Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,969 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

My Near Death Experience With Chimpanzees - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Near Death Experience With Chimpanzees (540 Views)

300L OOU Student Found Dead Near A River, Body Found After 5 Days (Photos) / Peter Azor-Okorugbo Graduates From Near East University In Nicosia, Cyprus (Pics / My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Near Death Experience With Chimpanzees by proxillin(m): 4:03pm On Aug 08, 2016
This is a true life story. It happened to me. I experienced it live. Therefore, this is not a movie script. Its not just another story

This incidence happened 15 years ago. It was in my secondary school days.

My school friends were mainly barrack boys. That was the trend in those days. You want to associate yourself with Barrack boys. Even cultist wont dare you. Closest of my friends is Ovsi. Ovsi is one mean huge and tough guy. We were always together.

Ovsi's dad had a farm which was a stone throw to the barrack. I remember sometimes Ovsi always complains that some animals were devouring their corn field. They knew they were not grass cutter or rodent. They knew these creatures were bigger, and might even be forest ghost.

On this sad day, it was the end of term, we were done with our exams. So we decided to go to their farm and eat fresh roasted corn. I brought matches and a bottle of chelsea containing kerosine.

We got there, preparing to start the fiesta. I was looking for woods to make fire, suddenly I heard some people screaming (making some mockery sound) "wohoh woho". Something just occurred to me "wait a minute, how on earth will a human being sound like this?"
Before I knew it, one appeared in-front of me. That was the first time I will see an animal standing on two feet looking at me eyeball to eyeball.

To our dismay, they were up to 8 in numbers, and they were minding their businesses tearing and destroying corn. They ignored us as if we were not there. Ovsi just made a move on one of them, he slapped one of them thinking it will scare them away. Lo and Behold, it replied with a thunderous slap that nearly left Ovsi deaf. We could still see the palm stamp on his face 2 days later.

Immediately I saw their reaction to Ovsi slap, my heart jumped, I suddenly developed stomach constipation. I have never known fear for my entire life. Because it seems they were ganging up on us and were trying to put us in a circle. This one pass my level. I bolted. I ran, I didnt even know how fast I was, my legs were so light, it felt as if I had no leg. I ran and hide behind one palm tree.

I was there trying to locate Ovsi, I looked on a far distance, I saw Ovsi still engaging these devilry. He stood his ground, it was one versus 8. He picked up one dry hard wood to fight them off, to my surprise, they imitated him. It was Ovsi lucky day, they picked up dried corn stem. Ovsi was hitting them with hard wood, they were retaliating with feather-like wood.

When they could not bear the beating, they picked race.

It was however unfortunate that the day marked then end of our friendship. Ovsi stopped talking to me even till today. He felt I betrayed him. But it wasnt intentional. I didnt know what to do. Its not that I was a coward. We have gone hunting so many times. I have killed a lot of games but this caught me unaware.

Ovsi was taken to the hospital for medical attention. Next Sunday, Ovsi parent went to church to give testimony. Although people were laughing when he was narrating his ordeal, it was not funny to me. This experience was traumatic. I could not sleep in the middle of the night.

Yesterday I tuned my TV to Natgeo wild, I saw my old friends on TV. My memory came back fresh. I decided to share.
Re: My Near Death Experience With Chimpanzees by overdrive(m): 4:22pm On Aug 08, 2016
where in Ghana did this happen
Re: My Near Death Experience With Chimpanzees by Kirinwa: 4:31pm On Aug 08, 2016
Lalasticlala

Password: Olajumoke, Tonto Dike cleavage, Snakes seeing Chimpanzees
Re: My Near Death Experience With Chimpanzees by proxillin(m): 4:36pm On Aug 08, 2016
overdrive:
where in Ghana did this happen

Is Osun in Ghana ?
Re: My Near Death Experience With Chimpanzees by Kirinwa: 4:43pm On Aug 08, 2016
proxillin:

Is Osun in Ghana ?

No its in the Zoo.
Re: My Near Death Experience With Chimpanzees by overdrive(m): 5:15pm On Aug 08, 2016
proxillin:

Is Osun in Ghana ?

Where in ur fairy tale did u mention osun sir.
Re: My Near Death Experience With Chimpanzees by overdrive(m): 5:16pm On Aug 08, 2016
proxillin:
This is a true life story. It happened to me. I experienced it live. Therefore, this is not a movie script. Its not just another story

This incidence happened 15 years ago. It was in my secondary school days.

My school friends were mainly barrack boys. That was the trend in those days. You want to associate yourself with Barrack boys. Even cultist wont dare you. Closest of my friends is Ovsi. Ovsi is one mean huge and tough guy. We were always together.

Ovsi's dad had a farm which was a stone throw to the barrack. I remember sometimes Ovsi always complains that some animals were devouring their corn field. They knew they were not grass cutter or rodent. They knew these creatures were bigger, and might even be forest ghost.

On this sad day, it was the end of term, we were done with our exams. So we decided to go to their farm and eat fresh roasted corn. I brought matches and a bottle of chelsea containing kerosine.

We got there, preparing to start the fiesta. I was looking for woods to make fire, suddenly I heard some people screaming (making some mockery sound) "wohoh woho". Something just occurred to me "wait a minute, how on earth will a human being sound like this?"
Before I knew it, one appeared in-front of me. That was the first time I will see an animal standing on two feet looking at me eyeball to eyeball.

To our dismay, they were up to 8 in numbers, and they were minding their businesses tearing and destroying corn. They ignored us as if we were not there. Ovsi just made a move on one of them, he slapped one of them thinking it will scare them away. Lo and Behold, it replied with a thunderous slap that nearly left Ovsi deaf. We could still see the palm stamp on his face 2 days later.

Immediately I saw their reaction to Ovsi slap, my heart jumped, I suddenly developed stomach constipation. I have never known fear for my entire life. Because it seems they were ganging up on us and were trying to put us in a circle. This one pass my level. I bolted. I ran, I didnt even know how fast I was, my legs were so light, it felt as if I had no leg. I ran and hide behind one palm tree.

I was there trying to locate Ovsi, I looked on a far distance, I saw Ovsi still engaging these devilry. He stood his ground, it was one versus 8. He picked up one dry hard wood to fight them off, to my surprise, they imitated him. It was Ovsi lucky day, they picked up dried corn stem. Ovsi was hitting them with hard wood, they were retaliating with feather-like wood.

When they could not bear the beating, they picked race.

It was however unfortunate that the day marked then end of our friendship. Ovsi stopped talking to me even till today. He felt I betrayed him. But it wasnt intentional. I didnt know what to do. Its not that I was a coward. We have gone hunting so many times. I have killed a lot of games but this caught me unaware.

Ovsi was taken to the hospital for medical attention. Next Sunday, Ovsi parent went to church to give testimony. Although people were laughing when he was narrating his ordeal, it was not funny to me. This experience was traumatic. I could not sleep in the middle of the night.

Yesterday I tuned my TV to Natgeo wild, I saw my old friends on TV. My memory came back fresh. I decided to share.
Re: My Near Death Experience With Chimpanzees by LMohd(m): 5:38pm On Aug 08, 2016
ok
Re: My Near Death Experience With Chimpanzees by hotwax: 6:25pm On Aug 08, 2016
overdrive:

Where in ur fairy tale did u mention osun sir.
I forgot to add that.

(1) (Reply)

Postgraduates Students Sponsored By NDDC Protest In London (VIDEO & PICS) / Bayelsa NUT Embark On Indefinite Strike, Approaches Industrial Court / Is Masters Form For These Schools Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.