Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Rio2016 Olympics: Colombia Vs Nigeria 2 - 0 On 10th August 2016 - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rio2016 Olympics: Colombia Vs Nigeria 2 - 0 On 10th August 2016 (69238 Views)

World Cup: Colombia Vs England - 1 - 1 (3 - 4 On Penalties) Full Time / Colombia Vs Japan: World Cup (1 - 2) On 19th June 2018 / Mikel Obi Reacts To Nigeria 2 - 0 Loss To Croatia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rio2016 Olympics: Colombia Vs Nigeria 2 - 0 On 10th August 2016 by kgr8mike(m): 12:19pm On Aug 09, 2016
Though it is not competitive now pls remember the records and history. Let's beat all till we have secured the gold.

1 Like

Re: Rio2016 Olympics: Colombia Vs Nigeria 2 - 0 On 10th August 2016 by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 09, 2016
Colombia will lead us with one goal.. I foresee 2-1 or 3-2..
Re: Rio2016 Olympics: Colombia Vs Nigeria 2 - 0 On 10th August 2016 by Emmatdayo(m): 12:25pm On Aug 09, 2016
Mediapace:
I pray we don't meet brazil now
instead pray brazil doesn't qualify from their group if not.......... grin
Re: Rio2016 Olympics: Colombia Vs Nigeria 2 - 0 On 10th August 2016 by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 09, 2016
Sweden Coach Eats His Words : Nigeria Are Better Than Colombia

Sweden Olympic National Team coach Hakan Ericson has retracted his statements concerning the Nigerian U23 team, and has admitted they are superior than the first team they faced at the Rio Olympic Games, Colombia.

Days leading up to the clash at the Arena Amazonia, the 56-year-old had picked holes in the Nigerian defending in their opener against Japan, but his team did not measure up to the quality of the African champs on Monday morning.

“I think we showed that it is possible to play against them. We were not at all up to standard in the first half,”Ericson told TV3.

Asked to compare Nigeria and Colombia, he replied :“Now we had an opponent who was better. Above all, the enormous physical (advantage).”

The Samson Siasia-led side were better on the day in all indices, with 21 shots compared to the Swedes who managed 4, better possession and more corner kicks in their favour.

Nigeria had ten shots on target , whereas the Scandinavians managed one throughout the game.

http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=20016

1 Like

Re: Rio2016 Olympics: Colombia Vs Nigeria 2 - 0 On 10th August 2016 by king94(m): 12:30pm On Aug 09, 2016
The match is not going to be shown on supersport.

1 Like

Re: Rio2016 Olympics: Colombia Vs Nigeria 2 - 0 On 10th August 2016 by Rajosh(m): 12:41pm On Aug 09, 2016
with Brazil's current form or lack of form I'm not scared of them. I just hope denmark will top their group. I still prefer we meet Iraq or South Africa .

1 Like

Re: Rio2016 Olympics: Colombia Vs Nigeria 2 - 0 On 10th August 2016 by robosky02(m): 12:45pm On Aug 09, 2016
star player to watch out for:

Colombia: Cristian Bonilla,(Goalkeeper)

The 23-year-old goalkeeper made his international debut at the 2009 U17 World Cup hosted by Nigeria,
before he featured at two FIFA U20 World Cups in 2011 and 2013.

He has already been compared with Colombia’s No.1 national team keeper Oscar Cordoba.

he has already concede 4 goal at this tournament. he will be the man to stand in the way of the rampant Nigerian attackers

Re: Rio2016 Olympics: Colombia Vs Nigeria 2 - 0 On 10th August 2016 by Gentlebabs(m): 12:46pm On Aug 09, 2016
blueto:
Brazil have not been spectacular so far . They even drew with Iraq recently and currently occupying 2nd position in their group behind Denmark.

And reports shows that they have never won the Olympic male football gold medal. So I believe with God's support, they should be praying they don't meet us now.
Good analysis.

1 Like

Re: Rio2016 Olympics: Colombia Vs Nigeria 2 - 0 On 10th August 2016 by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 09, 2016
Gentlebabs:
Good analysis.
Thanks Man.
Re: Rio2016 Olympics: Colombia Vs Nigeria 2 - 0 On 10th August 2016 by Richy4(m): 12:54pm On Aug 09, 2016
Mediapace:
I pray we don't meet brazil now
This their present team is useless dear....They could not beat IRQ or South Africa..

1 Like

Re: Rio2016 Olympics: Colombia Vs Nigeria 2 - 0 On 10th August 2016 by kaka74: 12:56pm On Aug 09, 2016
Omo naija straght win na 4.95 na so dem give us 3.65 against japan dis pple dey underate us but I love it my potential winnins jst went up by 5 folds
Re: Rio2016 Olympics: Colombia Vs Nigeria 2 - 0 On 10th August 2016 by robosky02(m): 1:01pm On Aug 09, 2016
star player to watch:

Sadiq umar - Nigeria

The 19 year old Kaduna-born striker is one of Nigeria's star striker he has 2 goals in two games already for the Nigerian side. He headed in the match winner against European champions Sweden.in Nigeria 2nd game.
He is one of Siasia joker in this tournament coming in to benched new Al Ahly 2.5 million Euros signing Junior Ajayi and Super Eagles forward Umar Aminu.
The gangling striker referred to as ‘Jololo’ has already been given a four-year contract after a successful season-long loan stint from Serie B Spezia. By AS ROMA.

The gangling striker most people compared to the legendary Kanu Nwankwo speaking ahead of the Colombian match said
“I have played with some fear in my first two games because I am playing for the national team for the first time, but all that has now gone and I believe I can score more goals at this tournament,” the 19-year-old Sadiq has vowed.

1 Like

Re: Rio2016 Olympics: Colombia Vs Nigeria 2 - 0 On 10th August 2016 by kaka74: 1:01pm On Aug 09, 2016
Naija straight win 4.95 dis pe dey underate us oo anyway my potential winnings jst increased five folds
Re: Rio2016 Olympics: Colombia Vs Nigeria 2 - 0 On 10th August 2016 by Cue(m): 1:15pm On Aug 09, 2016
robosky02:

for Nigeria quarter finals is a done deal

now we can rest key players and try new strategies

with a eye on the quarter finals opponent

Plans for highest goal scorer nko? Surely we can't rest the guy?
Re: Rio2016 Olympics: Colombia Vs Nigeria 2 - 0 On 10th August 2016 by 4nobody4every1: 1:20pm On Aug 09, 2016
cool
Re: Rio2016 Olympics: Colombia Vs Nigeria 2 - 0 On 10th August 2016 by nebojude(m): 1:51pm On Aug 09, 2016
We are at the top group
Re: Rio2016 Olympics: Colombia Vs Nigeria 2 - 0 On 10th August 2016 by robosky02(m): 1:55pm On Aug 09, 2016
Nigeria Olympic team paid to avert pay strike:

A pay strike that could well have seen Nigeria boycott Wednesday night’s Rio Olympics game against Colombia has been averted after the team received part of their allowances.

It was reported that the coach Samson Siasia-led team threatened to shun the last group game against Colombia in Sao Paulo if they were not paid.

Officials said the Nigeria Olympic Committee (NOC) paid each player $1650 being allowances to cover 11 days.

“The team camp is bubbling now after this payment,” said one of the players.

The team have been embroiled in one crisis after the other – they were stranded for several days at their training base in Atlanta, Georgia, before they landed Brazil on match day and the players led by skipper Mikel Obi had to beg Siasia not to quit after the Sweden game.

It would also be recalled that two years ago, the Nigerian government had to fly in cash to douse a pay row at the 2014 World Cup also in Brazil.

Nigeria have now qualified for the quarterfinals of the Rio Olympics with a game to spare.

They battle Colombia by 11pm Nigerian time on Wednesday in Sao Paulo in their final group match.

1 Like

Re: Rio2016 Olympics: Colombia Vs Nigeria 2 - 0 On 10th August 2016 by IceDude(m): 2:00pm On Aug 09, 2016
kuuljay:
11pm? God! Not again! I had to drink enough sapele water just to keep me awake on the last match I am anti-nucturnal
I'm sure what u drank wasnt an original sapele water. If na confirm one u take b4 u for know wetin dey happen na the next day after the match don finish

3 Likes

Re: Rio2016 Olympics: Colombia Vs Nigeria 2 - 0 On 10th August 2016 by klexycole(m): 2:17pm On Aug 09, 2016
optional1:
Another win for the DreamTeam.......

TheSuperNerd
klexycole
cruzita
shizzy7
safarigirl
mikron
femi4
blueto
Mediapace
Photoshoot

Lets go there........

Booked wink
Re: Rio2016 Olympics: Colombia Vs Nigeria 2 - 0 On 10th August 2016 by mikron(m): 2:33pm On Aug 09, 2016
optional1:
Another win for the DreamTeam.......

TheSuperNerd
klexycole
cruzita
shizzy7
safarigirl
mikron
femi4
blueto
Mediapace
Photoshoot

Lets go there........
certainly
Re: Rio2016 Olympics: Colombia Vs Nigeria 2 - 0 On 10th August 2016 by mikron(m): 3:06pm On Aug 09, 2016
robosky02:
On Wednesday Nigeria will come against Colombia in the last match of the group face. Nigeria has already qualified for the quarter finals having won their two other group games 5-4 against Japan and 1-0 against Sweden.
However much is still at stack for both countries, Nigeria will want to maintain an 100% record in the group phase as well as try out a number of options.
For the Colombians they have everything to play for as they will be seeking their first win at the Olympics having drawn their first two games. 2-2 against Sweden and another 2-2 with Japan.
Therefore a win is must for them. And the question is will Nigeria let that happen let’s wait till 11pm Wednesday night to find out

Let’s go there..

the head to head of head between Nigeria and Colombia

Date Match Result Score Competition

17 Apr 1994 Colombia v Nigeria L 1-0 International Friendly

19 Nov 2008 Colombia v Nigeria L 1-0 International Friendly

30 May 2010 Colombia v Nigeria D 1-1 International Friendly
is this head to head friendly results for the under 23's or the senior national teams of both countries?
Re: Rio2016 Olympics: Colombia Vs Nigeria 2 - 0 On 10th August 2016 by mikron(m): 3:11pm On Aug 09, 2016
king94:
The match is not going to be shown on supersport.
they will
Re: Rio2016 Olympics: Colombia Vs Nigeria 2 - 0 On 10th August 2016 by robosky02(m): 3:12pm On Aug 09, 2016
mikron:
is this head to head friendly results for the under 23's or the senior national teams of both countries?

all the meeting between Nigeria and them

unfortunately its been super eagles in friendlies
Re: Rio2016 Olympics: Colombia Vs Nigeria 2 - 0 On 10th August 2016 by king94(m): 3:20pm On Aug 09, 2016
mikron:
they will
Check yhur dstv guide.
Re: Rio2016 Olympics: Colombia Vs Nigeria 2 - 0 On 10th August 2016 by robosky02(m): 4:12pm On Aug 09, 2016
Siasia to lines up bench warmers against Colombia:

Nigeria coach Samson Siasia has said he will rest several of his first-team stars for Wednesday night’s final group game against Colombia as his team have already won the group and are through to the last eight.

Nigeria battle Colombia inside the Corinthians Arena in Sao Paulo by 11pm Nigerian time.

"I had to take this decision (to rest starters) because we have qualified for the quarterfinals as group leaders, and secondly I need to rest some of the starters because in the next phase there is a possibility of going into extra time,” he said.

"For now the boys have done well and I need to make the other players justify why I selected them for this tournament.

“This is not a tea party so everyone must stand up to be counted, and the only way they can be counted is if they played well against Colombia.

“Resting some starters does not mean we are underrating the opposition."

The likes of Al Ahly new signing Junior Ajayi, goalkeeper Daniel Akpeyi and late comer Umar Aminu are therefore expected to start on Wednesday.

Siasia also disclosed that the technical crew is working hard on the defence line, as the knockout stages will see stingy defence –lines complemented by vicious attacking lines.

Meanwhile, the Nigeria U23s will for the first time in the tournament, wear all-white jerseys in the game against Colombia.

chippa united of south Africa goal keeper Daniel Akpeyi (picture)

2 Likes

Re: Rio2016 Olympics: Colombia Vs Nigeria 2 - 0 On 10th August 2016 by kuuljay(m): 5:06pm On Aug 09, 2016
IceDude:
I'm sure what u drank wasnt an original sapele water. If na confirm one u take b4 u for know wetin dey happen na the next day after the match don finish
Really!!! Make I try am then
Re: Rio2016 Olympics: Colombia Vs Nigeria 2 - 0 On 10th August 2016 by dominique(f): 5:53pm On Aug 09, 2016
I wondrr which squad IK Ogbonna's wife will be rooting for.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rio2016 Olympics: Colombia Vs Nigeria 2 - 0 On 10th August 2016 by khattab02: 5:57pm On Aug 09, 2016
Hehehehe...... What's the fuss about Nigeria meeting Brazil in the quarter final when they haven't qualified? Nigeria have already topped their group, Brazil must win Demark or risk elimination in the group stage. So till then!
Re: Rio2016 Olympics: Colombia Vs Nigeria 2 - 0 On 10th August 2016 by yomyte(m): 7:55pm On Aug 09, 2016
any local station showing the match?
Re: Rio2016 Olympics: Colombia Vs Nigeria 2 - 0 On 10th August 2016 by mikron(m): 9:22pm On Aug 09, 2016
robosky02:
Nigeria Olympic team paid to avert pay strike:

A pay strike that could well have seen Nigeria boycott Wednesday night’s Rio Olympics game against Colombia has been averted after the team received part of their allowances.

It was reported that the coach Samson Siasia-led team threatened to shun the last group game against Colombia in Sao Paulo if they were not paid.

Officials said the Nigeria Olympic Committee (NOC) paid each player $1650 being allowances to cover 11 days.

“The team camp is bubbling now after this payment,” said one of the players.

The team have been embroiled in one crisis after the other – they were stranded for several days at their training base in Atlanta, Georgia, before they landed Brazil on match day and the players led by skipper Mikel Obi had to beg Siasia not to quit after the Sweden game.

It would also be recalled that two years ago, the Nigerian government had to fly in cash to douse a pay row at the 2014 World Cup also in Brazil.

Nigeria have now qualified for the quarterfinals of the Rio Olympics with a game to spare.

They battle Colombia by 11pm Nigerian time on Wednesday in Sao Paulo in their final group match.

i dont know why payment to our players is always the issue with our handlers, funny enough this is not a FIFA of CAF competition where we blame the NFF but an olympic event where the NOC (Nigerian Olympic Committee) and the sports ministry does the payments. why do these handlers always like embarrassing the nation to the outside world?

1 Like

Re: Rio2016 Olympics: Colombia Vs Nigeria 2 - 0 On 10th August 2016 by mikron(m): 9:28pm On Aug 09, 2016
robosky02:

Siasia to lines up bench warmers against Colombia:

Nigeria coach Samson Siasia has said he will rest several of his first-team stars for Wednesday night’s final group game against Colombia as his team have already won the group and are through to the last eight.

Nigeria battle Colombia inside the Corinthians Arena in Sao Paulo by 11pm Nigerian time.

"I had to take this decision (to rest starters) because we have qualified for the quarterfinals as group leaders, and secondly I need to rest some of the starters because in the next phase there is a possibility of going into extra time,” he said.

"For now the boys have done well and I need to make the other players justify why I selected them for this tournament.

“This is not a tea party so everyone must stand up to be counted, and the only way they can be counted is if they played well against Colombia.

“Resting some starters does not mean we are underrating the opposition."

The likes of Al Ahly new signing Junior Ajayi, goalkeeper Daniel Akpeyi and late comer Umar Aminu are therefore expected to start on Wednesday.

Siasia also disclosed that the technical crew is working hard on the defence line, as the knockout stages will see stingy defence –lines complemented by vicious attacking lines.

Meanwhile, the Nigeria U23s will for the first time in the tournament, wear all-white jerseys in the game against Colombia.

chippa united of south Africa goal keeper Daniel Akpeyi (picture)
akpeyi is far better than emmanuel daniel.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

"Zlatan Ibrahimovic Can Have Sex With My Wife" - Manchester United Fan / PSG Forward,angel Di Maria,sentenced To Prison / These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.