Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,819 members, 7,828,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Oya Oh! Anambrarians! Soludo Has Declared! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oya Oh! Anambrarians! Soludo Has Declared! (612 Views)

Anambrarians Commend Gov. Obiano Over Operation 'light Up Anambra' Project (PIC) / Dogara Has Declared War Against Buhari, Party, Says Pro-gbajabiamila Group / Why Are Anambrarians So Proud? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oya Oh! Anambrarians! Soludo Has Declared! by Nobody: 6:50am On Sep 23, 2009
Soludo Declares Guber Ambition, Promises 300,000 Jobs
From Charles Onyekamuo in Onitsha, 09.23.2009

Add To Favorites
Print This Article
Post Comment

Before a mammoth crowd of party faithful and supporters estimated at over 80,000, former Central Bank Governor (CBN), Prof. Charles Chukwuma Soludo, last night at Awka, Anambra State, formerly declared his aspiration to be governor of the state in 2010.
He also promised to create over 300,000 jobs in the state within the first year of his administration, if his party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) nominates him as its flag-bearer. Soludo also pomised to make security of lives and property a top priority.
Although Soludo said he was not in Awka to flag-off his campaign but to formally declare his aspiration, yet party faithful and supporters who thronged the arena as early as 10a.m., turned the event into a carnival of sorts, singing his praise.
An obviously elated Soludo, who arrived at about 3.45p.m., mounted the dais immediately after the traditional breaking of kolanuts and introduction of dignitaries, to pay homage to past leaders of the state.
He promised to take Anambra State beyond their expectation, and turn "the beleaguered state into the Dubai of Africa,” if given the nod to fly the party’s flag and go ahead to win the election.
He also enjoined party faithful to go back to their wards and ensure their membership through registration, participate in the ward congress, contest to be delegates and on the day of the state congress, vote for him. Soludo said if he wins, he would conduct local government elections within two months, and upgrade the mega-cities of Awka, Onitsha Nnewi, Ekwulobia, Otuocha and Ihiala into modern urban areas the people would be proud of.
He said he was not ashamed to serve the people at the level of state governor, after a meritorious career as CBN Governor, adding that it was because he wanted to uplift the state, create jobs, ensure security, give education its deserved attention and ensure a healthy environment, that he shunned entreaties to the contrary.
Soludo said a vote for him would translate into the beginning of the birth of new Anambra, which had been encapsulated in the 'Soludo Solution.

www.thisday.com

Anambrarians the train is leaving

Ogbugbankwa, Amawbia, Okpuno, Awka, Aguata, Nnewi, Onitsha, Ihiala, Ozubulu !!!!!!

please join the train before it leaves !!!!!
Re: Oya Oh! Anambrarians! Soludo Has Declared! by Dergi: 6:57am On Sep 23, 2009
do u knw ANY THING ABOUT about domiciliary account? if so kindly let m knw wat is d max amout to b wired.
Re: Oya Oh! Anambrarians! Soludo Has Declared! by jaybee3(m): 7:01am On Sep 23, 2009
Dergi:

do u knw ANY THING ABOUT about domiciliary account? if so kindly let m knw wat is d max amout to b wired.
retard grin grin grin
Re: Oya Oh! Anambrarians! Soludo Has Declared! by 9ijaprince(m): 8:30am On Sep 23, 2009
Soludo has always been a politician right form his undergraduate days. But has not been successful. I hope he will make it this time. Though in a wrong party.
Re: Oya Oh! Anambrarians! Soludo Has Declared! by udezue(m): 8:34am On Sep 23, 2009
I like him but I don't like anyone from PDP.

Anambra ppl should not vote for him unless he is ready to join a party that cares for people not that corrupt pdp
Re: Oya Oh! Anambrarians! Soludo Has Declared! by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 23, 2009
udezue:

I like him but I don't like anyone from PDP.

Anambra ppl should not vote for him unless he is ready to join a party that cares for people not that corrupt pdp

Any party suggestions

and what are their values and manifestos as a party?
Re: Oya Oh! Anambrarians! Soludo Has Declared! by russellino: 9:54am On Sep 23, 2009
He may be qualified but we have had a very rough deal with PDP pr, ks like mbadinuju. Aso Rock candidates are never welcome because they have always been bad news.
Re: Oya Oh! Anambrarians! Soludo Has Declared! by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 23, 2009
russellino:

He may be qualified but we have had a very rough deal with PDP pr, ks like mbadinuju. Aso Rock candidates are never welcome because they have always been bad news.

Well Aso Rock recently declined to extend tenure

If he was so much of an Aso Rock darling he will probably be the CBN Governor now.
Re: Oya Oh! Anambrarians! Soludo Has Declared! by russellino: 10:13am On Sep 23, 2009
@mikeansy
the powers-that-be wanted their man in CBN. Now they probably need someone to shove Obi out of office and soludo is their right man for the hatchet job because he has the image of an achiever,remember akunyili. He really has to show what he has to offer the state because Ndi Anambra havent recovered from mbadinuju (a modern day plague if you ask me)
Re: Oya Oh! Anambrarians! Soludo Has Declared! by MrCrackles(m): 10:14am On Sep 23, 2009
Dergi:

WTF
R u mad

(1) (Reply)

Fg After My Life Over Ibori, Says Ribadu / What Is The Hope For Nigeria? / Make Me Consensus Candidate, Andy Uba Tells Pdp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.