Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,611 members, 7,955,246 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:35 PM

Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday (34031 Views)

Marilyn Gbalahan: Okowa's Daughter Gives Birth On His 58th Birthday (Photos) / Stop Celebrating Ibori's Release --- Uduaghan. / Patience Jonathan Celebrates Her 58th Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by DropShot: 1:14pm On Aug 09, 2016
Okowa's Advert Celebrating A Convicted Ibori

It's save to say Nigeria has no good future with the caliber of leaders we have especially in the SS/SE. I can only imagine what barrage of condemnation will trail this act of wasteful and immoral display if the governor was from Lagos or any of the Northern states.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by Businessideas: 1:19pm On Aug 09, 2016
This is where the bailout fund is going. These governors never learn and the Niger Delta seems to have a badluck of having useless wasteful governors angry

144 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by Noneroone(m): 1:20pm On Aug 09, 2016
DropShot:
It's save to say Nigeria has no good future with the caliber of leaders we have especially in the SS/SE. I can only imagine what barrage of condemnation will trail this act of wasteful and immoral display if the governor was from Lagos or any of the Northern states.
so bad that they celebrating a convicted criminal. But i am pretty sure they are far better than southwest. The difference between ibori and tinubu is while ibori has been jailed, the criminal tinubu continue to hold sway in his region. His people shield him and hail him jagagban. The southwest has the worst set of leadership in Nigeria. The simple fact that they collect far more allocation than the east and yet not able to pay salaries, while most states in the east do proves this. There are ten times more corrupt politicians in the west that there can ever be in any southern zone. So the issue of ibori has been condemned by Deltans. When will sophisticated westerners get rid of tinubu?

126 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by DropShot: 1:33pm On Aug 09, 2016
Noneroone:
so bad
Let's see if Lalasticlala or Mynd44 thinks like that too.
Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by modath(f): 1:41pm On Aug 09, 2016
Why won't Delta's debt profile be the highest of the 36 states + FCT?

Right before us is the epitome of a visionless, spineless leader.... No sense of judgment, zero ethical value!!!

One can't even troll the people from that state for this, all one can feel is pity!! Pity for a lost and endangered generation..

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by jaybee3(m): 1:44pm On Aug 09, 2016
What a fvcking disgrace

Our attitude to corruption will make it extremely difficult to make any in-roads curtailing it

SHAME!!!!

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by DropShot: 1:44pm On Aug 09, 2016
Businessideas:
This is where the bailout fund is going. These governors never learn and the Niger Delta seems to have a badluck of having useless wasteful governors angry
That this was accepted without anyone raising an eyebrow is even more annoying. Have we sunk this low in Nigeria?
In a sane society, no one will want to associate with a pardoned convict let alone a serving convict who was found guilty of looting his state's treasury for personal gain.

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by DropShot: 1:46pm On Aug 09, 2016
jaybee3:
What a fvcking disgrace

Our attitude to corruption will make it extremely difficult to make any in-roads curtailing it

SHAME!!!!
Any wonder why some western leaders castigate and disparage Africans?

Ours is always opposite of norm.

17 Likes

Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by peterdrury: 1:48pm On Aug 09, 2016
All hail the worst governor ever, he has destroyed what's left by the former thieves in a year and few months. Nothing is happening in the state, the government is for his family and friends.

19 Likes

Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by lovat(m): 2:24pm On Aug 09, 2016
DropShot:
You are calling out SS;SE leaders forgetting that failures loom inn SW.

Lets talk about Aregbesola that plunge Osun into debt that it will take generation unborn to pay it back. Its said he used the funds to build schools but the result on ground shows that Borno state is ahead of Osun in the last Waec

Lets meet the party lover and king of flamboyancy in Ajimobi whose only achievement is kissing his wife and his daughter displaing her accessories like Imelda Marcos. Which tangible achievement can we point out that he did rather Oyo state is buried in debt and workers salaries will never be paid in this dispensation.

Do we need to talk about Ekiti where there is no governor rather a ponmo seller whose stock in trade is delivery of food rations to their citizens.

Ondo is presently in a mess with backlog of salaries and the people turning to militancy to survive.

Ogun state is the centre of World abandoned project with Printers and advertisements agency the only ones raking in profits for printing the govt utopian projects on empty land.

P.S I'm not holding brief for the stupid Okowa because the convict Ibori is holding Delta state down with his godson at the helm but i want you to remove the bamboo In your eyes before abusing SS/SE

83 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by DropShot: 2:40pm On Aug 09, 2016
lovat:
You are calling out SS;SE leaders forgetting that failures loom inn SW.

Lets talk about Aregbesola that plunge Osun into debt that it will take generation unborn to pay it back. Its said he used the funds to build schools but the result on ground shows that Borno state is ahead of Osun in the last election.

Lets m
You've not disappointed with your post!

But just to educate you a bit, one thing is to steal from people and hide/pretend you've not stolen. It's a different kettle of fish when you display your loot in their front. It's like saying "I stole you blind and I'm free to do as I wish with the loot. Nothing you can do".

I bet you, no governor in the SW will do this and not get reprimanded for it. It's enough to lose your seat in the next election. But our SS/SE brothers and sisters will even hail such a governor and die to have him remain in office.

Figure out the difference.

79 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by praise010(m): 3:04pm On Aug 09, 2016
What manner of leaders do we have in Nigeria?.

What set of followers do we have in Nigeria who rather than condemn the evil acts of their leaders will go all out to defend them and compare them with other tribes.

There was a country!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by lovat(m): 3:07pm On Aug 09, 2016
DropShot:

You've not disappointed with your post!

But just to educate you a bit, one thing is to steal from people and hide/pretend you've not stolen. It's a different kettle of fish when you display your loot in their front. It's like saying "I stole you blind and I'm free to do as I wish with the loot. Nothing you can do".

I bet you, no governor in the SW will do this and not get reprimanded for it. It's enough to lose your seat in the next election. But our SS/SE brothers and sisters will even hail such a governor and die to have him remain in office.

Figure out the difference.
Tell that to AJIMOBI of Oyo state whose daughter is rubbing it on Oyo civil servants face.

Plz show me the Lagos ibadan expressway newspaper that condemned it

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by omoharry(f): 3:10pm On Aug 09, 2016
I am dissappointment in Okowa..how can he do something like this?..instead of him to face governance and make a name for himself and his people, he is busy celebrating a thief that is still serving his time in prison...goodness.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by Izonpikin: 3:14pm On Aug 09, 2016
na wa...this is crazy...okowa should be thinking development than this madness,..... angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by rusher14: 3:39pm On Aug 09, 2016
Businessideas:

The Niger Delta isn't unlucky. We are mostly greedy, selfish, violent people hence the kind of leaders we get.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 09, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by Isoni(m): 3:42pm On Aug 09, 2016
Birds of the same feather...

4 Likes

Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by mastermaestro(m): 3:42pm On Aug 09, 2016
Imagine, a state is being ruled by a man from the four solid walls of a prison yard. A man who has no freedom ruling free men from a long distance. In fact Delta state died and was buried long long ago.

Quote me foolishly and be chastened mercilessly.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by MadCow1: 3:42pm On Aug 09, 2016
Lemme comment..

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by Sijo01(f): 3:43pm On Aug 09, 2016
Truth be told, Ibori is one of the best things to have happened to delta state...........Okowa is a failure and a slow poke.

3 Likes

Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by Spells(m): 3:43pm On Aug 09, 2016
See him mustache :d

1 Like

Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by Lucy001(f): 3:44pm On Aug 09, 2016
Okowa is a disgrace to the people of Delta State, for celebrating a criminal, he was the SSG under Ibori as a governor and he was one of them people who looted Delta State dry "Okowa" is a thief....

9 Likes

Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by chidextec: 3:44pm On Aug 09, 2016
I have stopped shedding tears for this fantastically corrupt nation...Welcome to Banana republic.

8 Likes

Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by hucienda: 3:45pm On Aug 09, 2016
Loyalty ... even for Prison??

Dis one na strong thing.

1 Like

Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by ednut1(m): 3:45pm On Aug 09, 2016
Lol what of we he returns

1 Like

Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by habex005(m): 3:45pm On Aug 09, 2016
is that not gladiator or spartacus i see there.
Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 09, 2016
DropShot:
Couldn't you have made your comment without the tribal jibe? Must every issue be steeped in tribalism? Poor leadership is a national menace which no region is immune from.

It is quite obvious that Ibori still remains the kingmaker in Delta state. He must have played a big role in the emergence of Okowa as the governor. Therefore, Okowa was merely felicitating with his godfather. Although this is an abominable act, I think the governor deserves some praise for not being a hypocrite. He could have condemned Ibori in public yet worship him in private. With this, he has left no one in doubt who the power behind the throne is.

10 Likes

Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by 9jatatafo(m): 3:46pm On Aug 09, 2016
Businessideas:

Our state governors are just wasteful and dull. Once they see money, they become fool.ish. The most annoying thing is that, by the time you see their academic qualifications, you would be amazed and wonder how come they are acting foollishly like someone who never came near the four corner walls of higher institutions

4 Likes

Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by Handsomecole(m): 3:46pm On Aug 09, 2016
I weep for Delta state. This is the major reason PDP was kicked out. They worship corruption.

7 Likes

Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by sassiemyk: 3:46pm On Aug 09, 2016
Hahahahahhahahahahaa, pls download from d link below, I can't laugh alone.https://my.notjustok.com/track/114343/chike-onuorah-wonderful-thing-prod-by-sassie-myk thank me later
Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by Sijo01(f): 3:47pm On Aug 09, 2016
peterdrury:
All hail the worst governor ever, he has destroyed what's left by the former thieves in a year and few months. Nothing is happening in the state, the government is for his family and friends.

On point! Okowa is a disgrace to the oil rich delta state.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Supporters Fighting With Machete Over Money In Osogbo. / Kanu Arrives Court In The Same Clothes, Pleads Not Guilty To FG's Amended Charge / Ukrainian, Polish Police Threaten To Shoot Unarmed African Students (Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.