Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,438 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Help: I Just Quit My Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Help: I Just Quit My Job (2250 Views)

I Just Got A Job From Nairaland / Should I Quit My Job For NYSC??? / N-power- I Just Received My Stipend. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: I Just Quit My Job by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 10, 2016
Hey guys, I quit my job on Saturday because my boss is a very disrespectful n a pain in the a$$......I graduated from University last year and I decided to do something while I wait for NYSC. I've been cutting hair (barbing) since I was like 12 years old so I hook up with this guy who was cool at first....on week days I make like 500- 1k for myself n weekends I make like 2k or 2500...I know the money is not much but I'm not the kinda person that goes around asking for handouts...A few months past n the guy started showing his true colors....first, he started by acting like he is doing me a favor. Then the insults came. God knows I'm not a vain person...I never disrespect people no matter how low or high placed they are n I don't talk unless I have something sensible to say... Every day I come to work, I get angry before going back... There was a particular day when an uncle of mind called me while I was cutting a customer's hair. I didn't pick the call at first but when he called again, I got worried, asked for the customer's permission n went out to pick the call...the call lasted for just 50 seconds. Immediately I came in, my boss started shouting n calling me names..I told him it was my uncle that called n the customer told him it was ok n he wasn't in a hurry, but he kept on and went as far as telling me that let "my 'father' n 'uncle' be feeding me na".... I was so mad n pissed off but I needed the miserly 2k for d day (Saturday) so I swallowed my anger n kept working.. There was a day he mentioned my family again so I went over to him n told him never to try it again...he stopped mentioning my family since then... I went to work early last Saturday hoping to make as much money as I could. When the first customer came in n wanted me to cut his hair, he told the guy in Igbo not to allow me do it ( I'm Middle Beltern who studied in the East)... This wasn't new sha so I respected myself n sat down. Few minutes later another customer came n insisted I shaved him, while I was doing it, my boss started shouting n insulting me in igbo( I understand but can't speak)..saying things like I don't have brain n ish.. I finished what I was doing and confronted him, I told him not to ever speak to me or insult me just cuz I was working for him... We started exchanging word n I told him I'm done.. This grown man was telling me that Buhari doesn't 'employ' Igbo people so he is doing me a favor by allowing me work in his barbershop.. I told him no problem n left................................................ Now the problem is, I don't have savings..I used all the money I had to pay 50percent of my debt( fees, dues, etc) in school cuz I wanna make sure I go for NYSC by November. Secondly, I know how to do other menial jobs like painting, bricklaying n stuff but believe me, even that kind work no de now...n thirdly, most barbershops around already have like 3 or 4 personnel................so my people, was I wrong to quit n should I go back or should I stay n hope for a miracle?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help: I Just Quit My Job by Hawx(m): 8:49am On Aug 10, 2016
Hmmmmm! His being hostile was a clear pointer to the fact that he wanted you to leave! I doubt if he will take you back. He sees you as a northerner and wants to pay you back in your own coin going by what Baba is doing at the national level. For people that hardly travel outside their states, they find it difficult to believe that the middle belters are also being sidelined by the core northerners for reasons best known to them.
Be that as it may, believe in God to provide another place for you. The reason being that working in a hostile environment will make you end up being filled with bitterness which is not good for your health.

5 Likes

Re: Help: I Just Quit My Job by Beamborla(f): 8:59am On Aug 10, 2016
it's time you asked for handout to start a shop of your own.

Swallow your pride and ask. A closed mouth is a closed destiny

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: I Just Quit My Job by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 10, 2016
Beamborla:
it's time you asked for handout to start a shop of your own.

Swallow your pride and ask. A closed mouth is a closed destiny
thanks dearie....God bless u

2 Likes

Re: Help: I Just Quit My Job by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 10, 2016
Hawx:
Hmmmmm! His being hostile was a clear pointer to the fact that he wanted you to leave! I doubt if he will take you back. He sees you as a northerner and wants to pay you back in your own coin going by what Baba is doing at the national level. For people that hardly travel outside their states, they find it difficult to believe that the middle belters are also being sidelined by the core northerners for reasons best known to them.
Be that as it may, believe in God to provide another place for you. The reason being that working in a hostile environment will make you end up being filled with bitterness which is not good for your health.
thanks bro.......God bless ya plenty
Re: Help: I Just Quit My Job by ogawisdom(m): 9:50am On Aug 10, 2016
Offer home services to about 20 of ur former customers n u shld b good until u open a barbing saloon of ur own.

U shld ve gotten d contacts of those dt liked ur barbing b4 leaving with this plan in mind.

NB u dnt need to buy anything BC those dt can afford home services already have a clipper of their own. Now see d next plan approach wealthy family women/men give them ur contact n offer to come to their house to Barb all their children plus hubby. Use church or big private nursery/primary schools to share ur services via handbills or whatever.

Home service #500 per head at least depending on proximity to u, location and hw wealthy d person is

Thank me later

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: I Just Quit My Job by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 10, 2016
ogawisdom:
Offer home services to about 20 of ur former customers n u shld b good until u open a barbing saloon of ur own.

U shld ve gotten d contacts of those dt liked ur barbing b4 leaving with this plan in mind
thanks bro....I didn't even think of that....they have been calling n I've avoided picking their calls.....thanks again for the idea
Re: Help: I Just Quit My Job by ogawisdom(m): 10:00am On Aug 10, 2016
KingEli:
thanks bro....I didn't even think of that....they have been calling n I've avoided picking their calls.....thanks again for the idea

I ve modified my post with more hints for u read again
Re: Help: I Just Quit My Job by An0nimus: 10:16am On Aug 10, 2016
KingEli:
I finished what I was doing and confronted him, I told him not to ever speak to me or insult me just cuz I was working for him... We started exchanging word n I told him I'm done.. This grown man was telling me that Buhari doesn't 'employ' Igbo people so he is doing me a favor by allowing me work in his barbershop.. I told him no problem n left................................................ Now the problem is, I don't have savings..I used all the money I had to pay 50percent of my debt( fees, dues, etc) in school cuz I wanna make sure I go for NYSC by November. Secondly, I know how to do other menial jobs like painting, bricklaying n stuff but believe me, even that kind work no de now...n thirdly, most barbershops around already have like 3 or 4 personnel................so my people, was I wrong to quit n should I go back or should I stay n hope for a miracle?

@bolded Even in the barber shop he's using to feed himself the man had to wing Buhari somehow into it. After he will cry that he's being oppressed. You wonder how these people think.

KingEli, the best advice has been given to you. Expect your oga to attack you for 'stealing his customers'. If you want to go larger you can draw a business plan for a barber shop of yours. Since you're in the business, this should be easy to come up with. In this business plan, include how much you can make for the person investing after x months or a year. People are more eager to help when there's something in for them. You never know which of your clients has extra money and is looking for a good business to invest in.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Help: I Just Quit My Job by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 10, 2016
An0nimus:

@bolded Even in the barber shop he's using to feed himself the man had to wing Buhari somehow into it. After he will cry that he's being oppressed. You wonder how these people think.

KingEli, the best advice has been given to you. Expect your oga to attack you for 'stealing his customers'. If you want to go larger you can draw a business plan for a barber shop of yours. Since you're in the business, this should be easy to come up with. In this business plan, include how much you can make for the person investing after x months or a year. People are more eager to help when there's something in for them. You never know which of your clients has extra money and is looking for a good business to invest in.

Good luck.
thank u sir
Re: Help: I Just Quit My Job by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 10, 2016
ogawisdom:

U shld ve gotten d contacts of those dt liked ur barbing b4 leaving with this plan in mind.

NB u dnt need to buy anything BC those dt can afford home services already have a clipper of their own. Now see d next plan approach wealthy family women/men give them ur contact n offer to come to their house to Barb all their children plus hubby. Use church or big private nursery/primary schools to share ur services via handbills or whatever.

Home service #500 per head at least depending on proximity to u, location and hw wealthy d person is

Thank me later
thanks again.....will keep u updated
Re: Help: I Just Quit My Job by Ligxy(f): 11:25am On Aug 10, 2016
ogawisdom:

Thank me later
Your moniker suits you. Op will even make more money than he was making before.

5 Likes

Re: Help: I Just Quit My Job by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 10, 2016
Ligxy:

Your moniker suits you. Op will even make more money than he was making before.
thank u honey..........I appreciate the love
Re: Help: I Just Quit My Job by egopersonified(f): 12:48pm On Aug 10, 2016
Please don't go around berating or abusing your ex boss, even to his own customers, learn to talk about him nicely to others, this single act can open unexpected doors.

5 Likes

Re: Help: I Just Quit My Job by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 10, 2016
egopersonified:
Please don't go around berating or abusing your ex boss, even to his own customers, learn to talk about him nicely to others, this single act can open unexpected doors.
thanks love
Re: Help: I Just Quit My Job by bayulll011(m): 3:53pm On Aug 10, 2016
KingEli:
Hey guys, I quit my job on Saturday because my boss is a very disrespectful n a pain in the a$$......I graduated from University last year nnel................so my people, was I wrong to quit n should I go back or should I stay n hope for a miracle?

Instead whining about how life is miserable to u,I will advise u to look inward,get a shop nd start the barber shop business,u got experience already,package ur shop u Nd u will see how pple will troop to ur shop

1 Like

Re: Help: I Just Quit My Job by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 10, 2016
bayulll011:

Instead whining about how life is miserable to u,I will advise u to look inward,get a shop nd start the barber shop business,u got experience already,package ur shop u Nd u will see how pple will troop to ur shop
thanks
Re: Help: I Just Quit My Job by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 10, 2016
Interesting...times are hard here is my two-pence:

- you have step to up your entrepreneurial spirit and look elsewhere as soon as possible. I suggest you get high street commercial space.

- you have to remain focused and don't lose your enduring spirit.

1 Like

Re: Help: I Just Quit My Job by ogawisdom(m): 6:37pm On Aug 10, 2016
KingEli:
thanks again.....will keep u updated

U r welcomed bro nothing beats having a skill in demand like barbing skill. It's well jst keep me posted on hw it went. I am always willing to advice further.

2 Likes

Re: Help: I Just Quit My Job by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 10, 2016
Keneking:
Interesting...times are hard here is my two-pence:

- you have step to up your entrepreneurial spirit and look elsewhere as soon as possible. I suggest you get high street commercial space.

- you have to remain focused and don't lose your enduring spirit.
thank u bro.....I appreciate d advice....May God bless ur hustle
Re: Help: I Just Quit My Job by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 10, 2016
ogawisdom:

U r welcomed bro nothing beats having a skill in demand like barbing skill. It's well jst keep me posted on hw it went. I am always willing to advice further.
I sure will sir
Re: Help: I Just Quit My Job by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 10, 2016
bayulll011:

You don't know how to give advise.

3 Likes

Re: Help: I Just Quit My Job by Unike1(m): 3:49am On Aug 11, 2016
Hipsofagoddess:

You don't know how to give advise.

Truly, he doesn't nd needs to learn.

1 Like

Re: Help: I Just Quit My Job by onward4life(m): 3:55am On Aug 11, 2016
KingEli:
Hey guys, I quit my job on Saturday because my boss is a very disrespectful n a pain in the a$$......I graduated from University last year and I decided to do something while I wait for NYSC. I've been cutting hair (barbing) since I was like 12 years old so I hook up with this guy who was cool at first....on week days I make like 500- 1k for myself n weekends I make like 2k or 2500...I know the money is not much but I'm not the kinda person that goes around asking for handouts...A few months past n the guy started showing his true colors....first, he started by acting like he is doing me a favor. Then the insults came. God knows I'm not a vain person...I never disrespect people no matter how low or high placed they are n I don't talk unless I have something sensible to say... Every day I come to work, I get angry before going back... There was a particular day when an uncle of mind called me while I was cutting a customer's hair. I didn't pick the call at first but when he called again, I got worried, asked for the customer's permission n went out to pick the call...the call lasted for just 50 seconds. Immediately I came in, my boss started shouting n calling me names..I told him it was my uncle that called n the customer told him it was ok n he wasn't in a hurry, but he kept on and went as far as telling me that let "my 'father' n 'uncle' be feeding me na".... I was so mad n pissed off but I needed the miserly 2k for d day (Saturday) so I swallowed my anger n kept working.. There was a day he mentioned my family again so I went over to him n told him never to try it again...he stopped mentioning my family since then... I went to work early last Saturday hoping to make as much money as I could. When the first customer came in n wanted me to cut his hair, he told the guy in Igbo not to allow me do it ( I'm Middle Beltern who studied in the East)... This wasn't new sha so I respected myself n sat down. Few minutes later another customer came n insisted I shaved him, while I was doing it, my boss started shouting n insulting me in igbo( I understand but can't speak)..saying things like I don't have brain n ish.. I finished what I was doing and confronted him, I told him not to ever speak to me or insult me just cuz I was working for him... We started exchanging word n I told him I'm done.. This grown man was telling me that Buhari doesn't 'employ' Igbo people so he is doing me a favor by allowing me work in his barbershop.. I told him no problem n left................................................ Now the problem is, I don't have savings..I used all the money I had to pay 50percent of my debt( fees, dues, etc) in school cuz I wanna make sure I go for NYSC by November. Secondly, I know how to do other menial jobs like painting, bricklaying n stuff but believe me, even that kind work no de now...n thirdly, most barbershops around already have like 3 or 4 personnel................so my people, was I wrong to quit n should I go back or should I stay n hope for a miracle?

Problem solved na u already gat skills just go ahead and establish anywhere u are sent for nysc!

2 Likes

Re: Help: I Just Quit My Job by duduade: 6:27am On Aug 11, 2016
Start your own barbing shop abeg

1 Like

Re: Help: I Just Quit My Job by Nobody: 8:45am On Aug 11, 2016
onward4life:

Problem solved na u already gat skills just go ahead and establish anywhere u are sent for nysc!
thanks man

1 Like

Re: Help: I Just Quit My Job by ammyluv2002(f): 12:08pm On Aug 11, 2016
ogawisdom:

Thank me later
Well said! Especially the home service. Op, this will really help you since you don't have enough savings yet.

1 Like

Re: Help: I Just Quit My Job by deluxecad(m): 12:14pm On Aug 11, 2016
bayulll011:

Why can't anybody understand that he doesn't have the initial capital to start up? He may have customers, but he just needs to be able to acquire a clipper, at least, to even offer home services.

He needs CASH encouragement!
Re: Help: I Just Quit My Job by bayulll011(m): 12:44pm On Aug 11, 2016
deluxecad:

Why can't anybody understand that he doesn't have the initial capital to start up? He may have customers, but he just needs to be able to acquire a clipper, at least, to even offer home services.

He needs CASH encouragement!

Ok what do u suggest,let's raise a fund for him

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Got This Job Offer From Talbott Hotel, Is It For Real? / No December Stipend For Npower Applicants / Capital Express Job Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.