Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,109 members, 7,835,739 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Petrol Should Sell For N151.87/litre, Marketers Insist - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Petrol Should Sell For N151.87/litre, Marketers Insist (15435 Views)

NNPC Rewards Bovas For Adhering To N145/litre Fuel Price / Top Lucrative Fiverr Gigs You Should Sell In 2018 / Marketers:petrol Should Sell For N151.87/litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol Should Sell For N151.87/litre, Marketers Insist by zeburudaya: 6:02pm On Aug 10, 2016
Mgbo, mgbo, mgbo piafuchakwa unu isi! When we are not fit to payment N145 per litre, ndi ozu nwuru anwu are look for another way to increment the price. Are we pluck money from mango tree? angry

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Should Sell For N151.87/litre, Marketers Insist by ivandragon: 6:24pm On Aug 10, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

In 2010....GEJ signed a contract . Trhee Greenfield refineries. By 2014...nothing had happened.

Where are those refienreis

Yes...OBJ did not build too.

You see why people do not like PDP?You see why tribalisim is not the only reason for the 2015 loss (And that is a warning to APC too...no more jokes with us).

Yes, Buhari should stop spending too much money. I don't dispute that. He should spend more on power, transport, and improving refining power. But let's get real...even if he fixed all the refineries now(sad he did not)....we still need four to five new ones to stop importing.

while I agree with your statement, I think its only fair that we consider the direction the Obj & GEJ governments were heading (Yar Adua excluded).

the plan was to let the private sector take over the refineries. to do so, the govt had to deregulate so that investors would be certain that their investments will not be stifled by govt over regulation.

in that light, the govt had no desire to invest in a business it had no business being in. the Greenfield refineries were proposed with the understanding that govt would deregulate by 2011/12. failure to fully deregulate by first 2011 & then 2012, made the investors get cold feet (nobody enters into a business to make a loss).

while it can be argued that GEJ should have built refineries, it is important to state that this would have been almost impossible because the govt would have spent billions of dollars building a refinery while also having to subsidize fuel & no matter how much money we think we made then, this just won't have worked.

so there was no way we were going to eat our cake & still have it...
Re: Petrol Should Sell For N151.87/litre, Marketers Insist by AsoRockz01(m): 6:57pm On Aug 10, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Actually, Jonathan blessed us well, by building three green field refineries on paper.

And by using high oil revenues to keep on importing, and keep on subsidizing.....wasting dollars we should have saved....

Are you still there? Oh! We'Ve left you long ago. We've already moved on. Please do well to join us because if you remain there,you will die soon.
Re: Petrol Should Sell For N151.87/litre, Marketers Insist by woli2shehu: 7:08pm On Aug 10, 2016
[what NLC is doing to work's salary? quote author=dre11 post=48349109]From earlier report about Dollar Scarcity: Petrol Price Hike Looms, Marketers Say

https://www.nairaland.com/3277177/dollar-scarcity-petrol-price-hike

The petroleum marketers are insisting on increase in pump price.....

http://punchng.com/petrol-sell-n151-87litre-marketers-insist/[/quote]
Re: Petrol Should Sell For N151.87/litre, Marketers Insist by AngryNigerian(m): 7:47am On Aug 11, 2016
ceejay80s:

Ur own better, u were just saiding it to ur friend recent.....

My own be say I was just tolded it to my friend tomorrow

Ur own worst den...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote Bags Honorary Doctorate In ABU Zaria, Femi Otedola Spotted / Can Freelance Be The Answer To The Prayers Of Unemployed Nigerians? / Black Market Dollar To Naira Exchange Rate November 8 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.