy sef? Coordinating minister indeed! does the constitution recognize ECA? of what use did the GeJ FG MAKE OF THE 52% FEDERAL ALLOCATION HE GOT? ARE you are aware of the rights of state governments to their fiscal allocations? so wetin be ECA? All the money that accrued from the 52% to Gej's, where is it /? FG Maybe Dasuki, Dokpesi, Deziani, Fayose and co can answer. and whose sole blame ? BUHARI's? You are funny!

2. What do you mean by 'FOREX Subsidies in the tune of multibillions'? .....unlike PDP GOVERNMENTS that used state funds to sponsor these religious jamborees, or some some spiritual nonsense only a Bafarawa or an Oritsejafor can explain, Buhari is saying all should pay for their pilgrimage but in a way to make it easy for poor folks to participate. what is economy if poor people cant enjoy a few stuffs too? Now that the' islamization' card wont fly, 'forex subsidies in multibillions ' is the new kite?

3.I agree many states's governors are frauds but isnt that part of the PDP LEGACIES we are trying to wean the nation from? shebi you know Okorocha, Oshiobaba , Aregbe, AMBODE ETC( but not WIKE AND FAYOSE your role models) better pass their predecessors despite the economic malady PDP left behind. while we want the states to be more creative and diversify as being presently required in the new Fg loans, we wont be deceived by your questionable concern especially when you had wanted the rogue regime that put the nation in this mess to stay at all costs.
4. RESTRUCTURING It is'nt PDP's idea , so animals cant dash us human rights. Explain to me why GEJ and the PdP NASS REFUSED to implement THE 2014 REFORM Report after wasting N9b even six months after the conclusion of the jamboree? That Report goes to the archives , its natural home! We shall do reform after collecting all our stolen money from all indicted culprits. Who go use pdp reform? Yes Saraki,akpabio,and Ekwremadu's attention have been on life pensions,immunity from prosecution, etc. But you are their greatest fan! make i show you records?
5. 'while patriotic young people assume the role of opposition. It is unfortunate that some of us over the years tacitly/innocently aided the fraud of both miserable groups thinking that there will ' true as that sounds, i am afraid of the insincerity with which it is laced. your attempts at blaming Buhari for PDP woes and consequently poisoning our minds against him wont work. Allow us evaluate and assess him by 2019. OUR milestones shall be 1. youth empowerment ,2. boko haram, 3. diversification of the economy , 4. power 5, food security and agriculture , 6. social security e.g the school feeding program, 7. youth empowerment e.g npower, 8. anti corruption, 9.improved democratic processes and, 10.strong institutions eg the judiciary, civil service etc

Even if this present experiment will synthesize a vibrant political party, we shall cross the bridge when we get to 2019.

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by Ojukwufrank: 9:04am On Aug 07, 2016
HammerTheirPapa:
The OP is one funny thing, lack of principle and unalloyed views. He just keeps on with his unstable political views like a typical yorubaman. Maybe because he grew up in yorubaland the land of the politically unstable ones. Who are always neither here nor there. Always pendulating in political principles. grin grin

Ugwu hawker as usual.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by HammerTheirPapa(f): 9:25am On Aug 07, 2016
Ojukwufrank:

Ugwu hawker as usual.

kamorudeen how far? grin

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by patrickmuf(m): 10:01am On Aug 07, 2016
The problem we have in Nigeria is that most folks are absolutely gullible, they swallow everything and anything they're fed hook, line and sinker...Just go through the posts here and you'll see folks already celebrating the OP in total acceptance of all he has written down forgetting that the same OP is rightfully noted as the most unstable fella around this cyber space...Today he preaches PDP you jump on the bandwagon, tomorrow he talks APC you still jump on the bandwagon, next tomorrow he is leading the call for a new front, who does that?
Barcanista is self centered, once he gets what he wants, his tune will definitely change...We often say politicians use and dump youths, now we have a fellow youth trying to play god...Barcanista, you're a fraud...

5 Likes

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by pacino26(m): 10:23am On Aug 07, 2016
patrickmuf:
The problem we have in Nigeria is that most folks are absolutely gullible, they swallow everything and anything they're fed hook, line and sinker...Just go through the posts here and you'll see folks already celebrating the OP in total acceptance of all he has written down forgetting that the same OP is rightfully noted as the most unstable fella around this cyber space...Today he preaches PDP you jump on the bandwagon, tomorrow he talks APC you still jump on the bandwagon, next tomorrow he is leading the call for a new front, who does that?
Barcanista is self centered, once he gets what he wants, his tune will definitely change...We often say politicians use and dump youths, now we have a fellow youth trying to play god...Barcanista, you're a fraud...

That was harsh bro. undecided

Come to think of it, at one point or the other we've compromised in the pursuit of happiness and self sustenance shutting out certain principles.

We should also accept that even the most perceived foolish moves could be precipitated by sincere motives. We all need a second chance. Allow him to earn the trust he's lost. It's too early to judge.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by Ojukwufrank: 10:38am On Aug 07, 2016
HammerTheirPapa:

kamorudeen how far? grin

Chinedu the ugwu hawker. I see you

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by patrickmuf(m): 12:02pm On Aug 07, 2016
pacino26:

That was harsh bro. undecided

Come to think of it, at one point or the other we've compromised in the pursuit of happiness and self sustenance shutting out certain principles.

We should also accept that even the most perceived foolish moves could be precipitated by sincere motives. We all need a second chance. Allow him to earn the trust he's lost. It's too early to judge.
I'm not a newbie here, I've seen Barcanista flip flop more times than all the living and dead creatures...The thing is; he does it with so much pride that most folks fail to see through his folly...
He has no moral standing to lead any course.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by citizenY(m): 1:51pm On Aug 07, 2016
Emyogalanya:
Why u change that signature asking us to help rebuild pdp

Barcanista for president.. 2019.... Make him a president and he,will protest agaibdt the president. You have to remind hin that he is the president.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by citizenY(m): 1:51pm On Aug 07, 2016
Emyogalanya:
Why u change that signature asking us to help rebuild pdp

Barcanista for president.. 2019.... Make him a president and he will protest against the president. You have to remind hin that he is the president.
Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by kennyman2000(m): 1:51pm On Aug 08, 2016
ifyan:
Nice article by One and only Tonye.
Kindly send me your mail. Got something to discuss with you
Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by MrImole: 3:16pm On Aug 10, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Na now you de talk... DM me lemme share something with you... I will DM you

Can you please Cc me too: mrimoleayo@gmail.com
Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by ifyan(m): 5:10pm On Aug 10, 2016
kennyman2000:

Kindly send me your mail. Got something to discuss with you

This my email=ifyan.ia@gmail.com
Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by GenbIoodykiller: 9:27am On Aug 11, 2016
grin
I feel like resurrecting the dead

Cc

Tonyebarcanista. cheesy
Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 11, 2016
so tonyebarcanista has officially dumped PDP and now trying to drown with APC......no more d pod trash on his signature.

judging from time in governance APC is still better than PDP

but if u don't know, APC and PDP are the only political party in Nigeria.

others na GET TOGETHER

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Alhassan Ado Doguwa Faces Sanction Over Comments On Electoral Act / President Buhari To Attend Liberia's 172nd Independent Anniversary / States Offer Tax Reliefs To Get World Bank’s Largesse

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.