Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Some Experiences Every Dark Skinned Person Can Relate To- Truenaijayarn - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Some Experiences Every Dark Skinned Person Can Relate To- Truenaijayarn (266 Views)

Girls That're Dark Skinned Looks Dirty! / If This Physically Disabled Person Can Do This, What’s Your Excuse?  (LOOK) / ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Some Experiences Every Dark Skinned Person Can Relate To- Truenaijayarn by bstringz(m): 2:16am On Aug 10, 2016
Dark skinned people are like the best and most beautiful people you’d ever meet(no offense to our light skinned friends) But we can’t deny the fact that Black is beautiful! Am dark skinned myself and am one of the cutest guys you’d ever meet

But there are some experiences that comes with being dark-skinned in a country like ours, especially a country where being an “oyinbo” is very celebrated. Am going to write down some experiences I had growing up as a dark-skinned person and am sure you’d be able to relate to a few or all of them.

1. BLACKY: People would tend to call you blacky especially when you are very dark-skinned. I didn’t experience this myself because am not that dark, am “chocolate” in complexion. However I have been around where a very dark skinned person is, and some people would just forget your name and replace it with blacky….. Black man…. Etc

2. GO AND TONE YOUR SKIN: This could be very annoying! Must I bleach my skin? When you are dark skinned, everyone around you becomes a skin care adviser… They would suggest the cream that you’d use to get a light tone….. They use the word “tone” when in reality it’s actually… Bleaching! Abeg I like my skin like this jare.

3. COMPARE YOU WITH YOUR LIGHT SKINNED FRIENDS: The ladies especially can relate to this. When that guy approaches you and you turn him down, he would let you know that you should be happy that he even approached you, instead of your light skinned friend. The comparison can be killing! Just don’t get any low self esteem because of this comparisons. Black is very beautiful.

4 YOU GET LESSER ATTENTION: This again is very common to the ladies. Whenever you are walking with your friend, all the guys attention would be On the light skinned girl. I don’t know what is wrong with African men and light skinned ladies. The bad part is that some of the men even running after the light skinned ladies, are dark skinned sef! Mtchew

Continue reading here http://truenaijayarn.com/some-experiences-every-dark-skinned-person-can-relate-to/
Re: Some Experiences Every Dark Skinned Person Can Relate To- Truenaijayarn by youngest85(m): 3:06am On Aug 10, 2016
Black is beautiful
Africa! Awhu!

#Teamblacks#

(1) (Reply)

Is their ILLUMINATING Form In Nigeria I Want To Buy / INSPIRE Your Audience...promote Your Business / Do You Need A Home Teacher?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.