Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,301 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries (15511 Views)

28 Pensioners Die In Cross River State Over Non-payment Of Entitlements.. / APC Dismisses Media Reports About "1,005 Kwara Pensioners" / 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Died Due To Unpaid Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by gbagyiza: 8:09pm On Aug 07, 2016
Carmal90:

Lier, nothing will do them, politics is business in Nigeria, and those politicians has paid their dues during campaign, or will u say I lie?

Pls accept correction.There r many Nigerians that did not sold their right during campaign.so what abt them.
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by mu2sa2: 8:16pm On Aug 07, 2016
Ironically, during the 2015 electioneering pensioners and others were hailing governor Ahmed, calling him megidan kwara(landlord of kwara) and of course the greatest praise was for Saraki who they were hailing as "leader". The 1k they were paid to vote for these crooks has apparently been spent.

1 Like

Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by Carmal90(m): 8:20pm On Aug 07, 2016
gbagyiza:

Pls accept correction.There r many Nigerians that did not sold their right during campaign.so what abt them.

Yes I agree, but their wishes did not materialized , in a nutshell a candidate that win or won any election in Nigeria in most cases bribe his or her way to win.my point is politics is business to each and every politician in Nigeria... though am not saying it is good.
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by mikail1913: 8:36pm On Aug 07, 2016
kwara is a mafia state similar to North Korea. I sometimes ask how much some educated kwarans are paid to still be loyally blinded to this saraki guy. Fatai Ahmed is a product excessive poverty and stupidity. I just pity his foolishness in allowing saraki to keep looting the state in his name. I am an ilorin man and am very sure I will never vote for APC if saraki is still in that party come 2019. There is massive looting in our state...kwara.
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by nex(m): 9:52pm On Aug 07, 2016
So if they tell you this kind of stupid story, you people sef will believe?! 1,005 Pensioners! 1,005 Local Government Pensioners in Kwara since last year?!

LOL!
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by obontami: 10:43pm On Aug 07, 2016
ladyF:
lol nah.... I have no reason to be grin
U mean u can handle his vampire dick ?? grin
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by ladyF(f): 11:11pm On Aug 07, 2016
Draculadick:

hmmmmm okay can you send me your contact
hehehe grin
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by ladyF(f): 11:16pm On Aug 07, 2016
obontami:

Even if he change moniker from draculadick to horsedick, e no concern me o.

Na him wife wahala be dat... grin
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by folks4luv(f): 11:18pm On Aug 07, 2016
gabbylight:
bro the same kwara ppl will vote for these clueless, heartless, shameless and robber politician because of one rubber of rice and one pack of indomie come 2019 let's bet it..
even as a Kwaran, I don't pity my people as much as I should most especially with the high rate of poverty i am seeing around, no matter how much we v suffered, something will just come from somewhere and wipe our memories of pain hunger n frustration n we will end up voting for d wrong people.

1 Like

Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by folks4luv(f): 11:28pm On Aug 07, 2016
Optimusshield:
This is so not true.
Not all news or article is written with the purest of hearts. At this age and century even the most ignorant of individuals weaves around some nonsense and feeds it to the public as news.

Stop the Blackmail, We Don't Owe Pensions: KWSG

The Kwara State government on Sunday clarified that it is not owing pensions, stressing that it is up to date with payment of salaries and entitlements to State workers and retirees. This clarification follows a media report which suggested that some pensioners in the State had died since April, 2015 as a result of unpaid pension allowances.

In a statement via Facebook, (www.facebook.com/kwaragovt) the government emphasized that local councils are responsible for the payment of allowances to the LG retirees referred to in the media report.

“Local government councils in the state, which receive separate allocations from the federal government, are responsible for the said pensioners and have varying degrees of staff and pension arrears,” the statement reads.

The statement noted that the councils have been unable to pay their workers and retirees regularly for the past few months due to the sustained drop in federal allocations accruing to them.

According to the statement, the nonpayment of salaries and pension is not peculiar to Local Government Councils in Kwara State as most LGs are facing similar challenges which is reflective of the current financial situation affecting the country.

The Statement, however, noted that the State governor, Alhaji Abdulfatah Ahmed is working with LG chairmen to resolve the salary and pension crisis at the LG level, including the recent release of N162m to augment allocation for the payment of July salaries, adding that the government was considering other strategies to assist them within its available resources.

The government therefore, called on pensioners and labour unions as well as the opposition to stop trying to blackmail the state government using the plight of the local government pensioners as this is misleading and diversionary.
I am really angry at d moment cos u sounded like one of d KWSG cronies on d social media, but next time u want to defend, you should do it more intelligent. the report up there is about local government pensioners not state, and you can continue to tell d world that it is d local government that is owning n not d state, even an intelligent sss2 government students know there is no true local government system in Nigeria cause the state controls the local govts n their resources.
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by Draculadick(m): 7:00am On Aug 08, 2016
ladyF:

hehehe grin
why the hehe
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by Draculadick(m): 7:02am On Aug 08, 2016
obontami:

obontansoso wetin you find come this section abi u don leave sexuality section ni
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by obontami: 7:23am On Aug 08, 2016
Draculadick:

obontansoso wetin you find come this section abi u don leave sexuality section ni

Hahaha all join na grin
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by obontami: 7:27am On Aug 08, 2016
ladyF:
Even if he change moniker from draculadick to horsedick, e no concern me o.
Na him wife wahala be dat... grin
You mean you love those dicks that are as big as big as that of a horse grin
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by 989900E: 7:54am On Aug 08, 2016
The Saraki effect, from Olusola to Olubukola.
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by ANAKONDA: 8:02am On Aug 08, 2016
ladyF:
Most of these politicians will die a very sorrowful death. angry

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again angry angry angry

Amen.
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by Bimpe29: 8:49am On Aug 08, 2016
Ilorin and other parts of Kwara are not smiling at all, things are difficult there.
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by cococandy(f): 9:19am On Aug 08, 2016
Same with Imo state.

But they aresaints since they belong toAPC.

Buhari and his hounds just pretend like they don't know what's going on.

blueto:
No surprise since the Governor, Abdulfatah Ahmed, is from APC, also known as the inconsiderate party.

Kwara state was a beneficiary of the bailout funds, so its obvious that the APC governor have looted and diverted the funds for other trivial and selfish purposes leaving the pensioners and workers to suffer deprivation and pauperism..

But the EFCC and other anti-graft agencies will abstain from probing him because belongs to APC.

2 Likes

Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by dayoolawepo: 10:38am On Aug 08, 2016
Not true..... I think our journalist should do proper investigations before making information public. How can they justify the figure quoted here? Are there medical reports to justify deaths of pensioners in the state? We should be more realistic and stop practicing lazy journalism just for cheap publicity and popularity.
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by ladyF(f): 10:47am On Aug 08, 2016
obontami:

You mean you love those dicks that are as big as big as that of a horse grin
Hian! I said e no concern me, meaning I have no business with it.

It's his wife that should concern, not me, cry
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by obontami: 10:58am On Aug 08, 2016
ladyF:
Hian! I said e no concern me, meaning I have no business with it.
It's his wife that should concern, not me, cry
Ok bye bye

1 Like

Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by xamilola(f): 11:03am On Aug 08, 2016
Pension money that was used to pay Saraki 4 years when he left office #SMH undecided
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by ladyF(f): 11:40am On Aug 08, 2016
obontami:

Ok bye bye
lol where you dey go?
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by orisa37: 12:20pm On Aug 08, 2016
The Government doesn't care if we all die of hunger owing to unpaid pensions. And The NASS are drawing fat pays every month and padding on the appropriations.
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by obontami: 3:14pm On Aug 08, 2016
ladyF:
lol where you dey go?
I'm still very much round tongue
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by optimusprimer(m): 3:32pm On Aug 08, 2016
My question is how did they get the figures and was there a certain report to show that this assertion is true. We will all leave this world anyway. And some would die any way, even if the pensionS are regular. But then again, let all responsible for paying the pensions ensure they are paid, please. God is watching and he is the judge.
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by pixierock: 3:40pm On Aug 08, 2016
and who counted?
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 08, 2016
pixierock:
and who counted?
The Chairman, Kwara State Local Government Pensioners Association, Mr. lsiaka Akanbi, on Saturday, said no fewer than 1,005 of its members had died since April 2015, as a result of unpaid pension allowances.

The Chairman of the Association said so, they keep records about their members.
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by Draculadick(m): 6:29pm On Aug 08, 2016
ladyF:

lol where you dey go?

lady gaga who told you am married am too young to be married except you wanna marry me you know what am talking
i can wait for you when you are done with university
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by ladyF(f): 8:54pm On Aug 08, 2016
Draculadick:

lady gaga who told you am married am too young to be married except you wanna marry me you know what am talking
i can wait for you when you are done with university

ermmm...and who told you ayam not done with university? grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rebuild Borno: Osinbajo Meets With Shettima And Military Chiefs [PHOTOS] / Just In: EFCC Releases Atiku’s Son-in-law / Anti-Open Grazing: Akeredolu Says Southern Governors Won’t Reply Miyetti Allah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.