Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Militants Accuse Jonathan Of Sponsoring Them - Washington Post - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Militants Accuse Jonathan Of Sponsoring Them - Washington Post (4724 Views)

Governors Accuse Jonathan’s Govt Of Importing Substandard Rice During Elections / How I Warned Jonathan Of Northern Conspiracy That Led To His Defeat – David Mark / Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Militants Accuse Jonathan Of Sponsoring Them - Washington Post by Orikinla(m): 7:36am On Aug 09, 2016
WARRI, Nigeria — A splinter group of Nigerian oil militants accuses former President Goodluck Jonathan and other politicians in the oil-rich Niger Delta of sponsoring attacks on oil installations that have slashed the West African nation’s petroleum production. Jonathan denied the allegations Monday and, through a spokesman, said the militants want to kill him. On Sunday, the Reformed Niger Delta Avengers published names of 20 alleged sponsors of the Niger Delta Avengers, the group it broke away from, including former and current governors of southern states. Politicians long have been accused of backing the oil militants. Southerners are accused of trying to destabilize the government of President ...

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/africa/militants-ex-president-is-sponsor-of-nigeria-oil-attacks/2016/08/08/bf09a0e2-5d82-11e6-84c1-6d27287896b5_story.html

[size=18pt]
QUESTION IS: WHO GAVE TOMPOLO THE MILLIONS OF DOLLAARS AND AUTHORIZATION TO IMPORT WAR SHIPS FROM NORWAY IN 2015?

Why should former President Goodluck Jonathan give Niger Delta militants the authority to acquire more arms during the Amnesty Programme?

In 2009 Nigeria’s government brokered an amnesty deal. The militants agreed to surrender their weapons in exchange for job training and monthly payments.
The amnesty programme for the Delta militants has been estimated to cost $500m per year and Nigeria’s coffers have been strained by the halving of the price of oil.

Photograph: A militant leader from the Niger Delta examines an anti-aircraft gun surrendered to the government as part of the 2009 amnesty deal (AFP Photo/Pius UtomiEkpei/Getty Images)
http://www.globalconstructionreview.com/news/men-wielding-ak-47s-capt0u8re-c8o4ns2tru0c4t2i5o8n/

Norway regrets selling warships to ex-Niger Delta militant, Tompolo
May 2, 2015Premium Times

Norwegian Defence Chief, Haakon Bruun-Hansen, an admiral, has apologised to the country’s lawmakers for the sale of a fleet of a decommissioned naval battleships and combats boats to a former Niger Delta militant, Government Ekpemupolo, also known as Tompolo.

Mr. Ekpemupolo was the leader of one of the several militias in the Niger Delta region that led a devastating campaign of violence against the Nigerian state for several years until he was awarded a multi-billion pipeline protection contract by the out-going Goodluck Jonathan administration as part of an amnesty deal with ex-combatants.

After giving up fighting, surrendering his arms, and leading his men to hand over their weapons, Tompolo in 2012 received at least six decommissioned Norwegian battleships, a Norwegian newspaper, Daglabet, found in December.

Among them were six fast-speed Hauk-class guided missile boats, now re-armed with new weapons.

The most recent hardware was the KNM Horten, a fast-attack craft allegedly used for anti-piracy patrol in the Nigerian waters.

Daglabet reported that the sale was implemented through a shell maritime Security Company based in the United Kingdom, CAS Global.

CAS Global was used to evade a requirement by Norway that arms dealers obtain export license from their country’s foreign affairs ministry, the report adds.

Mr. Ekpemupolo runs Global West Vessel Service, which handles maritime security issues for the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency, NIMASA.

After the deal became public in December, the Director General of NIMASA, Patrick Ziakede Akpobolokemi, claimed the vessels were purchased as part of a Public Private Partnership (PPP) arrangement in conjunction with the Nigerian Navy. He said the Navy has rearmed the vessels to enable it effectively carried out its anti-piracy patrol.

“As an arm of the government responsible for maritime safety, security and regulations amongst others, we work in conjunction with the Nigerian Navy and other relevant security agencies to use their men and arms to patrol and provide safety of the country’s water ways, as mandated by the global body, the International Maritime Organisation (IMO).

“It is the Navy that has fitted their guns on the vessels to aid their policing of the maritime domain,” he said.

The Norwegian government also, at the time, defended the transaction, according to Daglabet newspaper, saying the export “followed correct procedure and terms of export to Great Britain. The re-export from Great Britain to Nigeria is a question to be handled solely by British export control authorities”.

But the report that Norway sold such military hardware to an individual with a history of violence angered the country’s lawmakers and triggered an investigation leading to the arrest of three Norwegian civil servants, now being charged for corruption.

Speaking during a parliamentary disciplinary committee enquiry into the sale of the battleships this week, the defence chief, Mr. Bruun-Hansen, admitted that military officials did not do proper due diligence before selling the decommissioned ships.

“The fact that the vessels have landed in Nigeria under Nigerian flag reflects a breakdown in our systems, and I apologize for that,” Mr. Bruun-Hansen said during Thursday’s hearing.

Mr. Bruun-Hansen was not the Chief of Defence at the time when the battle ship were sold to CAS Global.

News bureau NTB reported that Mr. Bruun-Hansen’s predecessor, Harald Sunde, who was in-charge when the deal was struck, also apologised saying he was disappointed over all the mistakes made.

He however blamed the breakdown of due diligence in the sale of the vessel to a reorganisation at the defence department’s logistics organization (FLO), at the time the sales was made.

Also speaking during the hearing, Norwegian Foreign Minister, Børge Brende, said a lot about the sale and export of the vessels are still not known and the state prosecutor has been ordered to seek possible criminal violations.

Dagbladet, which uncovered the shady deal, reported that a simple google search would have revealed that CAS Global only had a post office address, yet the military went ahead and allowed Nigerian representatives of the firm, probably handpicked by Mr. Ekpemupolo, to inspect the vessels before they were sold.

“Does this mean that anybody can buy these boats, as long as they sign a declaration?” asked an irate Member of Parliament, Erik Skutle. “Even terrorists? How on earth could this happen?” he added.

During the hearing, Petter Jansen, the head of FLO also tried unsuccessfully to answer questions about another revelation by Dagbladet that Norwegian military had another former Norwegian Coast Guard vessel, the KV Titran, through a South African brokerage company, Nautic Africa, which in turn sold the vessel to an unnamed Nigerian company.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/182368-norway-regrets-selling-warships-to-ex-niger-delta-militant-tompolo.html

Whosoever authorizes and permits militants and terrorists to acquire arms is their sponsor.[/size]

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Militants Accuse Jonathan Of Sponsoring Them - Washington Post by HungerBAD: 7:37am On Aug 09, 2016
The Washington post is a well respected paper.

Their indictment of Goodluck Jonathan,should trouble all Nigerians. This has nothing to do with me supporting the APC,as this has everything to do with our Country called Nigeria.

The Warships Tompolo bought,is now starting to make sense. The sponsors of these Terrors in the creek will not succeed.

I even see the hands of senior Military men,from a certain part of Country in this. I still feel they pass classified informations to the militants,who without military trainings have so far been eluding Nigeria's best.

Azazi saw this coming,and he was silenced. It is high time the Government of Buhari show some strength,by moving against the mentioned sponsors of terror.

22 Likes

Re: Militants Accuse Jonathan Of Sponsoring Them - Washington Post by kossyablaze(m): 7:38am On Aug 09, 2016
Mtchew..... Next news abeg

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Militants Accuse Jonathan Of Sponsoring Them - Washington Post by madridguy(m): 7:41am On Aug 09, 2016
QUESTION IS: WHO GAVE TOMPOLO THE MILLIONS OF DOLLAARS AND AUTHORIZATION TO IMPORT WAR SHIPS FROM NORWAY IN 2015?

A very good question; I urge the Jonathanians on this forum to give an answer to this straight question.

GEJ remains the biggest error we made as a country. He personally coordinated the first bomb blast in Nigeria.

He invented Boko Haram to empty our treasure if you doubt me, ask yourself why Gen. Andrew Owoye Azazi was killed for his remarkable speech " PDP is Boko Haram and Boko Haram is PDP and if they " PDP " want an end to Boko Haram they know what to do.

GEJ himself; Boko Haram are inside my cabinet which he failed to produce them till he left office.

Since the game is over with Boko Haram, the callous man switch to scavengers just to bring this country down.

God is watching you, you can only deceive your likes " Na our brother or Hausa man cannot continue to rule us " but one day will be one day your secret will be widen reveal.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Militants Accuse Jonathan Of Sponsoring Them - Washington Post by Firefire(m): 7:41am On Aug 09, 2016
Orisirisi.

MOD, Joke section please.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Militants Accuse Jonathan Of Sponsoring Them - Washington Post by Progressive01(m): 7:44am On Aug 09, 2016
Whether Niger Delta terrorist or Boko Haram, he supports and sponsors.

Killed Azazi when he let the cat out of the bag.

Won't be surprised if Ayiri drops dead tomorrow over his calls for investigation.

Jogogoro is a dangerous man through and through.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Militants Accuse Jonathan Of Sponsoring Them - Washington Post by RoyalBlak007: 7:44am On Aug 09, 2016
Joke of the day

next! undecided

°°••°°••°°••

3 Likes

Re: Militants Accuse Jonathan Of Sponsoring Them - Washington Post by Snow5(m): 7:44am On Aug 09, 2016
Wetin concern me?

Re: Militants Accuse Jonathan Of Sponsoring Them - Washington Post by rusher14: 7:48am On Aug 09, 2016
They've got a point.

2 Likes

Re: Militants Accuse Jonathan Of Sponsoring Them - Washington Post by idensko(m): 7:53am On Aug 09, 2016
Now we know who d splinter militants are!.

@ OP all of us re not Zombies

C as I just dey luk u

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Militants Accuse Jonathan Of Sponsoring Them - Washington Post by babyfaceafrica: 7:56am On Aug 09, 2016
Okay
Re: Militants Accuse Jonathan Of Sponsoring Them - Washington Post by mastermaestro(m): 7:57am On Aug 09, 2016
[s][/s]
Orikinla:
WARRI, Nigeria — A splinter group of Nigerian oil militants accuses former President Goodluck Jonathan and other politicians in the oil-rich Niger Delta of sponsoring attacks on oil installations that have slashed the West African nation’s petroleum production. Jonathan denied the allegations Monday and, through a spokesman, said the militants want to kill him. On Sunday, the Reformed Niger Delta Avengers published names of 20 alleged sponsors of the Niger Delta Avengers, the group it broke away from, including former and current governors of southern states. Politicians long have been accused of backing the oil militants. Southerners are accused of trying to destabilize the government of President ...

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/africa/militants-ex-president-is-sponsor-of-nigeria-oil-attacks/2016/08/08/bf09a0e2-5d82-11e6-84c1-6d27287896b5_story.html

[size=18pt]

Why should former President Goodluck Jonathan give Niger Delta militants the authority to acquire more arms during the Amnesty Programme?

Whosoever authorizes and permits militants and terrorists to acquire arms is their sponsor.[/size]

[s][/s]

I was expecting a detailed report independently investigated by Washington Post. Disappointed. Just the same regurgitated apc hallucination.

Run out of here before I...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Militants Accuse Jonathan Of Sponsoring Them - Washington Post by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:58am On Aug 09, 2016
The Greatest Mistake Any Government will Do is to give Amnesty to Criminals,Jihadist,Kidnappers, Militants, when you have millions of youths even without jobs who avoid to indulge in such nefarious activities.....

Case Study of Benue Government and a Criminal called "Ghana" cool

6 Likes

Re: Militants Accuse Jonathan Of Sponsoring Them - Washington Post by dre11(m): 8:00am On Aug 09, 2016
Bits by bits, piece by piece all information and happenings of the former government as regards amnesty for the militants and deals is been scrutinise by intellectuals.

The truth will be unveiled sooner than expected

3 Likes

Re: Militants Accuse Jonathan Of Sponsoring Them - Washington Post by mazichika: 8:04am On Aug 09, 2016
Fools!
They tried with local media e no sale.now they move am to foreign media to see if e go attract attention. But one thing is for sure,no matter how you try to destroy an innocent man,it will always backfire!

GEJ we love you.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Militants Accuse Jonathan Of Sponsoring Them - Washington Post by usba: 8:11am On Aug 09, 2016
mastermaestro:
[/s][s]
[s]I was expecting an detailed report independently investigated by Washington Post. Disappointed. Just the same regurgitated apc hallucination.
Run out of here before I...[/s]

Use your brain it is not meant to fill up space in your skull...

It should be clear to all that GEJ was setting the government to fail, how would any sane individual pour so much money and grant so much space to criminals who should know better

8 Likes

Re: Militants Accuse Jonathan Of Sponsoring Them - Washington Post by asorocker: 8:12am On Aug 09, 2016
There is nothing we will not see in Nigeria , which one is Reformed Niger Delta Avengers again .on does not need to search to know this is a fake clandestine group trying to rubbish other groups

1 Like

Re: Militants Accuse Jonathan Of Sponsoring Them - Washington Post by bonechamberlain(m): 8:15am On Aug 09, 2016
This is pure nonsense, APC have decided to take propaganda to foreign land, even when they are in power. Buhari sit up and do your job, people are suffering.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Militants Accuse Jonathan Of Sponsoring Them - Washington Post by usba: 8:18am On Aug 09, 2016
asorocker:
There is nothing we will not see in Nigeria , which one is Reformed Niger Delta Avengers again .on does not need to search to know this is a fake clandestine group trying to rubbish other groups

Na God dey punish them, they are trying rubbish Nigeria by any mean necessary, now they have factionalise and resorted to rubbishing each other

1 Like

Re: Militants Accuse Jonathan Of Sponsoring Them - Washington Post by Orikinla(m): 8:25am On Aug 09, 2016
HungerBAD:

Their indictment of Goodluck Jonathan,should trouble all Nigerians. This has nothing to do with me supporting the APC,as this has everything to do with our Country called Nigeria.

The Warships Tompolo bought,is now starting to make sense. The sponsors of these Terrors in the creek will not succeed.

I even see the hands of senior Military men,from a certain part of Country in this. I still feel they pass classified informations to the militants,who without military trainings have so far been eluding Nigeria's best.

Azazi saw this coming,and he was silenced. It is high time the Government of Buhari show some strength,by moving against the mentioned sponsors of terror.

Very intelligent comment.

8 Likes

Re: Militants Accuse Jonathan Of Sponsoring Them - Washington Post by drss2(m): 8:26am On Aug 09, 2016
as expected, ''divide n rule'' scheme of buari dullard's govt has gone international to decieve more pipul. unfortunately for dem, wat washington post published is not different from wat was hatched by buari cassandra's govt in daura.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Militants Accuse Jonathan Of Sponsoring Them - Washington Post by Orikinla(m): 8:27am On Aug 09, 2016
usba:

Use your brain it is not meant to fill up space in your skull...

It should be clear to all that GEJ was setting the government to fail, how would any sane individual pour so much money and grant so much space to criminals who should know better

[size=18pt]He empowered them in advance.
It was a military strategy in case he lost his bid for second term.[/size]

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Militants Accuse Jonathan Of Sponsoring Them - Washington Post by Lurcky(m): 8:28am On Aug 09, 2016
Chai these peeps are hell bent on spoiling and destroying the reputation of GEJ, because he gets more attention these days.

as far as i m concerned GEJ is Innocent of dis rubbish they are saying until a good evidence is tendered.

1 Like

Re: Militants Accuse Jonathan Of Sponsoring Them - Washington Post by Orikinla(m): 8:36am On Aug 09, 2016
mazichika:
Fools!
They tried with local media e no sale.now they move am to foreign media to see if e go attract attention. But one thing is for sure,no matter how you try to destroy an innocent man,it will always backfire!

GEJ we love you.
Inno gini?

You don't know GEJ.

I know him better.
I was running Transform Nigeria Network for his re-election presidential campaign until we found out his misappropriations of the revenue allocations for defence to sponsor his desperate bid to win second term of office.
He caused the kidnap and abduction of the Chibok school girls.
More than 20, 000 innocent Nigerians, including students of secondary schools, polytechnics and universities, women and children were killed in terrorist attacks by Boko Haram when the billions of dollars would have been spent to stop these attacks and save lives.

Drones would have been enough to intercept Boko Haram terrorists even before they reach any target

9 Likes

Re: Militants Accuse Jonathan Of Sponsoring Them - Washington Post by Pavarottii(m): 8:38am On Aug 09, 2016
HungerBAD:

Wen they mentioned buhari as BH sponsor. Who and who went after him?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Militants Accuse Jonathan Of Sponsoring Them - Washington Post by drss2(m): 8:38am On Aug 09, 2016
mastermaestro:
[/s][s]

I was expecting an detailed report independently investigated by Washington Post. Disappointed. Just the same regurgitated apc hallucination.

hahahahhahaha bros no waste ur time on dem. it is visible to d deaf n audible to d blind dat d article on washington post was sponsored by daura officials in hope diverting attention from buari's failures n at d same time denting GEJ's personality n credibility internationally.
expect more of dis attacks in d coming weeks from d tables of daura.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Militants Accuse Jonathan Of Sponsoring Them - Washington Post by Pavarottii(m): 8:39am On Aug 09, 2016
HungerBAD:

Wen they mentioned buhari as BH sponsor. Who and who went after him? Abi Washington post was deaf that time.

My brother that is dead on Arrival. It won't cause GEJ's gate men to be worried.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Militants Accuse Jonathan Of Sponsoring Them - Washington Post by bakynes(m): 8:40am On Aug 09, 2016
I have always said it even before this report that, the fact that this militants can stand toe to toe with the Nigerian Armed forces is because of Jonathans carelessness. He gave out billions to militant groups and pipeline network maps to Tompolo and his likes. Half of NIMASA budget headed by Tompolo's friend Akpolobokemi was directed to Tompolo's company account yearly 500 million dollars. Tell me with some many ammunitions, Gun boats, Anti- Aircraft missles and lazy ijaw boys how they wont disturv the peace of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Militants Accuse Jonathan Of Sponsoring Them - Washington Post by Pavarottii(m): 8:44am On Aug 09, 2016
Orikinla:

Inno gini?

You don't know GEJ.

I know him better.
I was running Transform Nigeria Network for his re-election presidential campaign until we found out his misappropriations of the revenue allocations for defence to sponsor his desperate bid to win second term of office.
He caused the kidnap and abduction of the Chibok school girls.
More than 20, 000 innocent Nigerians, including students of secondary schools, polytechnics and universities, women and children were killed in terrorist attacks by Boko Haram when the billions of dollars would have been spent to stop these attacks and save lives.

Drones would have been enough to intercept Boko Haram terrorists even before they reach any target

My friend shut up! U know who better; u Don even enter Abuja 4 ur life b4. Coming here to spew gibberish. Why has buhari not used to drones since he came into power. U don't know we had more than 2,000 deaths in the first year of buhari reign, if u add fulani herdsmen, it will reach 4,000. Wat do u Call that. The moment u typed chibok girl( I just knew how shallow ur reasoning is).

Face reality bro. Buhari has failed you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Militants Accuse Jonathan Of Sponsoring Them - Washington Post by Orikinla(m): 8:46am On Aug 09, 2016
mastermaestro:
[/s][s]

I was expecting an detailed report independently investigated by Washington Post. Disappointed. Just the same regurgitated apc hallucination.

I am not a member of APC.
I only publish facts and not rumours.
You should read like an intelligent person.
Supporting Nigerian politicians is suicidal.
I lost my closest cousin who was PA to my uncle Onyema Ugochukwu, CON, during the gubernatorial war between Onyema of the PDP and Theodore Orji of the PPA.
My cousin was one of the sacrificial lambs, because he refused to listen to me not to join any of the Nigerian political parties.
They keep their own precious sons and daughters far away, but use the sons and daughters of the masses for their bloody political campaigns.
Lest you forget, Onyema Oguchukwu is related to former First Lady, Dame Patience Goodluck Jonathan whose mother was my father's cousin, from the same village.

Proxies of GEJ stopped the publication of "Ghosts of the Niger Delta" in Nigeria, because the book published as fiction is actually based on facts of the bloody oil deals in the Niger Delta.
https://www.amazon.com/Ghosts-Niger-Delta-Jeff-Zengele-ebook/dp/B0195A60GS

4 Likes

Re: Militants Accuse Jonathan Of Sponsoring Them - Washington Post by Firefire(m): 8:57am On Aug 09, 2016
Progressive01:
Whether Niger Delta terrorist or Boko Haram, he supports and sponsors.

Killed Azazi when he let the cat out of the bag.

Won't be surprised if Ayiri drops dead tomorrow over his calls for investigation.

Jogogoro is a dangerous man through and through.

Allegation without any empirical evidence... quoted for future reference.

Do me I do you...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Militants Accuse Jonathan Of Sponsoring Them - Washington Post by Orikinla(m): 8:58am On Aug 09, 2016
idensko:
Now we know who d splinter militants are!.

@ OP all of us re not Zombies

C as I just dey luk u
. grin grin grin

Please, read "Where Vultures Feast: Shell, Human Rights and Oil" by Ike Okonta (Author), Oronto Douglas

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Facts About Atiku's Grant Disbursement Form / Photo Of The Newly Completed Nnamdi Azikiwe Mausoleum / BREAKING...... The Executive Governor Of Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.