Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,319 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal (17895 Views)

Analysis On Europa League Semifinal Draw / Analysis On UEFA Champions League Semifinal Draw / Nigeria's First Ever Olympic Rower Makes History To Reach Semifinals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by Ipisi(m): 1:39am On Aug 10, 2016
Nigeria's Olympic rower Chierika Ukogu makes history, reaches single sculls semifinals

Nigeria's first ever Olympic rower Chierika Ukogu makes history to reach single sculls semifinals. Prior to representing Nigeria, the United States-based athlete had rowed for Mount St. Joseph Academy and Stanford University.
The 23-year-old qualified for the Olympics in October 2015 at the African Olympic Qualification Regatta in Tunisia.
Congrats to her, for making us proud even in the midst of economic hardship in the country.

http://get9jasports..com.ng/2016/08/nigerias-olympic-rower-chierika-ukogu.html

89 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by Nobody: 1:44am On Aug 10, 2016
she has come all this way to make
"united state of Nigeria" proud,
I just hope the sacrifice would be worth it
especially in a country that the minister of
of sports is more of a clown

89 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by richidinho(m): 6:14am On Aug 10, 2016
Waow... God wil not let her down

May be she actually defeated the chosen ones from USA

Go baby! Go baby!! Go baby!!!
Go for Gold

13 Likes

Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by Smellymouth: 6:41am On Aug 10, 2016
Go GIRL!! Make us proud!! WE love you GIRL.. kiss kiss

[img]http:///media/5-29-2015/9BMH3e.gif[/img]

Minister Dalung Solomon Nebuchanezzar, since you nor want make we happy..
==>

124 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by Nobody: 8:07am On Aug 10, 2016
Please.... Can someone inform this lady Federal Government won't reward her more than 15,000 naira grin grin.....

I WISH HER THE BEST!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by JoeCutie(m): 8:07am On Aug 10, 2016
I love to see ladies that strive - against all odds - to make things happen in this life. When a woman determines to do something? Nothing stops her. It's sexy.

This young Nigerian lady is an inspiration to millions of Nigerians who have lost hope in this our Nigeria of today. Let us not lose hope, let us be steadfast in loving, praying for, defending and representing our country. We are currently in darkness, but at the end of the tunnel, we shall see light. Let us not lose hope. Not yet.

Thanks to Chierika (God is great) for being an inspiration to us, for being so selfless and for exhibiting a height of patriotism. Go girl! The sky is only your starting point.

God bless us all, and God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 10, 2016
cool

1 Like

Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by Sunnycliff(m): 8:08am On Aug 10, 2016
Chierika ---- God is Great!
May your name continue to speak for you till you get the gold Nneoma!
#adaigbojiemeonu

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by HRich(m): 8:08am On Aug 10, 2016
Ok. She wasn't sponsored by Nigerian Government though. I wish her Gold.

17 Likes

Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by dasphinx1(m): 8:08am On Aug 10, 2016
Wow!!!!
Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by Elxandre(m): 8:08am On Aug 10, 2016
May she win Gold!
Fvckedyobitch come and see, this girl is defying your evil wishes. cheesy

Even though I still feel she chose Nigeria for 'personal' benefits.

Haters Don't quote me!!! grin

Just hit the dislike button tongue

3 Likes

Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by veekid(m): 8:08am On Aug 10, 2016
Good of you girl ........ We dey your back
Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by eleojo23: 8:09am On Aug 10, 2016
Kudos to her
Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by Oblitz(m): 8:09am On Aug 10, 2016
i love this girl
Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by Isoni(m): 8:09am On Aug 10, 2016
I never expererit

3 Likes

Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by Cadamlk: 8:09am On Aug 10, 2016
Oh my God! Am so inspired by this young woman. If anyone has to hate or criticize this country,she is in the best position as Nigeria has contributed nothing to her success story. Yet she chose to serve the same country .

Let us not forget she spent her own money to get herself qualified for this event and even bought her own kits.

This lady deserve to be CELEBERATED.

We can only pay her back by showing her our LOVE and APPRECIATIONS in our own way.

KUDOS TO HER.

6 Likes

Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by striker9(m): 8:10am On Aug 10, 2016
wonderful... I hope the Nigerian gov get it right ...you have done very well....
Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by Isoni(m): 8:10am On Aug 10, 2016
Smellymouth:
Go GIRL!! Make us proud!!

[img]http:///media/5-29-2015/9BMH3e.gif[/img]

Looooooooool

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by LEAFLET(m): 8:10am On Aug 10, 2016
Make I comment before this thread goes to the dogs... You go girl.. We love you...
Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by realestniggah: 8:10am On Aug 10, 2016
grin
e pa te wo fun omo yen grin

omo Igbo yii good gan

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 10, 2016
Good.

What would be better is that this sport gets popular in Nigeria as a result...so that we can bring up more Cherika Ukogus.

2 Likes

Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by MoyoGENERAL: 8:10am On Aug 10, 2016
I'm proud of her
#this is one of my motivations, if some great individuals can make such sacrifice for this country not minding the precarious situation we are in, then I wont be an exception! #
#GoChierika#
#GoForGold#

1 Like

Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by legendsilver(m): 8:10am On Aug 10, 2016
God is your strength dearest. Its time to move more feet forward

1 Like

Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 10, 2016
Wow! I love this girl.
Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by Proffdada: 8:10am On Aug 10, 2016
I pray she wins. Her efforts should rattle up the stupid politricks in Nigerian Olympic Committee grin
Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by hardywaltz(m): 8:10am On Aug 10, 2016
Good
Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by Lilimax(f): 8:11am On Aug 10, 2016
Go for gold girl! We have your backing smiley
Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by Creamish(f): 8:11am On Aug 10, 2016
Just when I'd lost hope in our athletes, a ray of sunlight shines through..

U go girl! smiley

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by babyfaceafrica: 8:11am On Aug 10, 2016
Wish her the best
Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by holluphemydavid(m): 8:11am On Aug 10, 2016
She will do us proud by God grace, go for gold babe
Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by Shym3xx: 8:11am On Aug 10, 2016
Proud of her.

Individual inspiration and blackness can drive one to greatness. Just believe and appreciate ya blackness.
Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by Gabrielwilliams(m): 8:11am On Aug 10, 2016
This Smellymouth eh... He is arguably the funniest guy on Nairaland. Seun or Mods should pls recognize this guy. Tiri gbosa for u!!! #Gbam!

14 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vicent Enyeama Thanks Nigerians (pics) / Leicester City To Sign £15million Wilfred Ndidi In January / Pictures From Super Eagles Last Training Session In Uyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.