Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Should I Work For No Salary Because I Need Experience? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Work For No Salary Because I Need Experience? (983 Views)

I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder / Fidelity Bank, Best Bank To Work For In Nigeria – Survey / 1 Yrs With Ocane Energy And Projects,ph And Still No Salary Pls Advice!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should I Work For No Salary Because I Need Experience? by scopido(m): 7:56pm On Dec 09, 2006
I got a job with an estate firm as an estate surveyor,the employer want me to work without sallary but commision.Should i take it ?
Re: Should I Work For No Salary Because I Need Experience? by 1forall: 7:44am On Dec 10, 2006
It depends on you pal, if you really need the experience it may not be a bad idea cos youre going to make contacts while you work which would help expand your network and who knows, you could land a good deal. Also if the job is something you love doing, you may not really mind initially. The downside with me is if youre a graduate, I believe you need to be rewarded for your effort, no matter what. Its a shame that the situation of our nation can make a graduate consider such tasking work conditions.
Bottom line - dont take the job if you dont have a passion for it.

Wish you the best.

* Please spell salary with 1 'l', not 2

(1) (Reply)

Industrial Attachment / Wiring/electrical Design Tutor Needed / Intercontinental Bank Sacks 26 Staff From Agm And Above

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.