Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,768 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

50 Republican National Security Officials Blasts Trump In Open Letter - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 50 Republican National Security Officials Blasts Trump In Open Letter (1114 Views)

Trump Sacks Herbert McMaster As His National Security Adviser / U.S. National Security Adviser, General Flynn, Resigns / 2.5million: Crowd Marching Against Trump In The U.S. (photos). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

50 Republican National Security Officials Blasts Trump In Open Letter by Yarduni: 10:47pm On Aug 08, 2016
Is this the end game for Trump?

50 Republican National Security Officials Eviscerate Trump In Open Letter

Trump “would be the most reckless President in American history,” they write.

Dozens of the Republican Party’s most experienced national security officials will not vote for GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump, they wrote in an open letter released Monday.

“We are convinced that [Trump] would be a dangerous President and would put at risk our country’s national security and well-being,” said the former officials, many of whom held top positions in the George W. Bush administration.

“Most fundamentally, Mr. Trump lacks the character, values, and experience to be President,” they added. “He weakens U.S. moral authority as the leader of the free world. He appears to lack basic knowledge about and belief in the U.S. Constitution, U.S. laws, and U.S. institutions, including religious tolerance, freedom of the press, and an independent judiciary.”

Signers include some of the best known intelligence, defense and security experts of the past two decades: Michael V. Hayden, the former director of both the Central Intelligence Agency and the National Security Agency; Michael Chertoff and Tom Ridge, both of whom served as secretaries of Homeland Security during the Bush administration; Dov Zakheim, a former under secretary of defense; John D. Negroponte, a deputy secretary of state and a former director of national intelligence; Eric Edelman, a top national security adviser to former Vice President Dick Cheney; and Robert Zoellick, a former deputy secretary of state, United States trade rep and president of the World Bank.

The letter, which was first reported on by The New York Times, represents yet another blow to Trump’s ongoing effort to win over top Republicans. That job that has become significantly more difficult in recent weeks, as Trump has feuded with the family of a fallen soldier and threatened repeatedly to abandon NATO.

The missive also raises questions about who might agree to serve in a hypothetical Trump administration and offer the former reality TV star advice on national security issues.

Trump has repeatedly sought to distance himself from some of the most controversial policies of the Bush administration, such as the war in Iraq, which Trump claims he opposed in 2003. Even so, it’s safe to assume that Trump’s campaign would have welcomed support from top members of the national security apparatus.

The Trump campaign did not respond to a request for comment about the letter.

In closing, the 50 officials wrote, “We are convinced that in the Oval Office, he would be the most reckless President in American history.”

Download the letter below:

https://docs.google.com/viewerng/viewer?url=http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/NatSecLetter.pdf

Source

1 Like

Re: 50 Republican National Security Officials Blasts Trump In Open Letter by Yarduni: 10:47pm On Aug 08, 2016
This is big news. Frontpage please

1 Like

Re: 50 Republican National Security Officials Blasts Trump In Open Letter by Kalaldi: 11:13pm On Aug 08, 2016
A courseless course never succeeds,Trump hates blacks and islam,and now karma is at his threshold.

1 Like

Re: 50 Republican National Security Officials Blasts Trump In Open Letter by generalbush(m): 11:21pm On Aug 08, 2016
I pray trump wins....
He will destroy America like Buhari...
Dollar must fall...
Re: 50 Republican National Security Officials Blasts Trump In Open Letter by falcon01: 11:30pm On Aug 08, 2016
trump
Re: 50 Republican National Security Officials Blasts Trump In Open Letter by Lucasbalo(m): 1:29am On Aug 09, 2016
Yarduni:
This is big news. Frontpage please
Yes, it deserves front page the mods here are rooting for Tramp, so don't count on it.

1 Like

Re: 50 Republican National Security Officials Blasts Trump In Open Letter by Lucasbalo(m): 1:37am On Aug 09, 2016
Yarduni:
Is this the end game for Trump?

The problems for the Con Man are so many that the Republicans are scared he's going to do everlasting damage to their party. How can you be that racist and hateful and think you can win the presidency here. One of the many reasons America is great is her diversity. Of about 200 countries in the world that are represented here. That's what the Statue of Liberty is representing. Leaving it to the racist, America will be a Lilly white country as represented by Hate Fest in Cleveland .

1 Like

Re: 50 Republican National Security Officials Blasts Trump In Open Letter by Yarduni: 5:14am On Aug 09, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Yes, it deserves front page the mods here are rooting for Tramp, so don't count on it.

Really? i thought nairaland is politically neutral. why would they do that?

1 Like

Re: 50 Republican National Security Officials Blasts Trump In Open Letter by LGDON: 6:36am On Aug 09, 2016
Lucasbalo:

Propaganda doesn't deserve front page

Nairaland is not one of those liberal network they use to spread propaganda

Go to Guardian and Yahoo
Re: 50 Republican National Security Officials Blasts Trump In Open Letter by Lucasbalo(m): 6:38am On Aug 09, 2016
LGDON:

Go to Guardian and Yahoo
Go get a visa and come and vote for Mr Racist. Until then , your rants doesn't count.
Re: 50 Republican National Security Officials Blasts Trump In Open Letter by LGDON: 6:54am On Aug 09, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Go get a visa and come and vote for Mr Racist. Until then , your rants doesn't count.
I have been reading some of your comments lately

You sound like someone who has suffered in Nigeria and mistakingly got a visa to travel out and feel the best thing that happened after beans and rice is to live abroad.

Here is my reply for you

That you were poor in Nigeria doesn't mean every body living here are poor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 50 Republican National Security Officials Blasts Trump In Open Letter by Nobody: 7:01am On Aug 09, 2016
LGDON:

You sound like someone who has suffered in Nigeria and mistakingly got a visa to travel out and feel the best thing that happened after beans and rice is to live abroad.

Here is my reply for you

Gbam! grin cheesy grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 50 Republican National Security Officials Blasts Trump In Open Letter by usba: 7:08am On Aug 09, 2016
[s]
LGDON:

Go to Guardian and Yahoo
[/s]

Exceedingly daft statement how does a statement credited to be from conservative republicans security apparatus become liberal propaganda? Republicans are criticizing their own candidate and all you can think of is liberal propaganda.

1 Like

Re: 50 Republican National Security Officials Blasts Trump In Open Letter by Lucasbalo(m): 7:11am On Aug 09, 2016
LGDON:

Here is my reply for you

I never got a visa to US. I was born in Nigeria by Nigerian/ American parents. That answers your question and I was raised in Chicago. So come up with something new. Are you not the same guy asking for a way to get German visa?. Go choke on your $2 a day making adventure . Worry about your life in Nigeria and let Americans worry about US.
Re: 50 Republican National Security Officials Blasts Trump In Open Letter by Lucasbalo(m): 7:16am On Aug 09, 2016
usba:
[s][/s]

Exceedingly daft statement how does a statement credited to be from conservative republicans security apparatus become liberal propaganda? Republicans are criticizing their own candidate and all you can think of is liberal propaganda.
That guy is a circus clown. Republicans are running away from Tramp like Liberians are running away from Ebola. Yesterday 50 republicans security and intelligence ex experts disowned him and Republican Senator Collins of Maine said she won't vote for Tramp. This know nothing village bozo is foaming in the mouth about a racist who doesn't care for people like him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 50 Republican National Security Officials Blasts Trump In Open Letter by usba: 7:18am On Aug 09, 2016
Lucasbalo:
That guy is a circus clown. Republicans are running away from Tramp like Liberians are running away from Ebola. Yesterday 50 republicans security and intelligence ex experts disowned him and Republican Senator Collins of Maine said she won't vote for Tramp. This know nothing village bozo is foaming in the mouth about a racist who doesn't care for people like him.

I tire for racist kissing brain dead discombobulates

1 Like

Re: 50 Republican National Security Officials Blasts Trump In Open Letter by Lucasbalo(m): 7:18am On Aug 09, 2016
Zoharariel:

Gbam! grin cheesy grin
What happen to you my buddy. The mosquitoes and rats woke you up earlier or you run out of fuel for your China made generator ?.

1 Like

Re: 50 Republican National Security Officials Blasts Trump In Open Letter by Lucasbalo(m): 7:27am On Aug 09, 2016
usba:

I tire for racist kissing brain dead discombobulates
I am surprised at how some Nigerians love the racist one. Tramp statrted his campaign by calling Latinos rapists, murderers and all sort of names. He doesn't like blacks or any one that ain't white. He's a misorgynist. Who makes fun of an Handicap ?. Only Tramp will do that on national tv. He's going to lose on a record landslide and he will go back to his scam. If he doesn't like American blacks what makes this Nigerian brainstems think he will like them. He's getting less than 1% of African/American votes according to the polls. That say something about a misorgynistic serial and pathological liar cum avowed racist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 50 Republican National Security Officials Blasts Trump In Open Letter by LGDON: 7:48am On Aug 09, 2016
Lucasbalo:
I never got a visa to US. I was born in Nigeria by Nigerian/ American parents. That answers your question and I was raised in Chicago. So come up with something new. Are you not the same guy asking for a way to get German visa?. Go choke on your $2 a day making adventure . Worry about your life in Nigeria and let Americans worry about US.

You were raised in Chicago, Obama main constituency

You are probably one of those ignorant Negros that were protesting last year at Trump campaign venue in Chicago

Now I understand your sentiments
Re: 50 Republican National Security Officials Blasts Trump In Open Letter by Lucasbalo(m): 7:50am On Aug 09, 2016
LGDON:

You were raised in Chicago, Obama main constituency

You are probably one of those ignorant Negros that were protesting last year at Trump campaign venue in Chicago

Now I understand your sentiments
Go beg for German visa again and you will be denied . Rot in your poverty life waiting for Tramp your mini God to come and save you.
Re: 50 Republican National Security Officials Blasts Trump In Open Letter by usba: 7:56am On Aug 09, 2016
Lucasbalo:
I am surprised at how some Nigerians love the racist one. Tramp statrted his campaign by calling Latinos rapists, murderers and all sort of names. He doesn't like blacks or any one that ain't white. He's a misorgynist. Who makes fun of an Handicap ?. Only Tramp will do that on national tv. He's going to lose on a record landslide and he will go back to his scam. If he doesn't like American blacks what makes this Nigerian brainstems think he will like them. He's getting less than 1% of African/American votes according to the polls. That say something about a misorgynistic serial and pathological liar cum avowed racist.

The only way America will clear this bloat is the thorough trouncing of Tramp

1 Like

Re: 50 Republican National Security Officials Blasts Trump In Open Letter by LGDON: 7:59am On Aug 09, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Go beg for German visa again and you will be denied . Rot in your poverty life waiting for Tramp your mini God to come and save you.

Lol

You are an azz

Am going there for my msc program
Re: 50 Republican National Security Officials Blasts Trump In Open Letter by Lucasbalo(m): 8:14am On Aug 09, 2016
LGDON:

Lol

You are an azz

Am going there for my msc program

Dimwit. So Nigerian Universities doesn't offer Msc programs anymore. Trying to escape from your dungeon. Keep trying and who knows you might be lucky to get it. You are still being taken care of by your parents and you are this condescending . I thought you are someone that's comfortable in life journey not knowing you are still being fed by your parents. Bambino , good luck to you.
Re: 50 Republican National Security Officials Blasts Trump In Open Letter by Lucasbalo(m): 8:17am On Aug 09, 2016
usba:

Tramp is going to lose in a landslide . He's very toxic and the commonsense republicans knows that. It will be the worst defeat in American presidential election in 100 years.

1 Like

Re: 50 Republican National Security Officials Blasts Trump In Open Letter by Lucasbalo(m): 8:17am On Aug 09, 2016
usba:

Tramp is going to lose in a landslide . He's very toxic and republicans knows that. It will be the worst defeat in American presidential election in 100 years.

1 Like

Re: 50 Republican National Security Officials Blasts Trump In Open Letter by usba: 8:20am On Aug 09, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Tramp is going to lose in a landslide . He's very toxic and the commonsense republicans knows that. It will be the worst defeat in American presidential election in 100 years.

Hope we will all have the memes rolling grin grin

1 Like

Re: 50 Republican National Security Officials Blasts Trump In Open Letter by Lucasbalo(m): 8:24am On Aug 09, 2016
usba:

Hope we will all have the memes rolling grin grin
Amen
Re: 50 Republican National Security Officials Blasts Trump In Open Letter by LGDON: 8:52am On Aug 09, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Dimwit. So Nigerian Universities doesn't offer Msc programs anymore. Trying to escape from your dungeon. Keep trying and who knows you might be lucky to get it. You are still being taken care of by your parents and you are this condescending . I thought you are someone that's comfortable in life journey not knowing you are still being fed by your parents. Bambino , good luck to you.
How and where I choose to do the program is my decision.

I understand your sentiments, as a black man you are trying to protect your own

Am a black man too but I can't support a woman who after the assassination of Gaddafi went on CNN to monk us.."We came, we saw,he die''.like a sadist

This could happen to any Africa leader or any of us

The weapons they shifted to rebels in Libya that period proliferate into west Africa, of course you don't expect those rebels to return the weapons after the revolution.

Hundreds of thousands of innocent life has been wasted in Nigeria with these weapons

During her term as secretary of state and obama

If America was a sane society as you people claimed such person should not be contesting for presidency.

Like I said in another thread Obama is a war criminal
Re: 50 Republican National Security Officials Blasts Trump In Open Letter by Yarduni: 11:13pm On Aug 11, 2016
LGDON:

How and where I choose to do the program is my decision.

I understand your sentiments, as a black man you are trying to protect your own

Am a black man too but I can't support a woman who after the assassination of Gaddafi went on CNN to monk us.."We came, we saw,he die''.like a sadist

This could happen to any Africa leader or any of us

The weapons they shifted to rebels in Libya that period proliferate into west Africa, of course you don't expect those rebels to return the weapons after the revolution.

Hundreds of thousands of innocent life has been wasted in Nigeria with these weapons

During her term as secretary of state and obama

If America was a sane society as you people claimed such person should not be contesting for presidency.

Like I said in another thread Obama is a war criminal

You make too much noise..

Read The Republican Letter Calling For The RNC to Cut Donald Trump’s Funding

http://time.com/4449116/donald-trump-rnc-funding-gop/

Take your time and read "propaganda"

(1) (Reply)

With 75 Pending Lawsuits, Donald Trump Is The Most Sued President In US History / How Donald Trump's Tweet Is Escalating Anti-govt. Protest In Iran / Overall Best Countries Ranking 2020 Rankings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.