Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,406 members, 7,812,200 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

Poetry Is Totally Insipid: Tale Of A Useless Craft - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Poetry Is Totally Insipid: Tale Of A Useless Craft (622 Views)

This Is What Poetry Is All About. / Nigeria;the Tale Of A Dead Glory / Tale Of A Wounded Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poetry Is Totally Insipid: Tale Of A Useless Craft by Scholarincharge(m): 10:12pm On Aug 07, 2016
in my mother womb I pick a pen
poetry, prose, play and essay
four brothers of same father
tussle for my mussle and hussle
they flash around jewels that lures
be me, trick me, act me, define me
they table what they are cable
I want to be, I choose the be me.
poetry become my voice, my song
I sing amidst the chinese bamboo
the magic I await yet to bang
I sing to the nightgale all night
hunger still wipe more the day
I sing to local publications
I turn a publish poet with zero coin
I chase and sing to the seas
perhaps my song be melodious
in the foreign ears of strangers
perhaps some buck crumb down
from the table of the poetry lords
but it's all wish, easy for alm takers
be it real, they ride gaint horses
same fate for the stinking poets
cos poetry is no commercial art
only we, the passionate few stand
to walk galantly on its lone path-
and Be. As she has all promise us
kudos to bard, to the sons of word
who will never stumble nor fumble
and quit Mother's Pot cos it lacks meat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poetry Is Totally Insipid: Tale Of A Useless Craft by Nobody: 1:13am On Aug 08, 2016
I swear even as a fully grown adult I still don't understand poetry.
Re: Poetry Is Totally Insipid: Tale Of A Useless Craft by timpaker(m): 2:03am On Aug 08, 2016
Heheheheheheh. Nice write up man. (just few typos).

Poetry itself has different meaning to different people. I share your plight though.
Re: Poetry Is Totally Insipid: Tale Of A Useless Craft by DRISKLEF(m): 5:44am On Aug 08, 2016
Ha! Ha!
Re: Poetry Is Totally Insipid: Tale Of A Useless Craft by JoeBlocks(m): 7:12am On Aug 08, 2016
I find your write-up confusing. Your topic is totally misleading though. The poem you wrote would have looked better if you had arranged it properly.
Re: Poetry Is Totally Insipid: Tale Of A Useless Craft by timpaker(m): 6:41pm On Aug 08, 2016
JoeBlocks:
I find your write-up confusing. Your topic is totally misleading though. The poem you wrote would have looked better if you had arranged it properly.

I think he wrote in light poetry and probably typed from a phone.
Re: Poetry Is Totally Insipid: Tale Of A Useless Craft by JoeBlocks(m): 7:09pm On Aug 08, 2016
timpaker:

I think he wrote in light poetry and probably typed from a phone.
Alright Mr Tim.
Re: Poetry Is Totally Insipid: Tale Of A Useless Craft by Scholarincharge(m): 1:05am On Aug 11, 2016
charix:
I swear even as a full adult I still don't understand poetry.

I can feel your plight, the craft is a complicated one.
Re: Poetry Is Totally Insipid: Tale Of A Useless Craft by Scholarincharge(m): 1:09am On Aug 11, 2016
JoeBlocks:

I intentionally wrote it like that to depict how complicated and confusing peotry can be.

1 Like

Re: Poetry Is Totally Insipid: Tale Of A Useless Craft by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 12, 2016
Poetry Tah! They are Artistes who can't sing, writers who can't write and men who can't get laid.

Truly, poetry is a grand profession undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

To The Her / Kunsky411 Needs Ur Vote / Journey To Hibernation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.