Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

.... - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / .... (5256 Views)

Can I Steam Wash My Nissan Pathfinger 2003 Engine / L Need A Good Mechanic For My Nissan Altima 2008 2.5s / Heating Issue Wit My Nissan Primera (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: .... by HazzanTazzan(m): 4:52pm On Aug 07, 2016
diportivo:

U get time sha grin

Try the stuff I suggested earlier

Let's know Wassup

My father in-law uses this same car

More dan 2 years now and only does routine service

Is there any car without any hiccup

Azzinnnn... I just tire... These type of advisers will tell me to buy EOD instead of Nissan altima
grin
Re: .... by Pyroclast(m): 7:06pm On Aug 07, 2016
Lacomb:
Guy!!! I am not an auto tech, but I have had enough experience with same car, had to help somebody fix that (2004 SL) car. Similar issues with yours and even worse, gave it go a very good and dedicated auto expert here in nairaland (did well and made me happy), engine was changed before, gear, ecu, throttle body, steering rack and the list went on. He advised the car be sold, but just like you, the owner (MIL) loved the car and thought it was the next best thing after agege bread and ewa agoin got married, until engine started its own wahala (round 2) and needed to be replaced. Now car is on sale somewhere I don't even care to know.
Though it is a joy to ride if the car is ok, but when the wahala start, you will hate the car with a passion
That car is a joy killer, you MIGHT continue spending on the car, and might angrily give it out someday. PLEASE for the sake of being happy, SELL the CAR.

Bros Bros! How are you sir!
Re: .... by chidooh1: 7:16pm On Aug 07, 2016
I know folks that use that car without complain

1 Like

Re: .... by iyisco2001(m): 11:17pm On Aug 07, 2016
HazzanTazzan:

Bros... No dey curse me...
Fact that some people died of heart attack cos of the car doesn't mean everyone who used the car never had peace...
Kindly face ur own shi*
No vex
grin grin
My very good friend.
Re: .... by makavele: 11:17pm On Aug 07, 2016
HazzanTazzan:

Azzinnnn... I just tire... These type of advisers will tell me to buy EOD instead of Nissan altima
grin

Bros, sell that car !!!,. . Talking from experience . . I am an avid Nissan user, in fact, them suppose give me ambassadorship lol
Talking about the Altima 2.5, hmmmn, i don't even know where to start . .
Before you know u have spent a million naira fixing problems that will continue to creep up .. .
I would not touch a Nissan with a 125-foot long pole . . never again !!!
Re: .... by ikenga007: 12:12am On Aug 08, 2016
[Chai gazzuz dis is wickedness shuo.....quote author=GAZZUZZ post=48277724]

hickup and epilepsy are not the same. angry[/quote]
Re: .... by nissparts(m): 12:28pm On Aug 08, 2016
LOL @ this thread.
How did I miss this?
Re: .... by HazzanTazzan(m): 1:52pm On Aug 08, 2016
nissparts:
LOL @ this thread.
How did I miss this?

You're welcome sir but its never too late to help out...
These first set of advisers yaff finish me o.
What is your take on this matter pls?
Re: .... by baaliyah(m): 8:25pm On Aug 08, 2016
HazzanTazzan:

grin

abomination! how could you compare an altima 2.5 with an EOD in this context.
Re: .... by Aidenehi: 1:23am On Aug 09, 2016
Do you have issues figuring out where to purchase high quality auto parts? Worry no more as #PARTBOYZ AUTO PARTS is here to solve your problems. Purchase high quality Oil filters, Air filters, Brake pads, Shock absorbers, all kinds of motor lubricants etc @ affordable prices.
We are located at Gbagada mechanic village, Lagos, Nigeria or call 08171449656.
Visit us today and you'd be glad you did.
Pls rebroadcast. Thanks.
Re: .... by HazzanTazzan(m): 6:16pm On Aug 09, 2016
baaliyah:

abomination! how could you compare an altima 2.5 with an EOD in this context.

Are you also saying EOD is better ?
Re: .... by salvo583: 7:13pm On Aug 09, 2016
Sell it and save yourself from unnecessary wahala. You will spend more than 500k before 2 years of ownership. Sell it off or cut into scraps and sell it in bits, just count your loss and move on.That car is evil
Re: .... by HazzanTazzan(m): 10:21pm On Aug 10, 2016
Evil here.. Evil there...
What will u say about evil spirit itself (Honda accord)?
Re: .... by kingreign(m): 10:44pm On Aug 10, 2016
HazzanTazzan:
Evil here.. Evil there...
What will u say about evil spirit itself (Honda accord)?

A very good car
Re: .... by HazzanTazzan(m): 1:00am On Aug 11, 2016
kingreign:

A very good car

Really... And I can't count the number of Honda accord I've seen on roads this week with damaged (broken) front wheel
Re: .... by kingreign(m): 1:05am On Aug 11, 2016
HazzanTazzan:

Really... And I can't count the number of Honda accord I've seen on roads this week with damaged (broken) front wheel

Blame the owners. Even
Re: .... by HazzanTazzan(m): 1:20am On Aug 11, 2016
kingreign:

Blame the owners. Even

And why can't you blame the owners of the altima 2.5 also?

Abeg leave all these stories... Go and check foreign reviews about EOD and see series of complaints all over the place ... Will you also tell me to blame folks from USA who follow manufacturers direction strictly?

Since I've been seeing cars o, Honda has been the worst car I've seen so fat cos anywhere I see physical breakdown of a car, its always a Honda car, mostly accord...

Ive never ever seen a Nissan altima break down just anyhow by the road side
Re: .... by baaliyah(m): 7:08am On Aug 11, 2016
HazzanTazzan:

Abeg leave all these stories... Go and check foreign reviews about EOD and see series of complaints all over the place ... Will you also tell me to blame folks from USA who follow manufacturers direction strictly?

Since I've been seeing cars o, Honda has been the worst car I've seen so fat cos anywhere I see physical breakdown of a car, its always a Honda car, mostly accord...

You only see the altima abandoned at the mechanic workshop. If u see an accord on the road with pulled legs, they are fixed within one or two hours. When u knew all these theories why bring your issues here. pls use your car and enjoy it, dont mind 'we' bad belle people.
Re: .... by kingreign(m): 7:47am On Aug 11, 2016
HazzanTazzan:

Show me one website, or Honda TSB which states that Honda accords have factory defective ball joints.
Do you know honda suspensions setup is a sporty handling for an FWD mid sized sedan? meaning it offers very good grips and can accomodate hard cornering while soaking up road imperfections and keeping the car safe on the roads?
Honda sedans as well as other sedans, aren't meant to be driven off roads.
Ball joints as well as other suspension components are supposed to be checked periodically and any failing part replaced because they're wear and tear items. When ball joints are replaced, the ball joints ought to replaced with units meeting or exceeding OEM specifications quality wise and not subjected to hammering so as to drive them into their confinement, but the reverse is the case in Nigeria. Here, we buy fake chinko parts and hammer it hard into the confinement then drive it over very rough roads and expect it to last.
Re: .... by diportivo: 8:54am On Aug 11, 2016
Op

U still av not stated if u av tried the theories above

Try dem and stop arguments u won't win.

Ur car is still taking u from point A to B,enjoy it while it lasts

Some years ago I had a 1995 Camry..obd1,diagnosis was hard and I started hearing thumps when d gear is changing....so,I sold it and bought a 2000 altima

My mechanic told me the 5 year older Camry is a beta car to d altima...car wey be say d door handle dey break like biscuit up and down,and some oda stuffs I don't need to write

But noooo,since its a Toyota,despite being 5 years older dan d Nissan,its sha beta.....story!!

Someone has even said u will spend 500k on d car

If na Toyota u go spend 500k,I'm sire to some ppl,it will make plenty sense..100k on a nissan is considered a waste....na so life be

Honda,Toyota,even kia and hyundai are all beta dan Nissan......shebi dats why there's no brand new Nissan anymore?since dey av gone out of business
Re: .... by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:03am On Aug 11, 2016
Nissan produced in japan/europe = sturdy and reliable. E.g micra, primera.

Nissan produced in USA = undecided lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: .... by cardoctor(m): 10:12am On Aug 11, 2016
kingreign:

Show me one website, or Honda TSB which states that Honda accords have factory defective ball joints.
Do you know honda suspensions setup is a sporty handling for an FWD mid sized sedan? meaning it offers very good grips and can accomodate hard cornering while soaking up road imperfections and keeping the car safe on the roads?
Ball joints as well as other suspension components are supposed to be checked periodically and any failing part replaced because they're wear and tear items. When ball joints are replaced, the ball joints ought to replaced with units meeting or exceeding OEM specifications quality wise and not subjected to hammering so as to drive them into their confinement, but the reverse is the case in Nigeria. Here, we buy fake chinko parts and hammer it hard into the confinement then drive it over very rough roads and expect it to last.

This guy make sense. Absolutely conclusive.
Re: .... by kingreign(m): 10:39am On Aug 11, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

produced in USA = undecided lipsrsealed
When Mercedes started production in USA and merged with Chrysler LLC, their quality nose dived, Toyota started production of 2007-2012 Camry with Americans in mind. Those cars were almost earning status of being wack products.
Re: .... by diportivo: 10:57am On Aug 11, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Nissan produced in USA = undecided lipsrsealed

Problem wey this altima get no be body/structural

Isnt it sturdy??

Yes,the 2.5s engine is a major fail...but it's d same engine in the xtrail....and xtrail isn't even available in the USA

The VG35DE is the v6 engine of this altima.and dat engine is in use in various Nissan cars....bad engine too

Op is down already...I no wan kick am.there's simply no need

I'm sure when he gets to the point of no return,he will know when to quit

Oil dey? tongue
Re: .... by shortgun(m): 11:59am On Aug 11, 2016
kingreign:

When Mercedes started production in USA and merged with Chrysler LLC, their quality nose dived, Toyota started production of 2007-2012 Camry with Americans in mind. Those cars were almost earning status of being wack products.
Bros don't say what u don't know.
There was no time the quality of Benz nosedived anywhere

There is no manufacturer that doesn't go into partnership with other company(s) for different reasons
that doesn't mean the company will compromise on quality.
Re: .... by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:13pm On Aug 11, 2016
diportivo:

Problem wey this altima get no be body/structural

Isnt it sturdy??

Yes,the 2.5s engine is a major fail...but it's d same engine in the xtrail....and xtrail isn't even available in the USA

The VG35DE is the v6 engine of this altima.and dat engine is in use in various Nissan cars....bad engine too

Op is down already...I no wan kick am.there's simply no need

I'm sure when he gets to the point of no return,he will know when to quit

Oil dey? tongue

the engine is very good, the transmission is a mess.

Oil de
Re: .... by kingreign(m): 1:38pm On Aug 11, 2016
shortgun:

Bros don't say what u don't know.
There was no time the quality of Benz nosedived anywhere

There is no manufacturer that doesn't go into partnership with other company(s) for different reasons
that doesn't mean the company will compromise on quality.

This articles are from the management stand points on the failure of Mercedes Chrysler LLC's merger from 1998-2008

http://www.casestudyinc.com/daimler-chrysler-and-the-failed-merger

https://books.google.com.ng/books?id=GP5JSxFsVSYC&pg=PA306&lpg=PA306&dq=daimler+chrysler+merger+of+equals&source=bl&ots=if07JS3pOC&sig=w1Ut_O8x7yMcivx09_66ERYUAmo&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiZrrWMrrnOAhWGLsAKHbzqC9QQ6AEILjAI#v=onepage&q=daimler%20chrysler%20merger%20of%20equals&f=false

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2007-05-15/news/0705141000_1_daimler-benz-cerberus-capital-management-carmakers

From the engineering & consumer's satisfaction considerations, they are:

http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/5640/chrysler/x/mercedes-chrysler-merger-after-8-years-a-wise-move

http://www.kenrockwell.com/sl/endofmercedes.htm

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2015/06/different-perspective-daimlerchrysler-merger/

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/the-rise-and-fall-and-rise-of-mercedes-benz-22445.html

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a9855/jd-powers-2003-winners-and-losers/

The lists and references are almost inexhaustible. I don't just comment when I don't have any idea. Go and study more on Mercedes and Chrysler you'd know better.

1 Like

Re: .... by shortgun(m): 1:59pm On Aug 11, 2016
kingreign:

This articles are from the management stand points on the failure of Mercedes Chrysler LLC's merger from 1998-2008

http://www.casestudyinc.com/daimler-chrysler-and-the-failed-merger

https://books.google.com.ng/books?id=GP5JSxFsVSYC&pg=PA306&lpg=PA306&dq=daimler+chrysler+merger+of+equals&source=bl&ots=if07JS3pOC&sig=w1Ut_O8x7yMcivx09_66ERYUAmo&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiZrrWMrrnOAhWGLsAKHbzqC9QQ6AEILjAI#v=onepage&q=daimler%20chrysler%20merger%20of%20equals&f=false

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2007-05-15/news/0705141000_1_daimler-benz-cerberus-capital-management-carmakers

From the engineering & consumer's satisfaction considerations, they are:

http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/5640/chrysler/x/mercedes-chrysler-merger-after-8-years-a-wise-move

http://www.kenrockwell.com/sl/endofmercedes.htm

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2015/06/different-perspective-daimlerchrysler-merger/

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/the-rise-and-fall-and-rise-of-mercedes-benz-22445.html

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a9855/jd-powers-2003-winners-and-losers/

The lists and references are almost inexhaustible. I don't just comment when I don't have any idea. Go and study more on Mercedes and Chrysler you'd know better.
I opened the 1st link u provided and nowhere in the article that said anything about compromising on quality.
FYI Daimler-Benz as u know it before d partnership with Chrysler is
a Merger/partnership.
Nothing is wrong in a partnership and it won't reduce quality.
Re: .... by kingreign(m): 2:14pm On Aug 11, 2016
shortgun:

I opened the 1st link u provided and nowhere in the article that said anything about compromising on quality.
FYI Daimler-Benz as u know it before d partnership with Chrysler is
a Merger/partnership.
Nothing is wrong in a partnership and it won't reduce quality.

Bros, you're opening a first link doesn't mean you've read thru all. The top links are the failure of the mergers from the managerial stand points. Go and research more. May I remind you that circa 1998-2008 Mercedes quality was wack. They were at ranked amongst the least reliable brands, being a die hard fan shouldn't make you blind to shortcoming of your superstar, go and research. Dig deep, I'm not gonna comment on this in this thread cos it will ultimately derail the purpose of this thread, you'd rather open a fresh thread and call me in.
Thanks. smiley
Re: .... by shortgun(m): 2:26pm On Aug 11, 2016
kingreign:

Bros, you're opening a first link doesn't mean you've read thru all. The top links are the failure of the mergers from the managerial stand points. Go and research more. May I remind you that circa 1998-2008 Mercedes quality was wack. They were at ranked amongst the least reliable brands, being a die hard fan shouldn't make you blind to shortcoming of your superstar, go and research. Dig deep, I'm not gonna comment on this in this thread cos it will ultimately derail the purpose of this thread, you'd rather open a fresh thread and call me in.
Thanks. smiley
let us leave it at dat like you said but I don't need to do any deep research for a piece of machinery I have in my garage and drive everyday.
Re: .... by HazzanTazzan(m): 4:56pm On Aug 11, 2016
kingreign:

Bros... U get Google...
Type "customers complaints about Honda accord" into Google and see different links with a sea of complaints
Re: .... by HazzanTazzan(m): 5:05pm On Aug 11, 2016
diportivo:
Op

U still av not stated if u av tried the theories above

Try dem and stop arguments u won't win.

Ur car is still taking u from point A to B,enjoy it while it lasts

Some years ago I had a 1995 Camry..obd1,diagnosis was hard and I started hearing thumps when d gear is changing....so,I sold it and bought a 2000 altima

My mechanic told me the 5 year older Camry is a beta car to d altima...car wey be say d door handle dey break like biscuit up and down,and some oda stuffs I don't need to write

But noooo,since its a Toyota,despite being 5 years older dan d Nissan,its sha beta.....story!!

Someone has even said u will spend 500k on d car

If na Toyota u go spend 500k,I'm sire to some ppl,it will make plenty sense..100k on a nissan is considered a waste....na so life be

Honda,Toyota,even kia and hyundai are all beta dan Nissan......shebi dats why there's no brand new Nissan anymore?since dey av gone out of business

Lol...
My mum has been using a manual Nissan almeira for the past 3years... The only issue it ever had was a burnt clutch which was fixed for 6k I think ...

Can u proudly boast of any Honda That can go for 3 years without u spending up to 100k on fixes?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help!!! My Acura ZDX 2010 Radio Control Doesn’t Work / As Seen In Lagos: Man Takes His Car On A Date On Lekki Bridge / Honda Cars Front Wheel Falling Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.