Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences (22722 Views)

Horrible! Two Kids Burnt To Death In Mysterious Fire Outbreak In Ondo State / NIMC: National ID Card Pre-enrolment Portal Issues / How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 29, 2016
Identification Card , a basic need snubbed by some. Id card makes you a person, if I may say, it tells who you are easily to strangers, it makes you describeable. Some peoples non-challancy towards the pursuance of an Identification card has led many to lands unknown. I once saw a wallet on the floor, and I was unable to give it back to the owner because there was nothing I could use to trace him.
I have had a lot of experiences pertaining to ID card issues, and I will tell you some now.
My Carelessness
I went to the library just few days to my exams, to gather some knowledge and round up my preparation for the exam. After few hours of reading, I felt pressed and I had no option than to visit the toilet.
On getting there, four people were already waiting to use the toilet. I was disappointed, my sphincter could no longer hold it again. When it was my turn, I rushed into the toilet with the speed of light. I dropped my wallet which contained #13500 and some other valuables on the CWC. After completing my mission, I forgot to pick my purse.
I went back to where I was reading to continue my reading. I read for almost 4 hours before I discovered I left my purse behind in the toilet. On getting there I could no longer see it. After hours of searching, the library attendant told me someone dropped it with them and there was no way they could have contacted me.
If I had an ID card there, it would have been simpler.
Suffering by the Roadside
This is one of the most horrific moment of my life.
I was traveling back home from school, a 3-hour journey. I had to take a bus on the main road called catch and carry (Sonle in Yoruba.) Because of insufficient money, I dear not go to the garage. I waited for 3 hours to no avail. I did not get a single car – maybe due to fuel scarcity then.
Suddenly I saw a car coming but it was far away from me,some ladies had already stopped him. On getting there the car driver said he will only carry 3 ladies. My breeze was already fainting, I went back in disappointment. But suddenly, he called me to join them in the car at a very cheap price. It was when we kick started the journey that he told me he carried me because of the ID card he saw on me (a student ID card). I was extremely happy.
An ID card made me to get a car at the expense of others, by defiling the drivers status quo.
So I decided any where I go, I will go with my ID card

https://scholarzine./2016/07/29/id-card-importance-my-horrible-experiences/

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by babyfaceafrica: 10:30pm On Jul 29, 2016
Nice...its advisable for everyone to hva e an identification card,because the way police dey use people chop for lagos no be here...abeg its just 300 naira do one!!!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by ceslide: 10:31pm On Jul 29, 2016
Thank God for journey mercy.....you no gree do
Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by YoungLete(m): 10:32pm On Jul 29, 2016
Really?

1 Like

Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by KellyFORMAT(m): 10:33pm On Jul 29, 2016
People hardly notice d importance, until one finds his/herself in a situation that demands it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by emmymdk: 10:33pm On Jul 29, 2016
I always wear mine like a necklace because I have being a victim of security personnel brutality because of no authentic identification of who I claimed I was...
Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by Snow5(m): 10:34pm On Jul 29, 2016
I don't even know where my I. D card is now...

Inside my wallet?... Or my files.... Either ways... Let me pick it up now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by Hardeybohwarley(m): 10:35pm On Jul 29, 2016
nice write up
Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by bmcariyo(m): 10:36pm On Jul 29, 2016
its important for easy identification and also required by every adults In the country
Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by crownedprinz(m): 10:37pm On Jul 29, 2016
When the I'd card cannot be used in bank Yiu would be so frustrated...except voter, national I'd and drivers licence

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by Yian1(m): 10:37pm On Jul 29, 2016
na only you all this dey happen to? undecided go beg that old woman for your village o..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by Besto(m): 10:38pm On Jul 29, 2016
Cheap ride... Gbomo-gbomo never use you tidy kpomo b4

1 Like

Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by Jamsonille00(m): 10:38pm On Jul 29, 2016
Experience z d best teacher
Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by MandingoXXX: 10:41pm On Jul 29, 2016
Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by segebobo: 10:43pm On Jul 29, 2016
SARS obtained 30k from a guy cos of no ID card
https://www.nairaland.com/3257136/experience-called-sars-ikeja-today

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by superfelix: 10:43pm On Jul 29, 2016
Nice.... Good points
Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by adaksbullet: 10:43pm On Jul 29, 2016
u are whant too go out and u are not old ur id cad? wheir are u sch? who his Tish u English that u are speak and write? who his sayed that u can com too no and sayed tins?

undecided

3 Likes

Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by sademola: 10:45pm On Jul 29, 2016
Good message but not all ID cards can be "flashed", displayed or kept carelessly in a purse.

1 Like

Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by kellyJames5(m): 10:47pm On Jul 29, 2016
just like the National i.d card that is being issued now, most people won't bother getting theirs but i foresee the possibility of voting with National i.d card in the very near future instead of PVC.
Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by IntroVAT: 10:47pm On Jul 29, 2016
Seen
Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by unique75: 10:52pm On Jul 29, 2016
having I.D makes one more responsible, respectable and reachable.

1 Like

Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by computerboy: 10:54pm On Jul 29, 2016
OP You're on point but the issue is that everything in this country is hard.
There are few recognized IDs in Nigeria and you can't get them easily or cheaply.

Voter's card : Civil war to get one
National ID : Jesus might come first before that ID card
Driver's license : What of the car-less ones?
International passport : How will you spend such an amount when you're not planning to go abroad?

11 Likes

Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by Respect55(m): 11:00pm On Jul 29, 2016
I just lost mine today with my wallet and some other valuables inside d wallet. On a day like this, one begins to wonder if it is even wise to carry such valuables around.

Feeling sad

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by leshluap(m): 11:01pm On Jul 29, 2016
And whenever you carry your ID, always make sure you write your number on a small paper and put it inside the card holder. so when you mistakenly drop or forget it somewhere, locating you will be easier faster. During my service year, I forgot my nysc ID card inside a bus in benin. The driver called my next of kin ( my brother in Akure.) number written at d back of the card. that one called me and send me the drivers number. since then I have been having my own number on a paper at d corner of my ID holder.

4 Likes

Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by hardywaltz(m): 11:02pm On Jul 29, 2016
Not
Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by keletex2000(m): 11:04pm On Jul 29, 2016
...The importance of identity cards can not be over emphasised. As a matter of fact the only identification means that I do not have (useless to me at the moment) is the international passport.
I always have others,handy - National ID, Voter ID, Driver's Licence and Place of work ID.
Very important.
Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by HAH: 11:08pm On Jul 29, 2016
Most times your looks is what determines who you are not an ID card, a gentle man is alway a gentleman and an agbero will always look like one. Please try to be gentle and polite

However if you have an identification it can complement your looks on further inquiry of your personality especially by security personnel.

But note in some regions is risky to carry an I'd card especially when when caught by a road block of Boko Haram or arm robbers and they see you are a police

2 Likes

Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by steffans(m): 11:10pm On Jul 29, 2016
OK na.
Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by talk2hb1(m): 11:11pm On Jul 29, 2016
undecided undecided undecided
Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jul 29, 2016
adaksbullet:
u are whant too go out and u are not old ur id cad? wheir are u sch? who his Tish u English that u are speak and write? who his sayed that u can com too no and sayed tins?
undecided
wetin dey do this one undecided

1 Like

Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by Justiceotuya(m): 11:20pm On Jul 29, 2016
Nimc should do and give us our ID card na. It's getting to three years now and no sign of it showing. Their NIN slip is useless as p in psychology.

Talking 3 years to do card as if it will give us automatic entry to heaven
Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by UniqueGem(m): 11:31pm On Jul 29, 2016
Please guys, how can I get a worked/engineered[but authentic] drivers license without actually learning how to drive. It's urgently needed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See The State Of PHCN Pole In Ojodu, Lagos (Photos) / List Of Nigerians With Private Jets / Nigeria: Military Reject 'highly Unpatriotic' Calls To Sabotage Democracy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.