Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,920 members, 7,817,695 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Do You Want Nigeria To Divide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Want Nigeria To Divide (2635 Views)

Opinion Polls. Do You Want Nigeria To Separate Or Remain One / The Second Woman In GEJ Life That He Doesnt Want Nigeria To Know About / Reasons Why The South-south And Igbos Want Nigeria separated And Why The Hausas And Yorubas dont (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by namun(f): 12:08am On Sep 24, 2009
SEUN PLEASE SET UP A VOTE
IF YES, PROPOSE WAYS THROUGH WHICH THE DIVISION OR HOW THE SEPARATION CAN BE FULFILED
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by Beaf: 12:13am On Sep 24, 2009
Yes
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by babapupa: 1:40am On Sep 24, 2009
Yes!! it's divided already.

Make it official and hand me my passport.
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by sjeezy8: 5:22am On Sep 24, 2009
ko matta, i dont go outside lasgiddi -aside from Osun and Ogun state.
Just let me make my millions/billions before it divides grin
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by naliakar: 5:27am On Sep 24, 2009
WHY DO PEOPLE START SUCH TOPICAL THREADS DESIGNED TO FEED BECOMERICH"S SATELLITE PARANOIA?
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by udezue(m): 5:30am On Sep 24, 2009
yes and yes :d
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by Nobody: 5:32am On Sep 24, 2009
sjeezy8:

You want Nigeria to wait 100 more years to divide undecided
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by sjeezy8: 5:35am On Sep 24, 2009
FL Gators:

You want Nigeria to wait 100 more years to divide undecided

ori e tongue guys are becoming millionaires(dollars no be naira) overnight in Naija.
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by chic2pimp(m): 5:43am On Sep 24, 2009
naliakar:

WHY DO PEOPLE START SUCH TOPICAL THREADS DESIGNED TO FEED BECOMERICH"S SATELLITE PARANOIA?
grin grin grin grin Becoomrich's case get as it be grin.

sjeezy8:

ori e tongue guys are becoming millionaires(dollars no be naira) overnight in Naija.

And I bet we all know how that money is made cool.
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by bilymuse: 7:14am On Sep 24, 2009
IF you hold a free and fair referendum regarding our coperate existence, the result would look like this:

South west - yes
South east - yes
South South - yes

north central - probably yes
north west - ? (no)
north east - ? (no)

the parasitic north east and north west would be too scared to vote yes, because they have nothing except Almajiris and genocidal religious zealot who destroyed and kill in the name of God

Big Question
If the majority would like to opt out of the union , why are we together?

Answer: Oil and War
Presently, the people benefiting most from the oil, don't own the oil. Their objective is to dry up the oil well, before abandoning the union. The people of South South would be left with no oil and a terrible environmental disaster. Oil is keeping the country together, when it dry up, the country will automaticall breaks up. the three major tribe hate each other, there is no common ground.

Secondly, there is no way Nigeria would break up without a war, the international community are doing everything they can to prevent it. f war should break out, it would destabilise the entire sub Sahara Africa and beyond, with over 50 milion Nigerians becoming refugee. This would have a domino effect on other west African countries resulting into all west Africa civil war. This would stretch the UN to a breaking point.
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by Onlytruth(m): 8:16am On Sep 24, 2009
bilymuse:

IF you hold a free and fair referendum regarding our coperate existence, the result would look like this:

South west - yes
South east - yes
South South - yes

north west - ? (no)
north east - ? (no)

the parasitic north east and north west would be too scared to vote yes, because they have nothing except Almajiris and genocidal religious zealot who destroyed and kill in the name of God

Big Question

Presently, the people benefiting most from the oil, don't own the oil. Their objective is to dry up the oil well, before abandoning the union. The people of South South would be left with no oil and a terrible environmental disaster. Oil is keeping the country together, when it dry up, the country will automaticall breaks up. the three major tribe hate each other, there is no common ground.

Secondly, there is no way Nigeria would break up without a war, the international community are doing everything they can to prevent it. f war should break out, it would destabilise the entire sub Sahara Africa and beyond, with over 50 milion Nigerians becoming refugee. This would have a domino effect on other west African countries resulting into all west Africa civil war. This would stretch the UN to a breaking point.

Fear driven prognosis!
I actually think there won't be a war. We can agree to share the oil revenue. That is the only thing that can cause a war. Besides everyone loses in war. Nigerians are too spoilt these days to experience a Somalia like situation.
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by ikeyman00(m): 8:29am On Sep 24, 2009
@@@@@@@@@@@@

this thread should be closed!

just havin access to net shouldnt imply typin shit
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by naso2(m): 9:46am On Sep 24, 2009
ikeyman00:

@@@@@@@@@@@@

this thread should be closed!

just havin access to net shouldnt imply typin shit

supported. We have too many threads on dividing Nigeria and all such nonsense. Let the poster contribute in one of the other numerous threads on this issue.
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by bilymuse: 11:51am On Sep 24, 2009
"Fear driven prognosis!
I actually think there won't be a war. We can agree to share the oil revenue. That is the only thing that can cause a war. Besides everyone loses in war. Nigerians are too spoilt these days to experience a Somalia like situation.

A situation where Nigerians sit around a table and amicably split the country will not exit, unless they are forced. The only compelling force is war.

CBN in conjunction with world bank report that more than 70% of northerners live below the poverty line. The north east and north west are filled with Almajiris who lack any worthy technical skill, and religious zealot who are ever ready to kill at the slightest provocation. They are parasite contributing next to nothing to the national coffer. This is a time bomb for war.

If Nigeria is to be split, why would the south south agree to share their oil with anybody?

The fact;
we are stuck together until the oil finish, the alternative is war
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by Thor(m): 11:56am On Sep 24, 2009
What is the north going to wage war with? Sand
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by ikeyman00(m): 12:08pm On Sep 24, 2009
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by banom(m): 12:14pm On Sep 24, 2009
@ Poster,
Divide ?

I want Nigeria to die
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by ohisng(m): 2:41pm On Sep 24, 2009
my reply-
LET THE COUNTRY BE DIVIDED!!!!!
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by Goldmind1(m): 2:49pm On Sep 24, 2009
That's a good topic. Nigeria, we all know is a failed state. If we continue like this for 100 years, we would have stay 100 wasted years. The best option is to divide this aritficial country called Nigeria,

I'll throw a big party any day this artificial country is broken.
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by chosen04(f): 3:02pm On Sep 24, 2009
But how come is thread is not on FRONT PAGE?
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by chosen04(f): 3:05pm On Sep 24, 2009
banom:

@ Poster,
Divide ?

I want Nigeria to die

I hate the Name. I will prefer to say i want the "geophrical expression" that we live in to die
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by tolujohnso: 6:25pm On Sep 24, 2009
Our problem in this country is not the north, south, east or west. The real problem is the ruling class! they trade the wellbeing & development of their own people & political zone, for their own greed, and smartly confuse their people to believe that another ethnic group/political zone is responsible for thier predicaments.

The ruling class will never accede to any move to disintegrate Nigeria for obvious reasons noted above. Neither is it a solution to our own (Masses) problems. Or who tells you that there wont be strife and more dangerous internal crisis in the "imagined" Odua republic, Biafra republic or even the Niger-delta, where unity & cooperation is only a mirrage?

More importantly! Nigeria cannot disintegrate through a roundtable, but only through unnecessary WAR & shedding of innocent blood. I mean my blood, your blood and that of our own loved ones! Or do you think that those in the ruling class will not flee to their safe haven? paherps we should think of why they prefer to set up their businesses outside Nigeria and buy expensive houses in other countries. Remember! when a tree is falling, the birds flies off!

What then would be the justification for all the unnecessary sacrifices! I suggest we stop being myopic in our thoughts. Let us recognize who our (Masses) true enemies are; free ourselves from their snares and move Nigeria to her royal place on the global platform. We cannot run away from our responsibility to our great nation Nigeria, else we would only experience cession after cession.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA!
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by udezue(m): 6:36pm On Sep 24, 2009
We will never share oil with anyone after that cesspit is divided. I'll prefer oil exploration is even stopped completely.

If the SW , SS, SE and maybe NC vote yes there is nothing NE and NW can do about it and if war is to break out I think they'll end up decimated.
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by Thor(m): 8:43pm On Sep 24, 2009
Everybody is always coming up with stupid reasons to keep this pile of shit together, why?

Why would anyone want Nigeria to live into the future?

Time to break it up lipsrsealed
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by Eziachi: 10:12pm On Sep 24, 2009
sjeezy8:

The problem is that people that talk too much or obsession about becoming rich doesn't often become rich and it's a fact of life. I should know, I am an Igboman, making money is our normal past time and hobby.
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by Eziachi: 10:22pm On Sep 24, 2009
bilymuse:

South west - yes
South east  -  yes
South South - yes

north west    -  ? (no)
north east     -  ? (no)

Big Question

I don't think everyone will agree with your yes and no theory. South West will only say yes if there is nothing else to say but yes.
And forget about this theory of sub sahara nonsense about Nigeria self important that will snowball into other places. Its all cock and bull story.Why would Ghana or senegal starts any sort of war just because Nigerian nations had parted company? And whom will they be fighting against or against them?
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by Eziachi: 10:33pm On Sep 24, 2009
tolujohnso:

Our problem in this country is not the north, south, east or west. The real problem is the ruling class! they trade the wellbeing & development of their own people & political zone, for their own greed, and smartly confuse their people to believe that another ethnic group/political zone is responsible for thier predicaments.

The ruling class will never accede to any move to disintegrate Nigeria for obvious reasons noted above. Neither is it a solution to our own (Masses) problems. Or who tells you that there wont be strife and more dangerous internal crisis in the "imagined" Odua republic, Biafra republic or even the Niger-delta, where unity & cooperation is only a mirrage?

More importantly! Nigeria cannot disintegrate through a roundtable, but only through unnecessary WAR & shedding of innocent blood. I mean my blood, your blood and that of our own loved ones! Or do you think that those in the ruling class will not flee to their safe haven? paherps we should think of why they prefer to set up their businesses outside Nigeria and buy expensive houses in other countries. Remember! when a tree is falling, the birds flies off!

What then would be the justification for all the unnecessary sacrifices! I suggest we stop being myopic in our thoughts. Let us recognize who our (Masses) true enemies are; free ourselves from their snares and move Nigeria to her royal place on the global platform. We cannot run away from our responsibility to our great nation Nigeria, else we would only experience cession after cession.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA!
Oh Please! Not this rubbish and outdated recycled nonsense again that it’s not this or that but the elite. The elite did not come from the trunk of a tree but among the masses of the same people you are excusing.

Ok then, let everybody go home and take care of their own elite, instead of the 50 years of collective failure and problem. Even  if one of the emerging nations succeeds, its better than nothing.

Its not the elite that is against the idea now, its you whom I don’t think belong to the elitist group or maybe I am wrong. Nigeria is long dead but people like you for years had been delaying its final burial and the for everyone sake, you can’t continue to keep the corpse, as the smell is getting out of hand.

As for your rumours of war, you and the Nigerian owners don’t scare us anymore with your spread and use of fear. Why should there be a war and whom will you be fighting and for what reason? We were all something before they created Nigeria and that is what we will all become again afterwards.

The Soviets are super power and the heaven did not drop when they separated, neither did they fire a bullet. This is the nonsense and bull we had been fed for years by those whose only means of living is to keep everyone inside the unworkable basket case called Nigeria but you lot are running out of excuse.
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by MrCrackles(m): 10:34pm On Sep 24, 2009
Topic
Who bloody cares. . . tongue
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by Eziachi: 11:00pm On Sep 24, 2009
na_so:

supported. We have too many threads on dividing Nigeria and all such nonsense. Let the poster contribute in one of the other numerous threads on this issue.

Why not start a thread that everone will just agree with you, since when had majoriy opinion had been come a bad thing?
You want the thread close or even th internet banned. Yes, typical Nigerian junta damaged mentality. natural born DICTACTORS.
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by OvieE: 11:33pm On Sep 24, 2009
Let it divide into two. North mind your business and south, I prayed will turn-out to be good governors and models to other Africa countries.
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by namun(f): 11:04pm On Sep 25, 2009
paleeez, its just to ask people opinion and ways to bring the division into realizaton and even faster without a war if possible.i believe its about time it ends but what is the way out of this,
Re: Do You Want Nigeria To Divide by Bialegend(m): 11:20pm On Sep 25, 2009
tolujohnso:

I think you should shut up and stop talking like an average yorobaman that you are. Stop holding the ruling class accountable, it is you, you and you the masses that use to support the so called ruling class because they are from your ethnic group. Divide the county first and leave the so call imaginary strife and more dangerous internal crisis that will come up in any of the liberated countries trapped inside the cage nigeria. Your own problems in Yoruba country should worry you first.
I don't know why any strife and more dangerous internal crisis for example in Biafra should affect you in oduduwaland. You don't have to cry for Argentina, sorry Biafra for their so called imaginary strife and more dangerous internal crisis. Your cries for oduduwaland strife and more dangerous internal crisis should be your top most concern. Division of nigeria is the best way to go. Any one against this is a complete hypocrite and an ostrich that will forever have it's head buried on sand.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Silencing Beaf And Company / REVEALED: Picture Of UNILAG Medical Student That Drowned At Elegushi Beach / NMA Kicks As CBN Authorises Med Lab Scientists To Regulate Importation Of IVDS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.