Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,356 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries (15496 Views)

28 Pensioners Die In Cross River State Over Non-payment Of Entitlements.. / APC Dismisses Media Reports About "1,005 Kwara Pensioners" / 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Died Due To Unpaid Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by ladyF(f): 4:18pm On Aug 07, 2016
Carmal90:

Lier, nothing will do them, politics is business in Nigeria, and those politicians has paid their dues during campaign, or will u say I lie?
karma has a way dear... wink
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by MrImole: 4:19pm On Aug 07, 2016
Who's counting?
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by ladyF(f): 4:19pm On Aug 07, 2016
Draculadick:

lady gaga where have you been i missed you so much baby
I've been around....

Your moniker though... shocked
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by gabbylight: 4:28pm On Aug 07, 2016
bro the same kwara ppl will vote for these clueless, heartless, shameless and robber politician because of one rubber of rice and one pack of indomie come 2019 let's bet it..

3 Likes

Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by baxxx: 4:29pm On Aug 07, 2016
don't blame fatai , saraki is incharge &he will surely pay for it
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by Draculadick(m): 4:30pm On Aug 07, 2016
ladyF:

I've been around....

Your moniker though... shocked
baby are you scared of my moniker
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by baxxx: 4:32pm On Aug 07, 2016
don't blame fatai , saraki is incharge &he will surely pay for it by d special grace of god
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by DedeNkem: 4:36pm On Aug 07, 2016
This is what happens when you allow thieves to steal elections.
Pensioners are owed all over Nigeria. Most State governments owe civil servants months of salary arrears while pensioners are totally forgotten.

Nigerian politicians are the worst in the world! We've thieves as "leaders"!

3 Likes

Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by ladyF(f): 4:42pm On Aug 07, 2016
Draculadick:

baby are you scared of my moniker
lol nah.... I have no reason to be grin
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by Onlymewakacum(m): 4:42pm On Aug 07, 2016
ladyF:
Most of these politicians will die a very sorrowful death. angry

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again angry angry angry

Quite a while

1 Like

Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 07, 2016
Politicians punishing kwara people since the the period of Pangaea
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by Mylove55(f): 4:44pm On Aug 07, 2016
iwillexposeu:
I thought it was only Edo state dea owing workers,stupid government
never u mention edo state among states that owns workers
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by Draculadick(m): 4:54pm On Aug 07, 2016
ladyF:

lol nah.... I have no reason to be grin

hmmmmm okay can you send me your contact
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by Willybos(m): 4:55pm On Aug 07, 2016
elmisti:
ok
ok
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by Pennywise(m): 5:03pm On Aug 07, 2016
This is a legacy of poverty and death left behind by Bukola Saraki, former Governor Kwara state.
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by jojothaiv(m): 5:09pm On Aug 07, 2016
I give up....
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by elmisti(m): 5:24pm On Aug 07, 2016
Willybos:

ok
abi wetin person wan talk for d mata now?
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by 3sexy: 5:27pm On Aug 07, 2016
Congratts to Buhari and all the zombees defending him!

Blood on your block heads
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by weedfada(m): 5:39pm On Aug 07, 2016
This Nigerian system that doesn't give a damn about the welfare of the aged/elderly, nawa o! "Caring for our seniors is perhaps our greatest responsibility we have. Those who walked before us have given so much and made possible the life we all enjoy" - Senator John Hoeven.
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 07, 2016
This is so not true.
Not all news or article is written with the purest of hearts. At this age and century even the most ignorant of individuals weaves around some nonsense and feeds it to the public as news.

Stop the Blackmail, We Don't Owe Pensions: KWSG

The Kwara State government on Sunday clarified that it is not owing pensions, stressing that it is up to date with payment of salaries and entitlements to State workers and retirees. This clarification follows a media report which suggested that some pensioners in the State had died since April, 2015 as a result of unpaid pension allowances.

In a statement via Facebook, (www.facebook.com/kwaragovt) the government emphasized that local councils are responsible for the payment of allowances to the LG retirees referred to in the media report.

“Local government councils in the state, which receive separate allocations from the federal government, are responsible for the said pensioners and have varying degrees of staff and pension arrears,” the statement reads.

The statement noted that the councils have been unable to pay their workers and retirees regularly for the past few months due to the sustained drop in federal allocations accruing to them.

According to the statement, the nonpayment of salaries and pension is not peculiar to Local Government Councils in Kwara State as most LGs are facing similar challenges which is reflective of the current financial situation affecting the country.

The Statement, however, noted that the State governor, Alhaji Abdulfatah Ahmed is working with LG chairmen to resolve the salary and pension crisis at the LG level, including the recent release of N162m to augment allocation for the payment of July salaries, adding that the government was considering other strategies to assist them within its available resources.

The government therefore, called on pensioners and labour unions as well as the opposition to stop trying to blackmail the state government using the plight of the local government pensioners as this is misleading and diversionary.
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by yuskanovic(m): 5:51pm On Aug 07, 2016
That Governor is the worst among all the states, workers are not paid, pensioners are dying and yet he sits in the government house as if he'll remain their forever. The judgement of Allah will never let them be until they do the right thing.
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by Firefire(m): 6:06pm On Aug 07, 2016
May the blood of the dead hunt Fatal Ahmed & Bukola Saraki till their death.
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by morayolawal: 6:15pm On Aug 07, 2016
Pls dnt blame apc for d pensioners problem but d oga patapata in kwara who has put kwara in his pocket but d God wl rescue kwara from saraki oneday.
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by UCF(m): 6:31pm On Aug 07, 2016
This not a true story. Am from Kwara, the state govt is not owing pensioners. We should verify stories b4 dropping comments.
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by amtaken(f): 6:39pm On Aug 07, 2016
Aisha advise your boyfriend before it's too late.
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by Ademoore07(m): 6:44pm On Aug 07, 2016
Carmal90:

Lier, nothing will do them, politics is business in Nigeria, and those politicians has paid their dues during campaign, or will u say I lie?
Your parent be a politician. Mtchew lipsrsealed
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by holuphisayor(m): 6:47pm On Aug 07, 2016
I smell politics ....can someone give me statistics for osun state?
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by Carmal90(m): 7:20pm On Aug 07, 2016
Ademoore07:

Your parent be a politician. Mtchew lipsrsealed

Are u abusing me? Look am not d one to be abuse, pls abuse those that collect money from them when it was obvious that they won't perform, pls blame educated but not historically inclined people that tends to forget one past in electing him into elective position again..pls spare me and I will be happy if my parents are politician.
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by HMZi: 7:28pm On Aug 07, 2016
We should seriously consider using social media to launch a massive protest/petition on this issue,raise ur voices my compatriots,type on those keypads of urs. #PaySalaries #ManWorkManChop
#Hungereverywhere..our leaders have a mustard seed size compassion.#PMBWakeUp.
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by olakabir: 7:39pm On Aug 07, 2016
only GOD can save kwarans from slavery and exploitation... because d life is becoming uncomfortable for d pple of d state.. workers are not paid... no capital projects..and social amenities...!
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by irunoko(m): 7:50pm On Aug 07, 2016
The blood of those old people that died and their sweat will cry against those that squandered their money. Shebi they too Will retire one day.life is turn by turn .they too will die lonely on a sick bed without anyone to even ask of them or give them food to eat
Re: 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries by willibounce1(m): 7:56pm On Aug 07, 2016
ladyF:
Most of these politicians will die a very sorrowful death. angry

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again angry angry angry

Na lie Madam. They won't die any sorrowful death unless Nigerians use thier hands to murder them brutally.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Apc’ll Take Over Abia – Osinbajo / Buhari To Join the Campaign Train For Tinubu In 10 States / Pictures As South East Governors Meet To Discuss, Security And Airport Closure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.