Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,863 members, 7,821,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

British Council Nigeria Examinations Officers Recruitment- Lagos And PH Centers - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / British Council Nigeria Examinations Officers Recruitment- Lagos And PH Centers (35201 Views)

Appy Now: Graduate Customer Service Officer At British Council Nigeria / WAEC Is Recruiting For Assistant Examinations Officer (audit) / UBA Entry-level Customer Service Officers Recruitment 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: British Council Nigeria Examinations Officers Recruitment- Lagos And PH Centers by Generaloluseye: 11:01am On Jan 19, 2017
Please I have applied for examination officer and also examination assistant. What do you think I need to do to get through the interview and eventually landing the job
SirBrightoc:

No. Had another offer from WAEC which I considered better for me and I resigned from BC just after a month of joining them.

All the same, it is a very good place to work. They have just advertised some positions, including the one I resigned from. I encourage people to apply. They pay well and respect their staff welfare.
Re: British Council Nigeria Examinations Officers Recruitment- Lagos And PH Centers by SirBrightoc(m): 5:05pm On Jan 19, 2017
Generaloluseye:
Please I have applied for examination officer and also examination assistant. What do you think I need to do to get through the interview and eventually landing the job
I once shared a link here. Please find it and prepare with it.
Re: British Council Nigeria Examinations Officers Recruitment- Lagos And PH Centers by Generaloluseye: 9:43pm On Jan 20, 2017
SirBrightoc:

OK. I saw indefinite there and you said in your earlier post that it is a contract job. Please explain and what is the pay in both cases?

1 Like

Re: British Council Nigeria Examinations Officers Recruitment- Lagos And PH Centers by Akasha(f): 9:38pm On Mar 11, 2017
SirBrightoc:

How long did it take for them to get back to you, and do you know how long it took for them to get back to unsuccessful candidates?
Re: British Council Nigeria Examinations Officers Recruitment- Lagos And PH Centers by SirBrightoc(m): 7:20am On Mar 12, 2017
Generaloluseye:
OK. I saw indefinite there and you said in your earlier post that it is a contract job. Please explain and what is the pay in both cases?
A contract can be fixed term or indefinite.
It is fixed term if there is a stated terminal period for the contract, say four years. On the other hand, it is indefinite if there is no stated terminal period and in that case, it continues until one of the parties opts out or terminates it.
In both cases, a contract job can be terminated anytime just in accordance with the terms of the contract. Sometimes, the notice period is usually between two weeks and one month.
Re: British Council Nigeria Examinations Officers Recruitment- Lagos And PH Centers by SirBrightoc(m): 7:41am On Mar 12, 2017
Akasha:

How long did it take for them to get back to you, and do you know how long it took for them to get back to unsuccessful candidates?
In my case, it took more than two weeks, around four weeks. I think it varies.
Re: British Council Nigeria Examinations Officers Recruitment- Lagos And PH Centers by Akasha(f): 9:09am On Mar 12, 2017
SirBrightoc:

In my case, it took more than two weeks, around four weeks. I think it varies.

Do you know how long it took for them to get back to unsuccessful candidates who were interviewed with you?
Re: British Council Nigeria Examinations Officers Recruitment- Lagos And PH Centers by SirBrightoc(m): 7:08pm On Mar 12, 2017
Akasha:

Do you know how long it took for them to get back to unsuccessful candidates who were interviewed with you?
Ada, let's chat on WhatsApp.
Re: British Council Nigeria Examinations Officers Recruitment- Lagos And PH Centers by Generaloluseye: 4:00pm On Apr 17, 2017
SirBrightoc:

No. Had another offer from WAEC which I considered better for me and I resigned from BC just after a month of joining them.

All the same, it is a very good place to work. They have just advertised some positions, including the one I resigned from. I encourage people to apply. They pay well and respect their staff welfare.
Do they give accommodation too or housing allowance?
Re: British Council Nigeria Examinations Officers Recruitment- Lagos And PH Centers by nwadihot: 12:43am On Apr 18, 2017
Generaloluseye:

Generaloluseye:

Please have you heard from them ?
Re: British Council Nigeria Examinations Officers Recruitment- Lagos And PH Centers by Generaloluseye: 9:10am On Apr 18, 2017
nwadihot:

Please have you heard from them ?
for the recent one of exams training and quality assistant! NO. BUT for earlier ones which are exams officer and exams assistant/customer service officer. I got a regret mail.
Which one did u apply for?

1 Like

Re: British Council Nigeria Examinations Officers Recruitment- Lagos And PH Centers by Analee(f): 9:57am On Apr 18, 2017
Generaloluseye:
for the recent one of exams training and quality assistant! NO. BUT for earlier ones which are exams officer and exams assistant/customer service officer. I got a regret mail.
pls hw did u guyz apply?
Re: British Council Nigeria Examinations Officers Recruitment- Lagos And PH Centers by Generaloluseye: 10:26am On Apr 18, 2017
Analee:
pls hw did u guyz apply?
always check their website
Re: British Council Nigeria Examinations Officers Recruitment- Lagos And PH Centers by Analee(f): 10:51am On Apr 18, 2017
Generaloluseye:
always check their website
waz d website?
Re: British Council Nigeria Examinations Officers Recruitment- Lagos And PH Centers by Presh555(m): 11:01am On Apr 18, 2017
I applied last year December but it was unsuccessful. I think it's based on recommendation because of the juicy SALARY and allowance

Site:
http://jobs.britishcouncil.org
Re: British Council Nigeria Examinations Officers Recruitment- Lagos And PH Centers by Generaloluseye: 11:59am On Apr 18, 2017
Presh555:
I applied last year December but it was unsuccessful. I think it's based on recommendation because of the juicy SALARY and allowance

Site:
Recommendations from Who?
Re: British Council Nigeria Examinations Officers Recruitment- Lagos And PH Centers by nwadihot: 9:22pm On Apr 20, 2017
Generaloluseye:

The quality assistant ...also got a regret mail today .
Re: British Council Nigeria Examinations Officers Recruitment- Lagos And PH Centers by Presh555(m): 1:07am On Apr 21, 2017
Generaloluseye:

Recommendations from Who?
Those that work within
Re: British Council Nigeria Examinations Officers Recruitment- Lagos And PH Centers by Generaloluseye: 3:24pm On Apr 21, 2017
Got a regret mail for the quality assistant too day before yesterday. It is like I am getting there gimmicks. I will try next time. But if it is recommendations as someone said earlier. Hmmmm. Nawa
Re: British Council Nigeria Examinations Officers Recruitment- Lagos And PH Centers by SirBrightoc(m): 4:13am On Apr 22, 2017
Presh555:

Site:

Remove that from your mind. I got the job without knowing anybody in the organisation or anyone that has anything to do with them.
Though I resigned for what I deem better, I can give them above 70% on merit-based recruitment.

You have to pay great attention to details in completing your application. Study the requirements and address each of them in your statement
Re: British Council Nigeria Examinations Officers Recruitment- Lagos And PH Centers by Generaloluseye: 7:36am On Apr 22, 2017
SirBrightoc:

Remove that from your mind. I got the job without knowing anybody in the organisation or anyone that has anything to do with them.
Though I resigned for what I deem better, I can give them above 70% on merit-based recruitment.

You have to pay great attention to details in completing your application. Study the requirements and address each of them in your statement
Why not 100%? What if I do copy and paste of their requirements?
Re: British Council Nigeria Examinations Officers Recruitment- Lagos And PH Centers by SirBrightoc(m): 4:45pm On Apr 23, 2017
Generaloluseye:

Why not 100%? What if I do copy and paste of their requirements?
Human factor. Though they do not recruit relatives of their staff, there is a possibility of undisclosed interests. Besides, if you compete with a staff seeking for the same position with you, the staff may have advantage above you as an insider.
Remove your mind from these. I scored them above 70%, meaning an interval between 70% and 100%, but definitely NOT 70%.

Explain what you mean by copy and paste of their requirements.
Re: British Council Nigeria Examinations Officers Recruitment- Lagos And PH Centers by Livebygrace: 4:56pm On Apr 23, 2017
SirBrightoc:

Human factor. Though they do not recruit relatives of their staff, there is a possibility of undisclosed interests. Besides, if you compete with a staff seeking for the same position with you, the staff may have advantage above you as an insider.
Remove your mind from these. I score them above 70%, meaning an interval between 70% and 100%, but definitely NOT 70%.

I applied to a job advertised last year, till now I didn't get either success or regret mail from them till now. And I guess I applied when u did urs though I chose Lagos. What could be happening?
Re: British Council Nigeria Examinations Officers Recruitment- Lagos And PH Centers by Generaloluseye: 6:55pm On Apr 23, 2017
SirBrightoc:

Remove your mind from these. I score them above 70%, meaning an interval between 70% and 100%, but definitely NOT 70%.

I mean where they state requirements such as working with confidential materials, working to deadline, experience managing people and customer service experience. Can I list such with info backing them.
Do u have idea about us embassy jobs. I applied and it is almost 5 weeks

1 Like

Re: British Council Nigeria Examinations Officers Recruitment- Lagos And PH Centers by Generaloluseye: 6:59pm On Apr 23, 2017
SirBrightoc:

Also, is it everything I will address from person specification, skills and knowledge and then experience.
Re: British Council Nigeria Examinations Officers Recruitment- Lagos And PH Centers by jiro(f): 8:11pm On Sep 16, 2017
@SirBrightoc I applied for the post of the examinations officer and I just got a mail to come for a work based test what does it entail? If you can reply asap I would be really grateful as I don't have enough time the test is on Monday and I just received the mail this Saturday morning
Re: British Council Nigeria Examinations Officers Recruitment- Lagos And PH Centers by SirBrightoc(m): 9:11pm On Sep 16, 2017
jiro:
@SirBrightoc I applied for the post of the examinations officer and I just got a mail to come for a work based test what does it entail? If you can reply asap I would be really grateful as I don't have enough time the test is on Monday and I just received the mail this Saturday morning
We can chat. Provide a link.
Re: British Council Nigeria Examinations Officers Recruitment- Lagos And PH Centers by jiro(f): 1:48pm On Sep 17, 2017
SirBrightoc:

Pls follow me so that I can send you a mail directly I already followed you
Re: British Council Nigeria Examinations Officers Recruitment- Lagos And PH Centers by ingenuity2014: 12:55pm On Sep 20, 2017
SirBrightoc:

Hi SirBrightoc, please I sent you a PM. Kindly check, plssssss. Thanks.
Re: British Council Nigeria Examinations Officers Recruitment- Lagos And PH Centers by SirBrightoc(m): 1:55pm On Sep 20, 2017
ingenuity2014:

Hi SirBrightoc, please I sent you a PM. Kindly check, plssssss. Thanks.

Check your email. I replied immediately.
Re: British Council Nigeria Examinations Officers Recruitment- Lagos And PH Centers by SirBrightoc(m): 9:41am On Sep 22, 2017
@casiello, I replied your emails. Please check your spam.
Re: British Council Nigeria Examinations Officers Recruitment- Lagos And PH Centers by itiswell17: 1:18pm On Apr 24, 2018
SirBrightoc:

Pls Sir,,,, I need your help with the application process . its really urgent pls help. My email address is talktochemmy@yahoo.com. pls kindly contact me through this mail and I'll respond immediately.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mention The Worst Company To Work For In Nigeria, & Give Reasons. / Nigerian Navy Recruitment Application For 2017 Now Open - How To Apply / Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.