Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,843 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

Let See What Quality The Opposition Has - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let See What Quality The Opposition Has (1200 Views)

2019: There Will Be War Against The Opposition If Buhari Contests – Wike / 2019: There Will Be War Against The Opposition If Buhari Contests – Wike / 70% Of Elections Are Won By The Opposition Party -INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let See What Quality The Opposition Has by maclatunji: 3:01pm On Aug 10, 2016
I see a lot of ranting online and offline about how the present government is not 'doing anything' worthwhile. Sometimes I engage the people that make these complaints to give me a template of what they would do to fix Nigeria's socio-economic problems if they had the chance to be in power.

So far, I have not found a single person with a coherent strategy.

If people like this exist on Nairaland, this thread is open for you to tell us what you believe are Nigeria's greatest challenges, and what you would do to fix them in real terms not just making incoherent rants.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Let See What Quality The Opposition Has by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:11pm On Aug 10, 2016
Then expect the yeye yoots to only come here and type "zombie" without contributing anything meaningful to the discussion..

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Let See What Quality The Opposition Has by Standing5(m): 3:24pm On Aug 10, 2016
They are all over the place yapping for the sake of it. The youth these day think Buhari is their father n shoule help bring back the price of oil to above $100pb. Where are the cassava-bread of our diversification efforts?

4 Likes

Re: Let See What Quality The Opposition Has by maclatunji: 3:30pm On Aug 10, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
The expect the yeye yoots to only come here and type "zombie" without contributing any meaningful to the discussion..

It is very sad. I asked one to explain to me how bombing oil facilities contributes to the development and empowerment of host communities in particular, he could not give an answer. Yet, he was cheering pipeline vandalism.

3 Likes

Re: Let See What Quality The Opposition Has by MadamExcellency: 3:31pm On Aug 10, 2016
There is certainly another meaning of opposition to you, if not you should've come to terms that Buhari is the main opposition to Nigeria's progress.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let See What Quality The Opposition Has by MadamExcellency: 3:36pm On Aug 10, 2016
Please can a honourable member of this board tell Nigerians who is opposing the contents of these Buhari's personal covenant with Nigerians if not Buhari himself?

On May 29, Muhammadu Buhari will take office as President of Nigeria. Expectations are high as most Nigerians expect the coming government to wave a magic wand and make all their problems disappear. The Buhari campaign which ran on a ‘CHANGE’ mantra made numerous promises to Nigerians during the campaign.
Buhari’s campaign promises as presented by Vanguard

On Politics and Governance:
I, Muhammadu Buhari, believe that our politics is broken. Our nation urgently needs fundamental political reform and improvement in governance more transparency and accountable. If you nominate me in December, 2014 and elect me in February 2015, my administration will:

1. Initiate action to amend the Nigerian Constitution with a view to devolving powers, duties, and responsibilities to states in order to entrench true Federalism and the Federal spirit;
2. Strengthen INEC to reduce, if possible, eliminate electoral malpractices in Nigerian’s political life;
3. Attract the best and brightest of our sons and daughters into our politics and public service by aggressive recruitment of private sector people, academics, and professionals within

Nigeria and in the Diaspora through internships, fellowships, executive appointments, and special nomination to contest elective offices;
4. Prevent the abuse and misuse of Executive, Legislative and Public offices, through greater accountability, transparency, strict, and implementable anti-corruption laws, through strengthening and sanitising the EFCC and ICPC as independent entities;
5. Amend the Constitution to remove immunity from prosecution for elected officers in criminal cases;

6. Restructure governance for a leaner, more efficient, and adequately compensated public service sector, while promoting effective participation of the private sector for more robust job creation programmes to employ the teaming youth.;

7. Require full disclosure in media outlets, of all government contracts over N100m prior to award and during implementation at regular intervals;

8. Reform and Strengthen the Justice System for efficient administration and dispensation of justice with the creation of special courts for accelerated hearing of corruption, drug trafficking, terrorism and similar cases of national importance;

9. Fully enforce the Freedom of Information Act l so that government held data sets can be requested and used by the public and then such data sets be publish on regular basis;
10. Amend the Constitution to require Local governments to publish their meeting minutes, service performance data, and items of spending over N10M.
Security and Conflict Resolution

On National Security and Defence:

I will urgently secure the territorial integrity of the nation. I will never leave the defence of the nation in the hands of Hunters, Children, and Civilian JTF through the following:
1. Urgently address capacity building mechanisms of law enforcement agents in terms of quantity and quality as this is critical in safeguarding the sanctity of lives and property;
2. Establish a well trained, adequately equipped and goals driven Serious Crime Squad to combat insurgencies, kidnapping, armed robbery, ethno-religious and communal clashes, nationwide;

3. Consult and amend the Constitution to enable States and Local Governments to create city, Local government and State Policing systems, base on the resources available at each levels, to address the peculiar needs of each community. I will therefore work with the National Assembly to set and revised, when needed, boundaries of operations, for Federal, State, and Local government policing units, through new Criminal Justice legislation to replace the Criminal Code, the Penal Code and the Police Act.

4. I will push for more robust support in the Security and Economic stability of the West-African sub-region and African Continent as a whole. I will seek and maintain close and frank relationship with ALL of West Africa; Special relationship with South Africa and its Sub-region; UK, USA, Canada, EU, Asia, and the Middle East .

On Conflict Resolution, National Unity, And Social Harmony:

I will;
1. Establish a Conflict Resolution Commission to help prevent, mitigate, and resolve civil conflicts within the polity;
2. Bring permanent peace and solution to the insurgency issues in the North-East; the Niger Delta; and other conflict prone states and areas such as Plateau, Benue, Bauchi, Borno, Abia, Taraba, Yobe, and Kaduna in order to engender national unity and social harmony;

3. Initiate policies to ensure that Nigerians are free to live and work in any part of the country by removing state of origin, tribe, ethnic and religious affiliations from documentation requirements in our identification of citizens and replace these with State of Residence and fashion out the appropriate minimal qualification for obtaining such a state of residency, nation-wide.

On Foreign Policy:
I will;
1. Make regional integration a priority within ECOWAS including free trade with a view to ensuring that common tariff currency are in use by the end of my term in office, under Nigeria’s guidance and leadership, base on the size of its market force;

2. Maintain a strong, close and frank relationship within the Gulf of Guinea, the Commonwealth, South Africa and the rest of the world.
3. Establish a special relationship with the leading emerging markets like Brazil; Russia, India and China (BRIC) and other strategic partners around the world.

The Economy & Infrastructure Base On the Economy:
I will;
1. Maintain sound Micro and macro-economic policy environment, and run an efficient government and preserve the independence of the Central Bank;
2. Restore financial confidence in the citizens and the world, by putting in place a more robust monitoring, supervising, and regulating of the financial institutions;

3. Make our economy one of the fastest growing emerging economies in the world with a real GDP growth averaging at least 10-12% annually
4. As at 1999, Nigerian rate of unemployment stood at about 8%, today it is estimated from official statistics to be close to 30%. I will embark on vocational training, entrepreneurial and skills acquisition scheme for graduates along with the creation of Small Business Loan Guarantee Scheme to create at least 5 million new jobs by 2019. A Small and Medium Enterprises Development Commission will be created for this purpose. I will also encourage State Governments to focus on employment creation, by matching everyone job created in the same state.

5. Integrate the informal economy into the mainstream and prioritize the full implementation of the National Identification Scheme to generate the relevant data;
6. Expand domestic demand and will undertake associated public works programmes to achieve this goal;
7. Embark on export and production diversification including investment in infrastructure; promote manufacturing, through Agro Based industries; and expand and promote sub-regional trade through ECOWAS and AU;

8. Make Information Technology, Manufacturing, Agriculture and Entertainment key drivers of our economy, by reviewing the present reward system, which is based on certification, to that based on skills, competencies, and performances;
9. Balance the Nigerian economy across regions by the creation of 6 Regional Economic Development Agencies (REDAs) to act as sub-regional hubs in order to promote healthy regional competitiveness;

Put in place a N300bn Regional Growth Fund with an average of N50bn in each geo-political region; to be managed by the REDAs, to encourage private sector enterprise and to support places currently reliant on only on the public sector, to migrate to a private sector reality;

Amend the Constitution and the:
10. Land Use Act to create freehold/leasehold interests in land along with matching grants for states to create a nationwide electronic land title register on a state by state basis;

11. Create an additional middle-class of at least 4 million new home owners by 2019 by enacting a national mortgage single digit interest rates for purchase of owner occupier houses as well as review the collateral qualification to make funding for home ownership easier, with a 15 to 30 year mortgage terms. This will equally help our banking system migrate from short to long term perspective of their role in sustaining the economy.

12. Create a Social Welfare Program of at least Five Thousand Naira (N5000) that will cater for the 25 million poorest and most vulnerable citizens upon the demonstration of children’s enrolment in school and evidence of immunisation to help promote family stability.

13. Provide allowances to the discharged but unemployed Youth Corps members for Twelve (12) months while in the skills and entrepreneurial development programmes.

On Agriculture:
I will;

1. Modernize the sector and change Nigeria from being a country of self-subsistence farmers to that of a medium/large scale farming nation/producer;

2. Create a nationwide food inspectorate division with a view to improving nutrition and eliminating food-borne hazards

3. Inject sufficient funds to the Agricultural sector to create more agro-allied jobs by way of loans at nominal interest rates for capital investment on medium and commercial scale cash crops;

4. Guarantee a minimum price for all cash crops and facilitate storage of agricultural products to overcome seasonal shortages of selected food crops.

5. Move the nation to an all year round small, medium, and commercial farming through a coordinated integrative irrigation of our existing dams as well as creation of more dam to collect the over flooding waters, nationwide.

6. Revive our Agricultural Research Institutes that are in a state of comatose;

7. Review and strengthened Veterinary practices nationwide.
On Infrastructure:

I will;
1. Review the Public Private Partnership (PPP) enabling environment with a view to addressing the legal, regulatory and operational bottlenecks, challenging the effective administration of the system, by introducing enabling legislation. In addition, I will create a National Infrastructural Development Bank to provide loans at nominal interest rates, exclusively for this sector;

2. Generate, transmit and distribute electricity on a 24/7 basis whilst simultaneously ensuring the development of sustainable/renewable energy, by 2019.

3. Embark on a National Infrastructural Development Programme as a Public Private Partnership that will

(a) ensure 5,000km of Superhighway including service trunks and

(b) building of up to 6,800km of modern railway completed by 2019;

4. Enact new legal and regulatory frameworks to establish independent regulation and incentives to accelerate public and private sector investment in seaports, railways, and inland waterways;

5. Embark on PPP schemes that will ensure every one of the 36 states has one functional airport, with all 21st Century safety tools for effective commercial air travel.

On the Oil and Gas Industry:
I will:

1. Revive and reactivate our minimally performing Refineries to optimum capacity;
2. Make the industry and Nigeria one of the world leading/cutting edge centres for clean oil and gas technology; also producing leading world Oil and Gas technologist, scientists, and owing mega structure installations, drilling, processing, and production facilities and engineers. These facilities and scientists will be supported with the best services and research facilities.

3. Fully develop the sector’s capacity to absorb more of the nation’s new graduate in the labour market. The sector will be funded to produce more home-grown, but world class engineers, scientists, technologist, etc.;

4. Modernise the NNPC and make it the national energy champion. I will consider breaking it up into more efficient, commercially driven units; and may strip it of its regulatory powers, so as to enable it tap into international capital market;

5. Enforce the government master plan for oil companies to end flaring that pollutes the air and damages the communities and people’s health and ensure that they sell at least half of their gas produced within Nigeria;

6. Speedily pass the much-delayed Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) and ensure that local content issues are fully addressed

7. Make Nigeria the world’s leading exporter of LNG through the creation of strategic partnerships.

8. Stabilise oil price

The Society & Human Capital Development On Education:
I will;
1. Fully review provisions of the Universal Basic Education Act with emphasis on gender equity in primary, secondary school enrolment whilst improving the quality and substance of our schools, through outcome based education, that address the individual, family, and societal roles in education; and the associative skills and competencies that go with these responsibilities;

2. Targeting up to 20% of our annual budget for this critical sector whilst making substantial investments in training quality teachers at all levels of the educational system;
3. Implement a performance based education, predicated on outcomes, skills, and competences as against the current certificate based qualification. I will adjust the reward system accordingly too. This way, exams malpractice and certificate forgery will be resolved once and for all. Young men and women interested in real liberal arts education, based on a true understanding of scientific, the humanistic, and the social sciences will fill our classrooms to be prepared for future leadership of the nation;

4. Enhance teacher training and improve the competence of teachers in the light of the 21st Century and beyond understanding of the learner types, intelligence types, as the multiple assessment types, in order to open up learning for all our children types. The era of one student type will give way to an all learner type for our children and young people as well as adults who want to return to the classroom to sharpen their skills, competencies, and sensibilities. This re-engineering of our education will be followed with a clearly thought out and vigorous national inspection programmes;

5. Make learning experiences more meaningful for children as the nation’s education will no longer be a preparation for life, but life itself. Our children will be democratised for education, rather than be educated for democracy. This view of education will make educating our children more cost-effective in the long run;
6. Provide One Meal a day for all elementary/primary/Almajiri schools That will create jobs in Agriculture, Catering, and Delivery Services
7. Develop and promote effective use of innovative teaching methods/materials in our schools;

8. Ensure a greater proportion of expenditure on university education is devoted to helping our youth to understand the juxtaposition of Science, Technology, the Humanities and the Social Sciences.

9. Establish at least six new universities of Science and Technology with satellite campuses in various states. These six universities should be fully equipped with ICT technologies in order to attract and encourage small and medium scale ICT enterprises after their university education;

10. Establish technical colleges and vocational centres in each state of the federation;

11. Provide more conducive environment for private sector participation in all levels of education. Re-authorised the NUC, TETFUN, JAMB, etc, Acts to enable Private institutions of Higher learning to benefit from research funds and programmes that will serve the national good;

12. Establish six centres of excellence to address the needs of special education;

On Healthcare:
I will;
1. Prioritise the reduction of the infant mortality rate substantially; reduce maternal mortality rates to the levels acceptable by the World Health Organisation; reduce HIV/AIDS and other infectious diseases drastically and improve life expectancy by an additional 10 years on average through our National Healthy Living program;

2. Increase the number of physicians from 19 per 1000 population to 50 per 1000 through deliberate medication education as epitomize by nations such as Ghana. I will increase national health expenditure per person per annum to about N50,000 (from the less than N10,000 currently);
3. Increase the quality of all federal government owned hospitals to world class standard by 2019;
4. Invest in cutting edge technology such as tele-medicine in all major health centers in the country through partnership programmes with communities and the private sector;

5. Provide free ante-natal care for pregnant women; free health care for babies and children up to school going age and for the aged; and free treatment for those afflicted with infectious diseases such as tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS;
6. Boost the local manufacture of pharmaceuticals and make non adulterated drugs readily available.
Set an effective prosecution and punishment systems, for those importing or adulterating drugs in the country.

7. The enhancement of the Epidemiological Units / Centres for Diseas Control to meet up with Global standards in containment of disease outbreaks, proper vaccine storage and research;
8. Create an Insurance Policy for our Journalists as the nation faces hard times and our Journalists face more dangers in the discharge of their investigative work, to educate Nigerians in their rights and responsibilities.

9. Ban medical tourism by our politicians from May 29, 2015.

On Youth, Sports and Culture:
I will;
1. Provide the opportunities such as setting up functional recreational facilities, Library with e-services, Community Centers, in collaboration with States, Local Government Authorities, Local Development Areas, etc for youth to realize, harness, and develop their potentials to the fullest, in order to facilitate the emergence of the new generation of citizens, who will be committed to the sustenance of good governance and service to the people and the country;

2. Establish Zonal world-class sports academies and training institutes and ensure that Nigeria occupies a place of pride in global sports and athletics;
3. Revive and restructure the Nigerian Football League and put incentives in place to make it as competitive as other national leagues
4. Put in place measures to identify talents early and ensure their participation in local and international games to enable them to be true professionals;

5. Help as well as mandate schools and communities to create neighborhood playgrounds/sports centre. I will create matching support funds for communities to acquire the needed equipment to develop skills and competencies;

6. Assist Nollywood to fully develop into world class movie industry that can compete effectively with Hollywood and Bollywood in due course. I will support the creative and performing arts with the necessary environment where by our great entertainers do not end their lives in abject poverty as is currently the case.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/what-buhari-promised-nigerians/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let See What Quality The Opposition Has by Standing5(m): 3:52pm On Aug 10, 2016
MadamExcellency:
There is certainly another meaning of opposition to you, if not you should've come to terms that Buhari is the main opposition to Nigeria's progress.
Receive sense.
Re: Let See What Quality The Opposition Has by 12Monkeys: 3:54pm On Aug 10, 2016
The same zombies that where celebrating Aisha's scam US visit are the one's now claiming she is a private citizen and as such the visit was unofficial.

May God PUNISH ALL YOU ZOMBIES TODAY!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let See What Quality The Opposition Has by modath(f): 3:56pm On Aug 10, 2016
MadamExcellency:

Ngwakwe, leave the rhetorics and upside down logic. Just list viable alternatives to Buhari and articulate goals and objectives.... Now go...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let See What Quality The Opposition Has by MasterJayJay: 3:58pm On Aug 10, 2016
Keneking, where art thou? You are needed here. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Let See What Quality The Opposition Has by 12Monkeys: 3:59pm On Aug 10, 2016
modath:

Ngwakwe, leave the rhetorics and upside down logic. Just list viable alternatives to Buhari and articulate goals and objectives.... Now go...

WTF?

Your Buhari is in charge until 2019!

What nonsense is this?

Can you honestly state that a nation of over 170 MILLLION People and Buhari remains the ONLY viable option?

You must be seriously delusional!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let See What Quality The Opposition Has by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 10, 2016
I am here...there is nothing to debate as the incumbent government have failed the masses.

The macroeconomy is in shambles. embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let See What Quality The Opposition Has by MasterJayJay: 4:02pm On Aug 10, 2016
Emm..... Buhari already appointed ministersnoisemakers to do the job. Should the opposition tell you how to do your job? undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let See What Quality The Opposition Has by jaybee3(m): 4:04pm On Aug 10, 2016
12Monkeys:

WTF?

What nonsense is this?

Can you honestly state that a nation of over 170 MILLLION People and Buhari remains the ONLY viable option?

Why do you think buhari is your problem?

Don't you have representatives who are hell bent on looting

How about your Governors with direct task of bringing developments close to you?

They've asked you to proffer solutions but as always your empty head only knows how to point fingers

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let See What Quality The Opposition Has by jaybee3(m): 4:10pm On Aug 10, 2016
Keneking:
I am here...there is nothing to debate as the incumbent government have failed the masses.

The macroeconomy is in shambles. embarassed

Proffer solutions to the macro economy

We don't want theoretical Jargons. Give us practical solutions since you would have been able to do better considering our best export is currently tagged with junk status.

The best countries with solid structures had to quantitative ease their way out of recession
Some had to devalue their currency and in turn make their export attractive
Some had to lower corporation taxes in order to attract corporations

what do you proffer for Nigeria?
Re: Let See What Quality The Opposition Has by 12Monkeys: 4:12pm On Aug 10, 2016
jaybee3:

Why do you think buhari is your problem?

Don't you have representatives who are hell bent on looting

How about your Governors with direct tasks of bringing developments close to you?

They've asked you to proffer solutions but as always your empty head only knows how to point fingers

silly you.

This is what I told your type during GEJ era when money was awash to your useless state governor Aregberascal but some how you still held Goodluck responsible for your inability to feed your unemployable ass.

That argument is lame because Buhari through misplaced priorities and total cluelessness is the major architect of our current economic woes.

His totally dissastrous economic and financial policies is what is causing Nigeria's current economic recession.

The man is at best a slowpoke!

2 Likes

Re: Let See What Quality The Opposition Has by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 10, 2016
jaybee3:

Proffer solutions to the macro economy

We don't want theoretical Jargons. Give us practical solutions since you would have been able to do better considering our best export is currently tagged with junk status.

The best countries with solid structures had to quantitative ease their way out of recession

These ideas and suggestions are not suitable for a stone-faced president, weak economic management team and pathetic central bank.Useless government.

Let them check how Kenya and Angola survived theirs...nonsense

1 Like

Re: Let See What Quality The Opposition Has by modath(f): 4:15pm On Aug 10, 2016
12Monkeys:

WTF?

What nonsense is this?

Tell one of your 12 monkeys to speak (or type) for you, no doubt they are steps above you in the IQ dept....

The question I posed, you couldn't tackle, just list who and why, considering the prevalent economic, social and ethnocentric realities?, not for you to deflect and abuse ....

P.S... Think am well and respond constructively, if you begin throw tantrums, ain't nobody gat time for kiddie fun time.. angry

2 Likes

Re: Let See What Quality The Opposition Has by 12Monkeys: 4:16pm On Aug 10, 2016
jaybee3:

[s]Proffer solutions to the macro economy

[/s]

what is the useless APC govt's job?

Are we the ones to now advice Buhari and his useless govt?

When he was appointing Duara cowboys left, right and centre into key positions did you ask what warranted their appointments?

Buhari and the useless APC said they knew it all and can fix what wasn't broken during the campaigns!

If they can't keep to their useless campaign promises they should at least try and return the country back to how GEJ handed it over to them!

4 Likes

Re: Let See What Quality The Opposition Has by MasterJayJay: 4:16pm On Aug 10, 2016
Keneking:

These ideas and suggestions are not suitable for a stone-faced president, weak economic management team and pathetic central bank.Useless government.

Bros, calm down. Your body dey hot.

Are you into importation business?

1 Like

Re: Let See What Quality The Opposition Has by jaybee3(m): 4:18pm On Aug 10, 2016
12Monkeys:

silly you.

This is what I told your type during GEJ era when money was awash to your useless state governor Aregberascal but some how you still held Goodluck responsible for your inability to feed your unemployable ass.

That argument is lame because Buhari through misplaced priorities and total cluelessness is the major architect of our current economic woes.

His totally dissastrous economic and financial policies is what is causing Nigeria's current economic recession.

The man is at best a slowpoke!

You are seriously beyond retarded if you think his refusal to devalue the currency that they didn't have enough money to defend is the reason for you wallowing in abject poverty.

If you had any iota of sense, surely you should be asking why couldn't we defend the naira from cyclical expected shock as a direct result of crude oil volatility
Re: Let See What Quality The Opposition Has by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 10, 2016
MasterJayJay:

Bros, calm down. Your body dey hot.

Are you into importation business?

Not directly involved...what about it undecided
Re: Let See What Quality The Opposition Has by MasterJayJay: 4:20pm On Aug 10, 2016
Keneking:

Not directly involved...what about it undecided
Just asking.. no vex
Re: Let See What Quality The Opposition Has by 12Monkeys: 4:21pm On Aug 10, 2016
jaybee3:

[s]You are seriously beyond retarded if you think his refusal to devalue the currency that they didn't have enough money to defend is the reason for you wallowing in abject poverty.

If you had any iota of sense, surely you should be asking why couldn't we defend the naira from cyclical expected shock as a direct result of crude oil volatility[/s]

Save your insuts for your mama t0t0

2 Likes

Re: Let See What Quality The Opposition Has by jaybee3(m): 4:24pm On Aug 10, 2016
Keneking:

I wasn't suggesting we do any of those my guy. I was asking you to give us ideas.

I'm just pointing out that our situation is peculiar hence the difficulty in finding a case study that could be copied and successfully implemented.

Angola doesn't have the same population nor suffering from similar geopolitical tensions. Besides, Angola are also on a downward spiral since their major export is oil. Their citizen aren't sabotaging their govt's efforts though if that's any consolation.

3 Likes

Re: Let See What Quality The Opposition Has by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 10, 2016
jaybee3:

I wasn't suggesting we do any of those my guy. I was asking you to give us ideas.
I'm just pointing out that our situation is peculiar hence the difficulty in finding a case study that could be copied and successfully implemented.
Angola doesn't have the same population nor suffering from similar geopolitical tensions. Besides, Angola are also on a downward spiral since their major export is oil. Their citizen aren't sabotaging their govt's efforts though if that's any consolation.

Frankly, so many advise have been offered to the government - on the forum - I have lost count.
Not a single idea have been adopted. So what is the essence?
We have to wait for the next election.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let See What Quality The Opposition Has by onnenka: 4:31pm On Aug 10, 2016
Very stupîd questions. Buhari and his gang of Yoruba supporters should just implement the so called solutions and alternatives they talked about when GEJ was in power and make sure Nigeria is better for it. That is all we ask.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let See What Quality The Opposition Has by jmoore(m): 4:35pm On Aug 10, 2016
Basic problems have proven hard to tackle by this government.

Thousands already starved to death in IDP camps. Do you need rocket science to feed these displaced people?

Buhari and the 5% statement. How do I reset his brain? I can't.

About fulani herdsmen terrorist, how many times have we said that nomadic farming should be banned? Let the owners of these cows buy or get a land on lease and build ranches.

Back from a longtime ban, mods una wicked sha. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let See What Quality The Opposition Has by ba7man(m): 4:39pm On Aug 10, 2016
They can't even explain how Buhari has ruined the economy.

Neither can they give details on why the economy is on a downward spiral.

How do you expect them to proffer solutions? undecided
Re: Let See What Quality The Opposition Has by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 10, 2016
Wow! Zombies have moved from buhari is a God to there is no better alternative.
Buhari Is A Liar, he said he was going to make life better for Nigerians but he is doing the exact opposite.
He spent half of his lifetime fantasizing and thinking of how to become president and now that he is there he is completely clueless, All he does is take pictures and fly around.
The guy was overthrown in 1985 and since then he has achieved nothing for himself(no further education, no businesses, no charity organizations, no investments)
Honestly Buhari is incompetent and he knows it, he also knows that if he truly love Nigeria then he has to resign before 2016.
My prayer is if buhari does not resign or accept defeat in 2019 or before due to selfishness or "I am your saviour" mentality , then may Almighty Allah destroy him, his team and his camp.
Before you label me an IPOB or wailer please know that I am hausa man from katsina and also a muslim

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

First Rescued Chibok Girl Misses Her Boko Haram Husband. BBC News. / Nigeria Unveil Its 1st Solar Powered Tricylce,amina Mohammed Drive It Around(pix / Court Ruling: Kogi Gov‎'s Convoy Turns To Bank Vault, Group Says It Is "God Win"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.