Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Do You Want Nigeria To Divide - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Want Nigeria To Divide (2638 Views)

Opinion Polls. Do You Want Nigeria To Separate Or Remain One / The Second Woman In GEJ Life That He Doesnt Want Nigeria To Know About / Reasons Why The South-south And Igbos Want Nigeria separated And Why The Hausas And Yorubas dont (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by Bialegend(m): 11:25pm On Sep 25, 2009
OvieE:

Let it divide into two. North mind your business and south, I prayed will turn-out to be good governors and models to other Africa countries.
Sorry, but you can't eat your cake and have it back. It's aint gonna be divided into two, north and south. Igbos can not live together with you minorities in our mist. You either form your own country or go join the northerners your masters. You betrayed us and helped the same northerners killed us in millions, so you are better off continuing your arrsss licking of them. It is either Biafra made up of only Igbos or nothing.
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by namun(f): 7:35am On Sep 26, 2009
paleez,
for those that are tired of a unioin that is not moving nigeria forward. what can be done about it?what can we do about it?
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by Sine1: 10:03am On Sep 26, 2009
No way! What's the purpose of division? It would only lead to more division until each nuclear family declares itself a nation.
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by Thor(m): 12:06pm On Sep 28, 2009
Sine1:

No way! What's the purpose of division? It would only lead to more division until each nuclear family declares itself a nation.

And why would that be a bad thing? Can not be worse than it is now lipsrsealed
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by onemopol: 12:12pm On Sep 28, 2009
Thor:

It definitely will be worse my brother
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by Sine1: 2:08pm On Sep 28, 2009
Thor:

Hi Thor I live in Kensington as well!
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by presido1: 2:10pm On Sep 28, 2009
The problem we have in Nigeria is failure to do what we all know that is right. How can any sane person think that Nigeria will get better when IBB, Ibori, Ribadu, Yaradua, OBJ are people we look up to and call them our leaders. Divide this country and see how these thieves will seize to exist in their respective countries.
For the sake of our children children let divide the country as it won't get any better.
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by agor1974: 2:28pm On Sep 28, 2009
why some tribe in nigeria are afraid of division.lagos is what it is today cos of what it got from the east of the niger,abuja the same,then look at the same people who owns these things nothing is happening in their region.igbos have tried for nigeria as a nation they are the only tribe who develop any area they find themself in nigeria.can someone tell me how many yorubas or northeners that have come to igbo land and open companies or build properties for the upliftment of the eastern nigeria the only place u find them is the oil sector.how will the people of the region grow when the so call nigerian brothers and sister are against the development of the east.i have listen to many other tribe talk about igbos all is about negative.dont u see the that our african people dont like a progressing tribe.cant they just accept and let everyone go is way.
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by ikeyman00(m): 2:46pm On Sep 28, 2009
@@@

oh yes united hmm stronger

as long as east side is given noble attention in the term development lipsrsealed

it dey pain some oyibo wey wan bring scatter scatter lipsrsealed

hausa-yoruba continue foolin around lipsrsealed
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by spoOne: 3:40pm On Sep 28, 2009
Yes! into 250 countries - this way every ethnic group will have her own country.

So 250 or nothing else - we leave it as one.
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by german007(m): 4:03pm On Sep 28, 2009
Yes need to be definately divided into 5

Biafra
Hausa Republic
Oduduwa republic
MiddleBelt
Niger Delta
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by LordReed(m): 6:25pm On Sep 28, 2009
Yes I want Nigeria to divide along ethnic lines. Let all homogeneous ethnic locales become independent nation-states. Those to weak to survive on their own will broker alliances with themselves to form strong blocs or simply ally wit a bigger bloc. Am sure u can see the benefits in this.
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by ikeyman00(m): 6:40pm On Sep 28, 2009
^^^^
and how are u sure therent gona be em

east germany=east oduduwa

west germany west oduduwa springin up in future

i think its always good to look for long term solution

short term simply dnt last; it complicate issues

like f ukin IBB comin out from the hell had it

let there be true nigeria lipsrsealed

simple
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 28, 2009
Yorubas are never afraid of secession, I only fear for those tiny tribe cuz those militant boys from niger delta can contest for governorship election,
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by ikeyman00(m): 6:44pm On Sep 28, 2009
^^^^

only a fool will read that
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by CrudeOil2(m): 6:54pm On Sep 28, 2009
Divide ke, Nigeria would continue to rot for the next 100 years.
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by ikeyman00(m): 7:02pm On Sep 28, 2009
Bad governance, cause of religious crisis in the North - Gov. Goje
Bankole Makinde, Abuja
Sunday, September 27, 2009
GOMBE State Governor, Alhaji Danjuma Goje, on Saturday in Abuja took a swipe at political office holders in the North for being responsible for the spate of religious crises rocking that part of the country.

The two-term governor predicated his submission on what he called bad governance among the Northern leaders which has led to wanton destruction of lives and properties, even in the recent past.

He advised that such an ugly trend could be easily nipped if Northern leaders embraced equity, justice and fairness in the polity.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/sep/27/603.html
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by sheriffman(m): 7:32pm On Sep 28, 2009
I am tempted to reply to this topic,but I will refrain myself from doing so.

I just want to remind the poster and all concerned that this marriage called Nigeria cannot last forever if things continue to go the way it is.
But another truth is that we will all suffer in the event of a conflict
What guarantee will the Hausa man have that even after the canvassed break-up people like IBB will not continue to deceive them?
What guarantee will the man from the South-South have that thugs like Tony Anenih will not seize power in a much smaller country for their own use?
What is the assurance that a Yoruba man will not be governed by the likes of Adedibu?
How about the Igbo man?will he be free from power desperate people like Andy Uba?
ETC

I think the question that should be on our mind is how to remove and make powerless people like Ibori,Aondokaa,Waziri,Uba,Mangal,obasanjoetc from the polity
while encouraging good governance and transperancy like we have all seen in Fashola and Obi
Fearless commentators like Shehu Umar
People's Advocate like Gani
Younger generation of leaders
etc (you can add to the list)
so that even when the break up occur we can all smile and say that yes the battle was truly successful.

Let me remind we all that what we should fight in this country of ours is the evil cabal that is hell bent on keeping power at all cost.
A Hausa man and a south-south man will always remain friends (Yaradua and Ibori) as long as they see themselves in that cabal
A Yoruba man will always love his corrupt counterpart also from any part of the country as long as their pockets are filled.
and the comparison goes on.

The real fight is against the clique that wants to perpetuate itself in power at all times,and not against the average northerner or southerner on the streets.
The corrupt group that does not care how much the masses are suffering as long as they are celebrated by magazines and tabloid

Please young NLs use your time on the internet to create better and constructive topics and not this type of divide and rule threads
that is what the elites have been using against us all this while,let us now not be so foolish as to use it against ourselves.
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by Beaf: 8:26pm On Sep 28, 2009
Nigeria is a country where every state is an almajiri. They all produce nothing and go to Abuja to fill their monthly begging bowls with oil.
A wise saying; "those who don't work shouldn't eat".
Split the place so everyone can learn the dignity of producing their own money. Shameless. Maybe, then we will drop laziness and begin using our brains to manufacture stuff.

Maps of Nigeria's mineral resources (all undeveloped) of Nigeria here http://www.nipc.gov.ng/zonalmaps.html

Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by udezue(m): 8:44pm On Sep 28, 2009
Bialegend, bros not every minority man from SS is like Saro Wiwa, Adaka Boro, Edwin Clark, Ejoor, please. U forgot Frank Opugo, Bassey, Akpan, Obong Effiong, etc fought galantly and paid the heavy price just like Igbo leaders did so lets not discredit the good people just coz of the actions of some bigoted idiots responsible for the mess in the East and Niger Delta area in particular. If non Igbos of the South want to join let em join after all everyone will have autonomy so no one will feel held down. I personally will like Biafra consisting of Efik-Ibibio-Ekoi-Annang, Igbo, Ijo, Ogoni and even Isoko, Urhobo, groups if they want it. But its fine and dandy even if Biafra is only Igbo and non Igbos form theirs. Biafra is not an Igbo project, It was an Ijo man who even gave us the name so lets not forget that. One luv.
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by Fhemmmy: 8:47pm On Sep 28, 2009
I dont want Nigeria to divide, but it is no more what i want, but reality, i am not sure if Nigeria can co-exist for long any longer, so sooner or later, seems like Nigeria will break, i hope it wont happen though, cos if we can learn to live together in harmony, i am sure we will be able to rich the promise land together.
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by german007(m): 8:49pm On Sep 28, 2009
@fhemmy.

How long are we to wait before we reach the so called promised land?.
Cmon bros, lets be realistic.
NIGERIA NEEDS TO DIVIDE.
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by Fhemmmy: 8:53pm On Sep 28, 2009
german007:

@fhemmy.

How long are we to wait before we reach the so called promised land?.
Cmon bros, lets be realistic.
NIGERIA NEEDS TO DIVIDE.

I feel you, and that is why i said, reality has to be dealt with.
I still blv that if we can put aside the nonsense and deal with the nation like it all belongs to us all, we will be able to make something out of it.
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by namun(f): 10:47pm On Sep 28, 2009
@bialegend, if you have a problem with yoruba, turn and tell it to the stream, if not shut up!!!
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by namun(f): 10:57pm On Sep 28, 2009
@bialegend
why do you alaways talk like a typical unedutaed ibo, eh!! yoruba neve had or has the intention to join with igbo. it is just a combined force to shift away from the north. please, do not deceive yourself.
my people would NEVER APOLOGISE TO YOU . OK. SO DEAL WITH IT
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by namun(f): 11:02pm On Sep 28, 2009
and for those who believe the south west can not stand on its own- you shall be greatly surprised.
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by namun(f): 11:11pm On Sep 28, 2009
IF WE DIVIDE, PEOPLE WOULD KNOW WHERE THEIR UNDERDEVELOPMENT AND STAGNATION IS COMING FROM AND RESIST IT. THEY WOULD LEARN TO TASK THEMSELVES TO BE CREATIVE AND USE RESOURCES BETTER.
IT IS NOT ALL ABOUT OIL, VERY SOON, OIL WOULD BE USELESS OR ITS IMPORTANCE ERASED
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by sjeezy8: 11:18pm On Sep 28, 2009
Divide the country

People have always known how progressive the West is, even before independence.

Im ready to leave jor- Everyone will be having civil wars, while the west will be getting back to where they were before independence
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by Fhemmmy: 12:09am On Sep 29, 2009
sjeezy8:

Divide the country

People have always known how progressive the West is, even before independence.

Im ready to leave jor- Everyone will be having civil wars, while the west will be getting back to where they were before independence

there are good and bad in division.
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by OAM4J: 5:40am On Sep 29, 2009
Somehow it looks like a good option for us to divide, may be each region will develop quicker, that is if we have sound and patriotic leadership like Awolowo, Ahmadu Bello, and Zik of Africa. But it might be worse if the same set of leadership we have now will be the same people leading each region.

Having said all this, I know for sure that NIGERIA WILL NEVER DIVIDE, no matter what anybody says or wish. For as long as there is crude oil in Niger Delta. No way! By the time the oil finish, there would be no reason to divide. Bottom line: The whole agitation for division /resource control is base on the petrol$.
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by tolujohnso: 9:43am On Sep 29, 2009
Hey! cant you make your point without hurling insults? I can see you are indid a "complete gentleman", the kind of a leader the biafrans will not deserve. The picture u posted on ur profile confirms it. Best of luck!

Bialegend:

I[b] think you should shut up and stop talking like an average yorobaman [/b] that you are. Stop holding the ruling class accountable, it is you, you and you the masses that use to support the so called ruling class because they are from your ethnic group. Divide the county first and leave the so call imaginary strife and more dangerous internal crisis that will come up in any of the liberated countries trapped inside the cage nigeria. Your own problems in Yoruba country should worry you first.
I don't know why any strife and more dangerous internal crisis for example in Biafra should affect you in oduduwaland. You don't have to cry for Argentina, sorry Biafra for their so called imaginary strife and more dangerous internal crisis. Your cries for oduduwaland strife and more dangerous internal crisis should be your top most concern. Division of nigeria is the best way to go. Any one against this is a complete hypocrite and an ostrich that will forever have it's head buried on sand.

Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by yeswecan(m): 9:55am On Sep 29, 2009
yes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Helping Ohakim To Cling On Desperately In Imo ! / Silencing Beaf And Company / Why Do Yorubas Hate GEJ So Much?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.