Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,819 members, 7,862,711 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:57 AM

Canada Sheds 31,200 Jobs In July, Unemployment Rate Rises To 6.9% - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Canada Sheds 31,200 Jobs In July, Unemployment Rate Rises To 6.9% (584 Views)

Las Vegas Concert Shooting: Death Toll Rises To 50, More Than 200 Injured - Pics / Ugandan Lawmakers Exchange Blows Over Bill Extending The 31 Year Rule Of Museven / PHOTOS: Zimbabwe Youths Protest High Unemployment Rate In Convocation Gowns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Canada Sheds 31,200 Jobs In July, Unemployment Rate Rises To 6.9% by Nobody: 12:43am On Aug 07, 2016
Canada lost a surprising 31,200 jobs in July due to a steep decline in full-time work, a worrying setback for a country grappling with the downturn in the energy sector.

The unexpected job losses sent the unemployment rate up to 6.9 per cent from 6.8 per cent in June, Statistics Canada said in its monthly labour report released on Friday.

“Another hit to an already struggling Canadian economy,” said Arlene Kish, senior economist with IHS Global Insight. “Canadians are wondering where the jobs are. Discouraged workers are leaving the labour force.”

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/jobs-canada-july-1.3708611
Re: Canada Sheds 31,200 Jobs In July, Unemployment Rate Rises To 6.9% by Kasich(m): 5:01pm On Aug 29, 2016
shinarambo1:
Canada lost a surprising 31,200 jobs in July due to a steep decline in full-time work, a worrying setback for a country grappling with the downturn in the energy sector.

The unexpected job losses sent the unemployment rate up to 6.9 per cent from 6.8 per cent in June, Statistics Canada said in its monthly labour report released on Friday.

“Another hit to an already struggling Canadian economy,” said Arlene Kish, senior economist with IHS Global Insight. “Canadians are wondering where the jobs are. Discouraged workers are leaving the labour force.”

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/jobs-canada-july-1.3708611

good day sir,

gone through most of your post on nairaland, and i can tell you are highly knowledgeable on how the Canadian education system works, i would like you to kindly put me through on how to get a scholarship either partial or full at any Canadian University, I am currently doing my NYSC in a power plant and i would like to get a masters degree in power systems engineering or power electronics, lets use this medium as a communication point, or better still if you are on whatsapp we could use that platform too.

thanks, and by the way i am trying either Germany or Canada, anyone that works out for me i'd gladly take, please reply me in due time

(1) (Reply)

Hillary Leads By 201 To 164, Watch It Here / Who Had To Go :-) - Photo Of The Decade ! / Top 7 Secret Societies That Are Running The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.