Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,220 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

Eight Years After Creation, Niger Delta Ministry Completes first project. Usani - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eight Years After Creation, Niger Delta Ministry Completes first project. Usani (1708 Views)

Governor Yahaya Bello Commissions A Transformer As His First Project in Kogi.PIC / Presidency Keeps Mum On Indictment Of Usani, Buhari’s Minister For Fraud / Niger-Delta Ministry Completes Ondo Cassava Processing Plant After 8 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eight Years After Creation, Niger Delta Ministry Completes first project. Usani by crestweon(m): 8:16pm On Aug 08, 2016
The Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Uguru Usani, on Monday said the ministry had successfully completed only one project since its creation eight years ago.

He stated this in Abuja while speaking with the News Agency of Nigeria.
The ministry was created in 2008 by the late President Umaru Yar’Adua.
It has two ministers previously – Ufot Ekaette and Godsday Orubebe – both of who are from the oil-rich region as the incumbent.

Mr. Usani said it was regrettable that no project had been commissioned or completed since the establishment of the ministry in 2008, except a cassava processing plant in Ondo State by the present administration.
He decried the destruction of oil facilities by Niger Delta Avengers, arguing that no matter the provocation, it was wrong for the group to destroy the environment that bore the people`s heritage.
He said the region was everybody’s business and that no personal or collective interest was worth the destruction of oil pipelines in the region.
“Let’s come together as one to protect our communities; let’s preach love, peace, tolerance, patience and dialogue with one another,” Mr. Usani said.

“Let’s convince ourselves that it is our region and that we have nowhere to go to, if we destroy it.”
The minister urged the people of the region to support the President Muhammadu Buhari, saying that they had benefitted more from it him than any other Nigerian president.

He said measures were being put in place to ensure due process and accountability in the ministry, with regards to project implementation, especially in the Niger region.
Mr. Usani, therefore, urged people of the region to task themselves and take responsibility of their collective heritage.
He said, “Henceforth, we must refuse to accept despair as the final response to the ambiguities of our history.
“Let’s embrace our heritage which defines our identities and values.”

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/208270-eight-years-creation-niger-delta-ministry-completes-one-project-minister.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

1 Like

Re: Eight Years After Creation, Niger Delta Ministry Completes first project. Usani by NafeesaAA(f): 8:22pm On Aug 08, 2016
Tomorrow they will blame the Suya man on the street of Sokoto' for all their woes

5 Likes

Re: Eight Years After Creation, Niger Delta Ministry Completes first project. Usani by madenigga(m): 8:33pm On Aug 08, 2016
NafeesaAA:
Tomorrow they will blame the Suya man on the street of Sokoto' for all their woes
B4 is it not der fault who ruined dz country for 40years b4 civilian rule is it not dem?
Re: Eight Years After Creation, Niger Delta Ministry Completes first project. Usani by amaechi1: 8:39pm On Aug 08, 2016
Because, I wish to be better informed, can someone with verifiable facts disproved these insertions by the minister. Please, with verifiable facts, not insults.

Otherwise, it just a pity!

3 Likes

Re: Eight Years After Creation, Niger Delta Ministry Completes first project. Usani by Qmerit(m): 8:41pm On Aug 08, 2016
Tell me something since 2008 gosh,
Orubebe must hear this

2 Likes

Re: Eight Years After Creation, Niger Delta Ministry Completes first project. Usani by crestweon(m): 8:48pm On Aug 08, 2016
cc seun
Cc lalasticalala

This should be on the front-page so that we can all see how low we have gone as a country.
Re: Eight Years After Creation, Niger Delta Ministry Completes first project. Usani by NafeesaAA(f): 8:50pm On Aug 08, 2016
What have they been doing except buying Mass Transit Buses at inflated prices, building culverts that ordinary LGA Chairman in my area can convincingly do .

I dare anybody from Niger Delta to mention one single capital intensive project executed by Niger Delta Ministry.

This is a ministry that was supposed to do what PTF did in Nigeria, but then na dia Oyel money, the Niger Deltaians are cool about it as long as na their brother steal the money.

4 Likes

Re: Eight Years After Creation, Niger Delta Ministry Completes first project. Usani by DelGardo: 9:02pm On Aug 08, 2016
In Orubebe's voice "We will not take it". grin
Re: Eight Years After Creation, Niger Delta Ministry Completes first project. Usani by OAUTemitayo: 9:06pm On Aug 08, 2016
NafeesaAA:
What have they been doing except buying Mass Transit Buses at inflated prices, building culverts that ordinary LGA Chairman in my area can convincingly do .

I dare anybody from Niger Delta to mention one single capital intensive project executed by Niger Delta Ministry.

This is a ministry that was supposed to do what PTF did in Nigeria, but then na dia Oyel money, the Niger Deltaians are cool about it as long as na their brother steal the money.
Almighty Allah, please give me an intelligent wife like Nafeesa.
I don't want to marry a beauty without brain like .....

2 Likes

Re: Eight Years After Creation, Niger Delta Ministry Completes first project. Usani by madenigga(m): 9:14pm On Aug 08, 2016
How wud a northerner know abt a region more than d ppl of d region FYI d street i live in ph d road was built by NDDC
Re: Eight Years After Creation, Niger Delta Ministry Completes first project. Usani by obailala(m): 9:35pm On Aug 08, 2016
This story get k-leg... lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Eight Years After Creation, Niger Delta Ministry Completes first project. Usani by obailala(m): 9:40pm On Aug 08, 2016
madenigga:
How wud a northerner know abt a region more than d ppl of d region FYI d street i live in ph d road was built by NDDC
The topic says Niger delta ministry, not NDDC... Also, the Niger delta minister is from the niger delta not the northerner. And even if he were to be a northerner, he's talking about projects based on what he may have seen in the ministry's record books, one doesnt have to be a niger deltan to read what's written in the books regarding projects completed.

4 Likes

Re: Eight Years After Creation, Niger Delta Ministry Completes first project. Usani by Emyogalanya: 10:07pm On Aug 08, 2016
U are free to insult orubebe but before u do list how many federal project was commissioned in the nd in the past 50years apart from oil spill yes oil spill is a federal project. Yes the nndc was created to address this lack prove me wrong. With facts not insults. So Nigeria should stop deceiving us with this info, they actually make it impossible for any project to be commissioned united nations take note
Re: Eight Years After Creation, Niger Delta Ministry Completes first project. Usani by docadams: 10:25pm On Aug 08, 2016
Hmmmmmmm

This is the lot of the ND. You are successful when you belonged to the privileged thieving class. When we shout 'whodunnit' same thieves point northwards and westwards. And the gullible oppressed go into a frenzy of our oyel, our oyel', resource control, and true federalism.
Such call is not bad, in itself, but who shall we trust to manage the expected derivation? Unfortunately, same old crooks.
Re: Eight Years After Creation, Niger Delta Ministry Completes first project. Usani by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:51pm On Aug 08, 2016
We cannot accept this... We commissioned somethings..em.. Some projects but I cannot remember... Orubebe!!!

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Eight Years After Creation, Niger Delta Ministry Completes first project. Usani by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:54pm On Aug 08, 2016
Emyogalanya:
U are free to insult orubebe but before u do list how many federal project was commissioned in the nd in the past 50years apart from oil spill yes oil spill is a federal project. Yes the nndc was created to address this lack prove me wrong. With facts not insults. So Nigeria should stop deceiving us with this info, they actually make it impossible for any project to be commissioned united nations take note
chai.. Even with billions in allocations every month?

Go school, u no gree.. U see ur life outside?

Re: Eight Years After Creation, Niger Delta Ministry Completes first project. Usani by MXrep: 11:59pm On Aug 08, 2016
this govt can lie
Re: Eight Years After Creation, Niger Delta Ministry Completes first project. Usani by Oildichotomy(m): 12:11am On Aug 09, 2016
obailala:
The topic says Niger delta ministry, not NDDC... Also, the Niger delta minister is from the niger delta not the northerner. And even if he were to be a northerner, he's talking about projects based on what he may have seen in the ministry's record books, one doesnt have to be a niger deltan to read what's written in the books regarding projects completed.
Now you want to separate NDDC and Ministry of Niger Delta?

Is NDDC not a parastatal under MNDA?

So FERMA projects are different from Ministry of Works? How dumb can one be apparently trying to massage sentiments?
Re: Eight Years After Creation, Niger Delta Ministry Completes first project. Usani by Oildichotomy(m): 12:25am On Aug 09, 2016
MNDA is the supervising ministry of NDDC and they practically share the Budget allocated each year.
So in other words, Mr Usani is telling us apparently that NDDC haven't completed any project in eight years if we are to go by the pyramid.
Re: Eight Years After Creation, Niger Delta Ministry Completes first project. Usani by obailala(m): 7:45am On Aug 09, 2016
Oildichotomy:
Now you want to separate NDDC and Ministry of Niger Delta?

Is NDDC not a parastatal under MNDA?

So FERMA projects are different from Ministry of Works? How dumb can one be apparently trying to massage sentiments?
I totally lack words to respond to a human who reason this way. Maybe before midday, someone would help me out. undecided
Re: Eight Years After Creation, Niger Delta Ministry Completes first project. Usani by crestweon(m): 8:31am On Aug 09, 2016
Oildichotomy:
MNDA is the supervising ministry of NDDC and they practically share the Budget allocated each year.
So in other words, Mr Usani is telling us apparently that NDDC haven't completed any project in eight years if we are to go by the pyramid.

Check your facts again. You are wrong. They don't share the same budget and in fact NDDC budget is more than Ministries budget.
Re: Eight Years After Creation, Niger Delta Ministry Completes first project. Usani by Oildichotomy(m): 12:43pm On Aug 09, 2016
crestweon:

Check your facts again. You are wrong. They don't share the same budget and in fact NDDC budget is more than Ministries budget.
I suppose you don't get my point though cos we are almost saying the same thing.

(1) (Reply)

Rediscover Imo@40: Rochas Okorocha Road Revolution. You Can't Beat The Reach. / Reno Omokri Mocks President Buhari’s War Against Corruption Fight / I Have Received Uncountable Insults Since I Joined Politics -Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.