Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,252 members, 7,811,699 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job (35099 Views)

Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job / Top 10 "Menial Jobs" In Nigeria That Surprisingly Pay Well / Ordeals Of A Nigerian Job Seeker In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Oyindamolah: 6:02pm On Mar 24
Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job

Share your experience with us with all sincerity and give advice ,who knows some people may just need it.
Have you ever left your lucrative Nigerian job be it in the banking, oil and gas, health sector for a menial job overseas & what do you feel about it right now.

We do know that is not that Rossy abroad as no country on earth is filled with milk and honey[/quote]

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by atiku4President(m): 6:11pm On Mar 24
How can that be possible?

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by NPFLADMIN(m): 7:04pm On Mar 24
Honestly, my dad knows a person in this situation.

He earns 1M as salary monthly and also has a side hustle which should be bringing him nothing less than 200k estimate. But the man still wants to leave 4 UK. And getting a job in the UK at the age of around 45+, isn't that almost impossible?

His wife is already there and she's doing care-job.

I still don't understand why he wants to move.

If I ever meet him with my dad before he leaves, I'll tell him "sir, you're making a big mistake!"

Well, he's still agile. I guess that's an advantage.

132 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by delkuf(m): 8:56pm On Mar 24
NPFLADMIN:

He earns 1M as salary monthly and also has a side hustle which should be bringing him nothing less than 200k estimate. But the man still wants to leave 4 UK. And getting a job in the UK at the age of around 45+, isn't that almost impossible?

If I ever meet him with my dad before he leaves, I'll tell him "sir, you're making a big mistake!"

Anyways, abeg who fit dash me 17k? Anyone? Abeg. 9053920228 Opay.
you see the reason why he left. So that his will not go about the internet begging for money.

360 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by NPFLADMIN(m): 9:14pm On Mar 24
delkuf:
you see the reason why he left. So that he will not go about the internet begging for money.

Can someone earning nearly or more than 1.2M suddenly start begging for money?
Bro, I mean... Well, anything can happpen.

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by FinidiGeorge: 9:32pm On Mar 24
So if dem regret, dem go come tell una for here àbí? 🙄

150 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Seunpapa65: 11:02pm On Mar 24
NPFLADMIN:

I believe u earn more than your dad friend

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by ednut1(m): 11:13pm On Mar 24
You will only do menial jobs for long if you japa illegally or didn’t have the right skills from Nigeria. Most people i know that came to Canada with permanent residency are doing job they were doing in Nigeria. Some of them had to start with menial jobs sha (2-4 months) before getting their dream jobs.

But there are people who still japa with visit visa or claim asylum. They don’t regret the menial jobs cos they are still able to save than what they saved in Nigeria.

212 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Omoawoke: 11:42pm On Mar 24
Oyindamolah:

Share your experience with us with all sincerity and give advice ,who knows some people may just need it.
Have you ever left your lucrative Nigerian job be it in the banking, oil and gas, health sector for a menial job overseas & what do you feel about it right now.

We do know that is not that Rossy abroad as no country on earth is filled with milk and honey

There are several people who left their jobs in Nigeria for better jobs in the US, Uk and Canada

Like so many, why focus on those doing menial jobs?

106 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Gadafii: 12:00am On Mar 25
NPFLADMIN:

tell your dad to tell his friend thats making 1.2m per month to dash you 17k😏😏

178 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by NPFLADMIN(m): 12:04am On Mar 25
Seunpapa65:
I believe u earn more than your dad friend
How?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by NPFLADMIN(m): 12:05am On Mar 25
Gadafii:
tell your dad to tell his friend thats making 1.2m per month to dash you 17k

I don't know him.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Gadafii: 12:19am On Mar 25
NPFLADMIN:

I don't know him.
your dad does

Besides do you know anyone here that you are demanding them to send you 17k?

142 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Smartgeek(m): 1:09am On Mar 25
Hehehe
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Smartgeek(m): 1:10am On Mar 25
Gadafii:
your dad does

Hahaha ...million dollar question.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by papyjaypaul: 1:38am On Mar 25
Omoawoke:

Like so many, why focus on those doing menial jobs?

Misery loves company.

In Nigeria, some people are doing so well, they are successful in their fields. In the abroad, people are doing so well, they don't have time for sorry story. They get up and succeed. Why do you think it is lonely at the top It's because many people give up on their way to the top. That's why it looks like it is difficult to find successful people. They are so busy with maintaining their success, you will have to find them to interview them. The ones that are not successful will be whining about life. Life is what you give to it.

One +1 good story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbP6gRC1cFk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9ZpIMrheCk?feature=shared

One bad story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZqtDWWSs14

The same abroad. Choose your own coin of life.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by SeniorGee(m): 3:18am On Mar 25
Nope, I earned my yearly salary in 2weeks. If you're not lazy, you will make it. Nothing like menial jobs, there is dignity of labour here. Its challenging but you can do it...

137 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by wifeesnatcher(m): 6:09am On Mar 25
It's not about the jobs in abroad, it's about the worse economy of Nigeria, if Nigeria economy is not competing with the developed world, you will never regret travelling abroad

Even if UK enter recession and 1 pounds, euro and dollars are still hundred ahead of 1 naira, you will still never regret migrating to a more advance countries except you are lazy like one poster said

95 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by yomi531(m): 6:51am On Mar 25
Its Better to reign in hell than to serve in Heaven. Nam Angels(Who remembers that movie)...

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Panda7(m): 7:56am On Mar 25
NPFLADMIN:

Even a politician don't earn up to a million monthly and that is not even with an employee job. So shove up your lies begger

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by cloud(m): 8:00am On Mar 25
NPFLADMIN:

Sometimes it's not all about money. What happened to good healthcare, security, economy, sound education sector etc. you may not really understand it, but it gets to a point in life where all you want is a safe.and secured environment where you can raise your kids in peace while giving them the best in life. Imagine being kidnapped and a ransom of N500 million is asked for. Where would you start from?

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by WithX(m): 8:51am On Mar 25
Panda7:

Even a politician don't earn up to a million monthly and that is not even with an employee job. So shove up your lies begger

While I think he may exaggerate, there are many people here in Nigeria earning cool 7digits on monthly basis, there are even some in the region of over 2m on monthly basis though most are with multinationals.

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Kevineleven(m): 8:53am On Mar 25
NPFLADMIN:

The man wants to earn more and he will, age is just a number, unless he is sick.
If you like settle for less, na you Sabi.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by BigDawsNet: 9:14am On Mar 25
Oyindamolah:

We do know that is not that Rossy abroad as no country on earth is filled with milk and honey

If you enter with wrong visas you may regret

A lady came in and was working as a dishwasher.. she was frustrated and almost regretted the day she decided to japa... People around comfort her to keep enduring....

3years later... this lady don complete her duplex for lagos island... tho she had stop d dishwasher job and moved to something better... but now... she's foing really well..

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by humilitypays(m): 9:35am On Mar 25
Oyindamolah:

This is an interesting topic that deserves wide exposure to get real life opinions of different Nigerians based on their real life experiences and to enlighten those planning to make a move, but the issue is, Nigerians are not honest people when it comes to issues like this. Even if they are suffering and regretting, they will never tell, they will not even share their regrets with their closest friends and relatives talk more of sharing it with strangers.

They can only share such regrets with someone far better than them whom they strongly believe would assist them, if not forget it.

But from my own experience, I would advice Nigerians earning good income in Nigeria not to abandon it outrightly to Japa with study route to countries like; UK or Canada. If you get a job offer with sponsorship you can go but do not abandon your lucrative job in Nigeria for a study route to UK or Canada right now.

UK is filled already, the only available jobs for those that are not in healthcare and not top IT experts is care job, security job and all those odd jobs that will hardly earn you 2,000 pounds a month. If you convert 2000 pounds to Naira it will look big and juicy, but remember you are not going to be spending the money in Naira? By the time you deduct tax, deduct bills like gas, electricity, car insurance if you have one, feeding and rent, you will definitely need another odd job to meet up with your bill, which means you will be working almost round the clock just to pay bills to remain in the UK.

Canada is not much different, just slightly better than UK but the extreme weather condition in some provinces will make you regret ever moving to Canada.

The best route to Japa to UK or Canada now is work visa if you are working and earning well in Nigeria, but if you are struggling or in an uncertain job in Nigeria with no future or job security, you can Japa even with study route because the future of Nigeria looks scary with the crop of people in charge of federal government of Nigeria now.

96 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by NPFLADMIN(m): 9:39am On Mar 25
Gadafii:
your dad does

Begging.

My dad owe him loans running into millions.
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by NPFLADMIN(m): 9:44am On Mar 25
Panda7:

Ok!
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by NPFLADMIN(m): 9:47am On Mar 25
Kevineleven:

The man wants to earn more and he will, age is just a number, unless he is sick.
If you like settle for less, na you Sabi.

You're maybe right.
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Talkisneeded: 9:53am On Mar 25
I'm still here, never been out of the country... How would I know...

I sell herbs sha

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Starboytwo(m): 10:27am On Mar 25
Dish washer
House help
Road sweeper
Cement carrier to third floor
Factory worker etc.

Out of 10 Nigerians in jand, you will see 9 doing these useless work.

He pay me make I no work Dan to dey clean a useless rascist old white woman yansh and mentally converting my money to Naira to feel better.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by teewhydope(m): 10:58am On Mar 25
Panda7:

A software developer with 3+ years of experience can easily earn 1m+ in Nigeria; fulltime salary + side gigs.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by emperor4love(m): 10:58am On Mar 25
Salary is good compared when u are underpaid in Nigeria

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 2015 Graduate Trainees Recruitment At Rainoil Limited / Finally Nimc Send Success Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.