Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Broiler Feed Finisher Formula For Poultry Farmers - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Broiler Feed Finisher Formula For Poultry Farmers (34028 Views)

What Would Happen If You Fed Day Old Chicks Finisher Instead Of Starter? / Who Is Intersted In 2 Bags Of Hybrid Finisher At N2,500 Each In Ibadan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Broiler Feed Finisher Formula For Poultry Farmers by jay7(m): 10:15pm On Aug 07, 2016
Good evening nairalanders, Jay1 is here to give poultry farmers a broiler finisher feed formula for free, because commercial feed prices has been sky rocketing of recent, as we know that feeding constitutes about 70% of the total cost of poultry production and in other to maximize profit poultry farming has to be carried out efficiently for high productivity and sustainability of the industry,.
A poultry diet is expected to contain three essential nutrients protein, vitamins and minerals as well as provide adequate Metabolizable energy.
Protein is essential in all animal life, protein make up a large part of the muscle, skin, beak, feathers, cartilages and internal organs of animals and are needed for proper growth.
Before you think of using this my feed formula please confirm if the selling price per kilogram of the feed ingredients mention here is the same or less than the one mention here.
Maize=N70 per Kg, Soybean full fat= N180 per Kg, Groundnut cake= N180 per Kg, Brewer dry grain= N30 per Kg, Maize offal= N30 per Kg, Bone meal= N100 per Kg, Methionine= N1000 per Kg, Lysine= N1000 per Kg, Vitamin/Mineral Premix= N1000 per Kg, and Salt (the normal salt you use in cooking at home).

THE FEED FORMULA
Cost of producing this feed if you get the ingredients at the stated price then a 25kg bag of finisher broiler feed will cost you N2,775

Maize=44Kg
Soybean Full Fat=34Kg
Groundnut Cake=2kg
Brewer Dry Grain=12Kg
Maize Offal=4kg
Bone Meal=3Kg
Methionine=0.25Kg
Lysine=0.25Kg
Vitamin/Mineral Premix=0.25kg
Salt=0.25Kg

The above feed formula contain (ME Kcal/Kg=3038.80), (CP=21.05%), (Cal=1.19%), (CF=3.60)
If you measure everything above and mix it will give you 100Kg of feed which is four bags of feed 25Kg each.
If you want to compound let us say 30Kg of feed what you have to do is just use this simple mathematical formula for each of the ingredients
Maize= 30/100 multiply the value of maize in the formula which is 44 and you will get 13.2Kg,
For Soybean full fat=30/100 multiply the value of Soybean full fat in the formula which is 34 and you will get 10.2Kg.
You will continue with the calculation for all the ingredients for Methionine, Lysine, Vitamin/Mineral Premix and Salt which has a value of 0.25Kg you will say 30/100 multiply the value in the formula which is 0.25 and you will get (0.075).
Thanks and I wish you a successful farming feel free to ask your question I will try my best to answer you as soon as possible.
Cc Lalasticlala, Seun, Pavore9, FarmTech your attention is needed to help push this topic to the front page to help poultry farmers.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Broiler Feed Finisher Formula For Poultry Farmers by GodnGold: 12:05am On Aug 08, 2016
Thank you!
Re: Broiler Feed Finisher Formula For Poultry Farmers by loye80: 11:17am On Aug 08, 2016
Welldone bros, but I will be interested in where I can get maize at this price (N70/kg). The price is far higher at my end presently.

2 Likes

Re: Broiler Feed Finisher Formula For Poultry Farmers by jay7(m): 2:31pm On Aug 08, 2016
loye80:
Welldone bros, but I will be interested in where I can get maize at this price (N70/kg). The price is far higher at my end presently.

Where are you and how much did a kilogram of maize go for in your area.
Re: Broiler Feed Finisher Formula For Poultry Farmers by Ozededes: 9:05pm On Aug 08, 2016
Buy land for agricultural purpose in Ibiyan , yewa north local govt area ogun state for 270,000naira per acre.
Documents:
Provisional survey
Deed of assignment.
For more info call 08059414703
Start building your future now.

1 Like

Re: Broiler Feed Finisher Formula For Poultry Farmers by emmolofarms: 12:07am On Aug 11, 2016
@jay7
Thanks a lot for the formula. Want to ask, do you presently use this formula in your production or have you used it before? If yes, how was the birds performance and at what age and weight were they at maturity?

1 Like

Re: Broiler Feed Finisher Formula For Poultry Farmers by jay7(m): 2:06am On Aug 11, 2016
emmolofarms:
@jay7
Thanks a lot for the formula. Want to ask, do you presently use this formula in your production or have you used it before? If yes, how was the birds performance and at what age and weight were they at maturity?

Thanks yes it's ok and the formula was use for the last four weeks (5th to 8 weeks of age) and the weight was ok.
Re: Broiler Feed Finisher Formula For Poultry Farmers by Nicogen4us(f): 9:02am On Aug 11, 2016
jay7:

Thanks yes it's ok and the formula was use for the last four weeks (5th to 8 weeks of age) and the weight was ok.
state the weight range please.
Re: Broiler Feed Finisher Formula For Poultry Farmers by jay7(m): 4:09pm On Aug 11, 2016
Nicogen4us:
state the weight range please.
2.4kg to 3.1kg (you know there are lot of factors that limit bird growth such as diseases especially Coccidiosis) and with this weight a gain of 600 to 1000 plus is achievable on the birds depending on the mode of selling. ( either by dressing or selling to individuals)
Re: Broiler Feed Finisher Formula For Poultry Farmers by emmolofarms: 6:52pm On Aug 11, 2016
jay7:

2.4kg to 3.1kg (you know there are lot of factors that limit bird growth such as diseases especially Coccidiosis) and with this weight a gain of 600 to 1000 plus is achievable on the birds depending on the mode of selling. ( either by dressing or selling to individuals)

Kk. Thanks a lot. Will use this formula for Christmas production. I produce Christmas chicken at 10weeks with supreme feeds and get an average weight 3kg and average selling price of #2500 here in the village where I stay (abia state, Umunneochi LGA)
Re: Broiler Feed Finisher Formula For Poultry Farmers by Gadgetmobil(m): 9:08pm On Aug 11, 2016
Glued in cool
Re: Broiler Feed Finisher Formula For Poultry Farmers by tuk2ato(m): 9:32am On Aug 12, 2016
Has the price of maize gone down? It sells for 110-115 naira over here.
jay7:

Where are you and how much did a kilogram of maize go for in your area.
Re: Broiler Feed Finisher Formula For Poultry Farmers by emmolofarms: 1:30pm On Aug 12, 2016
tuk2ato:
Has the price of maize gone down? It sells for 110-115 naira over here.
Price of maize is about #130-140 in Enugu/abia state
@jay7-what is d effect of changing any of d feedstuff in your formula to another due to scarcity? Like maize offal is scarce-can it be replaced with wheat offal and at want percentage? What if GNC is to be changed to fishmeal? Just asking please!!!
Re: Broiler Feed Finisher Formula For Poultry Farmers by jay7(m): 8:38am On Aug 13, 2016
emmolofarms:

Price of maize is about #130-140 in Enugu/abia state
@jay7-what is d effect of changing any of d feedstuff in your formula to another due to scarcity? Like maize offal is scarce-can it be replaced with wheat offal and at want percentage? What if GNC is to be changed to fishmeal? Just asking please!!!

The rate at which maize increase in the market baffles me too, i went to the market few days ago only to hear that 100 kg of maize now sell for 11,000 to 12,000 that's 110 to 120 per Kg
Changing their feed suddenly has an adverse effects on them but before you run out of stock (i mean the old fees) you can be mixing the old feed with the new fees gradually until you successfully eliminate the old feed and again make sure you follow the prescribe mixing percentage for those ingredients for example wheat offal shouldn't be more than 20% per 100kg feed formula and fish meal at most should not exceed 4% per 100kg meal,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Broiler Feed Finisher Formula For Poultry Farmers by jay7(m): 8:04am On Aug 14, 2016
emmolofarms:

Kk. Thanks a lot. Will use this formula for Christmas production. I produce Christmas chicken at 10weeks with supreme feeds and get an average weight 3kg and average selling price of #2500 here in the village where I stay (abia state, Umunneochi LGA)

If 3kg bird can go for 3500 in your area then it shows that poultry is profitable there if you know how to handle your farm very well then you are likely to make 70 to 110% gain on your investment with the above selling price.
Re: Broiler Feed Finisher Formula For Poultry Farmers by toks4ever004(m): 1:20pm On Aug 15, 2016
toks4ever004: Thanks for the formulae but what about d starter formulae, here in Ogun State maize is so expensive here.
Re: Broiler Feed Finisher Formula For Poultry Farmers by jay7(m): 2:58pm On Aug 15, 2016
toks4ever004:
toks4ever004: Thanks for the formulae but what about d starter formulae, here in Ogun State maize is so expensive here.

@ toks4ever004 for the starter formula at a cheaper price than this finisher formula contact me on whatsapp with 08070872196 but it comes with a price ooo, it is not free.

2 Likes

Re: Broiler Feed Finisher Formula For Poultry Farmers by Tyche(m): 8:30pm On Aug 15, 2016
jay7:
Good evening nairalanders, Jay1 is here to give poultry farmers a broiler finisher feed formula for free, because commercial feed prices has been sky rocketing of recent, as we know that feeding constitutes about 70% of the total cost of poultry production and in other to maximize profit poultry farming has to be carried out efficiently for high productivity and sustainability of the industry,.
A poultry diet is expected to contain three essential nutrients protein, vitamins and minerals as well as provide adequate Metabolizable energy.
Protein is essential in all animal life, protein make up a large part of the muscle, skin, beak, feathers, cartilages and internal organs of animals and are needed for proper growth.
Before you think of using this my feed formula please confirm if the selling price per kilogram of the feed ingredients mention here is the same or less than the one mention here.
Maize=N70 per Kg, Soybean full fat= N180 per Kg, Groundnut cake= N180 per Kg, Brewer dry grain= N30 per Kg, Maize offal= N30 per Kg, Bone meal= N100 per Kg, Methionine= N1000 per Kg, Lysine= N1000 per Kg, Vitamin/Mineral Premix= N1000 per Kg, and Salt (the normal salt you use in cooking at home).

THE FEED FORMULA
Cost of producing this feed if you get the ingredients at the stated price then a 25kg bag of finisher broiler feed will cost you N2,775

Maize=44Kg
Soybean Full Fat=34Kg
Groundnut Cake=2kg
Brewer Dry Grain=12Kg
Maize Offal=4kg
Bone Meal=3Kg
Methionine=0.25Kg
Lysine=0.25Kg
Vitamin/Mineral Premix=0.25kg
Salt=0.25Kg

The above feed formula contain (ME Kcal/Kg=3038.80), (CP=21.05%), (Cal=1.19%), (CF=3.60)
If you measure everything above and mix it will give you 100Kg of feed which is four bags of feed 25Kg each.
If you want to compound let us say 30Kg of feed what you have to do is just use this simple mathematical formula for each of the ingredients
Maize= 30/100 multiply the value of maize in the formula which is 44 and you will get 13.2Kg,
For Soybean full fat=30/100 multiply the value of Soybean full fat in the formula which is 34 and you will get 10.2Kg.
You will continue with the calculation for all the ingredients for Methionine, Lysine, Vitamin/Mineral Premix and Salt which has a value of 0.25Kg you will say 30/100 multiply the value in the formula which is 0.25 and you will get (0.075).
Thanks and I wish you a successful farming feel free to ask your question I will try my best to answer you as soon as possible.
Cc Lalasticlala, Seun, Pavore9, FarmTech your attention is needed to help push this topic to the front page to help poultry farmers.

1 Like

Re: Broiler Feed Finisher Formula For Poultry Farmers by Kowemonday(m): 11:30am On Apr 06, 2017
Thanks boss, pls i have 2 questions concerning this formular. 1-what nd what can one use in the absence of brewer dry grain and Maize offal. 2- Is it adviseable to toast our Maize nd Soya before we mill? Bless u Boss.
Re: Broiler Feed Finisher Formula For Poultry Farmers by jay7(m): 4:14pm On Apr 07, 2017
Kowemonday:
Thanks boss, pls i have 2 questions concerning this formular. 1-what nd what can one use in the absence of brewer dry grain and Maize offal. 2- Is it adviseable to toast our Maize nd Soya before we mill? Bless u Boss.

Sorry for replying late altering anything in this formula will affect it, because each ingredients has it own separate nutrients content and as for the maize you don't toast maize it is the soybean full fat that needs toasting
Re: Broiler Feed Finisher Formula For Poultry Farmers by vyke2008: 12:12pm On Jul 24, 2017
Thanks Sir Jay! Please I want to
start a peasant poultry farm.... just for trial. Where would I get these listed ingredients for feed production?
Re: Broiler Feed Finisher Formula For Poultry Farmers by jay7(m): 6:00am On Aug 25, 2017
vyke2008:
Thanks Sir Jay! Please I want to
start a peasant poultry farm.... just for trial. Where would I get these listed ingredients for feed production?

Your location? But it can be gotten from the market or a feed mill. You can contact me on whatsapp via my signature.
Re: Broiler Feed Finisher Formula For Poultry Farmers by Razak1: 3:42pm On Nov 10, 2017
Nice one bro! please am kind of confuse about C.P, is d formula for finisher or starter...2) please can you give d C.P for both
Re: Broiler Feed Finisher Formula For Poultry Farmers by jay7(m): 6:39am On Nov 12, 2017
Razak1:
Nice one bro! please am kind of confuse about C.P, is d formula for finisher or starter...2) please can you give d C.P for both

The formula is for finisher diet of broiler birds
Re: Broiler Feed Finisher Formula For Poultry Farmers by MrBONE2(m): 11:27am On Nov 29, 2017
jay7:

The formula is for finisher diet of broiler birds
please can we use rice bran in place of maize offal and wheat bran in place of Brewers dry grain
Thanks
Re: Broiler Feed Finisher Formula For Poultry Farmers by jay7(m): 3:48am On Nov 30, 2017
MrBONE2:
please can we use rice bran in place of maize offal and wheat bran in place of Brewers dry grain
Thanks

The truth is those items you mentioned are feed ingredients too, but each ingredients has it % nutrients composition and that is what I formulated based on. If you replace any ingredient with another one or change the value, it will affect the calculated analysis of the above feed formula. Thanks
Re: Broiler Feed Finisher Formula For Poultry Farmers by MrBONE2(m): 8:01am On Nov 30, 2017
jay7:

The truth is those items you mentioned are feed ingredients too, but each ingredients has it % nutrients composition and that is what I formulated based on. If you replace any ingredient with another one or change the value, it will affect the calculated analysis of the above feed formula. Thanks
Thanks
BROS
Re: Broiler Feed Finisher Formula For Poultry Farmers by wajek4me: 12:14pm On Dec 02, 2017
can processed cassava peel be used for poultry feed instead of maize?.
Re: Broiler Feed Finisher Formula For Poultry Farmers by athanoffor: 11:48am On Dec 26, 2017
you can use dry cassava peel in replace of maize it contain enough starch. in weight, muscles gains you need 45-50% pure starch, 35-40% high protein source, 7-9% fiber (brewery grain) follow by others.
Re: Broiler Feed Finisher Formula For Poultry Farmers by athanoffor: 11:51am On Dec 26, 2017
you can use dry cassava peel in replace of maize it contain enough starch. in weight, muscles gains you need 45-50% pure starch, 35-40% high protein source, 7-9% fiber (brewery grain) follow by others.
coolyou can use dry cassava peel in replace of maize it contain enough starch. in weight, muscles gains you need 45-50% pure starch, 35-40% high protein source, 7-9% fiber (brewery grain) follow by others.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The best Tarpaulin Fish Ponds for sale in Nigeria / Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here / Planting Ugu This Month On An Acre Of Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.