Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,159 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Feyi Fawehinmi: I’m Sorry If I Convinced Anyone To Vote For This Government - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Feyi Fawehinmi: I’m Sorry If I Convinced Anyone To Vote For This Government (39196 Views)

Youths Boo Ozekhome At Gani Fawehinmi Lecture / A Bigger Gani Fawehinmi's Statue Erected At Ojota (Photo) / Feyi Fawehinmi: How To Make Sense Of Nigeria’s Currency Swap Deal With China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feyi Fawehinmi: I’m Sorry If I Convinced Anyone To Vote For This Government by mmsen: 6:06pm On Aug 10, 2016
dockokwus:

What was sound about the economic team of GEJ.
Some of u people miss the point that it's sometimes irritating and nauseating:people are disillusioned with PMB not that GEJ cudnt have been as clueless and drunk on the seat than he ever was,but because PMB had a golden opportunity to start from nothing with the greatest masses support ever had by a Nigerian president;but he has frittered it all on selectiveness,ethnicity,and sheer economic incompetence.
GEJ cud never have been an option in any decent society with the way he was running Nigeria aground,but the option that ought to have been celebrated now has become engrossed in the sheer surprise of him truly being in office that he has caused us another 2 years of pain,scorn and crass ineptitude.

How can you say that GEJ's government ran the economy into the ground when the economy was growing, recognized as the best nation to invest in in Africa and became the largest economy on the continent?

11 Likes

Re: Feyi Fawehinmi: I’m Sorry If I Convinced Anyone To Vote For This Government by soberdrunk(m): 6:06pm On Aug 10, 2016
IN ALL HONESTY, THE CHOICE BETWEEN 'PDP' AND "APC" WAS CHOOSING BETWEEN "THE DEVIL" AND "THE DEEP BLUE SEA", WE ALL KNOW THERE IS A 'POSSIBILITY' OF LEARNING HOW TO SWIM AND "SURVIVE" AT SEA BUT YOU CAN 'NEVER' "TRULY" SURVIVE THE DEVILS TRICKS >: sad

2 Likes

Re: Feyi Fawehinmi: I’m Sorry If I Convinced Anyone To Vote For This Government by Pavarottii(m): 6:07pm On Aug 10, 2016
sokera:
Boko haram and Dasuki gate alone is enough to let you know GEJ was not an option ... Now what makes you feel GEJ was ?
Wat do u mean by BH? B4 GEJ left, he recaptured all lost territories, and. Elections in those 3 states with about 90% PVC Collection. And we r new to it, he was in d state 3 times to prove it and the Never again trended. And no one can completely win terror. So I give him a B there.

For Dasuki gate. Which court or EFCC or DSS or ICPC or NPF or suspect has mentioned GEJ's name in any corruption case?
To go further, av u heard from Dasuki himself agreeing that he used NSA funds. We only hear Wat they want us to hear; why not give Dasuki a fair, open trial.

I won't tell why GEJ is best. Cos happenings are already showing he is better. I may take a whole day telling u why he is better. U give me good reasons, lemme counter constructively and with total fairness.
Thank you.

9 Likes

Re: Feyi Fawehinmi: I’m Sorry If I Convinced Anyone To Vote For This Government by zangiff(m): 6:07pm On Aug 10, 2016
Re: Feyi Fawehinmi: I’m Sorry If I Convinced Anyone To Vote For This Government by cold(m): 6:07pm On Aug 10, 2016
Seriously what is Buhari's economic policy? Does anybody know? Can someone please highlight them here for the rest of us because i am at a loss here.

6 Likes

Re: Feyi Fawehinmi: I’m Sorry If I Convinced Anyone To Vote For This Government by Qualer: 6:08pm On Aug 10, 2016
Oluwabusobomi:
Eye don clear cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Feyi Fawehinmi: I’m Sorry If I Convinced Anyone To Vote For This Government by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 10, 2016
juman:
PDP failed nigeria for 16 years.

APC that came after them is a senseless government.

Obviously they lack the wisdom to lead nigeria to success.

For me I can't categorically say PDP failed Nigerians, our problem was that we felt cheated by PDP. But obviously I think PDP really did a good job in terms of economy policy

5 Likes

Re: Feyi Fawehinmi: I’m Sorry If I Convinced Anyone To Vote For This Government by Omeny: 6:12pm On Aug 10, 2016
[quote author=AntiWailer post=48367171][/quote]

GEJ was an option unless u think otherwise.

Remember they never allowed GEJ to rest one day?

They said they will not let him have peace nau, u don forget?

Boko boys,Ojota carnival,scam chibok girls issues etc.

It even got so mad that even when Man and woman had a little misunderstanding, it was Jonathan. Patience Jonathan was ridiculed from all fronts, these things are still very fresh now.
Everybody that never allow GEJ to rest one day in office must go and sick for forgiveness from God.

6 Likes

Re: Feyi Fawehinmi: I’m Sorry If I Convinced Anyone To Vote For This Government by Kobicove(m): 6:14pm On Aug 10, 2016
You have not seen anything yet.

You voted for incompetence and ineptitude...

Relax and enjoy the nightmare you brought upon yourself! tongue

3 Likes

Re: Feyi Fawehinmi: I’m Sorry If I Convinced Anyone To Vote For This Government by smartbros(m): 6:17pm On Aug 10, 2016
As Zombies eyes don dey Open #GodWin

2 Likes

Re: Feyi Fawehinmi: I’m Sorry If I Convinced Anyone To Vote For This Government by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 10, 2016
dockokwus:

Some of u people miss the point that it's sometimes irritating and nauseating:people are disillusioned with PMB not that GEJ cudnt have been as clueless and drunk on the seat than he ever was,but because PMB had a golden opportunity to start from nothing with the greatest masses support ever had by a Nigerian president;but he has frittered it all on selectiveness,ethnicity,and sheer economic incompetence.
GEJ cud never have been an option in any decent society with the way he was running Nigeria aground,but the option that ought to have been celebrated now has become engrossed in the sheer surprise of him truly being in office that he has caused us another 2 years of pain,scorn and crass ineptitude.

You can discount on the lofty expressions it decries common sense,if PMB started with nothing with what did he pay bailout to states multiple times.Perhaps the transpareny we witnessed prevous in some federal institutions have dulled and we forget that the country makes huge revenues from some tasks,NLNG,FIRS,PORTS,CUSTOMS pay to the tune of 2 trillion per quarter.How many quarters has this administartion used?

In the end it's not GEJ or PMB,it's leadership backed by vision that can convert limited resources into massive results.This is what Nigerians need not mud slinging that won't even reahc Aso rock.And stop defending PMB,he's grossly incompetent.

is it till when satchet tomato reaches 200naira or when the dollar skids to 1000naira and we become like Zimbabwe we agree and concur this dude is incomptenet.pikin of 18months old go soon start to dey brush teeth o...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Feyi Fawehinmi: I’m Sorry If I Convinced Anyone To Vote For This Government by ojoj(m): 6:17pm On Aug 10, 2016
Feyi Fawehinmi ans the likes should be ashamed of themselves. Go and bring the best economist in the world and give him/her project Nigeria to work on and see if there will be immediate result. Most of you are just blabbing and mis yearning concerning this govt. Something that has been spoilt for a number of years and expect a miracle within few years. Those of you criticising this govt. should contest and bring your ideas to fore. I am telling you some of us still have confidence in this govt.

1 Like

Re: Feyi Fawehinmi: I’m Sorry If I Convinced Anyone To Vote For This Government by manutdadex(m): 6:18pm On Aug 10, 2016
omoharry:
We need another strong oppositin party then with a defined cut out ideology that centres on the wellbeing of the country as well as the masses..but definately not APC & PDP
Inexperience and a dull candidate is what is killing d government of d day. Running a country like Nigeria still needs an experience pdp and an intelligent candidate, not d old recycled products
not atikus, objs, obanikoror... pdp needs to hunt for someone that is intelligent. we need a steady hand to stir d ship(pdp) and a good navigation system (structural change of governance) and a navigator(an intelligent candidate) all which Apc lacks.. indecisions and decisions make or break a leader...bubu is super clueless

2 Likes

Re: Feyi Fawehinmi: I’m Sorry If I Convinced Anyone To Vote For This Government by fujirice: 6:19pm On Aug 10, 2016
dockokwus:

grin grin grin
Walahi! I just ThankGod that Buhari won and all these things are unfolding before us.
Let me add to one of Buhari's favorite parlance, "if we do not kill tribalism and partisan politics in this country, it will surely kill us".
That's all I've got to say.

1 Like

Re: Feyi Fawehinmi: I’m Sorry If I Convinced Anyone To Vote For This Government by jerryfisher(m): 6:20pm On Aug 10, 2016
Paperwhite:
The reality is now clearer.
not yet.......

1 Like

Re: Feyi Fawehinmi: I’m Sorry If I Convinced Anyone To Vote For This Government by Enyimbamercedes: 6:21pm On Aug 10, 2016
Comsol:

Source: http://www.thescoopng.com/feyi-fawehinmi/
So...Mr. Feyi Fawehinmi, after this your long epistle, who your wailing don epp? An administration that from the start classified people who saw them for what they really were as Wailing Wailers. Now your eyes have opened and you want to switch to a wailer? Come on Gerrarahere mehn. You na'am saying.....shiiiiiiit

1 Like

Re: Feyi Fawehinmi: I’m Sorry If I Convinced Anyone To Vote For This Government by jerryfisher(m): 6:24pm On Aug 10, 2016
tuniski:

Who is we? Abegi speak for yourself. Apc is still not the option for millions even though they are in govt. We need a re-branded pdp #apcOut!
#PDPIN

2 Likes

Re: Feyi Fawehinmi: I’m Sorry If I Convinced Anyone To Vote For This Government by kings09(m): 6:24pm On Aug 10, 2016
Guy have u noticed u r being embarrassed by being IGNORED? I read comments up to page 2 n no1 seem to notice if u n ur comments exist. Ur fellow NLers r having a meaningful deliberation n all u do is to act as if u r forcing ur comments down the throats of evry1 on dis thread. Make I quote u to save d embarrassment. Choi!
tsdarkside:

dont mind "the wailing wall of the south-yeast and the south-shout"....

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Feyi Fawehinmi: I’m Sorry If I Convinced Anyone To Vote For This Government by onatisi(m): 6:25pm On Aug 10, 2016
Gradually they are beginning to admit their stupidity and foolishness in campaigning for buhari.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Feyi Fawehinmi: I’m Sorry If I Convinced Anyone To Vote For This Government by jerryfisher(m): 6:26pm On Aug 10, 2016
Oluwabusobomi:
Eye don clear cheesy
pls the "broom" should pls step aside!!!let the umbrella come inside...........

2 Likes

Re: Feyi Fawehinmi: I’m Sorry If I Convinced Anyone To Vote For This Government by AuroraB(f): 6:27pm On Aug 10, 2016
omoharry:
no..PDP; no matter how re-branded they will be parkage, it will not be any better..we need a new party made up of new faces without any Godfatherism.
Oh, PDP's got a godfather? Who's that, possibly embarassed

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Feyi Fawehinmi: I’m Sorry If I Convinced Anyone To Vote For This Government by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 10, 2016
[qauote author=wristbangle post=48363155]

The guy above is more confused.

Anyway I disagree with the bolded. GEJ is leading Nigeria no where neither PMB at the moment. We need another party for presidential race. PDP and APC no tire u?[/quote]
U don kil me wit laf am abt to ft Zoro and Rapdibia i wil that ur punch line zoro wil be on the second verse the guy on 2nd verse is confusd like our economy
Re: Feyi Fawehinmi: I’m Sorry If I Convinced Anyone To Vote For This Government by musicwriter(m): 6:35pm On Aug 10, 2016
Anybody who thought a 73 year old man had any miracles for Nigeria is a big fool. Anybody with a brain should've known at that age Buhari is out of ideas and have nothing "progressive" to offer Nigeria.

That's why Americans and the British voted Obama and Cameron, both in their 40's.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4089244_cdocumentsandsettingshitecmydocumentsdownloadsoldage_jpeg_jpegb52bd482a84795bf4a2cef7908aa58b3

3 Likes

Re: Feyi Fawehinmi: I’m Sorry If I Convinced Anyone To Vote For This Government by Mboi: 6:35pm On Aug 10, 2016
iamsparrow:
Prior to the election, GEJ and pdp were not an option for Nigerians and I am afraid they are still not.

At least one positive from the election was breaking the jinx that the incumbent cannot be defeated. We need another opposition party to check Bubu and APC aside pdp
When will Nigerians stop reasoning with one side of their brain? You are talking off point man. Let me dance to ur step, it takes an honorable man, a politician with people's interest at heart to accept defeat as an incumbent and allow people's choice to prevail without any atom of bitterness and challenge in any form. You will be living in self-denial if you maintain that since inception of democracy in Nigeria that an incumbent has never been defeated in an election but they use their power and might to rip the winner his or her mandate. GEJ would've done the same if considers the interest of Nigerians more important than his. Take it or leave it no Nigerian politician even the self acclaimed man of integrity called Buhari cannot do what GEJ did but that is not what the poster is saying. Read the post again to understand.

3 Likes

Re: Feyi Fawehinmi: I’m Sorry If I Convinced Anyone To Vote For This Government by gbishman: 6:35pm On Aug 10, 2016
Feyi just shut ur trap, u didn't convince anyone Nigerians made their choice they are living with their choice. Suck it up and move on elections are over
Re: Feyi Fawehinmi: I’m Sorry If I Convinced Anyone To Vote For This Government by Bizibi(m): 6:37pm On Aug 10, 2016
mmsen:

How do you say that GEJ's government ran the economy into the ground when the economy was growing, recognized as the best nation to invest in in Africa and became the largest economy on the continent?

you dey mind that one,they just come here and write grammar on this platform.
The new excuse now is gej was not an option.
If this govt continue like this till next june,I will gladly support any coup.....I no wan die of hunger before 2019

5 Likes

Re: Feyi Fawehinmi: I’m Sorry If I Convinced Anyone To Vote For This Government by damon222: 6:43pm On Aug 10, 2016
Yujin:
If you are sincere with this piece I guess you are repentant then. Welcome to the right side. I can see a new country emerging from the smoldering ashes of this Nigeria. We warned but prejudice and hatred blinded a whole lot of people and today we are here. If not for unbridled anger, who would have rejected the sound economic team of GEJ for one antediluvian tyrant called buhari? Any way, what has been written must be accomplished. Welcome Feyi.
The same I said few days ago. Pastor Bakare made simiiar regret remarks fews days back, some angry true Nigerians were not ready to forgive him. These people said they will never sell the wailers form to him. There is nothing as good as turning back having realised that mistakes have been done. On behalf of all those who failed to see abi observe that Buhari and his apc members were just deceits are hereby forgiven including Feyi. What is left now is to work very hard towards 2019 especially considering the fact that Buhari and apc members are still very powerful. They still insist that they on the accurate line. No body should take this advise as mere because Buhari cannot carry out any change. As at today, I am a retiree but because I was lucky I have some flats which I have been renting. As I am posthing this, my three tenants are all owning me. It has not, never happened like this before. To make things worst, thereby increasing the hopelessness, Dagara and Jubrin corruptions issues will further stagnate this government for not less than four to five month. Before you know it, Buhari's badluck will bring another wahala. There is no hope other than to work very hard towards 2019. Again, Feyi, you are welcome.

2 Likes

Re: Feyi Fawehinmi: I’m Sorry If I Convinced Anyone To Vote For This Government by nell2: 6:46pm On Aug 10, 2016
dockokwus:

we are not saying GEJ is the best but out of the two who is capable. For the fact bubu is over 80 years He shld have been at home taking care of great grand kids.Gej by far is the best option than this kid show we have now.

4 Likes

Re: Feyi Fawehinmi: I’m Sorry If I Convinced Anyone To Vote For This Government by pedestal82(m): 6:48pm On Aug 10, 2016
The new Zombie wailing, anthem, Buhari was a mistake, but GEJ was not an option.
Make una no worry, in another year, una go cry say GEJ was the best option.

2 Likes

Re: Feyi Fawehinmi: I’m Sorry If I Convinced Anyone To Vote For This Government by kutchs: 6:49pm On Aug 10, 2016
TheFreeOne:

I doubt if any sane Nigerian will lineup behind opolo eyes again considering what they are experiencing presently.

Even opolo eye go still wail and Na him own go sweet die.
Don't be too sure bro.

One good positive from all these is that the man Buhari has been demystified. Before the election many including very well educated, informed and enlightened people saw an old antiquated man to who nothing significant and tangible can be traced to as the messiah of Nigeria. They elevated a mere mortal to the status of a god which even Zeus will be jealous of.

When we cautioned, we were told the man has integrity as if that alone solves the whole problem. We were told he isn't corrupt, he's clean, as if that in itself is the sole criteria. Now there are don open.

5 Likes

Re: Feyi Fawehinmi: I’m Sorry If I Convinced Anyone To Vote For This Government by forray(m): 6:51pm On Aug 10, 2016
Yujin:
If you are sincere with this piece I guess you are repentant then. Welcome to the right side. I can see a new country emerging from the smoldering ashes of this Nigeria. We warned but prejudice and hatred blinded a whole lot of people and today we are here. If not for unbridled anger, who would have rejected the sound economic team of GEJ for one antediluvian tyrant called buhari? Any way, what has been written must be accomplished. Welcome Feyi.

I keep asking this question, was good luck and Buhari our only option in last presidential election? Y do u guys keep sounding as if we had no other choice apart from those two. So annoying
Re: Feyi Fawehinmi: I’m Sorry If I Convinced Anyone To Vote For This Government by kryptonian1987(m): 6:52pm On Aug 10, 2016
tsdarkside:

thats it!!!..we dont need gej,what we need is something more better than buhari...

it is very clear that buhari beat jonathan hands off!!!!..

what we need now is something better than buhari!!!::

and if we dont find someone better than buhari,then its better we stick with buhari,,,the way zimbabwe is sticking with mugabe....

dont tell me the zimbabweans are not strong enough to have kicked mugabe away loonnnng time ago!!!

the zimbabweans have their reasons to still tolerate him!!!!...they way the libyans tolerated gaddafi for a looonnng time..

....and how did Gaddafi's life end?...
no worry, Buhari's life too will end like Gaddafi's..... can I hear you say AMEN? grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady And Baby In IDP Camp Vs Lady Rescued From Boko Haram In Sambisa Forest / Why Roads In Lagos Will Always Be Flooded When It Rains (PHOTO) / Enugu Youths Clean The City After The Riots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.