Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

.... - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / .... (5280 Views)

Can I Steam Wash My Nissan Pathfinger 2003 Engine / L Need A Good Mechanic For My Nissan Altima 2008 2.5s / Heating Issue Wit My Nissan Primera (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: .... by HazzanTazzan(m): 5:09pm On Aug 11, 2016
[b][/b]
diportivo:

Problem wey this altima get no be body/structural

Isnt it sturdy??

Yes,the 2.5s engine is a major fail...but it's d same engine in the xtrail....and xtrail isn't even available in the USA

The VG35DE is the v6 engine of this altima.and dat engine is in use in various Nissan cars....bad engine too

Op is down already...I no wan kick am.there's simply no need

I'm sure when he gets to the point of no return,he will know when to quit

Oil dey? tongue

I've heard that V6 is mostly the ones with much problems.. My car is V4... Isn't that a chance to smile
Re: .... by kingreign(m): 6:57pm On Aug 11, 2016
shortgun:

let us leave it at dat like you said but I don't need to do any deep research for a piece of machinery I have in my garage and drive everyday.

Its not about you having a machinery in your house that makes it free of manufacturers defect. And yes, managerial decisions, mergers and acquisions can affect the output of a company positively or negatively.

Cheers!
Re: .... by kingreign(m): 7:12pm On Aug 11, 2016
HazzanTazzan:

Bros... U get Google...
Type "customers complaints about Honda accord" into Google and see different links with a sea of complaints

Here is a chat showing Honda accord problems,
The most problematic Hondas were the 03 and 08, in 03 Honda accord, the most common failure was transmission (V6 transmissions) there were however only 8 suspension relate problem and bone was ball joint problem. In 08 Honda accord, the most common problem was the brake pad premature wear out. There were however 10 suspension problem reported, and, only 1 reported case of ball joint breakage.

Note: consumer complaints isn't a doctored website they give reports of problem encountered by common drivers like you and I and also take data from repair garaged and shops.

Re: .... by HazzanTazzan(m): 8:11pm On Aug 11, 2016
kingreign:

Here is a chat showing Honda accord problems,
The most problematic Hondas were the 03 and 08, in 03 Honda accord, the most common failure was transmission (V6 transmissions) there were however only 8 suspension relate problem and bone was ball joint problem. In 08 Honda accord, the most common problem was the brake pad premature wear out. There were however 10 suspension problem reported, and, only 1 reported case of ball joint breakage.

Note: consumer complaints isn't a doctored website they give reports of problem encountered by common drivers like you and I and also take data from repair garaged and shops.

Very funny I'd say... How many forums have you checked for Honda accord problems? You have probably seen 0.1% of complaints online
Re: .... by kingreign(m): 8:25pm On Aug 11, 2016
HazzanTazzan:

Very funny I'd say... How many forums have you checked for Honda accord problems? You have probably seen 0.1% of complaints online
I'd leave you to yourself.
Re: .... by diportivo: 8:25pm On Aug 11, 2016
HazzanTazzan:
[b][/b]

I've heard that V6 is mostly the ones with much problems.. My car is V4... Isn't that a chance to smile

No

Rather,its the i4 dat has engine issues

If I were to buy an altima,wld do the v6

Besides,stop dis comparism of Honda and Nissan.u won't win grin grin
Re: .... by nurey(m): 8:33pm On Aug 11, 2016
HazzanTazzan:

Lol...
My mum has been using a manual Nissan almeira for the past 3years... The only issue it ever had was a burnt clutch which was fixed for 6k I think ...

Can u proudly boast of any Honda That can go for 3 years without u spending up to 100k on fixes?

You are Still a learner, Nissan may be a bit upscale on aesthetic and gizmo to Honda, but please in terms of reliability don't ever compare a Honda to Nissan, they are not mates.

My brother in laws 2006 accord aka DC has been waxing strong more than 4 years and it has not for once danced shoki, it has never disappointed or left us stranded and it is one of the most trouble free and economical vehicle "I" have ever come across (the I is in parenthesis)

Before you call me a soothsayer, I have personally owned a Nissan almera 2000 AND a Toyota sienna 2000. So I talk from facts.

Nissan products are generally good but, they don't do well when you try to manage faults, they don't take abuse, when the sensors start failing you will hate your self.

If you don't have a Nissan expert (not just professional) and a state of the art scan tool, your Nissan car will be used as a lab rat/ guinea-pig.
Re: .... by diportivo: 10:27pm On Aug 11, 2016
nurey:

If you don't have a Nissan expert (not just professional) and a state of the art scan tool, your Nissan car will be used as a lab rat/ guinea-pig.

The phrase should be experienced professional

Expert ke

Any good and experienced mech shld be able to fix whatever car....engine na engine...MAF sensor does the same job,weda na Nissan engine e dey abi na Cadillac

Abi CPS for Nissan na caterpillar get am?

Yes,some cars are more reliable dan others,but even at dat,an abused honda won't stand a well maintained Nissan

Abi I lie? grin

1 Like

Re: .... by nissparts(m): 11:59pm On Aug 11, 2016
The Nissan would require an "expert" far more than the Honda would

2 Likes

Re: .... by diportivo: 7:33am On Aug 12, 2016
And how will the expert emerge?

From Nissan factory in Japan?

Or one without any prior knowledge of cars at all apart from the in-built Nissan knowledge from birth

Experience garnered over the years isn't key

I don hear una

Op,go and find Nissan expert o....may God help u in ur search
Re: .... by nurey(m): 8:38am On Aug 12, 2016
diportivo:
And how will the expert emerge?

From Nissan factory in Japan?

Or one without any prior knowledge of cars at all apart from the in-built Nissan knowledge from birth

Experience garnered over the years isn't key

I don hear una

Op,go and find Nissan expert o....may God help u in ur search

Difference between professional and expert.

Every professional farmer knows that seeds are planted in the soil at a particular distance but only an "expert" oil palm farmer knows it's seed isn't just planted in the soil at 9m apart, it must be planted and arranged in a triangular form.

A Nissan expert knows how the Nissan engine works better than a professional who knows how every car Engine works.

1 Like

Re: .... by diportivo: 9:02am On Aug 12, 2016
nurey:

Difference between professional and expert.

Every professional farmer knows that seeds are planted in the soil at a particular distance but only an "expert" oil palm farmer knows it's seed isn't just planted in the soil at 9m apart, it must be planted and arranged in a triangular form.

A Nissan expert knows how the Nissan engine works better than a professional who knows how every car Engine works.

Bros,nice analysis...infact,u nailed it.and I agree totally

Op needs an expert for his Nissan.now he knows

Since I am no expert,I can only wish him luck and hopefully will read how the expert helped solve his issues

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Your Worst Okada Experience? / Camry Vs Sentra And Rav4 Vs Outlander / Help Advice Needed Blw 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 Honda Accord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.