Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,704 members, 7,865,798 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 05:53 AM

Does Turning Off Wifi Save Battery? Not Really - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Does Turning Off Wifi Save Battery? Not Really (438 Views)

Save Battery, Storage And Data With These Lite Versions Of Your Favorite Apps. / Help! My Infinix Hot 4 Turns Off Wifi And Bluetooth Automatically / Phone Is Gradually Turning Me To Something Else(help/advice) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Turning Off Wifi Save Battery? Not Really by Nobody: 1:29am On Aug 10, 2016
Wifi does not use almost the battery that your cellular radios do, although wifi uses your battery, it's true. Wifi will instantly join when in range, and while out of range, it (typically) sips a small quantity of battery searching for a network. Let us also remember that turning off Wifi means which you'll use your mobile data, and while some of you lucky ducks may have unlimited info, that is not true for most users and if you turn off Wifi and forget to turn it back on, you're wasting valuable data in your cap that may've been just as easily got over Wifi.

If you are looking to conserve battery while out and around, disable Auto-Sync rather than Wifi — it'll help you prevent diverting G notifications, too.

That said, if that day-long trip is going to be exploring a http://thetechlicense.com/2016/05/wifi-save-battery/

1 Like

Re: Does Turning Off Wifi Save Battery? Not Really by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 10, 2016
This is used in place where GPS signals could get confused or blocked out by other sources, and it is also a means to help better determine an user’s location without relying entirely on GPS, which can be a battery-hog while giving turn-by turn positioning and directions. Ever wonder how Google can assist you to navigate inside the mall? Wifi Positioning for http://thetechlicense.com/2016/05/wifi-save-battery/
Re: Does Turning Off Wifi Save Battery? Not Really by adimonyechidi: 11:41am On Aug 10, 2016
What you said Make a little sense. I bought MTN MobileWi-Fi. I'm using it to Browse right. I notice that. While I'm On Mobile Data Connection. My Battery Run Down Faster. Then Wi-Fi. I charged My Phone. 100% Since Last Night. With Generator. I'm Using The MobileWi-Fi. And My Battery seem like its Not Moving at all.. I now Realize that is Why Most People in USA Uses Wi-Fi to browse. It's fast and It doesn't drain battery much.

2 Likes

Re: Does Turning Off Wifi Save Battery? Not Really by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 10, 2016
adimonyechidi:
What you said Make a little sense. I bought MTN MobileWi-Fi. I'm using it to Browse right. I notice that. While I'm On Mobile Data Connection. My Battery Run Down Faster. Then Wi-Fi. I charged My Phone. 100% Since Last Night. With Generator. I'm Using The MobileWi-Fi. And My Battery seem like its Not Moving at all.. I now Realize that is Why Most People in USA Uses Wi-Fi to browse. It's fast and It doesn't drain battery much.
Wifi is undoubtedly the best solution if someone desires battery life..

(1) (Reply)

How To Transfer SMS Messages From Iphone To Samsung Galaxy Note 7 / Watch The Samsung Galaxy Note7 Go Through A Hammer Test / Where Can I Get Samsung Galaxy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.