Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:34 AM

Premiership Reserve Teams To Play In The Football League! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Premiership Reserve Teams To Play In The Football League! (817 Views)

Which Football League Is The Best In The World? / Nairaland Fantasy Football League 2009/2010 / FG Bans DSTV From Airing English Premiership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Premiership Reserve Teams To Play In The Football League! by amodu(m): 9:20am On Dec 09, 2006
Mourinho claimed English football should follow the example of Spain, where big clubs like Real Madrid and Barcelona are allowed to field their B teams lower down the professional football ladder.

The B teams cannot be promoted, and they are not allowed to enter Spanish cup competitions.

Mourinho had said: "I would love to see it.

"I can tell for sure that if that happened players like Lassana Diarra, Mikel John Obi, Salomon Kalou, when they are not selected for the first team, they have a competition to play in a different level. So they should have a look."

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger backed Mourinho's plea for Chelsea reserves to play in the Football League.
Wenger echoed Mourinho's call, saying: "It's a very good idea.

"I've said it many times because it happens in France. In France there is two divisions difference and you cannot come up.

Birmingham chairman David Gold has branded Jose Mourinho's call for Premiership reserve teams to play in the Football League "disrespectful."
"It gives them competition against teams who are fighting for the top level and instead of giving players out on loan, you can get them good competition."

But Gold said: "That may be fine for Jose and I'm sure it would be nice for him if he had three or four teams playing in the League.

"Where would he expect his team to enter the League?

"To allow it to happen, straight away you would have to dump a club into the Conference to make room."

@ everyone what do you say to this

(1) (Reply)

Obefemi Akinwunmis Martins Game Is Being Killed By Newcastle / This Is The New English Premiership Season's Fixtures / Messi And C.romaldo,who Is The Best?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.